Rahu Mahadasha - Experience and how remedies are helping me

For discussion on the dashas (predictive systems): vimshottari, yogini, or other conditional dashas like shodashottari, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
explorings
Donor
Donor
Re: Rahu Mahadasha - Experience and how remedies are helping

Post by explorings » 12 Nov 2011

Saindhavi wrote:Hi Explorings,

Here is Ramananji's hymn for obtaining offsprings -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 318#p96318

Thanks Saindhaviji. Praying to Santana Lakshmi always helps :)

explorings
Donor
Donor

fluid2finance wrote:Also I must say that both of you have an impressive knowledge of Upaayas 8)

and I have noted down your suggestions. I am very grateful for the time you have put in this and I do hope my Jupiter MD gives me benefits which I am inclined to doubt at this stage given that Jupiter rules 12th (mooltrikona) from Lagna and 8th(mooltrikona) from moon....hence it might give meddling results even though placed well in 9th it is also in an enmical sign of mercury even though in moon's navamsha and moon's nakshatra with moon exalted....being sandwiched between saturn and mercury (2 functional benefics for my lagna) can though transfer their properties into it and actually transfer its 12th properties into mercury...which might be one issue with Mercury AD right now....
1. Saturn periods are tough... but I like Saturn period, it controls Rahu's haywire nature and compels the native to concentrate/focus and gives a structure to life. Saturn is a hard taskmaster and will make you work hard. So, mental frustrations, anxieties, and restlessness are pretty common.

2. Your Mars is debilitated and you should not worry about it... you have aptly pointed out the benefits. You may see similar effects in Ra-Mars dasha. 7th house also scores a good SAV, which is also one of the reasons why Mars has not created havoc in your relationships some tiff may be due to transits.

3. Ra-Mer are usually good transit and if Mercury is well-placed gives Raj-yoga... My mercury was undergiong transitory afflictions and is also involved in rasi lord parivartan with inimical mars in navamsa and is a conjoint planet in lagna chart placed in a house involved in parivartan - dainya yog. Mercury ideally speaking should not give me any problems... 1.5 yrs of Ra-Mer were good but then I started feeling strains only in 2011 and I suddenly lost most of my earnings in mid-2011. My Ra-Mer will end in Mar 2012 and I won't be surprised if I am left penniless.

4. You are right, Ra-Ju, Ra-Mer, and Ra-Venus are usually good periods if AD planets are well-placed and have no afflictions.

5. Only recently I realized the power of 12th house in my chart. Pretty much my life has been controlled by 12th house and planets placed in it. For most of my life I will be going through dashas of planets placed in my 12th house (Mars, Rahu, and Jupiter). My 12th has a Parivartan with 4th house (mother and residence; Sun and Mercury) and so has also kept me on a move in matters of residing in a particular place for long. My Mars is involved in Vipreet Raj Yoga and I enjoyed my Mars period with occasional worries mainly during Shani and Ketu AD. Rest of Mars was great. I have written it somewhere in this thread, I do not trust my Jupiter much as it is retro and placed in 12th house, however Saindhaviji has occasionally pointed out the powers of Jupiter and how it has helped me. Recently, I have started believing that Jupiter is my only saving grace.... had it not been in 12th house, by now all 12th house MDs would have butchered me.

6. KSY: please refer to B.V.Raman's notes on KSY and its effects if Sun/Moon are the only planets not in the grip of Ra-Ke. It is not detrimental as some of the astrologers make you believe but its effects are felt during Ra/Ke dasha or bhukti

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 12 Nov 2011

Explorings,

I think it's because of Jupiter who gave you the fastest PhD despite Rahu Mahadasha.

About Kala Sarpa Dosha, I know a couple of people who have this Dosha. It has been mentioned that Nehru had it too. The people I know are in good position financially. One has excelled in academic career too, while another woman is married to a well-placed man and is enjoying comforts because of marriage. About Nehru, we all know.

But, the man had to go for an unwanted arranged marriage with a woman with whom he doesn't have any mental wavelength. He has Rahu-Ketu in 2-7 axis (Sagittarius ascendant, Ketu in 2nd house, Capricorn).

The woman too had an arranged marriage but later discovered there is no mental compatibility. She has Rahu-Ketu in 1-7 axis (Aries Ascendant, Rahu in 7th house, Libra). Same is the case with Nehru, whose wife also died early.

Nehru had Rahu-Ketu in 6-12 axis, Cancer Ascendant, Rahu in Gemini, Ketu in Sagittarius in 6th - 14th Nov 1889, Allahabad, 11.36pm.

So, it seems Kala Sarpa Dosha doesn't affect all areas of life. It affects only one area, depending upon the place where Rahu Katu are placed.

It's true that this Yoga hasn't been mentioned in ancient texts. But it's quite possible that it was not discovered at that time and has been noticed only in recent times. There is a need to research on this Yoga more especially because it's a recent discovery.

Last edited by Saindhavi on 12 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

1 http://www.vignanam.org/

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

explorings
Donor
Donor

fluid2finance wrote:Hi Explorings,

I analyze a planet not just from Lagna but from Moon, Sun, Lagna Lord, Arudha Lagna, Atmakaraka Lagna
likewise you shud see rahu and others not just from lagna but all of the above 6 lagnas and try to take a vector sum. Usually a weighted sum is best (weighted by strength of each lagna)
Dear Fluid:

I usually analyze planets from Lagna, Moon and AL. Most of the times I have seen that the lagnas overlap. It does not make huge difference analyzing from all 6 or just 2 or 3 unless one of the lagnas really scoring poorly. But thts just IMO, I will keep it in mind from next time onwards :)

Transits I usually analyze only from lagna and moon.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Saindhavi wrote:Explorings,

I think it's because of Jupiter who gave you the fastest PhD despite Rahu Mahadasha.

Yeah, you are absolutely right, I am slowly understanding the power of Jupiter 8)
Saindhavi wrote:

So, it seems Kala Sarpa Dosha doesn't affect all areas of life. It affects only one area, depending upon the place where Rahu Katu are placed.

It's true that this Yoga hasn't been mentioned in ancient texts. But it's quite possible that it was not discovered at that time and has been noticed only in recent times. There is a need to research on this Yoga more especially because it's a recent discovery.

Ramanji has clearly explained that all nine planets should be within the grip of Ra-Ke and has also explained "Almost KSY" where only luminaries (Sun/Moon) are out of the grip. Shockingly, I recently came to know few of the astrologers are also extending this rule to planets other than Sun/Moon :shock:

I completely agree with you that KSY will not affect all areas of life but only one area, depending on Ra-Ke placement.There is also a confusion if it is a dosha or a yoga! 8)

However, I still feel just like VRY is activated only during the dasha/bhukti of the planets involved in VRY, similarly, KSY is activated during Ra/Ke dasha or bhukti otherwise it is pretty much dormant! As you pointed out, research on this yoga is necessary.

KSY recently has become a money-making business and Paulji has written some wonderful articles explaining about its tragedy (http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 012507.htm) and misconceptions (http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/da ... 121905.htm)

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 12 Nov 2011

In fact, Rahu and Ketu's nodes were themselves fixed only in 4th century CE. Since then, not much research has been done on them. That's why their qualities are not well understood. Even there is a controversy about their exaltation signs and aspect houses. Kalsarp Yoga/Dosha is also a part of this. That's why, research is needed to observe their behaviour patterns and the nature of Kalsarp Dosha.

The links are quite interesting to read. It's true that many astrologers make this into a lucrative business. But that's true for all aspects of astrology. There is no scarcity of astrologers who generally make profit by giving wrong reading of charts. Gemstones are another aspect which astrologers make into a profitable business. Because of this, many people don't like to go into astrology.

Raoji makes a very interesting point - whether Brahmans are by birth or by action. I strongly feel that one is a Brahman by action and not by birth and all castes have equal access to God's (or the Goddess') blessings, because everyone is a creation of the same Creator. A non-Brahman can be a Brahman by actions and a Brahman can be a non-Brahman by actions.

For Kal Sarp Dosha/Yoga, I feel Mahamrityunjaya Mantra 108 times daily should be a good remedy, rather than going for expensive pujas. If the problem is chronic, Shatarudriya (Rudram) daily should be effective, along with Mahamrityunjaya Mantra 51 or 108 times daily. I have given videos and texts for both in my list of hymns.

This should work also for general placement of Rahu-Ketu in 1-7 or 2-8 axis, without Kal Sarp Yoga.

But some people have to practise it and narrate whether it works.
Havan Manuals -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12791&p=124553#p124488

hymns -

2 http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/phpBB3_0/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11446&start=75#p93038

explorings
Donor
Donor

completely agree MMM usually works wonders to reduce malefic effects of Ra-Ke!

vivekarjaria
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vivekarjaria » 13 Nov 2011

Dear Explorings and saindhavi ji
Thanks a lot to both of you for your detailed analysis.
I hope saindhaviji won’t mind if I ask for another analysis from an expert like you!!
I am into astrology since 16 yrs but don’t see horoscope of mine or family in general.
I am following remedies suggested by saindhaviji. Also follow as suggested by Explorings.
Explorings you said I will get job /line as per my education in near future.
Sir.I was in research and academics (2002-2006), quality control lab (2006) and in marketing of medical devices since 2007 till date. Out of these I am getting good money in marketing though this is not line of my first choice.
10H Jup takes one into teaching. While 3H mer moon in virgo makes career in marketing and business. Also writing was s my hobby earlier (mer exalted in 3rd House)
I am wearing yellow sapphire since 1 yr.
In whole rahu dasa I was perplexed with career and academics. I faced such a hard time that anyone with depression cud have ended his life…thanks to almighty that I gained
knowledge of astrology that I survived from such time specially rahu-ketu rahu-sat prd.
I know sat being in asc.not good for cancer ascendant but it didn’t show bad results in sade saati..
Rahu-mer was significant prd transits were also favorable then…
Recently changed city but don’t find better place to live..do you see in rahu-mars prd I will relocate to city where I dwelt for 8 yrs??mars AD should be yogkarak.
Thanks again both of you
Regards
vivek

vivekarjaria
Contributor
Contributor

saindhaviji
I apologize I mentioned you as Sir :(
I appreciate your analysis and remedies
with due regards
vivek

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 13 Nov 2011

Hi explorings,
I feel your move was influenced by your daughter's Ra MD more than by your Ra AD. The latter may have played an additive effect.

Where is Ra placed in your daughter's chart?
Rahu is placed in her 5th house.

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 13 Nov 2011

vivekarjaria wrote:Dear Explorings and saindhavi ji
Thanks a lot to both of you for your detailed analysis.
I hope saindhaviji won’t mind if I ask for another analysis from an expert like you!!
I am into astrology since 16 yrs but don’t see horoscope of mine or family in general.
I am following remedies suggested by saindhaviji. Also follow as suggested by Explorings.
Explorings you said I will get job /line as per my education in near future.
Sir.I was in research and academics (2002-2006), quality control lab (2006) and in marketing of medical devices since 2007 till date. Out of these I am getting good money in marketing though this is not line of my first choice.
10H Jup takes one into teaching. While 3H mer moon in virgo makes career in marketing and business. Also writing was s my hobby earlier (mer exalted in 3rd House)
I am wearing yellow sapphire since 1 yr.
In whole rahu dasa I was perplexed with career and academics. I faced such a hard time that anyone with depression cud have ended his life…thanks to almighty that I gained
knowledge of astrology that I survived from such time specially rahu-ketu rahu-sat prd.
I know sat being in asc.not good for cancer ascendant but it didn’t show bad results in sade saati..
Rahu-mer was significant prd transits were also favorable then…
Recently changed city but don’t find better place to live..do you see in rahu-mars prd I will relocate to city where I dwelt for 8 yrs??mars AD should be yogkarak.
Thanks again both of you
Regards
vivek
IMO, usually when 5L and 10L are same, academics/teaching is more suited from a career standpoint. You can see how Moon and mer can also support such a noble profession. In any case, your profession will be in alignment with your education and financial goals. 10L in 11th house of financial gains, which is also 2nd to 10th... so house of wealth for career. If getting a good salary is your problem, you need not worry.

vivekarjaria
Contributor
Contributor

thanks again explorings for clarifying my points.
I tried in academics knowing jup mars position..but not great success...
anyways...there are two more living beings who are running rahu MD :D :lol:
my wife:
6th aug1979
11:30am
nowgong MP
my daughter:
21st jan2005
9:05pm
bhopal
daughters education is disturbed since mar2011 ...
rahu in 9th ...5th H from 5th
rahu in star of ketu ...will she also face academic hurdles like me..
about wife i dont comment bcos ghar ki murgi daal barabar :mrgreen:
thanks regards
i request you and saindhavi ji to look both cases of rahu epidemics

Saindhavi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Saindhavi » 13 Nov 2011

Here is another version of Durga Gayatri Mantra, more appropriate as a counter-Rahu solution -

Durga Gayatri Mantra -

This can be recited 108 times by meditating upon or in front of an image of the Mahishasuramardini form of Durga, lighting lemon or ghee diyas, whichever possible -

Om Chaamundaayai vidmahe/Mahaa Bhagavatyai dhimahi/Tanno Durgaa prachodayaat.

Meaning - "Om, I meditate upon Goddess Chaamundaa, the Great Goddess; let that Durga illuminate our path."

Here is a Youtube video of this Durga Gayatri -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwKxu_OKdiE

All puja to Durga should end with the Devi Suktam from Rig Veda. See link -

http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... 100#p93138

Vivek,

I'll see the charts later. Till then Explorings can see them.
Last edited by Saindhavi on 15 Nov 2011, edited 7 times in total.
Havan Manuals -

hymns -

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 13 Nov 2011

Hi explorings,
I feel your move was influenced by your daughter's Ra MD more than by your Ra AD. The latter may have played an additive effect.

Where is Ra placed in your daughter's chart?
Rahu dasha is not over yet.. She still has a few more years to go. Rahu has provided for her materially as it is in 5th house. However, it is with deb. sun & venus. Also, she was born on a full solar eclipse day. So, I worry continuously - how the rest of period is going to be.
Last edited by Hina on 14 Nov 2011, edited 1 time in total.

G.K.Raj
Contributor
Contributor

Post by G.K.Raj » 13 Nov 2011

explorings wrote:
G.K.Raj wrote:Hi.
Here is my sons birth details.
He is running R Md and Ju AD.
How will be his tenure of Rahu dasa?

birth details:

DOB: 09th October 1988
ToB: 2.40 Pm
PoB: Chennai, Tamilnadu

Thanks.

Ra/Ke on 2/8 axis in rashi of Sat/Sun and Nks of Jupiter/Venus. Overall the transit is going to be mixed for the native. I am not exactly sure what you would like to know so I shall give a general overview. Rahu’s dispositor also the LL is placed in 12th house, chances of residence away from the place of birth. Usually, LL should not be placed in dusthana. However, Saturn been a natural malefic planet if placed in dushtana gives good results. Furthermore, LL and 2L of financial gains indicates residence or earnings from a place away from birth. 5&10L Venus in 8th house of adversities. Indicates some trouble in education, progenies, and profession/career. Sun, Moon, and Mercury in 9th house of Dharma, a good placement for Sun and Moon. Mercury is vergottam and is well placed in own sign. 7L lord moon in 9th house, again a good placement. However, Ra/Ke on 2/8 axis may cause some trouble in marital life. Native will benefit from father, mother, and spouse and will treat them with respect. Sun conjunct moon may have given some enchantments and native may have difficulty in aligning ego with emotions. Jupiter is placed in 5th house, native is well learned but may have issues in regards to progeny. Native will have good financial gains away from the place of birth and may have a career in government, foreign affairs, and/or universities. Ra-Ju, Ra-Sat, and Ra-Mer are going to be good for him. Care should be taken during Ketu and Venus AD some health related issues may crop during Saturn, Ketu, and Venus AD.
Current transit: Jupiter is transiting 4th house, Ra/Ke in 11/5 house, Mars in 8th house, Saturn in 9th house. Some trouble in regards to progeny and financial gains is indicated. Things may improve with Saturn’s transit in Nov… native may already be experiencing some relief/effects of the same.

Is he facing a specific problem? For now, recite Hanuman Chalisa and Durga Chalisa or Kilak Stotram.

Dear Explorings..
My son left for aussie during 2007 (the start of sade sati) but could not complete his graduation and has returned to India during feb 2011. He is depressed and is adement to go for abroad in pursuit of atleast a diploma and is not heeding our advise. we are facing a huge burden of debt one side and a depressed son on the other side and we dont know what to do and are more apprehensive about his future. Will you advise please..

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 14 Nov 2011

I also have a couple of relatives who had suffered during their rahu mahadasa but then praying to Durga devi and regular prayers have definitely helped them even in those times. So those remedies suggested by Saindhavi would definitely help those running rahu mahadasa especially when they do it with full faith.
Also they should continue their prayers to Istadev and kuldev in addition. This is what I feel.

Dev

jayakap
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jayakap » 15 Nov 2011

Hi Explorings,

I have sent you a PM. please see whenever you have time

explorings
Donor
Donor

Post by explorings » 15 Nov 2011

jayakap wrote:Hi Explorings,

Dear Jaya:

I received your PM. Once I finish analyzing vivek's and a couple of PM... I shall reply to your PM and the other chart later.

Apologies for the delay!

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prem999 » 15 Nov 2011

explorings and Saindhavi,

I am currently running Ra MD and Ra AD from 2010 April - 2012 Dec. Career Stable but growth very slow considering the efforts put in, relationships ended up Rocky and Physical Health a big concern.

Virgo Ascendant, Rahu and Saturn in 12H , No planet other than Ketu in 6H.

Physical health has been a big concern to me for quite some time , Mental stress is a new addition since the onset of Rahu MD.
Lord of 6th house being Saturn , who's also aspecting into 6th house from 12th in Conjunction with Rahu .

For nearly 4 months , I tried making regular recitation of Durga Saptashloki and heard one recitation of Sapta Shati Chapter 1. Though external situations didnt change much, My mental stress has reduced a bit and am able to cope up., and I am trying to make mantra recitation a part of my daily habit.

Do you consider Rahu Yantra as an effective Remedy ? Can this yantra be used to compliment Durga Sapta Shati / Sapta Shloki ?

I am thinking of Remedies for Rahu as well as Saturn for getting out of this. Can you please advise? Seriously considering Yantra along with these remedies.

Will PM my birth details to you.

jayakap
Contributor
Contributor

Post by jayakap » 15 Nov 2011

by explorings » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:28 pm

jayakap wrote:
Hi Explorings,

Dear Jaya:

I received your PM. Once I finish analyzing vivek's and a couple of PM... I shall reply to your PM and the other chart later.

Apologies for the delay!

Thanks Explorings, please do it at your convenience.

meemu

Post by meemu » 16 Nov 2011

Hi Explorings and others,

Here is another chart wherein Rahu mahadasha is on ( Rahu MD and Jupiter AD). So far, everything is fine. Would like to know how the rest of the dasha period pans out.

DoB: 30.03.1990
ToB: 8.13 PM
PoB: Chennai

He is a mechanical engineer and is currently employed with an MNC. Education was smooth. Got a job during campus selection, moved out of place of birth in June this year and has been transferred to 2 different cities in less than a year!! Parents are keen that he should move overseas but he seems to be happy living and working in India at least for now. What does the future hold for him?

Regards

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prem999 » 16 Nov 2011

prem999 wrote:explorings and Saindhavi,

I am currently running Ra MD and Ra AD from 2010 April - 2012 Dec. Career Stable but growth very slow considering the efforts put in, relationships ended up Rocky and Physical Health a big concern.

Virgo Ascendant, Rahu and Saturn in 12H , No planet other than Ketu in 6H.

Physical health has been a big concern to me for quite some time , Mental stress is a new addition since the onset of Rahu MD.
Lord of 6th house being Saturn , who's also aspecting into 6th house from 12th in Conjunction with Rahu .

For nearly 4 months , I tried making regular recitation of Durga Saptashloki and heard one recitation of Sapta Shati Chapter 1. Though external situations didnt change much, My mental stress has reduced a bit and am able to cope up., and I am trying to make mantra recitation a part of my daily habit.

Do you consider Rahu Yantra as an effective Remedy ? Can this yantra be used to compliment Durga Sapta Shati / Sapta Shloki ?

I am thinking of Remedies for Rahu as well as Saturn for getting out of this. Can you please advise? Seriously considering Yantra along with these remedies.

Will PM my birth details to you.
explorings and Saindhavi, request your insights into this please?

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Saindhavi ji and explorings ji, I am also reading the "Propitiation of Deities" section in Shri PVR Narasasimha Rao's book ( Integrated approach ).
Though I have actually started with Durga Sapta Shloki and planning to complete recitation of Sapta Shati without fail, this section in Shri Rao's book seem to show additional guidelines in choosing the Deity. wondering if you got any chance to explore this area?
In my case , ( Le dispositor of Saturn Conjuct Rahu - 12H , aspected by Ketu in Acquaris in 6H ) - Should I consider the influence of Sun (Leo disposition ) , Saturn ( Conjunction ) for choosing the diety ?
Table 78 in the book says dieties for Sun could be Shiva or Rama & Dieties for Saturn could be Vishnu or Brahma.
Would you recommend worshipping Lord Narasimha - Aggressive form (Rahu) of Vishnu (Saturn) ?

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Saindhavi ji,
I have also read about worshipping Bhairava ( aggressive form or Shiva ) as a remedy for Rahu.
would be grateful if you could share your opinion on this?

I would like to continue chanting Durga Saptasloki , recitation of Saptashati Chapter 1 and light lemon diyas as you recommended, but would need your feedback on the following remedies i could deduce for my Rahu MD which started just an year back. ( running Ra-Ra until Dec 2012)

1. Worship Ganesha ( Ketu in 6th House Aq - Lorded by Saturn )
2. Worship Bhairava ( Agressive form (Rahu in 12th Leo ) of Shiva (Dispositor Leo ) )
3. Worship Narasimha - Aggressive form ( Rahu in 12th Leo ) Conjunction (Saturn in 12 H) aspecting ( Ketu in 6H Aq - no other planet ) lorded by Saturn.

prem999
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prem999 » 17 Nov 2011

Request the seniors to review and comment on my question. Please advise if I am on wrong track.