Deva keralam - chandrakala nadi Doubt

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ssnov
Contributor
Contributor
Deva keralam - chandrakala nadi Doubt

Post by ssnov » 14 Feb 2014

Hello All,

Recentanly was reading Devakeralam - chandrakala nadi

In one of sloka from book 2 on page 55 onwards it had

if one born in leo ascendent , jupiter and rahu in leo and jupiter in leo navamsa and sivadaa nadiamsa - some predictions were given.
Now in nadiamsa as it changes in less than minute. how to confirm that ascendent in in sivadaa nadiamsa

Now above sloka fits my horoscope and if i assume sivadaa nadiamsa- some predictions due seem true.

so how to use the deva keralam slokas in horoscopes..

regards

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Deva keralam - chandrakala nadi Doubt

Post by Crystalpages » 15 Feb 2014

Dear ssnov,

You have put your finger on a very important point, indeed. Many (some say, nearly all!) birthtimes even the recorded ones are off by upto several minutes! There are two reasons underlying! Firstly, that the birthing team even in hospital births have enough on their hands when conducting deliveries and so some approximation, some rounding off is natural, unless the person documenting the times (they generally note down not just the birth time, but those of the different stages during the labour) is astrologically-inclined; many doctors and midwives etc are not. There may also be the matter of how accurate the recording watch or clock etc are.

The second matter is, what exactly constitutes the exact moment of birth! Scriptures indicate that bhumi-patanam (literally meaning the falling on the earth; touching the earth; implying full delivery of the baby) is the moment of choice in Kaliyuga! Other views include the tying and severing of the umbilical cord. Many astrologers consider the first cry or first independent breath of the baby is the critical moment. However, fact is that some babies take their birth while still in the birth canal and this leads to fetal distress, while a few others breathe minutes after delivery! We are not even considering here the premature deliveries where babies have to be artificially ventillated or assisted breathing.

See, how non-simple this term birth time gets in actual practice!

Hence, finer vargas must be approached gingerly! For most other considerations, a few minutes rarely poses major challenges, unless a planet or house cusp is on a threshold or sandhi, etc.

Rectification is what astrologers resort to but even that is a can of worms. Many many many techniques etc exist, a popular one is through playing and adjusting while trying to match significant events or traits with dasas etc.

Seeing vehicles through D4 is something I have never tried, so cannot comment, but you have aroused my curiosity and so I will try to verify and get back to you if I find something interesting. I do see the 'reasoning' or logic, though, because the fourth is about vehicles and D16 is the fourth in a higher orbital or resonance, if we consider the vargas in the same order as the 12 houses (base).

In the context of this message, I recall reading the thoughts of an astrologer who uses the KAS (AV based approach) and finds that to be very accurate. I am going by my recall of what he shared and in their system the explanation given is based on vargas describing the 11th position from the number indicated in the name of the amsha.

So Drekkana, for instance (3) is also used for describing the body and body parts (11th from 3 is 1 or tanu bhav), saptamamsha (7) is used for looking at progeny (5 being 11th from 7), navamsha (9) is used for looking at the 7th house matters (marriage), etc. How well it fits in the other amshas, I have not really spent time on. I will see if I managed to capture his messages or emails and if I find it, will share relevant portions. His explanations had a lot more details which I perhaps do not remember off the sleeve.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan

ssnov
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ssnov » 15 Feb 2014

@Crystalpages / Rohiniranjan

Thanks a lot for insight, and it would be really helpful if u find anything helpful, for i have been in birth rectification from long time for mine and others also and with different techniques have confused me more and i got into nadi rectificaitaion by P. S shastri.. but still didnt get much answers. As i have learned astrology on own from blogs, forums and books , i have no one to answers my sometimes weird questions have made my knowledge incomplete. And as i am novice in this subject i tend to ask lot of questions.

For me as not married i couldnt rectify through navamsa and have read more abt navamsa only. As i had worked earlier so wanted to do with Dasamsa. But as told earlier i am novice and my ,imited knowledge has confused me more.

So am seeking knowledge from you all experienced people.. hope to get some answers

ssnov
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ssnov » 18 Feb 2014

Devakeralam Chandarakala Nadi translated by R santhanam

The slokas in these three volumes of books cover only some combinations of horoscopes, so how this nadi astrology is different from the palm leaf nadi astrology in Tamil nadu.

Or one has to use other nadi texts also like dhruva and sukra etc..

skrajiv
Contributor
Contributor

Post by skrajiv » 20 Feb 2019

I know time of birth plays a very important role in D150 but I find that the list of the Nadi Amsas itself is changing from the one given by CG Rajan and the one by CS Patel.

I believe even your name syllables can be figured out by Nadi Amsa. My name tallies a bit with CG Rajan's but not Patel's based on my ascendant degree.

Would like to know however which is the correct one and why there is a discrepancy?

balgm
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by balgm » 21 Aug 2019

Hello All seniors,
I am having Deva Keralam book by Mr. Santhanam. but I am fell to understand/predict from that book.

E.g. My acsendant is mithun 11deg 32 '37" , according to divisions given by the books it comes under Mukunda nadimasa & also through JHora d150 chart it comes same nadimasa, i.e. mukunda nadimasa.

Please guide me how to understand or predict from this data... because details provided for mukunda nadimasa are given under Meen nadimasa from shloka 663-692 in Book 1. whether under Mithun nadimasa they have given another nadimasa except Mukunda.

I am also aware that as per concept of Deva Keralam one nadimasa applies to 3 different rashis. (Char, sthir & dwiswabhav)

Please guide me, or also revert if you need any further information for the same.

regards,
Bal G Mujumdar

hamid

Post by hamid » 02 Jun 2021

The KAS system uses the 2nd house for owning the asset[purchase] while using D/4 charts... this helps judge quality n quantity....on physical plane asset part.
D/16 chart is used for study of the happiness n enjoyment the owner gets from the vehicle.