SATURN MAHADASHA FOR MAKARA LAGNA

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
raaginim
Contributor
Contributor
SATURN MAHADASHA FOR MAKARA LAGNA

Post by raaginim » 15 Apr 2012

Respected members,

I am trying to understand how the principles work for Lagna lords in their dashas even if they are malefics. Could some one give their views on Saturn Mahadasha for makara lagna. My timings are: Mahadasha began in 2009. Saturn is in Leo in 8th house direct aspecting its own second house.

I would appreciate some indication of how you estimate it has gone so far and a prognosis for the future.

looking forward,

Raagini
Last edited by raaginim on 09 Oct 2012, edited 1 time in total.

I walked a thousand miles just to slip this skin...

sas14325

Re: SATURN MAHADASHA FOR MAKARA LAGNA

Post by sas14325 » 05 May 2012

As per your data

your lagana is Capricorn so Saturn becomes first and second lord and is placed in eight house

from moon lagana Saturn becomes 8th and 9 th lord and is placed in third house,and is aspects his own house with seventh aspect.
at the same time as per (Sudarsanacontext) expect sun position both (moon ,lagan comes under Asuri lagans)so from both Saturn holds trikona house lord ships as 9th and 1st.(from moon and and from lagan).

so from above view Saturn period is not at all bad ,comes to Saturn/Venus is really good period..u can see some (sudden benefits, unexpected gains .....good )

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 21 Jun 2012

Your Saturn is in average position. You have to be careful between February 2014 to march 2015 . Your ketu antar Dasha is not good . Present period is an average time. Good time is in saturn/venus dasha which starts from april 2015 to may 2018

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 04 Jul 2012

Lost track of this thread after waiting for ages. Thanks for your responses.

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 16 Jul 2012

deleted
Last edited by raaginim on 02 Jun 2014, edited 1 time in total.

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

deleted

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 16 Jul 2012

Raaginim,

Sorry to hear your life turned upside down...But you should understand Saturn does something for a reason..He makes u disciplined and correct wats wrong in you..Everything has a reason so dont be afraid or depressed..Things will change for good.. Appease him and do some remedies.He will help you...

Gold,
I have to Deny your statement "Saturn def makes one spiritual and takes away all the things we are attached to"...Saturns placement and him being functional benefic or malefic is all depends on Karma..So do not just come straght in to a conclusion and fear yourself and others as well.

Even I am running Saturn MD, so want to give you the right impression on him..He is strict but good!

Do some remedies and you should be good

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

deleted

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Jul 2012

Good day Raginim,
Examine the strength and the influence of the Dispositor of Shani. You will Get your answers.

Best regards,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Astroboy, a privilege to have you respond here.

Thank you for your comments and interest.

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Jul 2012

Many thanks for those kind words,(excellent grasp and use of the language) You made my day. :oops:. You know how to get your way. :)

What I find interesting in your chart is the "influence" Shani is able to cast on this horoscope, and thus, on you. Under normal circumstances, Jyotishya states that the Dasha period of a Lagna lord should be "good", all other factors being Equal. But as we learn the hard way, the reverse is true.

At cursory glance, the horoscope does not reveal the damage inflicted on Shani. Scratch the surface, and the wounds are revealed.

Shani is in a "Classic" Papa kartari yoga. He is caught, with his pants down, right in between two Malefics, Rahu and Kuja.

The dispositor of Shani is Ravi. Ravi is in the Rashi of Kuja, who is debilitated. To add fuel to the fire, Ravi is debilitated in the Navamsha. Kuja is not keen to keep the interests of the houses he owns because he happens to be in the Nakshatra of Budha. Budha is in the 12th house. All these factors aggitate Shani more than ever.

One way to assess Shani's mood is to check his Avasta. It does not work at all times, But in this case, It does give us a clue on what is in Shani's mind.

T.C. Raganim.jpg
Dont be fooled by Kuja being "delighted". Under normal circumstances, he behaves like a gentleman and minds his own business. But when instigated, stressed and pushed against the wall, He is more than delighted, to wreck havoc, thus bringing down in minutes, what took a life time to build.

P.S. - Oscar wilde once commented, "We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.". We, on this forum, do it literally :roll: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

deleted

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 16 Jul 2012

Raaginim,

Spend some time reading this http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... &hilit=gig ...Brilliant article by AB..This changes the impression on Saturn.

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Post by raaginim » 17 Jul 2012

Thanks jegdis5. I have already read the article before. :) I have also read Svoboda's book The greatness of Saturn 3 years ago, at the onset if my Saturn MD, and even Liz Greene's Saturn, A new look at an old devil. Which is an excellent psychological treatise. I recommend it, have a look.

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

Also jegdis5 do have a look at Astroboy's response where he clearly explains and demonstrates the point that Saturns mood and avastha as well as his temperament basis placement and other connections will over ride any dictum that says he is benefic or good or bad as lagna lord he won't cause difficulties and loss. In the context of Saturn *Individual* results are on chart technicals such as placement in friendly sign, strength, age of planet and avastha, connections of other planets to him rather than broad categorisations of good or bad.

Chrs again,

Raagini

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by basab14 » 17 Jul 2012

Raaginim,

I have been reading the posts here, and I checked your chart, too. You have written that the period of Jupiter was very good for you, but I didn't really understand why it was so, seeing the lordship and placement of it in your chart. It is a functional malefic for your lagna, and placed in the 6th house. The two positive points I could see were as follows: Jupiter is making vipareet raja yoga, and it is forming gajakesari yoga, but the former one is supposed to give good results after lots of struggles, and the latter one, though a good yoga to have is not well placed in the chart, to be so effective, and the lordships of the planets, which make the yoga are also not that good. Seeing you have a good understanding of astrology from your posts so far in this thread, and your mentioning that you have been able to make perfect sense of what has happened in your life from your chart, I would be really glad if you tell me about what you feel as to why Jupiter gave such good results in your case.

About Saturn period, I feel, periods of lagna lord in the 8th house are generally difficult. I myself am running the period of lagna lord in the 8th house for the last 16 years, and it has been a very difficult period for me in all respects. You have a good 10th house, so I don't think your career will be much affected by this planetary period, though it will hamper it to some extent, definitely. About your marriage, as 7th lord in the 6th house, and Mars in the 7th house forming a manglik dosha, problems had to happen, even if the dasha was a favourable one. That's what I feel about it.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

deleted

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 17 Jul 2012

Saturn Dasha[Chaturshiti Sama Dasha, since 10L in 10H] was on from 27-07-1999 to 27-07-2011.regards :D
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 17 Jul 2012

Hi Astroboy,
In which software i can find the mood and alertness of the planets??

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Gold,

How can you say Saturn is totally benefic for the chart? It is lagna lord, which is good, but it is a maraka as 2nd lord, and then, the main part is, it is in the 8th house, in an enemy sign, which is not good at all.
gold wrote:Would love to see other birthdata who has or going thro saturn period and have capricorn lagna since saturn is fully benefic here.
"Go thou and follow Him, who was born and gave His life for others five hundred times before He attained the vision of the Buddha!" -- Swami Vivekananda

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 17 Jul 2012

Gold have a look in mine...thought I am not capricon lagna...
I am aries lagna and saturn is badhakesh but i am well off..

Raaginim,

Yes I see that..Thats what V.Paul also says in his lessons..
Last edited by jegdis5 on 07 Jan 2013, edited 2 times in total.

basab14
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Raaginim,

Thank you so much for writing in details how the Jupiter period that you passed makes sense in your life, and I have to say this that after reading your post, there is not a single doubt that has come up in my mind, so clear and so wonderful has been your explanation. It’s really amazing how a birth chart makes sense so perfectly, or maybe, it’s your amazing interpreting skills that actually deserve the credit. I believe you are a good astrologer, to make such a brilliant analysis that you have done—even if it’s a retrospective one.

I take your words that you are not a good predictor—though my mind have huge doubts about it that maybe it’s your modesty that makes you say so—but you have a good understanding of astrology, and if you try making predictions with that much sincerity with which you have analysed your own chart, I am sure, you will definitely be as accurate in predicting as you have been in analyzing past events from your chart.

Thanks once more for the detailed analysis of your Jupiter period and how it perfectly tallied with your life. It was a big help for someone like me, who struggles like anything to understand his own chart, forget understanding other people’s charts, and starts doubting whether the planets have forgotten their own set rules for carving the human destiny. This kind of analysis brings back that lost faith, making one believe that yes, the planets do show their effect, it’s just that very few understand their language.
Last edited by basab14 on 18 Jul 2012, edited 3 times in total.

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 17 Jul 2012

Gold,

Ok mate!...just thought of giving u...

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 17 Jul 2012

Raaginim,
In all this gloom, what is the positive point in your horoscope :?:

raaginim
Contributor
Contributor

astroboy wrote:Raaginim,
In all this gloom, what is the positive point in your horoscope :?:
Astroboy pessimism is my middle name so I will venture a few guesses with trepidation, but wait for your view to give me some heart. Here goes nothing:

1. I would imagine yogakaraka 5th and 10L Venus in 10th house. But I don't have shukra MD so can't reap the full benefits.