Reading career details from D-10: An example

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Basab

Post by Basab » 22 May 2009

[quote="lovacrs"]But at the end of it all, as Mahesh rightly pointed out, for beginners like me, it does not help to predict. The analysis fits in well with events that have transpired. I.e, it helps in hindsight and not foresight![/quote]

I completely agree with lovarcs, and I have "showed" that in my story "Heartless Destiny". Just a couple of retrospective analyses may make us, amateurs, think that we have mastered the subject, but when it comes to predicting something, destiny shows us how much we have really learned. ;)

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 23 May 2009

Thanks Ushaji.

I hope Ashokji will provide some inputs on his profession before this break the analysis of which will probably help people like me get a hang of predictive techniques.

I will cite another example just to hghlight the kind of predicament that a typical beginner like me comes across. In this case Ve (represents spouse) is in Cp (represents marshy/waterlogged place and lord Sa represents agriculture) in 8th which fits in well with the fact that the spouse hailed from an agricultural family who derived large part of their income from paddy cultivation. But Ve is also conjunct Ma and none of this is true in respect of co-borns.Even if we consider 8th as 6th from 3rd, I will probably expect enemies and obstacles (if not income/wealth as in the case of spouse since 8th is 2nd from 7th) obtained in the process of cultivating paddy.

I hope learned members will be able to throw some light on similar predicaments.

CRS

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 24 May 2009

Thanks Ushaji,

Your words indeed give some respite to my ignorance :D

[quote]Please provide full birth data of the example you mentioned . [/quote]

The chart is my own, the standard flogging horse of every beginner :D
20FEB60 15:09 Place-Mysore

[quote]Please also clear "But Ve is also conjunct Ma and none of this is true in respect of co-borns."?[/quote]

What I meant was Cp/Sa indicating paddy cultivation is true in respect of my wife (Ve) but not so for my brothers (Ma), though both are Cp.

CRS

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 26 May 2009

Thanks Ushaji.

I was looking at Mars placement in Cp from the perspective of Mars as karaka for co-born. While the placement in Cp for one karaka (Ve as karaka for spouse) can be explained using the standard principles, same is not true for Ma the other karaka.

CRS

Basab

Re: For basab

Post by Basab » 27 May 2009

[quote="usha"]Hi basab
how are you. we are talking after a long time. you are right , The analysis fits in well with events that have transpired. I.e, it helps in hindsight aot foresight . I think it is like solving sums , jitne sabaal hal karenge utne hi sahi answer pane mai saphal honge. astrology is a unseen subject , kisi bhee planetary position mai kaya phal mil chuka hai eske aadhaar par hum next prediction kar sakte hain.
I found moon & mars are responsible for both teaching and nursing , I said someone are you a teacher , she said no, I am a nurse. seeing some connection with 12th house hospital ,nurse was in my mind , but I said teacher. pahle ke events ki analysis is useful for study purpose . more practice more knowledge .[/quote]

Hello Ushaji,

I am fine. How are you? Yes, we are talking after quite a long time. I agree with you completely, but what happens is, sometimes amateurs, like me, start believing that they have learned enough just because they have been able to understand a few charts in retrospect--that was what I was trying to say. Thank you for sharing one of your experiences in birth chart analysis

vish123

Analysing dashamsha chart

Post by vish123 » 28 Jul 2009

Dear all,

I am new to this forum. It is quite interesting to follow up the discussions on analyzing the dashamsha chart.

I was wondering how does one determine whether a person has a job or not? whether a person may at all get into a job? also is it possible to determine the exact time when as to when a person gets promoted or is out of job?

It would also be quite illuminating if any one of you can throw light as to what would happen if the 10th lord of the D-1 chart (Rashi chart) occupies the 8th house in the dashamsha (D 10) chart. Does it mean permanent unemployment or could it mean that a person may be in a job related to research or occult sciences.

Would be great to get some insights from some of you.

raghusrini
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Re: Reading career details from D-10: An example

Post by raghusrini » 15 Feb 2018

Hi every body,
I am also a student of astrology started reading bv raman kn rao ks krishnamurthi way back in the mid 1970's!@! I am a phd holder in electronics and communication with more than 46 years professional life spanning teaching research project management all related to my field the last 8 years as part time professor of e&c in the adhiyaman engg college. Now that I am fully retired I revived my interest in astrology more in vedic astrology reading sanjay rath books and his reputed student pv narasimha rao's book an integrated approach to vedic astrology. I study the charts as part of my quest for a deeper understanding the esoteric language the hidden meanings of the planet speak and I landed on this exciting site registering just a while back when I was studying in depth the d-10 charts. I find all the contributors here are motivated generally by the quest for better understanding using valid reasoning interpreting according to desa kaala paristhithi. It was indeed a very illuminating stimulating experience to go thru ashok leong usha jayaprakash et al and pvrn intervention on aspects in divisional charts. I hope to participate in the posts and learn more.
Thank all of you and the board of LOVA.
Dr. S.V.RAGHAVAN