dasamsa with even-sign reversal in Jhora...??

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
dasamsa with even-sign reversal in Jhora...??

Post by GNE » 29 Sep 2014

Hey everyone,
I noticed in jhora, when using author PVR N Rao's settings he uses a different dasamsa.
one that is called: ""Parasara dasamsa with even-sign reversal (start from reverse 9th and go reverse)""

Is there any merit to this d10? Have any of you used it?

I am asking here and not e-mailing jhora author himself as obviously he will defend his choice.
I'd like to hear if anyone else has used it or knows anything about it?

thank you

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: dasamsa with even-sign reversal in Jhora...??

Post by GNE » 02 Oct 2014

No one?
alright, I guess don't use the jhora author settings. I suspect they're crazy anyway.
not sure what PVR rao does it.

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 03 Oct 2014

Well, I have tried it. Did not give any consistent results. But then neither does the traditional one.

If you have not gone through the case studies in his article on the his version of D-10, do go through them. It is supposed to be used in conjunction with dvisional vimsottari for D-10.
CRS

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 04 Oct 2014

Thanks for the reply lovacrs, glad to hear someone else at least tested it too.

I found it surprisingly fit and worked for a couple charts at first....but then didn't fit like the next 15 that I checked.
so figure it was just luck that it seemed to fit the first two (My friend and my dad's).
I feel for a chart / ayanamsa style to be trusted it needs to work at least 80% of the time to me. ...ideally 100% of course....

I will google his case studies on D10 now.

but of course before that one main question I guess that needs solving is, how to read d10 properly anyway...some read it like a rasi, others just check the signs planets are in, or just the 1st/10th house... etc...

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 04 Oct 2014

You can find PVRN's articles on vedicastrologer.org.
I feel for a chart / ayanamsa style to be trusted it needs to work at least 80% of the time to me. ...ideally 100% of course....
This, I think is a tall order. Some have possibly achieved this in prediction or while dealing with specific questions. But testing of individual rules or even a set of rules will probably bever reach such percentage. This does not mean that you discard it, since in cases where it matches, it does so uncannily that you will find it impossible to conclude that it was merely coincidental.
but of course before that one main question I guess that needs solving is, how to read d10 properly anyway...some read it like a rasi, others just check the signs planets are in, or just the 1st/10th house... etc...
Well! The last word has not yet been said on this issue. You can see the threads (if you have not already)

https://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/p ... =6&t=23115 and
https://www.lightonvedicastrology.com/p ... =6&t=26068
CRS

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 04 Oct 2014

Yeah it is a tall order, I agree.
just to me personally, I wouldn't trust something if it wasn't working about 8/10 times. I would end up questioning it, and thus getting no help from reading the chart.

I have found some things matching so uncannily like you say, that I don't question them further.

But for something like Dasamsa...if all the sudden I see one person use a completely different one then everyone else, then I feel it's only smart to question it.
Not that you were saying not to question it, I know. :)

Thank you for the thread links, I have read through that one from rathore a while ago,
and will now go through yours on the dasamsa case study now. Very interesting, thank you !