A strong birth chart and a weak navamasa - good or bad?

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
kaajaalr
A strong birth chart and a weak navamasa - good or bad?

Post by kaajaalr » 09 Feb 2015

When I started reading into astrology I was very happy with my birth chart
I am a cancer ascendant with moon in its own first house
Yogakaraka Mars exalted in Capricorn in the 7th house
Jupiter in its own 9th house, though combust with sun
Venus in the 10th house of mars (exalted in 7th)
Ppl told me i had good yogas and an excellent chart

But as i gained more knowledge I realise while my birth chart is fantastic my navamasa, dashamasa and nakshatra placement is weak ......sub charts have debilitated planets in bad houses and no good yogas....
Mars is debilitated in cancer in the navamansa in the 8th house and with Venus weakening it too
Mercury is vargotamma but in 12th house in birth chart and 3rd house in navamansa
Jupiter is combust with Sun again

So how does this change the interpretation of my birth chart....I am running Venus Mahadasha from 2006, according to my birth chart it should be the golden period of my life but Venus is in the 8th with a debilitated mars in my navamansa so what happens if you have a good birth chart and a weak navamasa....will the promises of my birth chart get delayed or denied or 'reduced in effect'?

DOB 23/03/1975
Time 14.45
Place Agra UP

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: A strong birth chart and a weak navamasa - good or bad?

Post by vedicmaths » 14 Feb 2015

Hi kaajaair,

Your chart is an interesting one . Your life has begun and proceeded with dasas of planets placed in dustanas and bhadhaka.
Can you pl tell how were the following periods professionaly ?

1. 2010-11-04 - 2012-01-02
2. 2012-01-02 - 2015-01-02

regards
vedicmaths

kaajaalr

Post by kaajaalr » 15 Feb 2015

Hi Vedic Maths,

Thanks for your reply.

After my MBA I had an excellent career esp from 1998 to 2008. Obviously there were ups and down and minor issues during these years but overall I kept growing and doing better in salary and designation terms. In early 2009, the company I was working with had huge pay cuts due to the recession in USA and I was affected too. I was AVP- Marketing when I quit in mid 2009. I quit coz I got pregnant (doctors advise as I had a miscarriage before and also other family issues, my mil was diagnosed with cancer). I kept getting occasional consulting assignments in 2010-2012 making me feel I could get back to work anytime (2010-11-04 - 2012-01-02).

However I am hunting for suitable work from last 2 years. I got two small consulting assignments in the period July _ Oct 2014 but otherwise it has been a struggle and still is. I think the career break has ruined my career :( or maybe something has changed in my stars wrt my profession. I feel completely capable but I get no interview calls or offers, got one offer in two years offering me half the salary of my peers, leading to frustration (2012-01-02 - 2015-01-02).

Best Regards,

Kaajaalr

kaajaalr

Post by kaajaalr » 16 Feb 2015

Dear Vedic Maths,

Also now I have one more question if I run dasas of planets placed in dustanas and bhadhaka during the majority of my life does the promise of my birth chart get cancelled?

Best Regards,
Kaajaal r
Student of Astrology

vedicmaths
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedicmaths » 20 Feb 2015

Hi kaajaair

From what you wrote,the first thing i observed is that KETU dasa had been good to you in profession. Ketu is in
so called bhadaka shetra in rasi and in 8th in dasamsa !. Yet it had been good.

Antar periods of Venus and Sun in Venus dasa had been good. Moon antar gave you a child, but took away the job
which often happens with women.

Interestingly, Mars which is exalted in 7th is the tenth lord in rasi. It is placed in tenth to tenth, which should have
been good. Its antar was in 1. 2010-11-04 - 2012-01-02 . Mars is placed in 8th in Dasamsa as well as in 8th (neecha) in navamsa. So a ucha graha in rasi, failed to deliver in full swing. It just kept some contracts alive.

Rahu antar followed in 2. 2012-01-02 - 2015-01-02. It gave you nothing professionally.

Jupiter antar, running right now should do you some good as it is placed in the house of bhagya along with second
lord Sun. Jupiter being chara dara karaka in your chart can give you some wealth through your partner.

Jupiter weak in dasamsa placed along with the 12 lord sun may not give you a job. But i have a feeling such
a wonderful placement of jupiter and sun will not go a 'waste'. Do you think in any way that you can do
some job during jupiter's antar ? anything connected to jupiter....Right now, transit jupiter is close to your
lagna , the seat of intelligence. Use it.

Should Venus be allowed to have its say ? The first one fourth of it alone had been good. The second part
did not give you anything professionally.

regards
vedicmaths