Reading from the Moon for D60

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Reading from the Moon for D60

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 16 Aug 2017

Hi Learned members

Shilpa mentioned this point when she wrote about D60.

Yes, it is true.

As you know D60 is all about how past karma impact our lives. So it is also about we as spiritual beings, what we start off in life based on the spiritual blessings or curses given to us at birth.

Now we evolve from subtle to gross at birth through the guns, elements, sense organs and onward to the organs of action etc. leading to the mind. Intellect gives the ego to the mind where the maya becomes complete.

So at the mind level, the Moon, you can see clearly the past karma of the person, and how it changes in form so that it can have applicability in this present life. We take Vishottari Dasa from the Moon.

So looking from the Moon as Ascendant in D60, will give vial clues to the spiritual level of a person, or to put in another way, get glimpse on how his past karma is going to impact on his current life.

If you look from the Moon of my D60, Ketu is in own house in 5th bhava, Mars+Jupiter is in own house in 9th bhava, Mercury is in own house in 11th bhava, Moon and Sun exchange between 1st and 12th house leading finally to Moon in own house in 12th bhava, Sun in own house in 1st bhava and Venus next to Sun, Venus ruling 3rd house of powerful and 10th house of karma (10th is the 11th of the 12th house of D60, 12th being past karma and 10th generates further karma).

Sun+Venus is a mercenary position. It would have been better if Venus is 2nd to my Sun, but you cannot have everything can you? Jupiter from the 9th house aspectng on my Sun+Venus in the 1st house helps, making me more compassionate. I am glad!!!!!!

Best Regards
Mac Khoo Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Reading from the Moon for D60

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 16 Aug 2017

Actually my Venus is in Cancer in D60. Thus Venus is in the 12th in D60 taking Moon as the Lagna.

This after the exchange between the Sun and the Moon, the Sun is not conjuncting Venus.

There my comments about being mercenary does not apply in my chart.

Instead Venus being 12th to Sun in Leo in the Lagna shows prosperity through father.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 16 Aug 2017

Hi Learned :roll: Mac,

Indeed very interesting though classical texts says (and I quote): if Lagna lord exchanges with 12th lord then the person will be an imbecile, very mean, squanderer of wealth and indiscreet.

Moon and Moon Lagna is also hemmed between malefics and aspected by dushtana lords. So yes like you said ... can't have everything.

P.S for actually learned readers: Aspects, lordships, yogas are only with real positions of planets i.e. Rashi Chart. This post and thread should therefore be ignored.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 19 Aug 2017

Parasara says from D60 you can read everything. So one can read D60 just like the Rashi chart.

But since D60 is read for how past karma impact current life - primary karya house is 12th bhava- , and 60 is actually 12 x 5 meaning the future usage of past life karma, which is usage for this current life based on Parasar's dictum, we use D60 to read everthing, but restricted to how past life karma impact current life, we read D60 for that.

And we use Moon as the Lagna for reason given earlier.

The interchange here between 12th and 1st lord is good here because we have two Saatvic king and quuen of planets interchanging inbvolving their own Sattvic signs, Cancer and Leo. Plus the fact that the 5th and 9th lords touch every corner of the chart ie. have their influences.

Ketu here since it is in Sagittarius, can be considered a strong 5th lord aspecting Mercury and Rahu.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 19 Aug 2017

Don't forget the aspects of malefic lords and hemming between malefics takes anything that could have been good, away. And if you consider Sun and Moon as strong in your D60 then their lordship results (exchange) will come to pass.

And no Parashar doesn't say you can read D60 like the Rashi chart. He says and I quote: The Bhava whose lord is in a malefic shastiamsa will diminish, so says Garga and others. The bhava whose lord is in a benefic shodamsa flourishes. This is how the 16 vargas are to be evaluated.

Pay attention to the last line about how the Vargas are to be evaluated and get a real version of BPHS.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 23 Aug 2017

Yes, my Sun and Moon exchange did come to pass. My mother took a back seat to my affairs and my father came to the forefront. My mother was also ill during her last years, but she well nursed (Venus and 12th bhava).

My father is a cruel person in general, but eventually, in all every possible matter, he has a change of heart.

Even the elements of the planets are clearly revealed in this chart taking the Moon as an Ascendant.

Jupiter as ether protects. Mercury as Earth preserves and take the other elements to a higher level.

Saturn as wind, Moon and Venus and Water, Sun and Mars as fire, mutually cannot get along.

BUT Jupiter protects everything EXCEPT Venus (it does not receive Jupiter aspect). So part of my water element of Venus is not protected (eg. my father has first priority over sugar drink, although if I insist to take non-sugar drink, he relents - the Moon goes back to Cancer. But still Venus in 12th prospers so actually this is actually not a big issue, I can take a moderate number of cans of sugar drink and still come out strong).

No aspect between Mercury and Jupiter means the protection and preservation aspects do not work directly together to give inspirational knowledge of the highest order quickly - it has to work through the other planets of other elements.

Mercury does not preserve Mars, so part of fire is not taken to a higher level eg. I get good cooked food, but exotic cooked food incorporating spices and other exotic ingredients to take advantage of the heat of cooking, I seldom get to experience.

Yes, I know the dictum about the malefic and benefic Shastiamsas. All my planets can be said to be in POWERFUL and BENEFIC Shastiamsas except for Venus. But Venus in the 12th makes up for it somewhat eg. I come to enjoy music more intensely during my early 50s. But I am more amenable to seeing shows since at an early age and sometimes VERY INTENSELY. Films is sight (fire and hence Mars) but music is not, so Mars is involved. Films is life (Jupiter) but music is only partially so. The combined aspects of Mars and Jupiter on the 3rd bhava (the arts) helps to explain the film part.

Under BPHS 7.13 to 7.16 in the first part paragraph, Parasara stated........

........overall idndications from both Akshavedamsa and Shastiamsa..........

Immediately after that he then mentions about benefic and malefic Shastiamsas.

In fact he did not mention overall indications from Navamsa but only for spouse. So if you take the 7th from the Ascendant of Navamsa, it becomes an overall chart of yourself. This is a stronger Navamsa than the original Navamsa. But the original Navamsa is based on the 9th bhava. And since the 9th bhava tends to support the Ascendant, the original Navamsa can also be read as overal indications, but is a weak chart as indicated by Shilpa. Only people with strong Navamsa (dharma and hence religious or close relationship with the father) you can use it to read overall indications.

Nevertheless, the D-60 with Moon as Ascendant shows the karma you are going to experience in this current life as I indicated in my earlier answer, the other charts like Rasi etc. only show the blueprint. But Rasi has the additional function of the showing the details of the new karma you are going to generate in this current life, most notably the 10th, 6th and 11th bhava (11th because as you gain, new karma is generated). But all other bhavas also play a part in showing the new karma generated for the details. Yet D-60 also shows that although in a more overall manner.

So D-60 steers the ship you might even say.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I want to share about my Jupiter in the D-60 with Moon as the Lagna.

It rules the 5th going to the 9th. Parasara says about this position that the person is a ....

.....prince amongst men, he writes treatises.........

Jupiter rules 8th bhava as well in this chart.

I write about astrology.....in fact 8th being 2nd to 7th also covers business communications and so in a larger context it also covers marketing.....8th also covers business resources and so it covers human resources, business strategy (bird's eye view of business resources), logistics (movement of resources to achieve optimum benefits, just like the 2nd bhava covers how we manage our own personal resources in an optimum manner) etc......

I wrote two business dissertations just for my own personal fun of it......and I threw it away.....

:D :D

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Just a note to readers.....

If you have some spiritual products in mine that is rate......buy it or get it.........

You about Tri-Murthi Rurdraksha in that it gives the person great confidence in achieving something great in this world.

Well I got the counterpart of it which is a Tri-Murthi South Sea Pearl left over by someone.....also a Gauri-Sankar South Sea Pear.......

The latter helps me to flourish in all matters by gaining an even perspective of the Purusha and Prakriti part of it........

In fact I also got a South Sea Pear with no face except for two small cavities resembling the eyes of Shiva.

So if some spiritual item strikes you and you can afford it and if in the scriptures it is praised or extolled....BUY IT......you will not regret it.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 23 Aug 2017

The Sun and Moon exchange (per the previous sloke) means this: the person will be an imbecile, very mean, squanderer of wealth and indiscreet. Looks like it did come to pass.

The part of the Parashar verse that you need to focus on for how to evaluate a Varga is: The bhava whose lord is in a benefic shodamsa flourishes. This is how the 16 vargas are to be evaluated.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 28 Aug 2017

Rathore, who told you I am a squanderer of wealth, I am mean and am imbecile and that IT CAME TO PASS?

You do not know me at all.......please do not get personal with your comments and remarks.

In my D-16, Mercury, Moon and Jupiter are in Gemini and in a benefic shodasamsa. Mars in Taurus also in a benefic shodasamsa. Sun is Pisces also in a benefic shodasamsa. Saturn in Capricorn but retrogade, so it is moving towards Sagittarius and is attached to Gemini the opposite sign, both being benefic shodasamsa. Rahu and Ketu both in Sagittarius so also in a benefic shodasamsa. Venus in Libra so also in a benfic shodasamsa. I have written this before by the way.

Yes, my life actually is still in a flourishing mode.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Here is from Wikipedia :

If Jupiter, the Moon and the Lagna are aspected by Saturn, and if Jupiter is in the 9th house, the person born would be a Raja who would write on shastras of sciences (Brihat Jataka XV.4). Bhattotpala records that Kanada, Buddha, Panchashikha, Varahamihira and Brahmagupta were blessed with this yoga. Mandavya states that if there is a Raja Yoga along with this yoga, then the person will be not be a king but only a scientist, if there are two Raja yogas then there will be a ruling king and also a greater writer on sciences like Jina, Kasiraja, Sphujchvaja and Janaka were.

I have this yoga from D-60 taking the Moon as the Lagna.

My Jupiter is in the 9th. Saturn is in the 4th retrogade. So it can be assumed to be casting aspect from the 3rd. It cast an aspect on the Moon and Jupiter (two out of three - Lagna aside). And I have other TWO Raja Yogas in this chart.

As for the other Raja Yogas for this chart.

After Sun and Moon exchange, Moon is with Venus. Jupiter trining Sun, after Sun and Moon exchange, is also a Raja Yoga as 9th Lord aspecting the 1st Lord. And of course the conjunction of the Yogakaraka Mars with Jupiter, the trinal lord.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

For my D-16 :

Saturn should be attached to Cancer the opposite sign rather than Gemini, a typing error.

Saturn is more like Cancer rather than Capricorn, because it is retrogade, UNLESS it receives apsects from Moon or the friends of Moon, in which case it would exhibit Capricorn characteristics, the sign where it is placed.

Here Saturn is not receiving any aspects from the other planets.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In D-16 :

Mercury is a benefic, because it is associating with benefic planets, Moon and Jupiter.

Moon is a benefic, because it is more than 96 degrees away from the Sun (I am suing Anuradha's precept where the 96 degree points of the bright and dark halves of the Moon represents Rama and Krishn respectively).

So all the signs ruled by them are benefic shodiasamsas. I am reading from the divisional chart level as I subscribe to looking each divisional chart as a whole, but for the area in which they are covering, in D-16 in this case we are talking about the planets flourishing.

But based on Parasara dictum, this would also mean that the planets ruling the bhavas in the Rasi Chart would flourish for this D-16 dictum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can take the chart to the Rasi chart level to see its impact or read the dvisional chart for overall indications etc. if there is a specific dictum mentioned by Parasara for that divisional chart.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 28 Aug 2017

Mac, 😂 😅

Whatever is said is sourced through actual texts. So denying the verse shows that it has come to pass at least in part. If a citation somehow feels personal then please consider its an actual citation and not imagined by me personally.

I see you talk about Benefic shodasamsa. Looks like you are not aware between malefic and benefic signs. Not surprised that you are unaware of the very basics. Read BPHS and you will find that Even signs are benefic and Odd ones are malefic. So your D-16 is malefic except Mars. Saturn would have been in benefic D16 but I guess retrogression gymnastics moved it to Dhanu.

Also since raj yogas in your D60 are created through retro and exchange based aspect (both are not real Parashari rules) and other funny gymnastics, so they can only come to pass in a circus fashion.

Note for others: The citations are real but the application is not. Yogas are not applicable in divisions.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 29 Aug 2017

But you forgot this is my actual chart. The soul knows itself so can override whatever that is quoted, either truthfully or untruthfully or simply out of ignorance eg. by omitting to take into account of the scriptures or not subscribing to certain dictum like yogas not applicable to divisional charts (see the last part of this reply below). The soul represents dharma. That is why it is important to develop the soul before the embarking of astrology.

The thing about even signs being benefic and odd signs malefic is for signs in general, and this applies to the Rasi Chart. Even signs are more auspicious.

As for the D-16, the dictum when we refer to benefic or malefic signs, it is based on how we classify for calculating the strength for planets in divisional charts......like it should be in exaltation, moolatrikona, own, friend or benefic signs (here benefic signs refer to signs ruled by planet which are naturally benefic, and I assess natural beneficity of planets based on their positions in D-16 for the Moon and Mercury).

Some of the dictum like retro and exchange, it was by noted astrologers in the early 20th century to the 80s.....and I have tested it out and it works. Parasara never mentions about not using any additional dictum not espoused by him. Some of these outside of Parasara is the one developed by Krishnamurthy (K.P. astrology) which I have not tested, so I cannot vouch for it anyway.

Yogas are applicable in divisions........it works and most Western Vedic Astrologers and Indian Vedic Astrologers use it for Navamsa only.....only a few use it for other divisional charts.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

You are quoting things to suit your own purpose, which is not always correct (see earlier on my thinking about your responses), so my discussion with you should end here, otherwise you will be starting to rebut my earlier points when it has already been settled and you did not mention about it anymore then, but suddenly bring it up again which may confuse readers' train of though and hence they will be confused on what I say.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The point about you subscribing to certain dictum and not subscribing to others (even when it is mentioned by Parasara like in the case when you said Parasara never said you can read overall indications in a divisional chart and I quoted to prove you wrong and which you kept quiet, and hopefully you will not start rebutting now, but anyway I am not discussing with you anymore) is very real.....which would mean you always put yourself in the correct light as some readers may be unaware.

The other one is about the yoga. The exchange between the 12th and the 1st in my D-60 taking the Moon as Lagna, for example, you simply jump on the point that the exchange between the functional ruler of the 12th and 1st is bad, but forgot to mention that this is involving the two royal planets, Moon being spiritual would do good even in the 12th after the exchange, Venus gets enhanced after the exchange based on the general dictum that it is associating with the Moon, Venus+Moon also a Raja Yoga based on Jaimini, Venus gives prosperity in the 12th even if there is some spending involved, etc. (so all notwithstanding both Moon and Venus are enemies)

Combination of 5th, 4th and 9th lords like the Mars+Jupiter conjunction is Yoga, but you do not subscribed to yogas in the divisional charts (but then Parasara already mentioned you can read overall indications (meaning you can read yogas too) in D-60 and I have already mentioned to you and you kept quiet then and now suddenly bring this up all over again).

So there is personal attack on me (like using the word 'squandering' when I spend within my means and still have a lot of excess cash left and savings, for example), downgrading my reputation using erroneous way of stating facts about astrology and in general trying to confuse my reader. This thread is about my personal chart. Other astrologers keep quiet, but you have to insist of going through the mechanics in great detail and do it in a wrong way too.

Our discussion ends.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 29 Aug 2017

I just had to comment on the line: "But you forgot this is my actual chart. The soul knows itself so can override whatever that is quoted, either truthfully or untruthfully or simply out of ignorance "

So for example, if someone with venus in capricorn in the tenth house believes they in fact have malavya yoga because they feel the results of a powerful venus match them, then they do have it. :lol:

Basically you're saying we can just choose to override whatever is quoted in any text if our soul feels it as such.

And how does parashara saying we can read overall indications from d60 translates to "we can read it like a rasi chart" ? To me it just means we can judge how planets are effecting every area of our life based on which shastiamsa they fall in. Like we can see 7th lord's for marriage, 8th lord's d60 amsa for longevity, 5th lord's for children/mantra/etc...
Whereas other varga divisions just show a planets effect on certain area's of life (d10 profession/status..etc) except d45 and a couple others parashara also said we can see overall positive or negative effects too.

But anyway, as I've said in threads of yours before..... a problem is that you post so much about your own chart, whereas readers have no idea if it's all correct or not.

you can say things that "prove" how intelligent you are, or that you are so successful ,etc.. but how do we know? it's better to use examples of people others know, so that they can see concepts actually working (or not working. .. or use charts of readers (though I know no one really posts much questions anymore...also, it would be too much work for you, so I understand not answering all kinds of chart reading queries).

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 29 Aug 2017

Mac 😂😂

Thank you so much for explicitly showing the forum that you have no clue whatsover about actual Astrology.

Proof: The D16 dictum (using which you made extraordinary claims for your chart) is a misprint in Santhanam's BPHS. It actually says 'Shodasvargas' (all 16 divisions) and not 'Shodamsa' (D16). Verify that in any other BPHS or just by looking at the Sanskrit verse. 😅😅

Verse: The Bhava whose lord is in benefic Shodasvargas (and not Shodamsa) flourishes. This is how the 16 vargas (i.e. Shodasvargas) are to be evaluated.

This is an act of deep ignorance that your earlier posts explained away your D16 with a misprinted verse. To top that you don't even know the difference between malefic and benefic signs / divisions. So even your D16 explanation (using odd amsas as benefic) was laughable at best. 🤣🤣🤣

To top even that you said and I quote - As for the D16, the dictum when we refer to benefic or malefic signs, it is based on how we classify for calculating the strength for planets... and I assess natural beneficity of planets based on their positions in D-16 for the Moon and Mercury.

So above you dissected something (D16 dictum) that doesn't even exist! Talk about layers of ignorance. 😝😝😜

About your claim of me ignoring what Parashar said about reading overall indications from D60 etc. What's there to read into? What does overall 'indications' have to do with using Yogas in D60? Indications just mean that whatever amsa the planets have attained (such as 7th lord of D1 in certain navamsa) gives an 'indication' about marriage / spouse. Similarly 7th lord of D1 in a certain shastiamsa gives an overall 'indication' about all 7th lord results (spouse, curd, whatever). The word 'Indications' means what it means (hint, explanation etc.), look it up in the dictionary. It's not that hard. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Let's stay with the Astrological verses and not get into 'Soul' stuff because there is no proof that Soul can or cannot override things. So if you have the ability to have a real discussion then stay on the topic please.

There really never was a discussion here.