Does Navamsa chart become your "Rasi" chart after age 36?

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
simhamakaran
Does Navamsa chart become your "Rasi" chart after age 36?

Post by simhamakaran » 05 Jul 2015

This is a question for all the astrology gurus on this forum, Shilpa, CL et Al -

I have read in a lot of forums that after the age of 35-36, the Navamsa chart can be independently used to make predictions since it takes over from the Rasi chart, at this stage of a person's life? In your experience, is this correct - if so, what is the underlying principle here and what becomes the relevance of the Rasa chart, after this age?

Thank you

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Does Navamsa chart become your "Rasi" chart after age 36

Post by ChandraLagna » 15 Jul 2015

Lets think of a simple high school physics analogy here.

Lets set up an apparatus up at midnight such that white light passes through a prism and then leave the setup alone till next 120 hours, or 5 days.

Now is it possible that after 1 day, only the blue color is relevant and nothing else matters, including the white color that is being split ?
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Aravind
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Aravind » 16 Jul 2015

Sir,

In other words can we start giving more weightage to Navamsa after 35 or 36 yrs of age than the first 35-36 yrs ? I am only talking about the increase in the importance of Navamsa after a certain age but that doesnt mean no importance to the birth chart.

Thanks
Aravind

rudra28
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rudra28 » 17 Jul 2015

chandralagna Ji...
pending a reading for me....
do that please..

by the way what he went in simple world.

D-1 is main chart, it will show it result what ever your age shall may be,
what there division part show is :

let say d1 is your body how strong the inner organism are can be shown by different divisional chart.

lets say u have sun in 10th house in d-1 which is good but how good it is really will be known by the divisional chart.

simhamakaran

Post by simhamakaran » 17 Jul 2015

[quote="Aravind"]Sir,

In other words can we start giving more weightage to Navamsa after 35 or 36 yrs of age than the first 35-36 yrs ? I am only talking about the increase in the importance of Navamsa after a certain age but that doesnt mean no importance to the birth chart.

Thanks
Aravind[/quote]

Thank you rephrasing my question Aravind - that is exactly what I meant: will the relative importance of Navamsa significantly increase at a certain point of time whether it be 35-36 years? There seems to be special importance of Navamsa among divisional charts, which is why historically in South India, the Navamsa was always cast at the same time as Rasi chart.

To the physics analogy that CL has cited, I would pose a different analogy to clarify my question: when petroleum is extracted from the ground, it is refined many times over, with refined petrol being the most important product, while the other distillates, though useful as well, do not match in importance. Is Navamsa similar to the refined petrol, in terms of importance and is there a certain age/ stage, when it is triggered (while Rasa chart is similar to the unrefined petroleum extracted from the ground)? Thanks

rudra28
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rudra28 » 17 Jul 2015

Hi,

Search forum, do the homework,

To simplified, a diamond from a mine, after polish has certain more diamond is d1 polished is d9 and other division chart,

Like let say I have dasha of Jupiter , if in d10 if Jupiter is kendra, that period will be good for progress of my career depending on various factor.

Priya dhillon
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Priya dhillon » 17 Aug 2016

Hi learned members...

Jst want to share something
As per my own analysis of my charts
I have inner qualities of my d9
But I don't think they can b brought up on physical plane...
D9 is your inner nature
D1 is how you are in this world..like reality..
Like..What your chart is promising..
I have exalted planets in my d9..but I don't think they will help me after 36..as they are already operating inside me from the begining...
We all have that inner strength acc to d9
Which will support us whole life..
But on physical plane ..We remain as our D1..

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 12 Sep 2016

Lagna chart (D1) shows planetary alignment at the time of your birth. It shows your overall personality and basic information of life. But Navamsha chart (D9) can give you details about you. D9 is related with the 9th house of luck and fortune and holds the hidden undercurrent of our fate. We can get information about life after marriage, about spouse, married life basically it gives information about life in later stage after 32 of age.

D1 tells about physical existence, the environment you live in, the things you do. But D9 is related with the hidden forces or can say it show the invisible hand of fate that actually decides the results of your efforts. So D9 chart predict about the married life, about the spouse and the dignity of the planet. For example if a planet is debilitated in D1 but exalted in D9 It shows that planet will give good result later in life.

So D9 is helpful but only after the D1.

marian i.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marian i. » 06 Nov 2016

Hi,

No. Navamsa shows things from the time of birth of a native, it have nothing to do with an age or period. For ex., malefic planets in Lagna shows that the birth of the native was by C- section or by forceps etc. Or, some Yogas shows that the birth was in such and such family. So, what has this to do (birth by forceps) with the middle age?
Divisional charts based on divisions between 1 and 12 operate in the physical plane.
1-12 Physical Plane
13-24 Mental Plane
25-36 Sub-consciousness Plane
37 and above Karmic Plane

If you want to see the house of a person you look at the D-4 chart. If Mars and Ketu are in the 4th house, your house is made by bricks or clay etc. Those are physical things.
If you want to see the vehicles owned by someone, you must look in the D-16 chart etc.

The spirituality of a person is best seen in D-20 (of course, togheter with D-1 and D-9). A man can chant a mantra, and this can be seen in D-1, but what is in his mind, his real devotion is seen in D-20 (mental plane).

Again, Navamsa shows also physical things. Even your house you will see from the 4th house of Navamsa. An exalted planet there shows living in a palace etc.

These "concepts" as this of this thread are created by some astrologers who are half learned at best. We must study and try to understand only slokas given by Rishi. It is nothing to be discovered, because all it is created already by God.

Janmadyasya yatah I.1.2

"He [God] is that from which everything emanates" -Vedanta Sutra 1.1.2

Regards,
M

marian i.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marian i. » 06 Nov 2016

Edit for the last post:

D-16 shows how we feel about what we have in our lives, like cars, assets, books etc., and this is felt in the mind. The 4th house shows the contentment or the opposite about our assets, and the A4 (Arudha of 4th house) shows what we have as assets. Venus in exaltation in A4 shows a palace owned, but Saturn in 4th house shows a person dissatisfied with his palace etc.
Ex: Princes Charles has Jupiter in A4 aspected by Venus. This shows a rich person, owner of many good assets (D-16).

Regards,
M

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 07 Nov 2016

Hi Marion

By your same argument, the 9th bhava in the Navamsa should give results as soon as the foetus is born. But this cannot be so as the 9th deals with higher issues in life. For example even if you grant in-born morality in human beings, the application of ethics in everyday life requires some maturity in a person. Some faster, some slower and some cannot go beyond a maturity threshold which is just not acceptable by our society at this current age (we ignore cultural differences across countries for the moment which also comes under the 9th bhava).

What is closer to the truth is that the Navamsa gets more and more applicable to a person as he ages since the Navamsa is the detailed image of the 9th bhava in the Rasi chart. How fast it will have full applicability depends on various factors one of which is how soon the person gains maturity.

In fact a person under 12 years of age you cannot read anything accurately at all from the charts including the Rasi chart save mabye like death during infancy or childhood. This is acknowledged by Parasara. You may say as soon the person is born the charts are already there. Well what happens is that if you read the chart of a person before 12 years of age and then after, there will always be some point miss out. This is divinity for you. It is like consciousness by others on the chart plays a part in modification of the fate of a person. Just like quantum theory.

Anything mentioned in Shastras is also subject to the interpretation of each individual since within us we embody a part of God. Otherwise how come there are great strides made in hermeneutical studies in Vedic scriptures as well as research and intuition by many modern great seers in the field of Jyotish, proof being latter astrologers making use of their techniques.

Vedic science is the last subject that you should label it as if the label is cast in stone, although most of the basic tenets of Jyotish is largely correct if an ordinary layman with above average intelligence follows it verbatim.

Parasara did mention in his BPHS that the knowledge he is giving out in his compendium can be put to fuller use with each individual's discretion and self-knowledge. I guess past sages realise the consciousness within each of us has that link which connect us with God, some more, some less.

Regards
Khoo

marian i.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marian i. » 08 Nov 2016

Hi Khoo,

I am to bad in english speaking/ writing to be able to enter into philosophical debates with you :) .
All I wanted to say is that this type of understanding is wrong (read again the title of this topic). If nobody is saying nothing after a title like this, many persons may think that after the age of 35 or 36 we must look only at the Navamsa chart, not at the Rasi Chart. In all type of readings we must first look into the Rasi chart. In another place some people say that we must only look at the Navamsa for spirituality. This is equaly wrong etc.
I know that we must not read a chart till some age of the native, but this is another thing, has nothing to do with this issue. If a girl will get married at the age of 8 (like in some culture where the trace of vedic times still exists) I am sure that that marriage it is shown in Navamsa. Thus, what is the meaning with the age of 35, 36? If Saturn/ Rahu are in 9th in Navamsa, the father of the native can even die at a very young age (for the native). Again, this may happen much earlier than the 35,36 age. In the Bhagavad Gita Lord Krishna says that we are endowed with good or bad qualities even while in the mother womb. We can see many things even from the conception chart (Adana Chakra).

The Vedas are eternal and fixed, not in a continous transformation. What it is transformed (apparently) is only the re writen form in which Vedas are given by God to us in His form of VedaVyasa (which appears in every junction from an Era to another Era), and this is only for giving to us a chance to understand Vedas.

Not a single atom is outside God, or not a single atom can be created by us, the Jiva/ Atman souls. Although this can be frustrating for our Ahamkara, this is the Truth about which speaks the sutra given by by from the Vedanta Sutra (the greatest book of knowledge).

Regards,
M

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Nov 2016

Hi Marion

Yes, your reply hit all the right notes. Very good.

The only point I disagree is the one in the last paragraph where at least a single atom can be created by the jiva/atman souls provided sainthood is reached ie. Brahman realisation. It can be through yoga in this current lifetime or it can be through good karma obtained from a divine birth previously.

Regards
Khoo
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 10 Nov 2016, edited 1 time in total.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Nov 2016

These are the group of people referred to by Parasara by the way.

marian i.
Contributor
Contributor

Post by marian i. » 10 Nov 2016

Hi,

I think that you are referring to the Chapters 1 and 2 of BPHS of Parasara.
Lord Brahma did not created nothing in the sense that he did not created something out of nothing or by his own power (Sakti). He just created being guided and being empowered by God for the secondary Creation. He just received the "atoms" for the future Universe, in the same way a child receives a bag with Lego pieces from his parents. The sutra of Vedanta Sutra is referring to the fact that the "atoms" for Creation were not created by Lord Brahma or others (Prajapatis, Devas etc.). Many Sakti Avesha Avatars appeared in the Worlds, carrying with them only the "Lego pieces bag", not own bag. VedaVyasa, Buddha, Jesus Christ were all Sakty Avesha Avatars. When some job can be done by a Jiva soul (Brahmabhuta Soul, actually) God sends some Jiva soul for that business.
This is the definition of Absolute or God: He is always at the command, in the lives of Jivas (bounded souls) and Brahma Bhuta Souls (unbounded/ free souls). We can only choose between the position of a Jiva soul and that of a Brahma Bhuta soul. Our free will only is ours, and even God cannot force us to either love Him or to hate Him. If we hate Him, He immediately will create around us the Hell scene, but if we love Him, He immediately will create around us the Heaven Scene. But, again, he will create the scene, not us. This is taught in the sutra from Vedanta Sutra (1.1.2).

Regards,
M

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 13 Nov 2016

For the conditions that I mentioned above, we are no more bounded souls anymore.

Through Yoga (all the scriptural texts on the various kinds of Yogas one can pursue including reading on your own Vedic scriptures which is Yoga through knowledge) or through the realization of one's past birth from divinity (when we pray to God or when we have worked out our penance and also via use of mantras or storas, jappas, poorjas, yajnas etc.).

Use of Vedic Astrology in your own chart would make the path easier, like whether the planets promise the path to self-realisation more easily for you. This would boost more self-effort within you and help you to achieve your goal within a shorter period of time (sometimes you can be just given the grace of God without any effort on your own because of your past accumulated merits).

RohiniArabian
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re: Does Navamsa chart become your "Rasi" chart after age 36?

Post by RohiniArabian » 31 Jan 2017

I am writing from my own experience. This is the reason I searched through the web and found this forum at the first place. Right now, I am 34 years old. I feel strange things happening.
In my Rasi chart I have sun in scorpio 12th and the moon in taurus in 6th. They are not in 'strong' houses and most of my life I was withdrawn and shut away from others. My moon always gave me interest in arts, music, and I studied it throughout my whole life.

But. In my Navamsa, I have Sun in Leo in 10th house and the moon in Taurus in 7th house. And it is so strange how I have actually started living my Navamsa chart - I am no longer withdrawn, I have sudden inexplicable confidence and all I want to do is to share myself with the world. Other people no longer tire me, I feel myself connecting more with others. I feel strong, determined and cannot be swayed by anyone or anything. For example, recently I dared to go online and perform for some people, playing and singing. People joined the chatrooms and as I played, I saw many of them leave. At the end, noone was left. Before I could NEVER watch others leave my performance, that would crush me. Now - I don't care. It is my nature, I let my moon shine regardless of wether people watch or not. That did not diminish my confidence at all.

And that is why I started wandering if my Navamsa really is starting to become more dominant. Also, SAturn entered my first house recently and I also felt that heavily. Many nights I cried myself to sleep, because I suddenly became aware of the nothingness of life. I realized that one day all my loved ones will die (that was my greatest fear) and having overcome that fear now, I am finally free. I accept life with all its sorrows and I know that no matter how life can become tough - it won't last forever, as you will too go away and the pain will stop. I know it sounds gloomy, but it is actually liberating. That realization gave me the utmost power. I no longer care about anything, but letting myself be who I actually am.

So, from my own experience, I certainly can tell that Navamsa is more prominent in this age because I could never have this confidence before.

I hope it helps.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 01 Feb 2017

Hello Rohini/A,

Thanks for sharing. I have seen this reported by others as well that they find their observed situation more in line with their navamsha (chart). Most of these did not comment about their dasas, transits etc or even shared the birthdata for someone interested to take a meaningful look into the matter.

Namastey,
Rohiniranjan

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 31 May 2017

Dear simhamakaran
To the best of my knowledge classics dont support the concept of depending navamsa chart after the age of 36.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 29 May 2018

Navamsa is a division chart that focuses a native's relationship with his or her partners.

The classics have contemplated replacing the moon or the Sun because they are symbolic of mind and soul respectively.
It is a tradition in North India that the moon chart becomes prominent in the case of female natives, that is, a female native having 4th or 7th or 8th house mars or rahu ketu or from moon may be considered as a manglic match for a male manglic native.

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 31 May 2018

marian i. wrote:
08 Nov 2016

... not a single atom can be created by us, the Jiva/ Atman souls. Although this can be frustrating for our Ahamkara...
According to this source, man has been able to make many elements (atoms). The first part of your statement is correct perhaps, that all of these natural and synthetic elements are within the domain of GOD...!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthetic_element
Rohiniranjan

amanpatel77

Post by amanpatel77 » 21 Mar 2019

I would like to ask regarding Roshni's post about noticing changes in her 35th year.

This time period 33 - 36 years also coincides with Saturn activation period. It could be that the 2nd round of Saturn transits are opening up your karmas.

From philosophical point of view, Marian's comment makes sense. Even for me, the combination of D-1 and D-9 was used to predict my Father's demise in my childhood. If D-9 activates in 2nd half of our lives, then only D-1 should have been suffice to predict this.

There are few Jyotish Scholars who can predict everything just from D-9 chart, but that is because the Nakshatras and their padas are directly mapped from D-1 to D-9. So reading D-1 with nakshatras or D-9 with nakshatras in reverse will give same answers. But, I guess being able to do this requires a higher level of intuition power.

light1

Post by light1 » 07 Apr 2019

Hi
I am beginner . So please forgive if I am being naive.
How important is a Navamsa chart . what can I learn from it . Is it the same as D-9 chart ?
I came across a Scorpio ascendant chart which has venus in cancer in Rasi chart and Venus debliated in Virgo in Navamsa. What can we say about this individuals relationships , love life , luxury etc.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 07 Apr 2019

Yes, the navamsa chart is called D-9

light1

Post by light1 » 07 Apr 2019

thanks for the clarification @ revribhav
For a Scorpio ascendant chart which has venus in cancer in Rasi chart and debliated Venus (Virgo) in Navamsa. What can we say about this individuals relationships , love life , luxury etc.