Interpreting Divisional charts

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
HelenBean
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Interpreting Divisional charts

Post by HelenBean » 27 Oct 2016

There seems to be a lot of different opinion about what factors are important in interpreting these charts so I just wanted to ask some questions:

1) Is it right that the most important factors to look at in the relevent divisional chart are the Karaka, the ruler of the relevent house in D-1, if there are any planets in the relevent house in the divisional chart and what houses these planets rule in the divisional chart, and the ASC ruler of the divisional chart?
I have read some sources that say you can read a divisional chart like a normal chart, and yet others who say planets don't even have degrees in divisional charts and therefore can't cast aspects. Which is correct?

2) I have read that the condition of a planet in a divisional chart will determin how that planet acts for the subject of the chart during its dasa period. But is this true for planets that are in general irrelevent to the particular chart? - For example, If the relevent planets to look at in your D-7 were Jupiter, Venus and Saturn, would it matter say if Mars was in detriment in that chart for his dasa period? - Or would you still get negative effects for children during this period?

3) Can mutual receptions reduce debilitation in divisional charts as well as in D-1? For example if Mars was in Cancer and the Moon in Scorpio, can these two planets help each other out in the divisional chart?

Thank you