Navamsa's 7th house

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
divine_spark
Contributor
Contributor
Navamsa's 7th house

Post by divine_spark » 25 Jan 2016

Question... Does the navamsa's 7th house say more about the spouse's nature or the relationship itself?

Example, I have Sun/Mars/Saturn in Aries in the navamsa's 7th house. Does this portend more of a combative spouse, or a powerful personality? Or does it deny marriage, or show divorce?

Thank you.

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Navamsa's 7th house

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 25 Jan 2016

7th from navaamsha lagna can show
nature of spouse
about how the relationship is goin to be
and also, in general how you tend to interract with people in general in life as far as ethics is concerned,,,,
for instance- it is common to observe that people behave a particular way with other people in their lives as long as their relationship is stable,, and if for some reason it breaks, their behaviour with other people changes as a consequence of their mental perception about people's inherent selfishness etc changing,,,, now this isnt easily explainable with jus the D1, but navaamsha explains it beautifully,,,, for example a person who was very dedicated to his/her spouse may start to look for multiple relationships and not stay put with one particular partner etc etc after a break up....

as far as your D9 is concerened, exalted 11th lord, 7th lord in own+muulatrikoNa, yoga kaaraka getting niichabhanga all in the 7th shows a really strong natured spouse,,,,, all these malefics need not necessarily right away indicate a break up, since none of them are associated with 6/8/12....infact 5th+7th lords in 7th shows a very romantic realtionship :)

also check navaamshas of these planets, depending on whether the three planets are in deva/manushya/raakshasa amshas, the spouse will have the better(smooth)/intermediate/strong nature and characteristics indicated by sun+mars+saturn :)

divine_spark
Contributor
Contributor

Post by divine_spark » 26 Jan 2016

vyvastvatha,

Thank you for your quick response and informative reply! I really appreciate it :)

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 26 Jan 2016

im glad it helped :)

freeloader
Contributor
Contributor

Post by freeloader » 27 Jan 2016

'also check navaamshas of these planets, depending on whether the three planets are in deva/manushya/raakshasa amshas'

Please elaborate this section friend. Which gana is good or bad,etc? Example; how it will effects mars is in 7th house (aquarius) in navamsa, in manushya gana in the chart? Thank you.

divine_spark
Contributor
Contributor

Post by divine_spark » 27 Jan 2016

I haven't been able to find a resource to check these as a matter of fact. My chart only shows me the general rashis.

9/28/84
20:08
Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA ...if you have the time to check with your references.

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 27 Jan 2016

@ freeloader
no it's not about anything being good or bad....I 'll explain what i meant...
i must tell you though that this is still a nascent observation i have made in my own chart. (since amshas are given and i haven't found explanations for them, i have set out to make observations myself...and so obviously this needs to be tested in n-number of charts before conclusively saying how to use these amshas,,,, but i had such confidence in this nascent observation from my own chart that i probably came out too confident. sorry about that)

the thing is, there are three navaamshas given- deva, manushya and raakshasa.
and each planet and mathematical point falls in one of these three in navaamsha.

now, navaamsha is the chart that shows our abilities.{bphs}
and each of the nine planets represents different characteristics which may be seen as abilities
sun - confidence, ability to be ourselves
moon(mind) - ability to flow and change and adapt
mars - ability to swiftly complete a task and accomplish
mercury - analytical and learning abilities
jupiter- sum total of knowledge and the ability to apply them in the right context in the right way
venus - ability to enjoy and completely immerse ourselves in what ever we are doing
saturn - ability to work hard, patience and perseverance
raahu - desire
ketu - end of desire

now what i observed had to do with, the "efficiency" with which each of these things works in us.

let me explain with an example.
a person with mercury in deva amsha will find that, his/her ability to analyze anything will work efficiently, that is, as and when a situation arises, he/she analyzes it without having to put in effort.
that is: the analytical ability is neither too dormant nor so forceful as to spoil it.
a person with mercury in raakshasa amsha will find that hez not up analysis easily, it doesn't come naturally, and when he forces himself to analyze something, he may over-analyze.
a person with mercury in manushya amsha will find his analytical and learning abilities to be sometimes effortless, and at times operating in more than necessary amounts.

now would this extend to our spouse's nature as well ??
in my experience, yes. but we should remember that whatever we see about our spouse from our navaamsha, will only be "our view of our spouse based on our interaction with that person". so it's only our side of the story, and only the spouse's own chart reveal all about their true nature :)

so, mars in aquarius in 7th in manushyaamsha would mean that your interaction with your spouse may in some crunch situations be just as terse as needed and yet be complete, but at times you may be hesitant to communicate and may get rash...it may also show your spouse to be a person with a lot of energy but still the person maynot always be able to put it to effective use etc (this would only be your understanding of your spouse, and de spouse may actually be better or worse)....

PS: and i said "it's not about anything being good or bad" because navaamsha shows abilities we have built up upto this point, so if we want to, with effort, we can improve and evolve those abilities.

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 27 Jan 2016

@ divine_spark
planets----amsha in d9----my observation
sun----deva----balanced ego

moon----deva----adapts well

mars----raakshasa----slow to act, when you do, you do it more forcefully than necessary

mercury----deva----quick and efficient analysis and learning

jupiter----raakshasa----struggle to apply what ever you know

venus----deva----enjoying things just as much as should be enjoyed(forgive vague quantification)

saturn----deva----neither tend to overwork nor tend to slack off, right amount of patience

raahu----raakshasa----strong desire and affinity toward things shown by raahu's sign & house placement

ketu----raakshasa----do not know when to detach yourself from something OR too detached so as to be reckless about things shown by ketu's sign & house placement

divine_spark
Contributor
Contributor

Post by divine_spark » 27 Jan 2016

vyvastvatha,

so interesting! i never thought to analyze it that way. thank you for checking the nakshatra natures for me. lots of food for thought....

vyvasvatha manu
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vyvasvatha manu » 28 Jan 2016

glad to help divine_spark :)

Smacky
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Smacky » 02 Feb 2016

divine_spark wrote:Question... Does the navamsa's 7th house say more about the spouse's nature or the relationship itself?

Example, I have Sun/Mars/Saturn in Aries in the navamsa's 7th house. Does this portend more of a combative spouse, or a powerful personality? Or does it deny marriage, or show divorce?

Thank you.
Lagna Chart has enough information, focus on divisionals when there is a mismatch between what lagna chart promises and what you are actually getting for real.

Or feel free to waste the life trying to elucidate divisional charts and their promises.
Thanks,
Man can do whatever he wills, but he can never will what he wills.

djoe
Contributor
Contributor

Post by djoe » 03 Feb 2016

Ok Some really cool explanations here. Very enlightening!! Thanks for sharing to all Guru's. One question, in my navamsa chart, my D1 7th lord (shani) is in 7th house in Navamsa (taurus), in parivartan with 7th Navamsa lord (venus) in Aquarius (4th house in Navamsa chart) - so what does that signify?

ashy

Post by ashy » 01 Apr 2016

I read something recently that is interesting. I also have Aries as the 7th sign in navamsa and its lord Mars is sitting in the fourth house of navamsa.

What I read was that when Aries is the 7th navamsa, the spouse of the native takes an interest in sports. If the spouse had no previous interest in sports, then after marriage she would suddenly be interested in sports. I don't know if I read this in this forum or elsewhere, but it was an interesting prediction for me to examine.

Regards,
Ashwin