How and When do I use the navamsa/D9/antenna signal?

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
tandav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
How and When do I use the navamsa/D9/antenna signal?

Post by tandav » 21 Jun 2015

This question has occurred to me ever since I heard it existed. I see it appear alongside natal charts but that's pretty much it. I don't know what to do with it. I feel like its the dessert to my meal and I don't know how to eat it. Sad.

Until now the only thing I can do with a navamsa is check the strengths of planets. If debilitated but exalted in navamsa, good. Other way around, bad. That much I get, but whats next?

Its sensitive to the birth time and I'm really not sure if I should count houses or not. Experts have preached that it shouldn't be read as a natal chart, so do houses matter? I mean unless the parents were careful enough to record the time on the dot, wouldn't it be safer to not count houses? Or do you need houses in navamsa?

Do aspects and yogas apply to navamsa? If so, how do they differ from the natal chart? Saturn looking at my ascendant in D1 surely can't mean the same thing in D9? Can it? Things like this confuse me.

And my really desperate question: How do I read conjunctions in the navamsa. I created an entire thread for this question and no one replied. So I humbly ask again. When interpreting conjunctions of planets in navamsa, do I treat it like basic conjunctions or do I refer back to the D1 chart? Arbitrary example: Mars Venus conjunction in the navamsa. In D1, Venus is in 8th house and Mars in 12th. Could this suggest accidents/hospitalization? Is this how conjunctions in D9 are interpreted?

I know I'm asking a lot, but this is mainly because the answers are not clear. There seems to be different ways to reading a navamsa, and unfortunately I don't know even one. I kindly request astrologers/learners to simply give me some pointers. One liners will do. Just some helpful hints to using a navamsa and hopefully clearing up my never ending questions :)

Thanks for the read!

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: How and When do I use the navamsa/D9/antenna signal?

Post by Dr Neeraj » 22 Jun 2015

Dear Tandav
You've asked very pertinent question and I doubt whether there can be a simple answer.
Plz see if Mars is at 1 deg in Aries and Sun is in Scorpio at 21 deg then both of them are in Aries navamsa despite the fact that both of them are > 180 deg apart. So literally conjunction in D-9 have no meaning.
As per my understanding any planet exerts 3 types of energy: rashi, navamsa and nakshatra
Plz read my opinion on http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =5&t=13862

Sh KN Rao sir advises to take D-9 as a separate chart and read it like a birth chart considering all aspects, conjunction, rajyogas etc. However many authors advises just to see the dignity of the planets in D-9.

Nadi astrology uses D-9 a lot and there are terms like Vittamsa, Vikramsa, Nidhansa etc
I've written about them on http://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/ph ... =5&t=29319

Do lets not conclude anything and keep exploring this wonderful science to arrive some definitive conclusion.

God bless you
Neeraj

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 22 Jun 2015

Like you discovered there are two schools of thought.

You would want to study a few classics cover to cover before leaning towards and testing both schools of thought.
You may start with Brihat Jatak.

VioletTwilight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by VioletTwilight » 22 Jun 2015

Navamsa is not showing physical real-estate but internal connections between nakshatra padas (each nakshatra pada = 1 navamsa house). So, one way is to go deeper in to nakshatras to see what navamsas could mean.

Other way is to consider Navamsa as chart of your spouse with kaaraka bhava (7th house) representing them. Start reading from their point of you (for people in relationships), and match how navamsa works.

Of course, there are other standard ways of reading classics, and scouring for what experts have said and trying them out.

neharika
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by neharika » 10 Aug 2015

Navmansha chart helps in really knowing which planets are really powerful as the same planet might in different house in birth chart but for Navmansha it might be different house. Navmansha chart should be read after you are 28 years old and it shows what you really have become. Moreover, for yogas the D-9 chart is referred. I heard krs channel and Kapiel describes relation between D9 and birth chart. If birth chart is tv then d9 is signal and both are required for predictions.

tanmish

Post by tanmish » 11 Aug 2015

Neharika -

I think you're confused about Navamsha. It is used mainly to validate the placements found in main Rashi or D-1 chart. There are no yogas, drishtis (aspects), conjunctions or doshas in Navamsha, from what I've read.

D-9 is used to assess the dignity (strength) of planets - which ones are Bhavottama, Vargottama (in the same Bhava or Rashi as in D-1) and therefore 100% strength, which ones at 75%, 50%, 25% and so on.

Also, I would not lend too much credibility to that KRS channel guy :lol:

TM

neharika
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by neharika » 12 Aug 2015

Tanmish,

Thanks! Can you please tell me which website can be referred for learning.

Best,
Neharika