What Bhava Ratnakara Has to Say About D10

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
What Bhava Ratnakara Has to Say About D10

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 25 Nov 2014

Hi Learned Members

See the Lana type for your D10. Predict accordingly. For example my D10 has Aires rising. Under Aires Lagna BR ( Bhavartha Ratnakara) says that :

If Jupiter aspects Sun, Sun becomes a yogakaraka. The same cannot be said of Venus.

In my D10 Sun conjuncts Jupitrr conjuncts Rahu. It shows that I should go for positions involving legal and compliance matters in a higher executive position.

D10 shows what you are good at and what you actually do. Navamsa shows what you are good at in a general trend fashion, mabye the series of jobs you have gone through.

BR has a section entitled Education Yogas but it is a misnomer. The section actually talks about skills and talent which you can look at the D10 instead of D9 for the reason given earlier.

Mercury in the 4th denotes someone good in astrology.

Sun conjunct Rahu shows someone good in astrology and poisons.

I have all of these. Poisons can be interpreted as giving remedial measures as you need anti-toxin to counteract toxin.

Best regards
Hock Leong
Last edited by Khoo Hock Leong on 25 Nov 2014, edited 1 time in total.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: What Bhava Ratnakara Has to Say About D10

Post by ashtalakshmi » 25 Nov 2014

Dear Khoo,
What does it mean if D10 has libra lagna(vargotham) with sun and moon conjuncting in the 10th house and retro jupiter in D10 lagna?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Amended the 2nd last paragraph in my last post on the point about Sun conjucting Rahu in the 5th. (You do not need Mercury as well although Mercury can substitute Sun for the said Yoga).

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Ashtalakshmi,

Vargottam for D10 usually shows someone who is ambitious although classics only use the term vargottam for D9. You enjoy careers that serve the masses like customer service or community work. Saturn is a yogakaraka for a Libra Ascendant, Jupiter ruling 3rd for a Libra Ascendant shows someone who puts in a lot of dharmic elements in your assistance for the needy.

Sun conjuct Moon in 10th for a Libra Asc further shows you want to do a good job regardless of gains. Here the 11th lord goes to the 10th instead of the 10th going into the 11th.

Jupiter in Lagna retrogading further your altruistic attitude towards career matters.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Dear Khoo, first of all thanks a lot for replying.I never really beleived you would reply my question :D

And you are so true that I am extremely ambitious w.r.to my career and also a very hardworking person .
I always worry about my country's current situation and people being treated unfairly by the politicians who are irresponsible towards their duties.Given a chance , I would love to come to power and bring a massive social change.

I am very dharmic as you pointed out and also materialistic by nature ( trying to make my own fortune)but definitely not for other people's money.I am very particualar about these two things.

So do you say 11th lord in 10th is not a good thing?

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry I didnt know vargotham was used only for D9.
But actually my D9 is also vargotham.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

And yes my career has always been related to serving the masses .You pointed out 100% perfectly.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

On the contrary what I said was 11th lord going to the 10th is a good thing. Re-read my first reply to you.

It shows that you believe in doing a good job rather than just concentrating outright gains.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh thank you Khoo.
I didnt understand it correctly.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 26 Nov 2014

Whats your opinion on the effects of Dhan yoga combinations in D10?

And does th Bhava Ratnakara say anything specifically about D10 combinations with D1 planets?
example like the placement of Rasi's 10th Lord in D10... or the Ascendant lords placement in D10
(I guess I'm asking about those "rasi tulya" types of techniques here)

Thanks

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 26 Nov 2014

Bhavartha Ratnakara does not mention D10 by name. But under the EducatioLagna n Yogas section, it talk about skills and talents which is eminently suited for livelihood matters if read from the D10. My own chart confirms this.

And of course the general yogas found elsewhere including the determination of yogakarakas under the Lagna section should be applicable to all divisional charts including D10 but evaluated under the divisionsl chart's context.

Like my Sun in D10 with an Aires Lagna which is aspected by Jupiter becomes a yogakaraka for Sun related jobs. D10 also shows somewhat the kind of person you are actually.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 27 Nov 2014

Very interesting, thank you.

Would you give more importance to D10 lagna in this case? Or which is most important for checking talents, it is simply which planets are the most "powerful"

I have Mercury-Jupiter-Venus forming saraswati(+other) yoga in my D10 lagna, in Pisces.
Moon is in 4th house, so they are in 10th from moon (not sure if chandra lagna takes as much importance in d10 as rasi though..does form gaja-kesari at least)

Do you find any Dhan yogas in your D10 gave effects like bringing great gains in career during their periods?

Sorry, final question: Did you post about th "EducatioLagna" B.Ratnakara section that talks about skills and talents, in a different thread? I'll go search for it. Sounds interesting.

Thanks again.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 27 Nov 2014

Sun+Jupiter in the 5th Bhava give me gains during Jupiter period. Because of Rahu adding its effects, I was mostly in the computer line. But towards the end of the Jupiter period I manage to secure a government job.

Saturn period which continues also saw me continuing with the job because Sun+Jupiter was impacting Saturn. But I was interested in business administration (Rahu has a close connection with the 7th Bhava dealing with business) so I switched back to the private sector since Rahu+Saturn was linked and Saturn was also conjuncting Ketu in its own sign which denotes changes.

Currently Saturn+Rahu is my dasha and thus bring to the forefront my recollection of this. Saturn dasa always bring in restlessness and I was restless for a change actually even though I could have stayed as my Saturn was quite powerful in the 11th.

If I am not mistaken, Saraswati Yoga has to do with one of the planets of Jupiter, Mercury or Venus (or is it only Mercury and Venus OR Mercury OR Venus - can't remember) being placed in the 2nd house. Anyway, having these three planets in Lagna shows riches in your career.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Oh, my mistake. I read your older reply quick, and thought you had Sun in Lagna of d10.
Government job is not surprising indeed, with sun/jup/rahu combination , very nice.

I was told I had saraswati in d10 from Vaughn paul manley a while ago during a reading, but then I have BV Raman's yoga book and it says " Jupiter, Venus and Mercury occupy Lagna, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 7th,9th or 10th either jointly or severally, and Jupiter being in his own, exaltation. " when I google it seems most people mention it happening in kendra/trine or 2nd.
But yes, nevertheless those 3 in lagna should be positive I assume, saraswati or not.

Thanks again

Oh, in the book "Vargas: a Vedic Approach " by Raj Kumar Lt. Col.
(found here: http://www.indiadivine.org/content/file ... roach-pdf/)

I notice he uses a technique where he checks which house in rasi has become d1 lagna, and gives some effects on profession based on that.
ex: someone who's D1 lagna is 3rd house in rasi may work in computers or media, etc.

But there's no "list" or anything like that explaining the effects of each house.
I'm wondering have you come across this technique (or something similar) in any other text?

I'm curious as my d10 lagna is rasi 10th house, that seems powerful / positive.
And you have the same thing (If I'm correct you're cancer rising) with aries as D10 lagna...

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

The technique by Raj Kumar seems to work for me too. I have Cancer rising and it falls on the 4th of D10. It shows occupations involving education or educational institutions or where a touch of counselling is required. I will do well in positions where I am the boss like a small setup. But it also show if I work in a large setup with many departments, my relationship with the departmental supervisor would be good. His or her decision about me would always be in my favour - I have Metcury + Venus there in the 4th Bhava of D10 but unorthodoxy of management would be in evidence.

The above technique is delving into details. From the bird's eye view, going into the nitty gritty of D10.

As for D10 Lagna superimposing onto D1, the house it falls to shows the relationship between the 10th and the said house. So if it is 3rd house, then it shows in D1, one's 10th house and 3rd house are related. In my case it is the 10th house itself, so the 10th house is doubly emphasised.

The above technique is searching for the house which has a relationship with the 10th house in the D1 ( or any house depending on which divisional chart lagna you are talking about).

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the reply explaining it into further details.
I have the same situation as you as far as superimposed rasi/d10 houses goes. I am Gem ascedant rasi, D10 pisces ascendant. So d1 lag is 4th house, and d10 lag is rasi 10th house too.

And interesting if we do this technique to all other divisional charts as well..

But as for d10(since this is the thread topic, I don't want to derail it from d10) - what is your opinion on vargottama? (lagna and planets).
I know most tend to focus on Navamsa only when talking about vargottama, though I remember stumbling on various other websites where someone would use vargottama in D10 and speak similarly about it improving(usually) the planets effects..
though I cannot remember which sites (random blogs or other forums I found on google)...

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Vargottam on the Lagna for whatever divisional chart will tend to emphasize the context in which that divisional chart is supposed to be used for like D10 for ambition, D9 for luck and D4 for fixed assets and general fortune.

Planet vargottam would mean the planet's power is enhanced in that divisional chart provided it is not placed in Dusthana unless that dudthana is the primary karya house for that divisional chart.

Bhavam vargottam where the planet is placed in the same bhava in D1 and the respective divisional chart can mean 2 things :

(1) If that divisionsl chart can be read as an overall chart on its own, it means the planet is strong in that bhava and behaves like a kendra there. This is especially true for bhavam vargottam involving the Navamsa and less potent for D45, D60, D7 and D12.

(2) In all other divisional charts, bhavam vargottam means that that bhava becomes very strong for that divisional chsrt as a result of the planet being placed there. Whether it can be used for predictive purposes would depend on whether that bhava in question is a primary or sexondary karya house for that divisional chart.

You can try out the various principles I have told you yourself. I do astrology only for the purpose of relaxation - but that may change in the future.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for that Khoo, I appreciate that information.

My saturn is bhava vargottam in d10 though 6th house in d1+10. I'm currently running saturn MD,
Though if I use a slightly different ayanamsa (Fagan or one forum member I believe it was elipsis a while ago told me to try "Adding 00.34.29 to traditional lahiri") saturn moves into fifth bhava in d10.
It's still early in the dasha (sat-sat) so I will wait a bit more before judging its effects more critically.

And I assume a planet both vargottama +bhava vargottama would be very much strengthened.
especially if own or exalted...

Anyway, thanks again, and I never expected you to get into a chart reading for myself or anything like that. I remember reading in an old post you told another member you're not here to do readings. I understand the feeling of doing astrology only for relaxation / hobby.