Sun Moon conjunction in every divisonnal chart

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Gargi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Sun Moon conjunction in every divisonnal chart

Post by Gargi » 03 Mar 2019

Mahadev

Namaskar to you all fellow jyotishis.
New on this forum and glad to join. Before submitting my question, please forgive me for my basic english AND my poor astrology, as I fear that I won't be a very helpful member in the near future, I'm afraid that I
will submit more questions than answers. Please bear with my shy baby steps (...I think by now you people
have figured out that I am quite on the cancerian side of life...). I began learning jyotish in 2012 in Varanasi - Jai Kashi Vishwanath - and since that time my involvement, my efforts and my seriousness in my studies have been on and off, like fast progress and full daily commitment and then falling back, stop practice and forget what you painstakingly tried to learn. Well, blame it also on the hurdles that my chart brings, that will teach me to have a Mars Ketu conjunction in 8th House Taurus and that too on an Amavasya day !
Thank you for your patient reading so far, and now for the question.

I have a natal Sun Moon conjunction that repeats in every divisonnal chart, I mean the 20 ones displayed by Maitreya, same with Jagannath Hora. This is something that I have never seen in any chart, or maybe I haven't looked at enough different ones, probably...
But it really striked me, those two never ever separate, they only change signs and houses.
I've searched the net, I've searched forums and when I submitted that question, all I got was "..dunno..but it must a special person..", which I found quite vague !
What does it mean ?
Have you often seen that ?
Generally, what does it indicate when whichever natal conjunction repeats in all vargas ?
Are there mentions of this in shastras and which ?
Or I am just thinking that I came accross something so rare, so "special" when in fact it's a very
common thing to you all and then I'll feel stupid and crawl back in my shell...??!!

Et voilà, thank you for your answers and thoughts.

Mahadev

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Sun Moon conjunction in every divisonnal chart

Post by ChandraLagna » 03 Mar 2019

Gargi wrote:
03 Mar 2019

Generally, what does it indicate when whichever natal conjunction repeats in all vargas ?
Hi Gargi,

You have to understand how the divisionals or vargas are constructed. Each sign is divided into different "amsas" or parts and this then allows one to examine finer aspects of the overall placements of planets. When a sign is divided into 9 parts, one gets the navamsa and so for example if two planets are within 3 degrees 20 minutes within boundary, then they appear together in the Navamsa, or D9. Example , if both planets are at 7 degrees and 8.3 degrees, then they appear in same Navamsa. But if you see the D60, they will appear in different Amsas, because the separation is more than one degree.

If however, they are are 7 degrees and 7.3 degrees, then they appear together in D60 as well, but will appear separate if a sufficiently large divisional is chosen that can distinguish 0.3 degrees.

In above example, if one planet is at 9 degrees and another at 10.3 degrees, they will appear in different amsas because one Navamsa boundary is at 10 degrees. Similarly, if they appear at some special degrees like 5, 7, or 8 for example, then even though they may be closer than one degree, they still might appear in different signs in D30 because of 5,7, 8 are boundaries of Trimsamsa, or D30.

So, nothing to delight, or despair if two planets are conjunct in all vargas because they are so close together that no Varga divisions are unable to see the separation. Its just math.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Gargi
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re: Sun Moon conjunction in every divisonnal chart

Post by Gargi » 03 Mar 2019

Mahadev,

Thank you for your reply ! I almost suspected something like that, I should have mentioned that Sun's position is
20°51'17'' and Moon's 20°52' 50'', so close together indeed.
I'll crawl back to my shell but will leave the door open !