Good Link on Reading Divisional Charts

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Good Link on Reading Divisional Charts

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Sep 2015

Remember for Point (2) above, it is only a general statement that dusthanas within a bad divisional chart cannot possibly erase the bad effects via the Vipareet Raja Yoga concept AS IT STANDS.

But if within the bad divisional chart you have the ruler of a Dusthana chart going to another Dusthana, then of course to a certain extent a Vipareet Raja Yoga effect can occur (here the two minuses WITHIN THE BRACKETS cancel each other out).

Regards
Khoo

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Sep 2015

Now D40.

Parasara says D40 can be referenced to time auspicious and in auspicious events AS INDICATED IN THE RASI D-1 CHART.

Thus although D40 cannot be read independently as an overall chart like D9, D60 or D45, it still gives an overall picture of the Rasi D-1 chart as to what is auspicious and what is not and when that occur.

40 = 10 x 4

From the 10th bhava 4 houses away, you end up on the Ascendant. This is just like D45.

D9 where 9 = 3 x 3 landing on the 5th....gives Navamsa the future of your fate.......the latter part of your life.....but this could mean different things to different people....because there are other factors to consider too.....

(1) When the dasha of the 9th lord occur or the dasha of the planet sitting on the 9th.

(2) Big transits to the 9th like Jupiter and Saturn conjunct in the 9th both planets are also of long duration transits.

(3) Your Navamsa is very strong.... in which case you get the fruits early part of your life.

(4) The kalachakara or the wheel of time of the Rsasi D-1 chart dictates you taste the experience of the 9th bhava earlier than others. This is other than points (1) to (3). What this means is by dint of aspects and dispositorships, your 9th bhava gets activated although going by kalachakara (hope I use the correct term), a normal person would tend to experience the houses in the order of 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th etc. in clockwise order.

So suddenly some of you may get a chance to go to overseas on a pilgrimage earlier than others........and neither the dashas or transits or the Navamsa factor is affirming it. Then it must be some planetary configurations in your Rasi D-1 chart that includes the 9th bhava into the deal.

Otherwise a normal person would only experience the full 9th house effects after he has experienced the 1st to 8th bhava effects ie. when factors (1) to (4) is not stepping into the picture. So 9th is slightly ahead after halfway clockwise round the chart, hence people normally say under normal circumstances, a person would feel the 9th house effects only during the middle age.

Regards
Khoo

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In the paragraph talking about Point (4) above.....one of the sentences within it should read as :

(1) to (3)

rather than

(1) to (4)

since at that paragraph, we are talking about Point (4) and said that this effect is other than points (1) to (3) just mentioned before that paragraph.

I have made the amendment.

***********************************************************************************************************

The last portion of the post it was mentioned :

Points (1) to (4).

That IS CORRECT.....because over that last portion, we are talking IMPLICITLY about point (5) ie. if points (1) to (4) does not occur, then the normal person would get the effects of the navamsa around middle age.

Thanks.

Rgds
Khoo

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Let's see some possible combinations of lagnas of divisional charts which a planet can possibly rule and how it can affect the individual's life.

Assuming you have Mercury in the 11th bhava and Mercury rules the lagna of D16 (starting from the 4th it ends up on the 7th) and D81 (the hidden navamsa and also starting from the 9th, it ends up on the 5th). Mercury rules the 3rd and 12th bhavas. Mercury is also in Rohini nakshatra and Mercury is the significator of friendship.

The result speaks for itself.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

One other point. This point was not covered in the points I mentioned previously about the Navamsa.

If one's Navamsa is not good but the Rasi D-1 chart is good, then look to D12 and the D60. D12 shows one's last birth and D60 shows the summation of our past births (the exact number depends from individual to individual). D12 and D60 should then have the final say.

Why?

Navamsa is D9 - our past past birth as a deva. D12 is our past last birth - remember I mentioned in one of my earlier threads, the 12th bhava shows our expiation from our last birth before coming to this current birth of the 1st bhava. D60 being 12 X 5 shows all our past births (the number 12) cycled through (the number 5 - 5th bhava represents the future, but when connected to the 12th bhava, it shows the past that we have gone through by dint of effort of the soul, to reach our present stage) before coming to this current birth.

So if your life as a deva is not good (D9), then your D12 or D60 will make up for it.

(The concept of using D12 and D60 to break ties was suggested by Nikhil blog. But he use it to break ties whenever either D-1 or D-9 ie. one of them is no good. But I feel the breaking of ties is only when D-9 is not good but your D-1 is good. The reasons I have already expounded in this post).

Regards
Khoo

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Nikhil also mentioned that 5th bhava is the past. I disagree. 5th bhava is the future. But when 5th is connected with the 12th it shows the soul by dint of want, brings the person to his current life by going through the previous lives as I have already mentioned.

Thanks.

Regards
Khoo

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Mercury is Vishnu and thus Krishna (Moon is just Krishna which is one of the avatars of Vishnu - so depends on how you look at it).

Mercury can thus imitate any planets he wants. But he is most closely allied to Jupiter since Jupiter is divinity.

Mercury in 4th thus signify education in contrast to Mercury's general indication of learning (Krishna simply just indulge in his pastimes......when he is called for assistance, he will step in). In fact Moon is Krishna's main "vehicle" so to speak to drink the nectar of life on Earth.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Shiva also meditate on Krishna.

Why is why Shiva Lingam if made in quicksilver (Mercury's metal) gives more powerful results. (Whoever is a friend of Krishna, is also a friend of Shiva).

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Krishna love for Radha is shown by the fact that Mercury always listen to Venus.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

What I have said so far also explains why Mercury does better in Taurus than Libra. Venus rules both signs and Venus rules cattle and Taurus has more affinity with cattle than Libra. Also Moon, Krishna's Vehicle, is exalted in Taurus. Moon also represents dairy products which is a favourite of Krishna.

Mercury also does well in Leo ruled by the Sun which represents Shiva. Shiva is a great devotee of Krishna.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In the Navamsa, because

9 = 3 x 3

which starting from the 3rd lands on the 5th, shows how our actions impact our children,.

And of course 5th being the trine of the D-9 Lagna, it also shows the general good fortune we get from our children.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 11 Sep 2015

D20 the chart of spirituality has :

5 x 4 and also
10 x 2

The first falls on the spiritual house which is the 8th, and the second falls on the material house, the 11th.

This shows with spirituality, one can gain materially too. But the other way round is not possible.

Regards
Khoo

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Then we have the D108 and D144. D81 the hidden Navamsa, I have alresady covered earlier in this thread.

Also in earlier posts (outside of this thread) I did mention about the D108 and D144.

D108 which is

12 x 9

ends up in the 8th. Unlike D60 which is 12 x 5 which is the ultimate future, D108 is the ultimate past (the multiplicator 9 is involved) which is also the ultimate ultimate future (9th is the 5th of the 5th). This chart shows we ultimately go back to the seed (the 8th which is 9 houses from the 12th) from which we are born. Like the egg that broke open (on Vishnu's lap) and the world started forming.

Which spiritual realm do we go back to? To the river that separate between the spiritual world and the material world which is neither here nor there or to the various lokas or Krishna loka? This can be seen from D108.

D144 which is

12 x 12

ends up in the 11th. This chart shows ultimately everything comes the loka of Krishnsa. So we will ultimately go back to his realm. What position would we hold in his loka? As the gem trees in the planets revolving round his main planet or the petals of his lotus abode? Only gains operate in that realm...but within a spiritual envelope.

D150 which is outside of this post since it cannot be broken into multiplication factors of 12 or less, shows that we are ultimately THE RAYS OF KRISHNA. We are simply part of him.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Typing errors :

River mentioned above separates the spiritual and material world. Amended above.

Amended with explanation :

D108 being 12 x 9 means starting from the 12th, counting 9 houses away ends up on the 8th.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

We now come to the difference between Rahu and Ketu in terms of bondage.

Rahu's bondage is permanent.

Ketu's bondage is non-permanent but it depends whether it is afflicted or not. If it is not afflicted and placed in the correct house, it can give liberation from material bondage and all mundane events bondage or not. If it is afflicted the bondage which is more psychological than anything, can be very real.

Also depending on your Ketu, you can be released to different realms of spirituality as just discussed.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

In another classification system, Sun is supposed to be in charge of the lowest range of divisional charts, followed by the Moon and then the other planets. That is, each planet oversees a range of divisional charts starting from the Sun, then the Moon and then the planets in certain order.

Then how come the website that I reference to mention in its classification system, Moon oversees the lowest range of divisional charts and then the Sun......also no other planets are involved.

Well this classification system is also valid. The Moon has domain over mundane things predominantly and the Sun spiritual things predominantly. As I said earlier in this thread, the Sun is able to groom an individual and overlook whatever failings an individual has and groom him to be a better person. Moon not so - after all Durga was formed to get rid of demons. Also no other planets need be involved as the Sun and Moon both can take care of the whole universe in the absence of the other planets - they even defeat Mahapursha Yoga when conjuncting the said planet concerned and they are also not in charge of planetary wars. Also in an earlier post outside of this thread, I mentioned that Sun and Moon alone if exalted, gives greatness to a person OR the other five planets exalted (here I am all talking about Rasi D-1 chart, in Navamsa it is better that planets are in their own signs because Navamsa is Jupiter's chart, and Jupiter likes everything to be in order, when a planet is exalted he is acting outside his boudaries which is not to Jupiter's taste).

On the other hand the first classification where Sun has dominion over the lower range of divisional charts is also valid. Sun gives power and status for affairs that are performed in the 'light' both figuratively and literally like your career etc.
Moon has dominion over more spiritual things especially when it is acting as the Ascendant Lord and in touch with Saturn and since Saturn tries to stay clear of the Sun, and here in this classification Sun is ruling the lower range of divisional charts, Saturn will stay clear of that range. Thus Moon takes over the second range of divisional charts. Also since Sun does not cover all mundane things unlike the Moon under the other classification system, the other planets have to step in in order...in theory higher divisional charts are more spiritual but there is always a mixture of spirituality and materiality in any divisional chart.

You can use either classification system but in this thread we use the classification system involving the Moon (the lower range) and the Sun (the higher range) only.

astrolearn
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by astrolearn » 14 Sep 2015

Dear Khoo Hock Leong ,

How can we predict spiritual progress using D12,d20,D60 and D108. Please can you analyse this chart. he is my brother and he is going into spirituality completely. Please do suggest.

DOB :- 01/12/1978
Time :- 4:55
place :- Amravati Maharashtra India

Please do suggest sir.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 20 Dec 2015

What I am going to say is very important.

Take any divisional chart which the planet rules the corresponding Lagna.

By :

(1) Adding the digits of that said number.

(2) Factoring it into various two number factors whose product give that number. (So there may MORE THAN ONE such pair of factors).

Therefore :

(A) If in (1) the final sum corresponds to the house no. which the planet is in in the Rasi Chart OR

(B) if in (2), starting from the 1st number, if it is MORE THAN 12 expunge multiples of 12 from it, and going by the number of steps of the 2nd number, you end up in the house no. for which the planet is in in the Rasi Chart

That planet would have *****EXTRA POWER***** IN ADDITION TO IT BEING THE LAGNA LORD OF THE ASCENDANT OF THE SAID DIVISIONAL CHART, PERTAINING TO THAT DIVISIONAL CHART.

For example, my Venus is the Lagna Lord of D45. "45" is 9x5 or 5x9. Thus starting from the 9th bhava and going 5 steps or starting from the 5th bhava and going 9 steps, you end up in the 1st bhava. And my Venus in the Rasi Chart is in the 1st bhava. This shows my Venus in the Rasi Chart has extra power pertaining to D45 by virtue of its placement in the 1st bhava. Thus my Venus has that extra link with God because that is what D45 is about. D45 also shows your patriachal lineage, so my extra power of the occult, I would say I got from my grandmother. She was also constantly dabbling in magic.

Now "45" can also be adding up the digits leading to 9. If my Venus had been placed in the 9th bhava in the Rasi Chart, it would have that extra power too.

Also "45" can be 15 x 3. Expunging multiples of 12 of the 1st factor leaves it with "3" (the means you go through one cycle round the chart and ending on the 3rd bhava). Starting from the 3rd bhava, you go through 3 steps. That would be the 5th bhava. If this Venus ruling the Lagna of D45 had been placed in the 5th bhava in the Rasi Chart, it would have the extra power too.

And so on.

Other examples of this extra power is my Venus is ruling the Lagna of D24. "24" is 6x4 and also 12x2 etc. Now 12x2 means starting from the 12th bhava, it goes through 2 steps which again ends in the 1st bhava. So Venus again has an extra power pertaining to D24 and D24 stands for Siddhi, getting to Brahmha etc. amongst other things.

Venus in 6th bhava would also do the trick as summing up the digits of the number "24" would give 6.

Other examples.....

Mars is the Lagna Lord of my D10. My Mars is in the 10th bhava. Mars has extra power on all my career matters. If my Mars had been in the 1st bhava (adding up the digits of "1" and "0") or in the 7th bhava (5x2 or 2x5), it would have the extra power too. As a matter of fact Saturn being the ruler of the 10th in D10, it is taken as being a stronger significator for the D10. And Saturn is in the 7th bhava in the Rasi Chart. So Saturn has the extra power to have a say on career matters too.

My Venus, by the way if it s placed in the 5th bhava in the Rasi Chart, would have much say on D5 matters too since Venus is the Lagna Lord of D5. Similarly if Venus is placed in the 11th bhava or 2nd bhava ("1" + "1") in the Rasi Chart, it would gain extra power on it being the Lagna Lord of D11.

Enough examples to tell you what I mean.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Having said all that, since we are in Kali Yuga what we want is wealth and gains.

So the planet ruling the Lagna of D11 and Lagna of D2 is very important. D11, as mentioned earlier, incorporates D2 as well. The planet ruling the Lagna of D9 is important too since 9th is the 11th of the 11th.

My Sun ruling the Lagna of D9 is in the 12th in Rasi. It is also ruling the 2nd bhava in the Rasi Chart. Not so good.

Venus ruling the Lagna of D11 and ruling the 11th bhava in Rasi Chart is in the 1st. That is good. Also Venus in 2nd to the Sun, a place of protection. BECAUSE OF THIS YOGA, the Sun automatically becomes good too for financial matters.

Jupiter ruling the 9th bhava in the Rasi Chart aspecting the Sun is secondary.

Moon is ruling the Lagna of D2. It is aspecting back to the Ascendant where Venus is situated and it is the Lagna Lord. This is good too as it is helping Venus, the major money planet.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

From the above we learn additional points :

(1) Even if the planet is not placed in the focal bhava pertaining to the planet' acting as Lagna Lord of the said divisional chart, it can be ruling the focal bhava though. Thus Venus as Lagna Lord of D11 in my chart, although not placed in the 11th bhava, it is still ruling the 11th bhava in the Rasi Chart, so that it makes it something like a double significator for 11th house matters so to speak.

(2) If the planet is not placed in the focal bhava nor ruling the focal bhava that ties in with divisional chart for which the planet is the Lagna Lord, it could still be aspected by another planet or associate with another planet, who happens to rule that said bhava in the Rasi Chart. Thus my Sun as the Lagna Lord of D9, gets an aspect by Jupiter who rules the 9th bhava in the Rasi Chart, That makes the aspect more powerful pertaining to 9th house matters. But since both are found in dusthanas, the fortune may be curtailed BUT since Rahu is in the 1st dispositing both, during Rahu's dasa the fortune can be increased.

Best Regards
Hock Leong

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 18 Aug 2016

Thank you sir. .for the explanation :D
Very well explained