Devata Computation for different bhavas in Jaimini - Going Beyond Isth Devata

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ketochamp
Devata Computation for different bhavas in Jaimini - Going Beyond Isth Devata

Post by ketochamp » 01 Sep 2018

I have given it a thought and come to a conclusion that Isht Devata is something everyone knows about but when I see people suffering in this material world, they have to be given proper guidance and assistance appropriate and required to overcome material problems.

Since the connection of this material existence with ParamAtma i.e. Bhagvan is through our own AntarAtma, hence AtmaKaraka is the perfect agent to consider different paths through which we can connect with the celestial powers that be. Everyone does the Atmakaraka in D-9, find out navamsa and isht devta but that's not enough. 9th house is the house of dharma and bhagya alone. For Atma to be connected to ParamAtma, we must look at other combinations.

For instance, if we are truly seeking Moksha, shouldn't we be looking at the sign position of AK in D-12 and consider this sign, its lordship etc to find IshtDevta? FURTHERMORE, since it is about ATTAINING MOKSHA aka GAINING, how about we use 11th from the position of Atmakaraka in D-12 i.e. WHAT MUST ONE DO IN ORDER TO "GAIN" MOKSHA AS PER THE PLACEMENT OF AK IN D-12 (CHART OF MOKSHA)?

Because 12th from the position of AK in D-9 aka bhagya and dharma chart means WHAT MUST ONE DO IN ORDER TO "LOSE" DHARMA AND MOKSHA RELATIVE TO THE POSITION OF AK in D-9?

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Devata Computation for different bhavas in Jaimini - Going Beyond Isth Devata

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 05 Jul 2019

This is a broad question. And I believe is not detailed enough. 12th from Atmakaraka in navamsa still has various methods which may change the outcome. These factors change if you use highest degree or minute for the atmakaraka.

12th from Atmakaraka in navamsa does not rely just on the lord of the rashi or planets in the 12th from the AK. Rashi aspects from other planets further fine tune the outcome. Jumping around from divisional to divisional creates a hodgepodge of more factors which go beyond rashi and will create a frenzy of forced outcomes and results. The basic 12th from AK, lord and Rashi aspects are enough if you know factors such a 5th from yogada, and 5th house planets and rashi aspects of planets to the 5th house in rashi. Another factor for deities and base devotion is 6th from AmK in Navamsa. But the Detailed moksha deity is 12th from AK, this is already the surrender and loss of all else. But it is still up to the native to decide his favorite deity.

Raghava Bhatta in Jataka Sangraha illustrated upasana from the planet behind a planet in the 7th house, or if a planet is not occupied a planet behind the 7th lord. These factors are enough and hopping from a divisional to divisional is broad, and may give hopeful ideals, but these previous mentioned factors are enough.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Devata Computation for different bhavas in Jaimini - Going Beyond Isth Devata

Post by lefteye » 08 Jul 2019

Moksha doesn't mean gaining. The last stage of spirituality where the person renounces mantras is moksha. Moksha is liberation of non soul activities. But we call it liberation of soul. Brahma sutra reiterates the seniority of jeevatma which is as old as that of paramatma by a one liner-"Shruti never says that Jeevan was created." something like this.

Some sects talk about varieties of moksha and accord grading to these types of moksha.
The 12th house of Atmakaraka refers a deity which will guide the person to moksha. 9th from AK in D9 refers the dharma devata and it has to be worshipped in planet form.6th from Amk is phalana devata.Bhatru karaka sign represents Guru devata. It should be started from this place.It may not be possible to touch all devatas in one birth.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 08 Jul 2019

I came across an information on the deities discussed. It is an old thread from 2009 by PVNR ji.

"Namaste, I mentioned a formula that occurs commonly in the charts of spiritual greats, though it is not that common in regular charts. The long discussion on sohamsa that followed that post ignored the actual formula and its building blocks and focused on other things. I want to say more on one important building block used in that formula. * * * In the chapter called "kaarakaamsa phala" in BPHS, Parasara mentioned the deities worshipped based on the planets in the 12th from kaarakaamsha. For example, Sun in 12th from AK shows a worshipper of Shiva and Moon in 12th from AK shows a worshipper of Gouri. The term "kaarakaamsa" means "AK's amsa". Amsa only means division. Which amsa or division is Parasara referring to? Though people jumped to the conclusion that amsa means navaamsa by default, there is one more important thing to consider here. At the onset itself, Parasara clarified which amsas (divisions) are used for which purposes.

He clearly said "upaasanaayaaH viGYaanaM saadhyaM viMshati bhaagake", meaning "the knowledge of one's worship and spiritual practices is possible in D-20". If, having said that at the onset, he defines which deities are worshipped based on the 12th house from AK in an "amsa", can the amsa in question be anything other than D-20?! After all, he clearly said one's upaasanaa is seen from D-20. So the principles laid out later by Parasara for upaasanaa *must* be referring to D-20 by "amsa" and *not* D-9 as people normally take."

It is a lengthy post. I give the url.
https://www.indiadivine.org/content/top ... karakamsa/

Rvx
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Rvx » 14 Aug 2019

Very intriguing post 🙏
I’m so attached towards Shiva, particularly Mritunjaya.
My AK is Sun.
In my D20 I’ve Sun with Mercury and both nodes in Scorpio. My 12th is Libra and empty however I’ve Mars is in Aries aspecting Libra.
So now does it indicate Shiva or the form of Mritunjaya?