SATURN MAHADASHA FOR MAKARA LAGNA

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: SATURN MAHADASHA FOR MAKARA LAGNA

Post by basab14 » 17 Jul 2012

Gold,

I agree with you that for Capricorn lagna, Saturn doesn't lord a dusthana.
gold wrote:I meant 1st and 2nd lord...not like aq lagna where it's 12th lord too.

"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 17 Jul 2012

Yellow wrote:Raaginim,

Thank you so much for writing in details how the Jupiter period that you passed makes sense in your life, and I have to say this that after reading your post, there is not a single doubt that has come up in my mind, so clear and so wonderful has been your explanation. It’s really amazing how a birth chart makes sense so perfectly, or maybe, it’s your amazing interpretation skills that actually deserve the credit. I believe you are a good astrologer—you ought to be—to make such brilliant analysis that you have done—even if it’s a retrospective one.

I take your words that you are not a good predictor—though my mind have huge doubts about it that maybe it’s your modesty that makes you say so—but you have a good understanding of astrology, and if you try making predictions with that much sincerity with which you have analysed your own chart, I am sure, you will definitely be as accurate in predicting as you have been in analyzing past events from your chart.

Thanks once more for the detailed analysis of your Jupiter period and how it perfectly tallies with your life. It was a big help for someone like me, who struggles like anything to understand his own chart, forget understanding other people’s charts, and starts doubting whether the planets have forgotten their own set rules for carving the human destiny. This kind of analysis brings back that lost faith, making one believe that yes, the planets do show their effect, it’s just that very few understand their language.
Yellow your words are far too kind and I'm not worthy. Perhaps I do have some insight on my own life having thought about it deeply on many occasions, I have had lots to think about believe me. To me astrology is about causality rather than direct correlations so perhaps that is why I was able to spot a few things. Understanding the subject and being able to make it work for someone else's karmic map as revealed by the chart, thats a whole other ballgame. Superficial connections are easy but to point at the connections meaningfully, that needs wisdom, experience, intuition and brilliance, which are the strengths of some on this forum, but certainly not mine.

I am very glad my words gave you heart, and if my experiences as to,d could benefit you in anyway, well thats better still.

Warm wishes,

Raagini
I walked a thousand miles just to slip this skin...

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 17 Jul 2012

Yup, the best part does revolve around Shukra. the 5th lord in the 10th forms a Raja yoga. The Kendras belong to Vishnu, and the Trikonas belong to Lakshmi. Any connect between the two form a excellent Dharma Karma Adipati yoga. The beauty here is that the 5th lord goes to the 10th and from the 10th house,aspects the 4th house as the 5th lord. That makes it 2 Dharma Karma Adipati Yogas. It's beautiful. Shukra is no doubt in a Mrithyu Avasta, but its weakness if compensated by the excellent Astakavarga strength.(7 Bindus out of 8 )
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

astroboy wrote:Yup, the best part does revolve around Shukra. the 5th lord in the 10th forms a Raja yoga. The Kendras belong to Vishnu, and the Trikonas belong to Lakshmi. Any connect between the two form a excellent Dharma Karma Adipati yoga. The beauty here is that the 5th lord goes to the 10th and from the 10th house,aspects the 4th house as the 5th lord. That makes it 2 Dharma Karma Adipati Yogas. It's beautiful. Shukra is no doubt in a Mrithyu Avasta, but its weakness if compensated by the excellent Astakavarga strength.(7 Bindus out of 8 )
Astroboy good morning to you. Good news from you, glad tidings indeed.
Last edited by raaginim on 02 Jun 2014, edited 1 time in total.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 17 Jul 2012

Raagini ji,

I really liked your post, the way you have explained how Jupiter period showed its effect in your life. It is true, I agree that one has to understand his life deeply, and then only when he tries to find explanations of that through his birth chart that he can see how deep the significance of each and every planet in his birth chart is.

I agree with you that it’s very difficult to understand someone else’s birth chart, even if one can understand his own birth chart very deeply, but then, to say that you don’t know astrology that well will be wrong. You have to know it well, even if to make sense of your own birth chart. You have to know all the theories of astrology to understand how your chart is showing its effect in your life.

What amazed me most in your post is that, you showed how Jupiter gave all the effects that it had promised in your birth chart. Very few times I have seen planets giving all the effects signified by them, and though earlier I would come to the conclusion from that that astrology is not hundred percent correct, but now, I will think a hundred times before saying that.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Yellow. :) jupiters participation in two vry's one parivartan, a gaj kesri and two neechbhangs allowed that. Its a very active planet.

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 18 Jul 2012

Raagini ji,

Your horoscope has different elements ie,earthy/airy!

On one hand you are practical and realistic cappy and on other hand, a butterfly gemini :)

If you act with cappy seriousness, then gemini jolly good nature suffers and vice versa.

If you accept this basic difference in your own mind/self, then things may turn out good.

When god has created us in this mold, then it must be a need for our souls, we can't be otherwise.

Just my observation, wish you good luck in saturn dasa and saturn-mercury will be better after saturn transit to libra.

Considering dasa lagna leo, mercury is 2nd and 11th lord in 5th house aspected by jupiter 5th lord. But too much can't be expected as 8th and 12th lords jup and moon aspect mercury.

considering dasa lagna gemini in navamsa, then mercury in 11th house as lord of lagna aspected by 3rd lord sun but debilitated. saturn dasa lord is well placed, so later part of sat-mer will be good ie from sat-mer-rahu. Foreign connection/travel in this period is indicated as well.

wish u gud luk again.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 18 Jul 2012

Raagini ji,

I agree with you that your Jupiter is involved in many yogas, so it's not right to conclude, as I did, saying that it was not good. That is why I so much appreciated your post on Jupiter in your chart. Yes, the nakshatras also shows their effect as you have rightly pointed out. Rahu is known for its restlessness, and I, having Rahu-Moon in my chart, know it very well. Once more I would like to say that it was nice reading your analysis of your Jupiter period and also the recent one, which I have quoted here. Thanks for taking out time to explain it to me.

Yes, you are right, my lagna is Libra, and my moon sign is Cancer. About the birth details you have given in the transit section, I am sure Saindhavi ji will check the chart and reply to you if she has seen it because she normally gives a lot of readings in this forum, I have noticed.
raaginim wrote:Thanks Yellow. :) jupiters participation in two vry's one parivartan, a gaj kesri and two neechbhangs allowed that. Its a very active planet. My moon is conjunct to it making these yogas significant and further my moon is in sagittarius in navamsa, where its travelled 7 houses from its lagna position, which is typically considered good so there are large number of intricacies here. Let me tell you I felt the classic Rahu traits of restlessness and illusory views for the entire period due to both Jupiter moon being in its nakshatra. Rahu moon exchange nakshatras too. Its a potent combination, this group of 4 because of being locked together.

I hope Saindhaviji responds on my query on a friends chart in the transit section, I posted it after I saw you too had libra lagna and if I'm not mistaken cancer moon.

Best,

Raagini
Last edited by basab14 on 18 Jul 2012, edited 1 time in total.

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 18 Jul 2012

krishnagopal1968 wrote:Raagini ji,

Your horoscope has different elements ie,earthy/airy!

On one hand you are practical and realistic cappy and on other hand, a butterfly gemini :)

If you act with cappy seriousness, then gemini jolly good nature suffers and vice versa.

If you accept this basic difference in your own mind/self, then things may turn out good.

When god has created us in this mold, then it must be a need for our souls, we can't be otherwise.

Just my observation, wish you good luck in saturn dasa and saturn-mercury will be better after saturn transit to libra.

Considering dasa lagna leo, mercury is 2nd and 11th lord in 5th house aspected by jupiter 5th lord. But too much can't be expected as 8th and 12th lords jup and moon aspect mercury.

considering dasa lagna gemini in navamsa, then mercury in 11th house as lord of lagna aspected by 3rd lord sun but debilitated. saturn dasa lord is well placed, so later part of sat-mer will be good ie from sat-mer-rahu. Foreign connection/travel in this period is indicated as well.

wish u gud luk again.
Krishnagopalji how kind of you to take time to explain things to me. This dasha lagna method is the second method I have now made detailed notes of that you have mentioned. I find this most helpful. Am learning lots. Can I venture a question about Saturn Ketu? Have had conflicting views on it and would love to have your take and reasons. Also have PMed you about a question I had regarding the Amk method you had mentioned. Would be much obliged if you would have a look.

Warm regards,

Raagini

krishnagopal1968
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by krishnagopal1968 » 18 Jul 2012

Raagini ji,

Saturn-ketu will make you more interested in astrology!

some health problems , some separations but you will come out wise :)

astroleaner
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astroleaner » 02 Aug 2012

Last edited by astroleaner on 25 Feb 2013, edited 1 time in total.

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 23 Aug 2012

Hi There, I will respond tomorrow. Will look at your chart tonight. Sorry haven't been that regular lately.

Raagini

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Astroleaner, saturn and moon in the star of storms and tumult and tears. Your rahu and your mercury would have had critical parts to play in your story. Am so very glad to hear you are in a good place after these long hard years.

Warm Regards,

Raagini

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi There, please provide complete details.

regards

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 02 Oct 2012

deleted

Jagat

Post by Jagat » 06 Oct 2012

Surprise o surprise --
This thread has few people who share my horoscope

Raagini - Sa MD Sa AD is tough no matter where Sa is placed.
I will say wait for Sa MD Me AD, it should be good to very good depending where Me is
In your D1 and D9.

What happened in 2009 was more of Sa transiting 8th house

Currently Sa in Libra should do wonders for ur career

Trust me i am more that half way thru my Sa MD and most of planet
Placement lagna is similar than urs

My Details
21 st August 1976
17:15
Bikaner

Cheers

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 09 Oct 2012

deleted

map
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by map » 28 Feb 2013

Hi Sandymaker,

Bad past will get over next year by feb 2014. Good time is ahead. Sani's effect will wane.

regards
map

Kamlesh
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Kamlesh » 27 Nov 2017

I am also facing sa MD and facing a lot of problem Makar lagna saturn in fourth hosuse

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 28 Nov 2017

Kumbha lagna Saturn in 4th generally gives fame, makes a person popular with masses. For makara people it tends to be earthy rashi, not airy like kumbha, so different results.

Maybe other combinations in your chart are not supporting. Possibly 12th house effects of Saturn in play.

joyd

Post by joyd » 28 Nov 2017

jagath-had you any right leg knee related diseases or fracture of right knee or knee replacement surgery or an accident to your right leg knee , during your saturns dasa period?

joyd.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 28 Nov 2017

In previous post, I mean to say - Kumbha lagna (Aquarius) natives have Saturn ruling 1st and 12th, so a very hard life initially through childhood, young age, and later there may be rewards if native have persevered and stayed away from vices. If Saturn placed 4th for Kumbha, popularity with masses is possible.

Makara - shani rules 2nd house of family and inherited wealth, but shani not an easy giver. So full benefits of this house significations also get delayed for the native due to Saturn rulership. In many ways, they may have average life, not too hard but then nothing extraordinary either.