Bhava chalit importance

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor
Bhava chalit importance

Post by Priya dhillon » 09 Aug 2016

Hie all learned members...

Can anyone clear my doubt...

I hv read this statement about bhav chalit that

if a planet is in 8th house in the lagna kundli but in 7th in chalit kundli, it means that you will get the result of 7th house during the Mahadasha/Sub-Dasha or Pratyantar Dasha period of that planet. Due to being in 8th in lagna chart, the result may be malefic, so it shows problem in marriage.

My question is... If we see houses ie 1st 2nd 3rd so on..from bhava chalit ...and again this statement is saying ...being in 8th from lagna. ..
Is it not lyk that we should take it as bhav 7th and instead of being in 8th we shud take the sign in which the planet is placed...
For example...as I have same position..

Cap asc ..
7th Lord in 8th along with 8th lord
But in bhava chalit it moves to 7th bhava...
So do I consider 8th house also...or should i see the chart as...7th Lord in 7th bhav...

Can anyone spare some time to predict regarding these position.. so that I can understand well...It would be highly appreciated...
Thank you. .
Last edited by Priya dhillon on 04 Oct 2016, edited 1 time in total.

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bhava chalit importance

Post by vidhyanine » 09 Aug 2016

There are different school of thoughts on Bhava Chalit. I personally follow the divisional charts to get a better understanding of the dasha and it's function pertaining to the specific area of concern.

Hope this helps,
Smile

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 11 Aug 2016

Thank you vidhyanine ji for the reply

I don't known much about astrology. .
So I just wanted to ask. ..should I look into bhava chalit for my chart analysis . ..or not...
As per ur saying...It seems that it has not much importance ...
Can u predict about this particular placement in my chart according to your way...so that I can get clarity about it.

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 11 Aug 2016

what city in punjab ?
Smile

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

vidhyanine wrote:
> what city in punjab ?

Its Amritsar punjab...

vidhyanine
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vidhyanine » 11 Aug 2016

Hi Priya,

I'm not sure why/how you're getting the 7th lord in the 8th house. Your 7th house Ruler Moon is in the 12th house of Sagitarrius. Unless I've entered something wrong.

You have Mars/Venus in the 7th house creating a Mangal Dosha. Mars aspecting Saturn and vice versa creates tension/stress in marital issues. Mars is also debilitated in the 7th in the sign of Cancer. Shows an aggressive / emotional spouse.
Smile

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Hi vidhyanine ji....

Yes ..you are mistaken...This is not my chart
I have Capricorn asc in both d1 and d9
May be u hv entered wrong timing..
It's 3.45 pm..

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Oops Srryy vidhya ji...
You got asc correct...but still it's not my chart..
Plz do verify ....
Thank you!
Thankyou

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 17 Aug 2016

Dear astrologers....kindly answer

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 12 Sep 2016

In Lagna Chart we see sign and aspects a planet will have, in Bhava Chalit Chart we see houses. So, Planets in 1st and 10th house in Lagna Chart getting shifted in the previous 12th and 9th house will be in 12th and 9th house but in the signs of 1th and 5th house and its aspects. Example. Saturn in 10th house in cancer in Lagna Chart getting shifted in previous 9th house will be in 9th but in cancer sign and its aspect will be 12,4,7th houses.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 21 Sep 2016

BOTH Bhava Chalit and Rasi Charts incorporate house placements.

Also Bhava Chalit Chart incorporate house aspects even amongst planets. It is something like Jaimini aspects (actually nadi aspects, see below) but you ignore the sign part.

In Rasi chart, you see the placement of planets in signs. In addition, Rasi Chart incorporate aspects amongst planets via signs even for empty houses similar to Jaimini. In addition Rasi Chart incorporate planet (graha) aspects.

The house placement and house aspect in Bhava Chalit Chart eventually work towards the house placement, sign aspect and planet aspect in the Rasi Chart. That is why the house placement, sign aspect and planet aspect in the Rasi chart is called the "soul" part of the analysis - it is the eventual outcome.

Let's take the Moon in my Chart.

In Bhava Chalit Chart my Moon is in the 8th. And it makes a house aspect on my 2nd. This means my mind at first blush is always on astrology or other mysterious occult things in life like omens, dreams, numerology etc. It aspects my 2nd house meaning I use these occult symbols in my everyday decision making and I try to incorporate it into my everyday life.

However, in Rasi Chart my Moon is in the 7th. People eventually would come to know about my prowess in astrology. 7th is the house of the world at large (7th is the 10th of the 10th of society and 4th of the 4th of the masses). In addition my 7th house Moon aspects my Ascendant in the Rasi Chart. Ascendant is the house of fame.

Moon is in Capricorn in my Rasi Chart. Capricorn being the natural sign for the 10th again shows my perfection to details for astrology 8th house matters. I am also interested in business administration 7th house matters but I am better in astrology. You can say that placements in the Bhava Chalit Chart shows what you are inherently good at and the placements in the Rasi Chart shows whether you can carry over the gift given in the Bhava Chalit to the Rasi so as to make use of it on the physical, material plane level even if the planet is placed in the 8th or 12th, the hidden houses, in the Rasi Chart, as they are all governed by the Lagna in the Rasi Chart ie. D-1.

Capricorn gets aspects from all the fixed signs except from Aquarius. This is the Jaimini sign aspect. So my 7th house Moon in the Rasi Chart gets tied with my 11th house of income, 5th house of creativity and 2nd house of skills again showing my gift of astrology (and let's not forget I have Jupiter in the 9th in the Bhava Chalit which is a gift for prediction going into the 8th in the Rasi Chart which means my inherent ability for prediction).

For graha asects, my Moon in the Rasi Chart gets aspected from Saturn participating in Parvatha Yoga, and Kalpadruma Yoga (for Bhava Chalit we only look at Yogas for those that do not involve signs, these yogas are real gifts just like placement of planets in the Bhava Chalit or they can show our foundations we can fall back on like Nabhasa Yogas in the Bhava Chalit. In the Rasi Chart ALL Yogas can be looked at). My Moon is also aspected by Venus in the Rasi Chart showing the immense succour I get from ferreting out astrological knowledge onto the material plane, since Venus representing Lakshmi governs the earthly plane and the Rasi Chart is the physical plane chart as already mentioned.

So in summary :

Bhava Chalit is for - house placement to look at gift or foundation, house aspects to show how your gifts or foundations are inter-related to give an overall whole of your inner person. Yogas which do not involve signs can be looked at here. They can also be considered as gifts or foundation.

Rasi Chart is for - sign placements to see your style, house placements to see how you use the gifts and foundations in the Bhava Chalit in the material physical plane, sign aspects to see how God has ordained your various facets of life are to be orgnaised in this current life for your experience (the dasha is also important of course), planetary aspects to see how you use your energy to further your goal on your material and physical plane. All yogas can be looked at in the Rasi Chart.

Best Regards
Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 21 Sep 2016, edited 4 times in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The house aspects you use in Bhava Chalit are the :

Trines for Auspiciousness Energy and Outcomes
Opposition for Support
3rd Aspect for Co-operation
11th for Goals

That is how your inner talents and foundations get organised. These are also basically nadi aspects.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Also if your bhava chalit and rasi charts are completely in sync, your planetary placements in the Rasi Chart are very strong, as indicated by the other forum members here. It also mean that you are blessed with the ability to use your gifts and foundation fully in this current life although your life tends to be more focalised in what you do. For example if you have an 8th Moon both in Rasi and Bhava Chalit, you love astrology, and you just love it per se as indicated by the 8th, and not like my Moon which is 8th in the Bhava Chalit but 7th in the Rasi, where I tend to correlate about my thoughts in astrology with my thoughts about the world.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What the above shows is that :

You can basically just use the Rasi Chart without the Bhava Chalit and make do with that. Most astrologers just use the Rasi Chart only.

But if you want more accuracy then you need to go for the Bhava Chalit as well.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In the last post above, the sentence containing the word "without" should instead be 'with". Corrected the typing error.
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 26 Sep 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 22 Sep 2016

Two additonal nadi aspects which can be used in the bhava chalit :

12th aspect for behind-the-scenes support (the bhava that is 12th to the bhava under consideration)
2nd aspect for close support and succour

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 08 Oct 2016

But note.... although in bhava chalit we look at house (nadi) aspects and not sign (jaimini or planetary) aspects, we can still make use of sign dispositorship and trace through the chain of dispositorship to see which house aspect has the final overriding importance.

Also in case two signs overlay each bhava (cannot be 3 or more signs for each bhava for a bhava chalit chart) rather than largely one sign overlaying each bhava, take the following rules :

1. The sign overlaying the meridian of the house (the cusp of the bhava in the Rasi chart) is more potent for the affairs of the bhava.

2. Starting from the left edge of the bhava in the bhava chalit, and running through the bhava to the next edge of the next bhava, the signs in succession would show the experience the native garners for that bhava as he progresses through life. So he will experience the effects of the 1st sign first and then the 2nd sign.