Rasi vs Divisional charts

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Ketugraha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ketugraha » 20 Aug 2017

I left my country when I was 24 and has changed the country of residence 6 times in last 25 years. And I don't mean travelling, I mean relocating. And I don't count relocating within a country or city, I mean moving from one country to another.

What bothers me is not moving per ce or settling down. I know I will never settle down, mainly because I don't want to. Now what bothers me is the statement that everything comes to Rasi and no division chart can overrule what the Rasi says. They bloody can overrule Rasi! How many people have same Rasi as I do? I bet a lot. Take two exactly same Rasis of two people who leave essentially different lives, say one lives at the same postcode for half of the century, another moves from country to country, and you won't have any other choice but admitting that Rasi defines certain things but far from all of them.

In your opinion is astrology a science or rather magic? Science? Scientific prediction should be verifiable. Lets take 100 horoscopes and try to predict just by analysing them one very simple and easily verifiable thing - is it a horoscope of a man or a woman? Tossing a coin will give roughly 50% of accuracy. Would astrology get any better than that and if not why?

SWARNIM
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rasi vs Divisional charts

Post by SWARNIM » 22 Aug 2017

The username chosen by you indicates effect of mysterious and shadow planet correlated with illusion, false belief, suspicion, relocations, detachment etc and all such effects finally lead one to spirituality.

Unlike other sciences dealing with perceivable observations recorded by someone and are empirical in nature, Jyotisha is all encompassing and largely beyond the capacity of our sensory organs i.e. to systematically record it and fetch the predictions/analysis at our own will.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 22 Aug 2017

I suppose for those only using Rasi, not only the desh, kaal, patra" (who the native is born into/family, and where..etc.) can make a difference between people's lives with identical rasi charts.
ex: someone born in hollywood would have different effects than someone born in Africa, or someone born in a serious brahmin hindu household would have different upbringing than someone with athiest parents..etc.

But also the bhava cusps I believe play a large role in things...I say this after having come across 2 other people with my identicle rasi, yet totally different lives. The bhava charts were completely different + Nakshatra lords of house cusps / navamsa sign of house cusps,etc.. all different pretty much.
So things like the navamsa lord of the 10th house cusp changed and could've effected out career...etc.

Also, panchang plays a part in making people with identicle rasi different - What day (Varna lord) , and mostly Hora lord usually changes between people with same rasi... etc.

Then there are special lagna's in the rasi that change quickly, like Varnada lagna, Vighati lagna, Sree lagna,.. even Ghati and hora lagna often change between people.
So new results and yoga's are formed (or unformed) because of those.

And if we ignore varga "charts" and just use divisions of signs, the planet degrees make a big difference in people with the same rasi. Someone's moon often would be in a different navamsa, or saptamsa,etc..
And of course Shastiamsa d60 divisions / deities would likely be different for at least all the inner planets+moon+Lagna - I'm not talking about the d60 "chart", but just if we stick to rasi, there are learned astrologers who know what shastiamsa sign a planet is in based just on the degrees a planet is in(and thus, that planet has some shastiamsa "lord" which can make up different yogas/results)

Anyway there may be more things I forgot, and I'm not saying ignore varga's here, but just saying there are ways one could differentiate people with the exact same rasi charts, and it's likely because of these things that many learned astrologers say Rasi is #1 for results.

Of course, I can play "Devil's advocate' and say that likely another reason SOME astrologers say Rasi is everything is because they just don't know how to read or calculate(by memory) a planet's varga divisions and to avoid having to do more work for themselves they just say we only need the rasi.
:mrgreen:

And I said varga divisions, since that's all they are...divisions of each sign. Not actually separate charts to begin with.

Ketugraha
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Ketugraha » 04 Sep 2017

[quote=SWARNIM post_id=242369 time=1503419828 user_id=3476]
The username chosen by you indicates effect of mysterious and shadow planet correlated with illusion, false belief, suspicion, relocations, detachment etc and all such effects finally lead one to spirituality.
[/quote]

:D Very well spotted. It all started when Venus dasa kicked in - relocations, initiation, living in ashram, working on scriptures. And yes, GNE, with bhava chart reference it makes more sense since Ketu is with Venus in 10th in Bhava Chart rather than in 11th in Rasi. And Rahu with Saturn sitting in 4th, cute combination, that's why I can't stand living in one postcode for longer than a year or two.

One thing though I still don't get. Some yogas are based on bhava rulership - clearly should be judged from Bhava Chart, not Rasi. Some yogas are based on relative position of planets, say quadrants from each other or trines. Clearly should be based on Rasi chart not Bhava. Then why so many astrologers say that if a yoga is in Rasi and not in Bhava Chart it looses a part of its power. It shouldn't should it? If a yoga is rasi based, it's presence in Bhava Chart is irrelevant, and if it is bhava based, it's presence in Rasi Chart is irrelevant. What do you think?

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 04 Sep 2017

The "yogas in rasi or bhava chart" (when they specifically mention a "bhava" in the yoga) thing is another topic where there are many opinions and not all astrologers agree.

I remember in BV Raman's book "a catechism of astrology" he answers this question and says that if parashara
mentions a planet be in a specific Bhava for a yoga , then we must see the yoga using the bhava chart.

of course this opinion is not universally agreed upon.
I think it's best to just test on as many charts as you can, check bhava results vs. rasi whole sign house results (especially of planets that are activated in dasha/sub dasha) etc...

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 10 Sep 2017

Report this post Quote
Share this topic on
Post by Ketugraha » 20 Aug 2017, 17:50

I left my country when I was 24 and has changed the country of residence 6 times in last 25 years. And I don't mean travelling, I mean relocating. And I don't count relocating within a country or city, I mean moving from one country to another.

What bothers me is not moving per ce or settling down. I know I will never settle down, mainly because I don't want to. Now what bothers me is the statement that everything comes to Rasi and no division chart can overrule what the Rasi says. They bloody can overrule Rasi! How many people have same Rasi as I do? I bet a lot. Take two exactly same Rasis of two people who leave essentially different lives, say one lives at the same postcode for half of the century, another moves from country to country, and you won't have any other choice but admitting that Rasi defines certain things but far from all of them
4th lord in 9th house aspected by exalted 12th lord and 5th lord is a rajyoga but also a yoga to go abroad. Saturn as 3L in 4H. Most of the planets in movable sign. Venus and Mercury are exchanging the sign . So Venus Mahadasha is actually like Mercury dasha the 7th lord [ foreign travel]. Veena Yoga in your chart is indicating your love for music and dance.It makes you dexterous with leadership qualities. You have a keen interest in the protection of environment.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”