Retro+exalted+malefic+d9

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor
Retro+exalted+malefic+d9

Post by Priya dhillon » 30 Jan 2018

Hi everyone
How far is this statement true
Exalted but retro planet act as debilitated(particularly in divisional charts)
Also if this planet conjunct with a malefic .
For example... retro exalted saturn with rahu( in d9 ) in 10th house.
Does this behave like adding fuel.to the fire :?:
Can anyone explain this by relating it to practical life?

astrolover2017
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Retro+exalted+malefic+d9

Post by astrolover2017 » 13 Feb 2018

Retro and debilitated means very strong
Retro and exalted is stressful results.
Same for D9 and lagna

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 13 Feb 2018

Priya, you can read through this thread where the topic of retrograde+exalted , and retrograde effects in general are discussed : viewtopic.php?p=251276#p251276

Summary: Not all astrologers agree or know for sure what the results are.

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 14 Feb 2018

astrolover2017 wrote:
13 Feb 2018
Retro and debilitated means very strong
Retro and exalted is stressful results.
Same for D9 and lagna
Hi astrolover2017
Thankyou for replying
What's the logic behind this dictum. . Could you please explain a bit more. ..
As Retro implies planet is very slow movin and appears to be moving in opposite direction. .if we take Saturn for instance. . Saturn(natural malefic) basically denotes delay in every task. .good outcome after putting so much effort etc. .. does retro here means opposite of that ie quick results. . Adding exaltation to it. .making retro results more strong .. how can the results be stressful then? (particularly in case of saturn).

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

GNE wrote:
13 Feb 2018
Priya, you can read through this thread where the topic of retrograde+exalted , and retrograde effects in general are discussed : viewtopic.php?p=251276#p251276

Summary: Not all astrologers agree or know for sure what the results are.
Hi GNE ..thanx for the useful link. .
So have you examined this situation in other charts. .. Any progress? In fact your own chart has this kind of placement. .. it will be highly appreciated if you share this retrogradation concept based on interpretation of your own chart till now. Any change in your previous viewpoint?

astrolover2017
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrolover2017 » 14 Feb 2018

First you should know basic concept. retro planets are harmful and they create mental stress due to past karma. Retro venus will always give bad marriage life and no peace, retro sani will delay very much and create frustration.

If benefic is retro they reduce their goodness and malefic is retro they increase their bad qualities.

retro and deb is bad + bad = very bad
retro and exalted = bad +good = bad

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 14 Feb 2018

Priya,
Honestly if I analyze based on my own chart and the results I've got in areas of life pertaining to the retrograde planets (especially during their dasha), to me it seems as though retrograde does nothing more than adds some strength. Or in some cases, it doesn't seem to do anything noticeable, it's as if the planets aren't retrograde.
My exalted retrograde venus seems to be giving positive results (especially during it's time periods) , and retrograde mercury seems "less" debilitated, as if retro adde strength however it's hard to tell because it's also receiving strong neecha bhanga raj yoga(helped by it's placement in 10th) , so it could be due to that.

When I read charts of friends/family (or friends of friends...) that have retrograde planets, I find predictions+results are much more accurate if I just ignore the retrograde factor but pretend any retrograde planet just has much more strength(higher shadbala). If I start trying to say the retrograde's are acting like in the previous house or sign, or sign across from it, or are debilitated (if exalted) then 9/10 times that prediction ends up very wrong.
At least, all of the above is in my experience.

I do find the general effect like "retrograde venus may have trouble expressing love/physical feelings in relationships, or are a late bloomer when it comes to romance" is usually true
Retrograde mercury may overthink or do lots of introspection and have strong inner dialogue with themselves, etc...
those "results" do seem accurate for the most part, in my opinion.
(However of course I am not sure if it is JUST the retrograde planet causing that .....like example for me and my retrograde venus - I also have other yoga's (+7th house issues) that could explain my lac romantic relationship experiences (and lack of "desiring" love for so long...I never cared about dating or sex until like 25+ ...)

Anyway, I have rambled enough, hope it answered what you asked.

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Thankyou @astrolover2017 @GNE for the valuable inputs .
I would like to share my view also.
Though both views are contradictory, they hold similarly in some way. The concept retro+exalted=debilitated or bad appears to be right because retro planet seems to be moving in opposite direction .So in practical terms.. .Venus retro person would be like quite opposite to Venusian traits (@GNE as you have mentioned about lacking interest in dating ,love etc).But this scenario is what generally is perceived by the individual and the people around.(I'm not.mixing arudha concept here..perception here is just physical plane or what normally a person think in some particular situation).Now what's happening in actual(at microscopic level) is that the planet appears to be moving backward but in reality it is still moving forward (though slow).hence positive results in most of the charts you have studied.

The general statement that retro exalted is bad is just the superficial layer of the case. As the planets appears to be causing harm. For instance.. Saturn will appear more cruel (more delay, frustration etc) it is just like a child holding a knife(holding onto the things that serve no higher purpose like for evolution of the soul) and the mother take that away ( to protect that child)..so the parent will appear cruel(malefic) to that child well as to the children sitting nearby..I think that's why in astrology we call this combo bad.

As per the analysis of my own chart.. I am capri asc with Saturn retro in Aquarius..though I have some seriousNess in my personality. .but I m not that typical Saturn person (hardworker, disciplined etc.) owing to retrogradation I guess. But I would say the dignity of the planet matters here a lot . So Saturn in good dignity implies I have great sense of responsibility etc.. (but again retro ie. At core not at the surface :D :D . .everything appears to be delay delay in my life.but this saturn is teaching there is even no need to hurry.(sometimes I look at those direct saturn in good dignity persons and find myself too Much in awe of those personalities :shock: :lol: ).but actually a retro planet has already been through all those (Direct) traits in the past lives and they served no purpose for higher realization.

So @GNE I feel your retro Venus mercury saturn are quite ahead .and if in good dignity, though seem to be giving opposite traits or you may perceive that you have tight hand in those traits but actually your soul knows the truth :wink:
Correct me guys if I m wrong.will appreciate more explanation on this interesting concept .
Regards

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 15 Feb 2018

It all depends on what "traits" we are talking about when we say some planets "traits" are weak....
Also to me saying retro exalted = bad is too much a blanket statement, because "bad" in what way? Whoever says these things should explain more, otherwise it makes people think it's just all-around bad....so all results from house-lord results, to dasha results, etc.. are not thrown into the "oh they will be weak because the planet in retrograde" pile.
I am not saying this is what you are saying, but I see many other posts + blogs around the internet where this has spread to make people believe anything retrograde = no results, no yoga, no good talent from the planet, etc... - which is absolutely untrue. (many celebrities got their most success during retrograde planets dasha. Especially I've seen saturn retrograde dasha help a lot of people get their "rise" - Bachchan, Speilberg...)

And Priya, you say I feel your retro Venus mercury saturn are quite ahead .and if in good dignity, though seem to be giving opposite traits or you may perceive that you have tight hand in those traits but actually your soul knows the truth :wink:

can you please elaborate because I cannot reply really, unless I know which traits you are trying to say you feel lack in my chart?
I spoke of my love life , but then you mentioned regarding my mercury+saturn...so which "traits" do you feel I don't have a tight hand in?

And I must add, when it comes to Saturn retro= more delays... that's bogus to me (though I understand why it's easy to blame delay on retro saturn...I used to do it too).
I know friends who have direct saturn's and lots of delays (living at home with parents, no career, no marriage...) and they are almost 40 years old.
And one of my cousin's friends has saturn direct in Libra and still has no home/marriage and career (has job but hates it and keeps moving from job to job, unsure what his actual career path is) and acts like a child (everyone that knows him says he's like a 18 year old...yet is 34).

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 15 Feb 2018

GNE wrote:
15 Feb 2018
It all depends on what "traits" we are talking about when we say some planets "traits" are weak....
Also to me saying retro exalted = bad is too much a blanket statement, because "bad" in what way? Whoever says these things should explain more, otherwise it makes people think it's just all-around bad....so all results from house-lord results, to dasha results, etc.. are not thrown into the "oh they will be weak because the planet in retrograde" pile.
I am glad that you raised this question. . Even I want to know this. As to me bad in case of retro implies opposite to positive qualities of that planet.
GNE wrote:
15 Feb 2018

can you please elaborate because I cannot reply really, unless I know which traits you are trying to say you feel lack in my chart?
I spoke of my love life , but then you mentioned regarding my mercury+saturn...so which "traits" do you feel I don't have a tight hand in?
Again all I meant was opposite qualities to actual qualities of those planets . As u said about Venus. .same is in my case with Saturn. For example you will find a Venusian person giving importance to love dating,one with good aesthetic sense,interest in arts,pleasure we derive from possessions etc.
GNE wrote:
15 Feb 2018
And one of my cousin's friends has saturn direct in Libra and still has no home/marriage and career (has job but hates it and keeps moving from job to job, unsure what his actual career path is) and acts like a child (everyone that knows him says he's like a 18 year old...yet is 34).
Strange ! Even I act like a child sometimes( and I thought it is due to my retro saturn.) But I m quite mature from inside.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 15 Feb 2018

Yeah I do wonder what astrologers opinion on retrograde planets results related to houses they own, yoga's they participate in and their dasha's.
Granted I assume we'd be met with variety of opinions.... Like a few years ago I was told by an 'astrologer' that I must have a bad relationship with my mother and/or a negative homelife, or have moved home a lot because my 4th lord is retrograde. That all could not be more untrue, my relationship with mother is great, smooth, and home life very peaceful and I have lived in the same nice home all my life, no issues.

Same thing regarding yoga results....it seems when some "regular person" posts a chart with retrograde planets forming some dhan/raj yoga, many astrologers like to say the results are weakened or delayed until much later in life because of the retrograde factor.
But then post a celebrity chart with many retrograde planets forming yoga's and watch people either ignore retrograde completely, or say the planets gained strength because of retrogression and thus that explain the celebrities great success/wealth,etc. :lol:

Thank you for explaining what you meant regarding planet traits (opposite qualities of those planets).

It's just I'm thinking of many traits of the planet, not just love and dating for venus (for example)... but also things slike artistic eye/beauty appreciation, cleanliness, kindness and how easily one can form bonds with people , luxury in life, etc...

And knowing many direct saturn folk who too have many delays in life causes me to think "delay" is caused my other yogas, nakshatra and even dasha(often not just vimshottari...) and not just what Saturn is doing.

I remember reading certain complex yoga's in classic texts that had results like: " the native rises in life only after crossing the 29th year (or whatever age ...sometimes 33, 36, 42, etc.) "

(by "complex yoga's" I mean things like: " if 11th lord's navamsa sign lord is in some certain house in D1 and aspected or conjunction a certain other planet, then = result". )

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 16 Feb 2018

Yeah I think this concept can only be clarified if those having this kinda placement share their views based on their own chart interpretation.(by linking it to practical aspects..like you have shared). Or those who have studied many charts with retro planets (apart from celebs charts).. as i think evidence based approach is needed for this dictum.