Jupiter Mahadasha

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vidhi17
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Jupiter Mahadasha

Post by vidhi17 » 03 Aug 2014

Hi Sandhaviji,

My jupiter dasha is starting in 15 days. I am a cancer ascendant with jupiter in 8th house. Some say its a VIparita Raja Yoga and will give good results but some say 9th lord in 8th house will be bad.. WHat can i expect from this mahadasha..Rahu Mahadasha was bad, and these last days before start of jupiter mahadasha have been really turbulent..Does this mean the upcoming mahadasha is not going to give good results??

rocky44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rocky44 » 03 Aug 2014

One prominent astrologer told me that I have Shukra Dosha and also that in D-60 chart, Ketu is in Libra sign so thats not good for marriage. He told me that he sees some disturbances in my married life. He didn't tell much in detail nor any remedy. Can you see anything wrong with my married life? Also if such is the case, then what remedy should I do to have a harmonious married life? Thank you.

Anandham
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anandham » 04 Aug 2014

Saindhavi ji, thank you for your reply. Generally what are the effects of Guru's exalted transit in the 8th house as lagna lord and 4th lord? Antardasha also happens to be of the 8th lord. Guru is also 8th lord from exalted natal moon, rashi sign.

As well, exalted Shanidev aspects Guru with 10th aspect. Guru is natally placed in 3rd house, so from it's exalted transit in the 8th house, Guru also casts 7th aspect upon its natal position.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 04 Aug 2014

Vidhi and Anandham,

Without seeing your charts it's difficult to say this.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sg07 » 05 Aug 2014

Hi,
Just wanted to write my experience in Rahu MD.I'm an Aries lagna and I have Rahu in 9th with Jupiter which is lord of 9th and 12th house.I always dreamt of going abroad since I was a child ..always wanted to experience different places and culture.I learnt foreign language in my Rahu MD and worked at airport also so yes it makes some sense with rahu and foreign relations.My chances to go abroad didn't materialise a lot of times and I could only go in rahu-ketu and surprisingly went twice within a span of 6 months.But both the occasions I was undergoing a lot of mental stress and trip abroad was not very happy either.But I never changed residence during my Rahu MD.Change of residence only happened in rahu-Moon after I got married and ironically have been changing residence then.I've moved 11 houses since 2002.
I left my airport job 3 years before my Rahu MD finished.Afterwards I got chances a lot of time but couldn't go...and I could only go in Jupiter-Saturn in dec 2004 and I'm outside India since then.I went back to India for 6 months in 2011(with the intention of settling) but came back to a different country in the end of 2011.I'm in Jupiter-Moon right now and would be starting Jupiter-Mars in Dec 2014....planning to go back to India in Feb'2015 and don't know whether I'll settle there or move again.
rgds
SG

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 05 Aug 2014

sg07, thanks for the detailed feedback about Rahu dasha.

Your career lord Saturn is placed in such a way that you will keep on moving places. Also Venus the 7th house lord is in 4th house. It is strongly placed. Even it brings changes in residences. Also its aspect on Moon too.

Jupiter-Saturn finally , you got that chance to go abroad. what keeps you to coming back to India or trying is the placement of moon in 10th house.

I have seen n number of charts , where alone the strong placement of 9th house lord uplifts the entire chart. Especially when the 9th house lord is in lagna or in 10th house or aspecting the lagna.

Your Lagna lord Mars and 5th house lord Sun is placed poorly . Only the powerful house of 9th house has helped you stay stable.

Jupiter has been a savior for your chart .

Health problems are due to conglomeration of planets in 6th house.

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karthik1984,
Thanks for analysing the horoscope but I don't understand the significance of my career lord in my Jupiter MD.I've always been very ambitious but unfortunately I couldn't work once I had my first child in 2003...so no matter how much I tried ,I couldn't work in my Jupiter MD which makes me very disappointed and dissatisfied.I got the job in July 2011 after sitting at home for 8 years and again I had to leave it after a month and half because my husband had to move to UK...ironically my Jupiter MD had been bad both for my health and career but good for child birth and staying abroad.
I'm starting Jup-Mars in Dec..is it going to be worse for my health?
Are there any prospects for settling in a foreign country after Feb 2015 or I'll settle in India?
rgds
SG

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

sgo7, in my opinion Jupiter saved you.

In the chart 6th house is damaged to a large extent. 6th house is the house of diseases.Both sun and mercury are in planetary war and both mars the lagna lord and mercury are combust.

Jupiter is a benefic planet.

If Jupiter wasn't strong , then your 6th house would have made you non existent. This is the truth.

Your career lord Saturn suggests foreign work , but moon in 10th house suggests work in your home country. This is a contradiction in your chart. So, things might not have helped you in this regard.

Your first child is a baby girl ???

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karthik,
Thanks for the reply.Yes my first child is a girl and I had gone through a lot of health and other problems before and after her birth(she was born through c-section).On the contrary,my second child a boy ,though a c-section but I didn't face any issues before or after his birth.
I 'm just curious that if my Jupiter MD is so bad health wise even if my Jupiter is my saviour..then what will happen in my Saturn MD in 2018...I would be starting my Sade Sati around same time also...
SG

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

sg07, Saturn MD will definitely give you good work culture. You know 5th house lord is poorly placed. Sun is closely conjunct with Mercury.

Second child baby boy is due to the grace of Jupiter's aspect on 5th house.

You faced bad times in antar dashas of the planets that are placed in 6th house.

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karthik,
Thanks for the analysis...I agree with you ..one of my surgery other than c-sections (fibrodenema in breast)happened in Rahu-Mars(5th house)and the other one in Jupiter-Sun(5th lord)....I'm a little anxious for my Jupiter-Mars now :( .
rgds
SG

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

sgo7, even mars is placed poorly. It is at 29 degress in 5th house , but shifts to 6th house in bhava chart.

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 05 Aug 2014

Karthik,

You have made a very good reading of sg07's chart. I agree with everything that you have said.

I just want to add this - if you have J-Hora, set the Rahu-Ketu at "True Nodes" in preferences. It brings Rahu-Ketu at 0 degree in 4-10 axis, conjunct with Venus-Moon.

If we consider true nodes, then Rahu at 0 degree in 10th house, eventhough in a friend's sign, will create problems for her career. Apart from 6th house problems that you have detailed, Ketu at 0 degree in 4th may also give health problems. Further, this Ketu should take her abroad as she said she went in Rahu-Ketu.

If we bring Rahu-Ketu in 4-10, then an unafflicted Jupiter in 9th will give her the results that you have described.

With Mean Nodes which are usually used in other softwares, Rahu-Ketu will be in 3-9 as she has described. However, they will be in Sandhi at 29 degrees and hence, troublesome.

The question is - should we use True Nodes or Mean Nodes as is usually used?

The point is that either way, Rahu-Ketu are in Sandhi, transiting from 4-10 to 3-9 axis.

sg07,

How is your intuition power?
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 05 Aug 2014

karthik1984 wrote: I have seen n number of charts , where alone the strong placement of 9th house lord uplifts the entire chart. Especially when the 9th house lord is in lagna or in 10th house or aspecting the lagna.
Kartick..how do you see the calamity in my chart then? Jupiter in lagna..lord of 9th house?

NK
मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Karthik,
Thanks for the analysis...I think I'll have to be careful in my Jupiter-Mars then.

Dear Saindhavi,
Thanks for your post.My intution power is pretty good but not conventionally.If I'm about to get a news ..I'll feel uneasy and lost for some days before I actually get the news. But it's usually for the events which have already happened.So its not very reliable as I can't feel if its good/bad or what kind of news...
But my nimitta are very strong with the body parts especially my eyes.If my right eye flutters then I'll have tears in my eyes for whatsoever reasons....but if I'm doing something and then my right eye flutters then I'll have problems in that work...e.g. if I'm cooking and my right flutters then there will be problem in the food and I had once one guest coming over and after my right eye fluttered and he called us to say that he won't be able to come.It is such a sure shot nimitta that.. last week I was making myself a cup of tea and my right eye fluttered...and few seconds later I put the milk and it curdled..so it went in sink.If one of my children is in my lap and my right flutters then either they will fall sick,get hurt or I'll have some kind of tensions related to that particular child.
The other body part is sole of my foot.If I'm about to start a journey or one night before a long journey and my right sole itches then 100% I'll have problems during my journey even if its just a small shopping trip.
I used to have very clear dreams and I used to remember these also but for the past few days..the moment I wake up I forget my dreams...which is very strange for me.
rgds
SG

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 06 Aug 2014

Saindhavi wrote:Karthik,

You have made a very good reading of sg07's chart. I agree with everything that you have said.

I just want to add this - if you have J-Hora, set the Rahu-Ketu at "True Nodes" in preferences. It brings Rahu-Ketu at 0 degree in 4-10 axis, conjunct with Venus-Moon.

If we consider true nodes, then Rahu at 0 degree in 10th house, eventhough in a friend's sign, will create problems for her career. Apart from 6th house problems that you have detailed, Ketu at 0 degree in 4th may also give health problems. Further, this Ketu should take her abroad as she said she went in Rahu-Ketu.

If we bring Rahu-Ketu in 4-10, then an unafflicted Jupiter in 9th will give her the results that you have described.

With Mean Nodes which are usually used in other softwares, Rahu-Ketu will be in 3-9 as she has described. However, they will be in Sandhi at 29 degrees and hence, troublesome.

The question is - should we use True Nodes or Mean Nodes as is usually used?

The point is that either way, Rahu-Ketu are in Sandhi, transiting from 4-10 to 3-9 axis.

Saindhavi Ji, First of all thanks for your appreciation :) . i am a firm believer of Bhava chart. Though i do not neglect Rasi Chart. Rahu has moved to 10th house in Bhava Chart ...So in a way your analysis matches with that of Bhava chart.

Rahu-Moon in the 10th house is a cause of difficulty in Job.

Yes, Jupiter is pure and unafflicted . It has lifted the native"s condition by manifold. Otherwise planets in 6th house would have brought her down.

Saindhavi Ji, i use mean nodes for Rahu-Ketu. I have been using this setting for a long time.

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 06 Aug 2014

neelkumar wrote: Kartick..how do you see the calamity in my chart then? Jupiter in lagna..lord of 9th house?

NK
Neel, Jupiter is not your 9th house lord. Your 9th House lord Venus is badly placed in 6th house.

Jupiter in Lagna will be better but not great. The presence of 9th lord in lagna is something simply superb.

missile
Contributor
Contributor

Post by missile » 06 Aug 2014

Dear Karthik, Saindhavi, One general question, can we enter the birth date like xx/yy/1776 in JHORA?. Will it support these dates? i am concerned about the year here like will it support 17th century..? why because i know the birth date and also know the hindu year (samvatsara) but JHORA gives different hindu calender year.

Regards

Kunal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kunal » 06 Aug 2014

missile wrote:Dear Karthik, Saindhavi, One general question, can we enter the birth date like xx/yy/1776 in JHORA?. Will it support these dates? i am concerned about the year here like will it support 17th century..? why because i know the birth date and also know the hindu year (samvatsara) but JHORA gives different hindu calender year.

Regards
Try the full installation download of Jagannatha Hora. The descrition next to the download link reads as follows
Fresh and full installation of Jagannatha Hora. It contains accurate ephemeris for 3000 BC-3000 AD and uses an extrapolation for 5400 BC-5400 AD. It has a larger atlas with 2.5 million cities.

Kunal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kunal » 06 Aug 2014

Thank you very much for sharing your insights and experiences Ami ji and Saindhavi ji

I have something to add and some doubts in my mind.

While I agree with what Ami ji wrote about Rahu in Lagna, wouldn't Saturn in Lagna be in Marana karaka sthana? If yes then under what conditions would it be possible for it to yield good effects? (Like exaltation or own sign?)

Also I didn't understand the
"9th house is south east dir whereas 11th / 12th would be north east"

Please correct me if I'm wrong with the following
Lagna - East
4H - North
7H - West
10H - South
Is there something more to it?

Saindhavi ji
It's surprising that I even I travelled sometime in Rahu-Saturn dasa to Delhi because of reasons related to my father's business. Basiclly, we suffered losses in business here and I'd to shift with my family there as a relative was ready to help us set up new business. However, it was a deception and rather we lost most of our savings and residence and had to return soon.
I lost a year in education.

Maybe a coincidence that Rahu Saturn took us to Delhi due to work reasons of father (positively or negatively) and affected education (again positively or negatively). Or is it common feature of Rahu Saturn dasa to get people traveling?

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 06 Aug 2014

No, Saturn rules West, so travelling westwards in Rahu-Saturn makes sense in my case.

In Jupiter-Saturn I went to a Western country. Let's hope Saturn-Saturn brings permanent residence in a Western country by the same logic. :)

But you travelled northwards from Bombay - of course that was decided by your parents, so you have to see which Dasha they were running, especially your father.

What I find striking is that so many of us didn't travel anywhere during most parts of Rahu Mahadasha and looking back, I feel it was a time wasted away, though at that time it didn't look like that. Rahu created an illusion of purposeful life, when it was a wasteful life.

I have begun to associate Delhi with Rahu - it seems a lot of people running Rahu Mahadasha end up in Delhi and waste their lives. :wink:
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 06 Aug 2014

Karthik,

Yes I too was using mean nods and all other softwares also use mean nodes. Recently I checked some charts with true nodes and saw Rahu-Ketu shifting axis. I think true nodes take into account the Bhava chart as well.

Perhaps in cases where Rahu-Ketu are in transition phase, we can ask the native questions to ascertain whether Mean nodes will work or true nodes will work.

Like in sg07's case, she confirms a good intuition power, which is possible if Moon is caught in Rahu-Ketu axis. However, Rahu-Ketu in Sandhi makes her intuition good only for past events and not for future.

Sg07,

Please read above.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

sg07
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sg07 » 07 Aug 2014

Dear Saindhavi and Karthik,
Thanks for your post..actually when Karthik mentioned the Rahu-Ketu axis in 10th and 4th house..I didn't quite understand it.I just read the post again and looked info about Ketu in 4th and to my surprise..it just matches with my life.It says that if Ketu is in 4th then mother suffers and struggles a lot and I had a working mother and very sick father(depression) so yes...it is absolutely correct.People having Ketu in 4th love to be outside and don't enjoy being at home..which is true as well.
Rahu and Moon in 10th shows the same problems for mother so it makes more sense to my life..but the only things is that my dad was extremely sick throughout my Rahu MD and got better only when my Jupiter MD started(matches with Rahu in 9th)..so there's a bit of confusion here.But still both of you have seen something in my chart which nobody mentioned till now and it correlates to what I've been through in my life.
rgds
SG

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 07 Aug 2014

sg07,

For your father's illness, his chart is also important. Besides, in the North Indian branch of Jyotish, 10th house is father's house, in addition to being the house of status, career and job etc. But more important than that, other things point towards Rahu-Ketu being on the 4-10 side of the Sandhi zone.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

ami
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ami » 07 Aug 2014

regarding direction i have found following based on sign, planets and houses
DIRECTIONS: PLANETS
Sun: East
Moon: North-west
Mars: South
Mercury: North
Jupiter: North-east