is 7th house navamsa you or your spouse?

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
pank
is 7th house navamsa you or your spouse?

Post by pank » 01 Oct 2017

Hi this seems like an obvious answer to me, that 7th house navamsa is your spouse.
but I have read some people saying 7th house is you, and spouse is navamsa ascendant instead?
I also seen a person in a video mention it like this.

so which is true?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: is 7th house navamsa you or your spouse?

Post by astrostar » 30 Dec 2017

Hi,
7th house in navamsa is the spouse. Navamsa Ascendant is the native.
The video might have differently described the qualities, I think.

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 31 Dec 2017

Hi
I also have this question in my mind
I m Capricorn ascendant. .7th house cancer in both d1 d9... I feel like I am more of my 7th house i.e moon Venus(ve 7) type personality
Does this mean the spouse's personality traits would be of saturn (sat 2) :roll:

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 31 Dec 2017

Ascendant in both D1 and D9 charts pertains only to native. 7th house in both D1 and D9 charts pertains only to spouse.
In your case, Moon, the mind, if in Cancer sign (7th house), denotes your emotional and affectionate mind. Venus conjunction takes it to greater extent. This thing first applies to you, since in your chart your moon is your mind.
Now coming to your spouse, venus (and moon) in 7th house in D1, D9, would be equally affectionate.

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 31 Dec 2017

Thank you astrostar for clearing my doubt.
But then why I am lacking Saturn traits. Even though it is in Aquarius (own) in d1 and in libra (exalted) in d9 still I find myself not as much disciplined as my Saturn is signifying. I am not punctual ,goal oriented( was little bit I the past) .
Do I need to develop Saturn like traits in me?

In fact I get attracted towards strong Saturn(hardworking, ambitious,disciplined, stable) and Mars (energetic) people.
Note.d1 ..7th lord in 8th with 8th lord.7th house has Venus. Mars in 9th(vargottma)
D9 7th lord in 5th (exalted) .Venus in 3rd (exalted)

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 31 Dec 2017

Could you send the birth details- date, time, place; for analyzing Saturn, 7th lord, 8th house, etc.
Because Mercury denotes the budhi (driver of mind);
mind (MOO) just thinks, feels; driver-budhi (MER) takes decisions;
Often, the guide and adviser (JUP) heals budhi (MER).
Often, Karma phal datha (SAT) can also drive the mind (MOO) and budhi (MER) either in good or bad way depending on karma.

Anonymous User
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Anonymous User » 05 Jan 2018

@astrostar
My dob
14 Sept 93
Punjab.
This is LOVA's "Anonymous" User account, this account serves two purposes, 1: To move threads that users want to delete for some unavoidable reasons but retain valuable replies from Astro's. 2: For user account testing purpose by LOVA Admins.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 06 Jan 2018

We have to study moon's significations one by one in the chart.

Moon is at 3 degrees in Leo. Saturn is at 1 degree in Aquarius. Both are totally in opposition. Moon the mind opposing Saturn. It means the mind is not interested to receive or absorb Saturn good qualities. The opposition of Saturn gives some of his negative qualities like indiscipline etc. But Moon gets the significations of 1st and 2nd houses from Saturn.

Moon is in "out of sign conjunction" with Venus. Venus is at 27 degrees in Cancer. Since the distance is only 6 degrees, the moon is under the influence of Venus. Venus is the lord of 5th and 10th and is in 7th house. So moon slightly gets the qualities of 5th, 7th, 10th houses thru Venus.

Moon is in Magha star. Star-Lord is Ketu, situated in Venus sign.
So Ketu denotes all Venus significations like 5th, 7th, 10th houses.
So, once again, Moon gets all Venus significations (5, 7, 10) from Ketu.

1, 2, 5, 7, 10 are good houses. Something still missing. what is that?

Ketu is strongly aspected by Jupiter. So Ketu becomes an agent of Jupiter also. Jupiter is the lord of 3rd and 12th and is posited in 9th house, Jupiter is very closely joined with Mars, the lord of 4th and 11th. So Ketu gains the significations of 3, 4, 9, 11, 12 from Jupiter and passes all these to Moon. 3rd and 9th denote traveling, communications etc. 12th denotes detachment, changes etc.

Now, Moon signifies 1,2,3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12 houses. So you are a home minister.

You have 3 planets at 24 degrees - Jupiter, Uranus, Neptune.
Pluto is at 29 degrees.
You have 3 planets at 27 degrees - Sun, Mars, Venus.
It means many planets mastered the qualities of various signs like Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Sagittarius and indicating that your soul is a very old soul which has visited the earth several times in the past centuries.

"I get attracted towards strong Saturn (hardworking, ambitious, disciplined, stable) and Mars (energetic) people."
why?
Saturn is in Mars star. Mars is the lord of 11th house. 11th shows friends, relationships, preferences etc. So you wish to make friends who are Mars (energetic) people. Moon also indicating this.
Since Saturn is also the 11th house significator (thru mars), you like those persons/friends who are hardworking, ambitious, disciplined, stable. But you cannot implement these qualities since your moon opposes Saturn.

Good luck

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 06 Jan 2018

Thank you so much astrostar for the analysis.
astrostar wrote:
06 Jan 2018
We have to study moon's significations one by one in the chart.

Moon is at 3 degrees in Leo. Saturn is at 1 degree in Aquarius. Both are totally in opposition.

Does this also indicates that me and would be spouse are going to be of exact opposite nature as moon saturn are not friends i guess. :( moreover sun is also opposing saturn. .again dire enemies plus both strong. I am just not able to understand this situation. :!:
astrostar wrote:
06 Jan 2018

Ketu is strongly aspected by Jupiter. So Ketu becomes an agent of Jupiter also. Jupiter is the lord of 3rd and 12th and is posited in 9th house, Jupiter is very closely joined with Mars, the lord of 4th and 11th. So Ketu gains the significations of 3, 4, 9, 11, 12 from Jupiter and passes all these to Moon. 3rd and 9th denote traveling, communications etc. 12th denotes detachment, changes etc.
Jupiter aspect on ketu - does this mean curbing all the negativity of ketu.? .. can you please tell me how is Jupiter condition in my chart. .since in d9 it is in 8th ie 12th from 9th..is this a bad placement. ?
astrostar wrote:
06 Jan 2018

Sorry..I didn't get that.
astrostar wrote:
06 Jan 2018

indicating that your soul is a very old soul which has visited the earth several times in the past centuries.

Amazing. .I had an intuition :wink:
astrostar wrote:
06 Jan 2018

"I get attracted towards strong Saturn (hardworking, ambitious, disciplined, stable) and Mars (energetic) people."
why?
Saturn is in Mars star. Mars is the lord of 11th house. 11th shows friends, relationships, preferences etc. So you wish to make friends who are Mars (energetic) people. Moon also indicating this.
Since Saturn is also the 11th house significator (thru mars), you like those persons/friends who are hardworking, ambitious, disciplined, stable. But you cannot implement these qualities since your moon opposes Saturn.
[/qoute]

Again very well explained. ..thank you so much.
I am not much into astrology. . So I thought it was due to chandra kundli influence. (As 7th from moon-saturn. Similarly In d9 it is Scorpio. .hence mars)
Also if we see from Venus ..7th from venus Capricorn hence saturn. In d9 7th from venus -mars. . .
All in all it is just because of my mind. i.e. what I want..but what I will get is 7th from ascendant :cry: correct me if I am wrong .

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 07 Jan 2018

1) Opposition works only when the orb is less than 18 degrees. Sun's degrees are 27 in leo. Saturn is at 1 degree. Both are strong. I agree. But where is the opposition?

Jupiter aspect on ketu - does this mean curbing all the negativity of ketu.? .. can you please tell me how is Jupiter condition in my chart. .since in d9 it is in 8th ie 12th from 9th..is this a bad placement. ?

2) Yes. Jupiter curbing negativity of ketu. Jupiter is in good placement - 9th H - in D1 chart. Jupiter in 8th in D9 gives good long span of married life. Spouse talks smoothly and gently. Both 8th and 9th houses are
important for "Soubhagya yoga" particularly for women.
When Ketu is connected with 12th lord and Jupiter, it indicates liberation of soul. But I think you may not accept this state and wish another birth.

3) It means Moon is connected with all the above houses thru
- placement - 7th H
- star lord - Ketu
- aspect - from SAT
- conjunction - VEN etc.
When moon signifies almost all the houses, your mind takes care of all the facets/aspects of life.
So you (mind) are like a minister and advisor to yourself. Nothing escapes from you.

4) 3rd and 12th (occult) lord Jupiter is in 9th (intuition) house. Besides, Jupiter is joined with 11th lord Mars.
Your Mars is under the control of Jupiter. This is a great thing.

5) Your navamsa is also in good condition. 7th lord Moon is in 5th (love) and exalted. Jupiter in 8th house.
5th lord Venus is exalted and aspecting 11th lord Mars. These things showing happiness in married life.

6) Yes. You will get what 7th from ascendant shows. But 5th lord is in 7th house. It is exalted in D9 in 3rd
house.

Sun, Moon are in Leo. You possess more leo qualities.
Mercury, Mars are in Virgo. You also possess virgo qualities in intelligence (more) and anger (very less).
Venus is in Cancer gives much affectionate qualities.
You have to follow Cancer, Virgo qualities to maintain harmony in relationships and marriage.
Don't exhibit Leo qualities ever.

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 07 Jan 2018

Again a big thank you for detailed explanation .
Just one last thing.
astrostar wrote:
07 Jan 2018

So you (mind) are like a minister and advisor to yourself. Nothing escapes from you.
1.It is a saying that mind should be one's servant. .as I am my mind is biggest illusion.. so here mind is the advisor. .is it positive thing or negative?
As I feel before doing anything one should always listen to mercury (budhi) not to moon (mind). What's your opinion regarding this. Should I follow what's minister (moon)saying or not?

2.Also as you said that I don't want this birth death cycle ending. Here again I don't want is implying my mind don't want ..right?

3. Strong Leo. ..means my ego is strong?or
Soul Is strong ?(sun represents soul,sun is also my atmakaraka) ego is the greatest barrier to liberation. So strong sun here is barrier or support?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 07 Jan 2018

You have psychic, philosophic, spiritual knowledge. Otherwise, it is impossible to ask questions in such an intelligent manner. I admire your intelligence (Mercury) behind all these questions.

ok. let's study Mercury (budhi) significations in the chart -

Mercury degrees are 11 in Virgo. Mercury is in the star of Moon in 7th house = 7.
Moon is very strongly aspected by Saturn. So moon passes its qualities to Mercury = 1,2
Moon closely joined with Venus = 5,10

Mercury is the lord of 6th and 9th house = 6, 9
Mercury is joined with both Sun (28+2+11=13) and Jupiter (24-11=13) = 3,12,8
[Note : Sun's 27-55 means, easily can take 28 degrees]
Mercury indirectly connected with and controlled by Mars = 4,11

Hence, Mercury significations are 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12
Earlier I have said, Moon signifies 1,2,3,4,5,7,9,10,11,12

Wherever your mind (Moon) goes, intelligence (Mercury) follows, supports, guides.
which way? +ve or -ve?
To answer this question, we have to study mercury conjunctions.
If joined with malefics, then mercury is a malefic. It totally means, the person is a bad person.
If joined with benefics, then mercury is a benefic. It totally means, the person is a good person.
The same thing applies to mixed type planets.

Now your mercury (budhi) is in equal distance from both Sun and Jupiter.
Fiery Sun is a 100% definite malefic especially for Capricorn ascendant.
But wait. I don't blindly follow vedic rules.

I remind - Sun is in 28 degrees in Leo.
The planet with higher degrees in the birth chart is a very old one and is regarded as the wisest. Being in a sign for a long time, up to the 29 degrees, a planet's natural qualities and energies are extremely altered, merged and blended by the sign qualities, energies, elements. The planet absorbs and digests the total energies and qualities of that sign. This means the planet has mastered the particular sign qualities and when birth takes place at such last degrees, then the planet bestows all those learned characteristics to the native. It also implies the soul has mastered several qualities, essences of that planet or had most experiences with it in its past lives. Hence the native's main inner qualities are those qualities which are gifted by the planet that has higher longitude in a sign. Therefore it becomes the Soul Planet and signifies the native's best strengths and talents. Planets (or house cusps) at 29, 28, 27, 26, 25 degrees of a sign, are considered late. The last three or four degrees are almost equally powerful. It indicates that the native has done a lot of learning in those particular areas represented by the placements and house positions. Having many later degrees (planets or houses such as ac, ic, dc, mc) in the chart indicates an old soul who visited the earth many times, earned many skills and much wisdom.
That's why Sun became your "Atmakaraka" and thus beneficial planet.

Now, coming to Jupiter, as 12th lord, no doubt, a malefic. However, due to its placement in 9th house, Jupiter transforms into a benefic.

These all show that mercury joined with nice benefics. So Mercury becomes a benefic. yes. It means your budhi.

Your mind basically listens to ketu, because moon is in Ketu star. Ketu is aspected by Jupiter. Ketu is in Taurus represents Venus. Ketu is in Rohini star represents Moon. Moon and Ketu exchanged stars. These things shows Jupiter controls your mind. Yes. more than budhi, wisdom influencing your mind. However; whenever mind needs an analysis, it can take the help of budhi. Because budhi touching all houses equally with mind. Yes. Finally your mind is under the control of both. But from another side Venus is equally mixing plenty of affection inside the mind.

2) Yes. your mind, and budhi molding you in that ways.

3) Ego is gone in the previous birth because it has been mastered by Sun since several births. Soul earned many advanced skills. Sun indicating there is no more ego as a barrier to liberation. Even though you are close to liberation, there will be several discussions with your soul guide on various things such as love, relationships etc.

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 09 Jan 2018

@astrostar
Thank you very much for your time and insightful points about my chart.

Vamanaavataram012
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vamanaavataram012 » 04 Feb 2018

If moon is in your 7th from Navamasa, take both lagna and moon for both and your spouse. For a male venus in the 7th from navamsa lagna for wife, and jupiter in 7th for a females husband.

sri10
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sri10 » 15 Feb 2018

Dear Astrostar,
Really an informative write up on concepts of navamsa. Will you kindly answer my query,as to whether 4th house in Navamsa chart or 4th house in natal chart pertains to spouse's profession .which house in horoscope determine's spouse's co born and parents.

Thanks
Sri10

Praveen

Post by Praveen » 23 Feb 2018

Hello Astrostar,

Ascedant is Capricorn with Mercury in 1st house and 7th Lord moon is in 9th house virgo.And in navamsa chart moon is in 8th house.
Navamsa ascedant is leo with Mercury in 1st house , navamsa lagna Lord sun is in 7th house aquarius and navamsa 7th Lord in 6th house Capricorn.
As sun and Saturn are bitter enemies does this means that marriage life is not good. And having 7th Lord moon in 8th house navamsa is indicating death of spouse ??.
Please provide your valuable analysis on this.
Date of birth 1/3/1983, 5:28am , Bangalore.

Thanks

Praveen

Post by Praveen » 28 Feb 2018

Hello All,

Can anyone reply to the query.
Thanks

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 01 Mar 2018

Hello, praveen Ji,

Many Happy Returns of the Day Praveen Ji,

Your analysis has some weight.
I have to analyze this.

I have some urgent work, so,
I shall respond after 3 days.
In the meanwhile, you get other experts' views in this forum.

Regards
astrostar
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

Praveen

Post by Praveen » 04 Mar 2018

Hello Astrostar,

Thank you.
Can you please provide your opinion.

Thanks

Akanksha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

7th house is pisces in navamsa chart and sun is in placed in 7th house what does it mean?

Post by Akanksha » 05 Aug 2018

My 7th house is pisces in navamsa chart but jupiter is placed with ketu in 3rd house of scorpio of navamsa chart and sun is sitting in 7th house. What does it signify about the characteristic of my spouse?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 06 Aug 2018

@Akanksha

Sun is in Pisces.
Jupiter is aspecting that Sun.
Jupiter is with Ketu in Scorpio.

With the above short information, my flat opinion is -
Your spouse is religious, spiritual, interested in occult sciences, research minded;
and can have good education; intelligent;
good social, cultural attitude;
a philosopher; accepts traditional values;
may want to control you; possibly in right way, bcz Jupiter aspects Sun, a good thing;

See, I do not know other planets' aspects, positions etc.
Also, D1 chart is important to know spouse traits.

chandhok.deepak7

Post by chandhok.deepak7 » 17 Aug 2018

For a male, venus and mercury conjuct in 7th house (gemini sign). What can we interpret?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 18 Aug 2018

chandhok.deepak7 wrote:
17 Aug 2018
For a male, venus and mercury conjuct in 7th house (gemini sign). What can we interpret?
What are the degrees of Mercury, Venus, 7th house.

e.g.
suppose
if 7th house is at 25° in Gemini
Mercury is at 15° in Gemini
Venus is at 10° in Gemini
then it is considered as they are in 6th house, not in 7th house.

I accept they are in 7th sign. but they may or may not be in 7th house.

Sign chart is different from bhava/house chart.

According to sign chart, Mercury and venus definitely give results of Gemini sign traits.
But if they are in 6th house in bhava chart, they act negatively to 7th house
by using the traits of Gemini sign.

So, Once check the degrees. You can get those by using Astrosage App.

chandhok.deepak7

Post by chandhok.deepak7 » 18 Aug 2018

Dear Astrostar ji, I am asking for navamsha only without knowing the degrees.

chandhok.deepak7

Post by chandhok.deepak7 » 18 Aug 2018

Astrosage app is not showing degrees in navamsa