Moola Dasa: Indicator of Karmik Root Causes

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Moola Dasa: Indicator of Karmik Root Causes

Post by shilpa » 09 Mar 2012

This write-up can be considered a folow-up to the “ D60 Shashthyamsa—why do you get the destiny you get”?

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =6&t=12000

We saw in the above thread that reckoning from the Chandra-Lagna you can identify the past life curses and blessings, the karmic-backlog and destiny carried forward.

Now we try to figure out when human-beings face an excellent or miserable period of their life……..what curse or blessings are responsible for those. And this is to be figured from the Moola Dasa

--Moola Dasa at any time shows the Karmik root cause for the material occurrences in this life....

--for example so if you are having a great time( material success) in your career because of an exalted 10th Lords Dasa.......the Moola Dasa running at that point will be the answer to the underlying Karmik cause and past life deeds ( blessings and positive karma in this case) that are giving you the great career success.

--and this naturally leads us to the D60 ( shashtyamsa) to identify the planets that denote curses and blessings carried forward.

--the material occurrences in life are governed by the Karmik deeds from the past lives. So in terms of relationships Vimsottari Dasa ( material world indicators) is to Moola Dasa ( Karmik world indicators) what D1 chart ( material significations in this life) is to D60 ( Karmik significations accumulated from past lives)

--lets look at an exaggerated example purely to exemplify the point…… if Moon is afflicted( say in debility) in D60 implies a severe mother’s curse…which the native has to pretty much bear the consequences of throughout his life.

But suppose Moon rules the 9th house in Rasi and native is running the Moola Dasa of Moon…… would imply the phase of life where the curse is literally sitting on his head…and he has to pay the maximum price during the Moon Moola Dasa period of this curse and the Karmik deeds that led to this curse.

Since 9th rules the Dharma ( in the sense of responsibilities, moral values) ….
in this example native might find a mountain of responsibilities fall on his head during this Moola Dasa….for example father dies, he has forced to accept a low paying job immediately because has to fullfill the responsibilities of getting his sister married, treatment of a sick mother…gets a job abroad but cannot accept it because of responsibilities….he cannot get away from home.
The native will find in this period his hands are tied…he is a slave of and cannot run away from his destiny in this period.

--The above is an exaggerated and example to highlight the point of this thread…nevertheless many of us feel choked/ helpless/ servant of destiny at some points on this life when free-will seems trivial or non-existent………look at the Moola Dasa running that point in your life.
And look at the placement of Moola Dasa Lord in Shashthyamsa ( D60) and also the Amsa that he is sitting in. You might find the answers !
In reality most periods might be mixed.

--And one additional but important aspect relating to Moola Dasa….the Moola Dasa of the AtmaKarak is the most intense period of self introspection…tough period of self evolution……..a raging period of fire out of which the soul can emerge either burnt and destroyed…or re-shaped like shining gold.
Tough period this……but I believe free-will is high in this period….. choices to make and which path to take are multiple. Decisions, Actions and choices made during this period shapes the destiny during the rest of the life and more importantly in future life.

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

tania

Re: Moola Dasa: Indicator of Karmik Root Causes

Post by tania » 11 Mar 2012

Dear Shilpa,
thank you for the informative article! I am amazed how much information we can get from Moola Dasa! I checked Moola Dasa for the period when my parents died - it was Moola Dasa of Venus. Venus is badly afflicted in D-60 by both Rahu and Ketu and in D-1 it rules 4th and 9th houses ( mother and father )! Also I checked Moola Dasa for the period when my son had health problems - it was Moola Dasa of Sun with subperiod of Venus. Venus in his D-60 is afflicted by Rahu and Ketu ( like in my chart ) and in Rasi it is in 6th house.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 11 Mar 2012

tania wrote:Dear Shilpa,
thank you for the informative article! I am amazed how much information we can get from Moola Dasa! I checked Moola Dasa for the period when my parents died - it was Moola Dasa of Venus. Venus is badly afflicted in D-60 by both Rahu and Ketu and in D-1 it rules 4th and 9th houses ( mother and father )! Also I checked Moola Dasa for the period when my son had health problems - it was Moola Dasa of Sun with subperiod of Venus. Venus in his D-60 is afflicted by Rahu and Ketu ( like in my chart ) and in Rasi it is in 6th house.
I am glad you found it useful and are able to validate it also.
For several months I ave been reviewing many charts and found a very strong correlation between bad periods in ones life to the Moola Dasa of the afflicted planets in D60.

and also the Moola Dasa of AK ( in Rasi) has been quite consistent.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 12 Mar 2012

look at Mohd. Azharuddin's chart 9th Feb, 1963, Hyderabad..10:25pm

he is running shani Mooladasa when he lost his son in a bike accident.

shani is badly afflcited in D60 throuhg a 1-6 exchange of houses( reckoned from chandra Lagna) with bitter enemy moon......curse of servants/ subordinates and mother/ maternal maid servants......sitting on his head during this Dasa.

and look at where shani is the Rasi chart.....in his own house in the 5th house that rules children :shock:

Caliber
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Caliber » 12 Mar 2012

Thank you Shilpaji for the very informative Article.

In my case VE is in CA Lagna in D60. My mother died of Cancer on Jan 22, 1983 (around 42 yrs old) during ME-SA Moola dasa and ME is sitting in his own House (9H) and SA, the Lagna lord in 12H. Can we take this as the reason for my Mother's death?

11.11.1964 - 17.20 hrs, Guntur, Male.
God bless you.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 12 Mar 2012

Caliber wrote:Thank you Shilpaji for the very informative Article.

In my case VE is in CA Lagna in D60. My mother died of Cancer on Jan 22, 1983 (around 42 yrs old) during ME-SA Moola dasa and ME is sitting in his own House (9H) and SA, the Lagna lord in 12H. Can we take this as the reason for my Mother's death?

11.11.1964 - 17.20 hrs, Guntur, Male.
dear Caliber,

I don;t think so.

I believe the afflictions/ curses are shown by Mars and Venus in the D60 and will hit you life in early to mid 1990s......and the area affected will be romance, conjugal bliss marriage/ relationships.

regards

Abhisheik
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Abhisheik » 13 Mar 2012

Shilpa Ji,

Can D-60 chart be used to decipher which charitable cause would be fulfilling for a person. I am NOT asking this as a remedy, but more on the lines of where one can make a difference.As in be totally engrossed during the time they spare from the daily routine.

I ask this as I am toying with 3 ideas.
1. Pro Bono legal support for the elderly
2.Teaching Underprivileged kids.
3. Child Malnutrition.

For point no 3 I can make monetary donation, however point No. 1 and 2 require time.
I can do only one of them alongside my job, without stretching myself too thin. Really conflicted as both are dear to me.

Your advice would be helpful

My D.O.B 12 May 1979
T.O.B 22:02
P.O.B Delhi,India.

Thanks and Regards
Abhisheik

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 13 Mar 2012

Abhisheik wrote:Shilpa Ji,

Can D-60 chart be used to decipher which charitable cause would be fulfilling for a person. I am NOT asking this as a remedy, but more on the lines of where one can make a difference.As in be totally engrossed during the time they spare from the daily routine.

I ask this as I am toying with 3 ideas.
2.Teaching Underprivileged kids.
3. Child Malnutrition.

For point no 3 I can make monetary donation, however point No. 1 and 2 require time.
I can do only one of them alongside my job, without stretching myself too thin. Really conflicted as both are dear to me.

Your advice would be helpful

My D.O.B 12 May 1979
T.O.B 22:02
P.O.B Delhi,India.

Thanks and Regards
Abhisheik

dear abhisiek,
--afflictions are Moon lagna itself...in the house if enemy Me but in a benefic Praveen amas...so mild affliction, mild maternal curses

--shani afflicted in the 3rd house of social service.... courgae, brotehrly realtionships.... not a very heavy curse of the poor/ downtrodden/ servansts that you did not do enouhg for inspite of being in a position to do so.

---and the remedy will be social service towards the weak, poor, ill, homeless / destitutes ( ruled by shani)

--you are running shani Moola dasa...so the affect of the curse is more pronouned during this dasa.

and the remedy would be to serve the poor/ downtrodden/ homeless with more than just money...some personal time is also required.

regards

Abhisheik
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply Shilpa ji,
however it seems I was not able to convey my query properly.

I said am not looking for remedy perse but out of option 1 or 2 which one would be fruitful and satisfying in terms of charity if one analyses it through D-60..
they were

Either

Or
2.Teaching Underprivileged kids

Given my job constraints, I can give time to only one of them and can not make up my mind as to which one.
So advice would be helpful.
as an aside what is a not very heavy curse? As in severe or manageable?

Regards
Abhisheik

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Abhisheik wrote:Thanks for the reply Shilpa ji,
however it seems I was not able to convey my query properly.

I said am not looking for remedy perse but out of option 1 or 2 which one would be fruitful and satisfying in terms of charity if one analyses it through D-60..
they were

Either

Or
2.Teaching Underprivileged kids

Given my job constraints, I can give time to only one of them and can not make up my mind as to which one.
So advice would be helpful.
as an aside what is a not very heavy curse? As in severe or manageable?

Regards
Abhisheik
dear abhiseik,
i understood your question...but neither of the 3 options fit the type of work you are required to do to offset your karmik debts.
so I will advise what will help.

the curse in yuor chart is in the manageable catetegory in my view.
regards

lakshmi01
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakshmi01 » 13 Mar 2012

Hello Shilpa garu,
If you don't mind please look into my chart and tell me the the karmic root cause.I lost my father at the age of 15 years and had more tensions (not financially but mentally).

details
4th Nov 1967.
time 21.30 hrs
Vijayawada, Andhrapradesh ,India

regards
Lakshmi.

Abhisheik
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot Shilpa ji.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

lakshmi01 wrote:Hello Shilpa garu,
If you don't mind please look into my chart and tell me the the karmic root cause.I lost my father at the age of 15 years and had more tensions (not financially but mentally).

details
4th Nov 1967.
time 21.30 hrs
Vijayawada, Andhrapradesh ,India

regards
Lakshmi.
--you ran the moola MD of sun at the time of death of your father,

-- and sun is debilitated in D60 in the fourth house from Moon indicating heavy curses from father/ and paternal figures......and curse sat right on your head in the Moola Dasa of sun

--that was followed by the moola dasa of Rahu the AK....until 1990 was a period of intense self introspection for the soul, a difficult period of evolution of thr self and the soul.

regards

lakshmi01
Contributor
Contributor

Post by lakshmi01 » 14 Mar 2012

Thank you Shilpa garu for analysing my moola dasha. I was more attached to my father and suffered mentally a lot due to my father's death .

regards
Lakshmi.

Sunds
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Sunds » 18 Mar 2012

Shipaji,
I have been trying to understand Moola Dasa but cannot make head or tail of it....I will be obliged if you can analyse my Moola Dasa chart....
DOB...6.. September..1968
Time....3.40 AM
place.... Chennai.
Regards,
Sunder.
Birth Details: 06/Sept./1968, 3.40 AM, Chennai...
I believe it because I hope for it...- Leon Blum.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 18 Mar 2012

Sunds wrote:Shipaji,
I have been trying to understand Moola Dasa but cannot make head or tail of it....I will be obliged if you can analyse my Moola Dasa chart....
Time....3.40 AM
place.... Chennai.
Regards,
Sunder.
Dear Sunds,

--Venus is moderatly afflicted in the D60 chart in the 3rd house from chandra lagna...implying moderate curses from spouse....that Venus is in a benfic amasa implies the sould has learnt the lessons from mistakes...will pay the price in this life

---you are running the Moola MD of Venus from 2003 thru 2023....and Venus is ruling the 4th house of home happiness/ family in your Rasi chart.
The happiness / stability at home/ family matters must have been stressfull, nearing a breakage point.

---the other stressful period will be the shani Moola Dasa when it comes.....because shani is the other planet that is afflicted in the D60 indicated Karmik baggage.

--AK Mars's Moola Dasa comes late in life and will be a period of self realization

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 19 Mar 2012

Sunds wrote:Shipaji,
Time....3.40 AM
place.... Chennai.
Regards,
Sunder.

--Your D60 chart shows mars debilitated in the 5th house...and that is the severest curse.
It could be curse of progeny who were treated irerspnsibly / even violently in the past lives.

Or it might be even the curse of gods for being disrespectfult in religious matters.

--and the curse sat right on it;s head between oct 1994-1995Oct......when you ran the Moola Dasa of Mars.
That may not have been a great period for you.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 20 Mar 2012

Dear Shilpaji-

My Shastiyamsa gives a tapasvi yoga with a debilitated venus.3-9 axis is heavily afflicted owing to moon -saturn aspect and moon-venus aspect.First question is what do i make of this combination and curses/remedies if any?

I am currently running the Moola dasha of Jupiter and thru Jupiter venus period of moola dasha my career stability was lost (also seen in my rasi thru my D1 when Venus-Moon period started in April 2010).I think my second house significations are gone and yet to return.Will this improve during my current Venus-Mars period after Jupiter moves to Taurus in transit and 10th lord exaltation in transit?

Details DOB 25th July 1969,TOB-1.05 hrs(early morning) Longitude 77 deg 44 min E, Latitude 8 deg 43 min N

Thanks,
aganapa2

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 23 Mar 2012

Dear Shilpaji- Do you have any feedback on my query please?

Thanks,
aganapa2

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 23 Mar 2012

aganapa2 wrote:Dear Shilpaji-

My Shastiyamsa gives a tapasvi yoga with a debilitated venus.3-9 axis is heavily afflicted owing to moon -saturn aspect and moon-venus aspect.First question is what do i make of this combination and curses/remedies if any?

I am currently running the Moola dasha of Jupiter and thru Jupiter venus period of moola dasha my career stability was lost (also seen in my rasi thru my D1 when Venus-Moon period started in April 2010).I think my second house significations are gone and yet to return.Will this improve during my current Venus-Mars period after Jupiter moves to Taurus in transit and 10th lord exaltation in transit?

Details DOB 25th July 1969,TOB-1.05 hrs(early morning) Longitude 77 deg 44 min E, Latitude 8 deg 43 min N

Thanks,
aganapa2

--Ve is not debilitated but only somewhat afflicted in the house of Leo.....and shani is also somewhat afflicted.

--Mars is debilitaed in the 5th hosue from Moon.....indicating significant curse of children / bad ehaviour with children or disrespect to religion/ religious ceremonies.

--so Mo ola dasa of Mars is the one you should watch out forJul 2024 to Jul 2026 will be the period when this curse will be sitting on your head and it will be karmik payback time.......and since mars rules the first and 8th house, health will probably be the area that will hurt then.

--the period Mar2010 to nov 2011, was bad due to the debilitated Moon AD per the vimsottari dasa.

regards

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 24 Mar 2012

Thanks for your time on this Shilpaji.

roy_debraj1
Contributor
Contributor

Post by roy_debraj1 » 25 Mar 2012

Hi Shilpa Ji,

I have AK Merc afflicted by nodes in D60..what kind of curse is present my chart and what will be the outcome.

DOB: 02.12.1982
Time: 17:20
Place: Asansol, west Bengal (86 E 59 & 23 N 41)

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Debraj.
<a href="https://blog.astrologylover.com">astrology</a>

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 25 Mar 2012

roy_debraj1 wrote:Hi Shilpa Ji,

I have AK Merc afflicted by nodes in D60..what kind of curse is present my chart and what will be the outcome.

DOB: 02.12.1982
Time: 17:20
Place: Asansol, west Bengal (86 E 59 & 23 N 41)

Waiting for your response.

Thanks,
Debraj.
dear debraj,
--AK is Me and the Moola Dasa of Me came fairly early in life......age 0 to 7...may have been testing time growing up finding identity.....but your soul knew it's goal...because Me is exalted in D60...indicating strong positive Karma.

--Karma denoting courgae, valour in social cause as a mentor/ leader for people or extensive support to siblings. I don;t see Me afflcited by nodes in D60.

--affliction is Venus marraiage-karak debilitated and Jup debilutated in the 7th house .....indicating heavy karmik curses from wife/ spousal mistreatment...not following marital dharma/ moralities in past lives. Maybe msitratement of a Barhmin woman

--you may be running a tough period since 2001 when the curse indicated by debilitated Jup in the D60 is sitting right on your head in the Moola Dasa of Jup 2001-2016...not a period of great realtionship in marriage this...if you are married?

regards

ranjan.75
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ranjan.75 » 25 Mar 2012

Hi Shilpa Ji,
Namaskar !

I am running of Mool dasha of Rahu from september'2004 to Sept'19 & Vimshottri Dasha Jupiter from September'2011 , If I am checked my D-60 Chart D-60 lagnesh Saturn(6th house) afflicted by Rahu & Ketu from 12th house. My Father died on 26th July'2011 & I have some Health Related problems Last 3-4 month (Pain in Chest & back). Shilpaji, Kindly analysis my mool dasha & tell me my karmic root cause for birth.

Regard / Ranjan 16-09-1975 , 02.14.30 AM, Devprayag, Uttrakhand (78E36, 30N15)