The Shashtyamsa-D60 Answers-WHY you get the destiny you get?

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
The Shashtyamsa-D60 Answers-WHY you get the destiny you get?

Post by shilpa » 29 Aug 2011

Why does a human being gets what he gets…..or doesn’t get what many other’s get?
The answer of the Why lies in the Shashtyamsa ( D60) which is recommended to be seen in an essential pair by sage Parshar along with D1, the Rasi chart….and gives the answers based on a measure of the Karmik credits and debts.

1.For things like Muhurata and Horary astrology, Shada( group of 6 divisional charts ) and sapta ( group of 7) varga are recommended.

2.Dasavarga ( group of 10 divisional charts)
--Dasavarga is the group to be used for “manushya Jataka” i.e the entire overall life of the native….
--while Shodasavarga( group of 16) is for “Raja Jataka” i.e Royal natives.
--Most of us fall under the category of Manushya Jataka…perhaps likes of Rahul and Priyanka Gandhi and Prince Harry and Charles and William types will fall under Raj Jataka....that is a separate subject thouhg.

3. D1 and D60 are to be seen together:
D1 answers material questions like:
-- “ when will I get married ; will I have a divorce; will I have a good house and cars?..etc
--D60 answers Why did my marriage get delayed and married life turn out to be unhappy?....Why did I get a divorce…Why did I not own a house or a car all my life..etc

4. Birth Time Issues
--there are many who are reluctant to touch D60, or dismiss it giving those same oft heard arguments…..Asc. changes in D60 every 2 minutes, we do not know what the correct birth time definition is...i.e when cutting the umbilical cord or when the bay cries etc.
--on a scale of 20points etsablished by Parashar… D60 gets a weight of 5; Rasi chart 3 and all other charts including D9 get only 1.5.
--You just can’t ignore the 25% weight in a single chart and interpret the Manushya Jataki right…so there must be ways , else sage Parashar wouldn’t have recommended it with such a high weight.

5. The answer is to use Moon as the Primary Lagna
--Other than the Asc all other planets are pretty stable even at the D60 level and the fastest moving Moon changes sign about 50 minutes in D60
--Various classics have taught us to use Moon as an alternative ( and at many places as a primary Lagna)
--It has been explained that the first 12 divisional charts deal with material plane; the next 12 on the conscious plane, the next 12 on the subconscious level and the last 24 on the supra-concious and Karmik level.
--Asc ( denoting the material conscious self) makes sense as the primary Lagna for the first 24 charts only
--Moon denoting the mind and the higher subconcious levels makes sense to be used as the primary Lagna for the last 24 charts.
--Actually the more we analyze the weightage of D60....the clearer it gets……D60 should be used when doing Manushya Jatak…..and Moon is meant to be the primary Lagna.

6. Simple Rules to interpret Shastyamsa
--interpret the Rasi house from the Asc…for example the 7th to determine when will I get married, how will be my wife, how will be my married life
--interpret the 7th house from moon in Shastyamsa to get the answer WHY did I have a divorce, WHY is my marriage being delayed.( see examples in the next post)
--Using this approach house to house in rasi answering WHEN+HOW MUCH--can be mapped to answer WHY on D60
--A malefic is a pure malefic, doesn’t turn into functional benefic entirely using friendship rules, unless he is exalted , MT or Swakshetra when it denotes some good Karma in addition to being a malefic.
--use the standard house, lord, general karak , aspects type parashari interpretational rules used as in the Rasi chart
--Ketu is the Karak for D60 and tells us overall Karmik balance and Moksha quotient. It should be interpreted using the same Rule as in Khoo’s bestseller thread titled “ Rahu conjunct or standalone”.

contd.

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: WHY do you get the destiny you get ? The Shashtyamsa Ans

continuation....
7. Birth Time Rectification using Ascendant
--Ques. when moon lagna answers the WHY….why is the Ascendant required to be considered …leave aside fixed?
--Ans. Because house to house when compared between D1 and D60 using ascendants tells us about the Karmik afflictions to each house…and hence the remedies to improve material / physical quality of life pertaining to that house.
--rectification is not too complex…take the most damaged / afflicted looking house in the Rasi and compare with the corresponding house in Rasi…there should be a correlation…i.e the corresponding house in D60 should look afflicted too.
--If the 7th for example in rasi is afflicted look at 7th in D60 …..or move the ascendant to the 6th or the 8th…and whichever one of the 3 houses correlates best with the 7th of Rasi ...will give the rectifies Ascendant and fix the corresponding time.
--JHORA has the option of telling you how many minutes forward and backward will move the Asc in either directions.
--and the BT should not be normally off by more than +/-1 house which translated to about +/- 2 minutes generally when and if the native claims he KNOWS the time. When the native himself is uncertain about the time….then the rectification can be much higher.

regards
acknowledgements:
BPHS
various articles and discussion from SJC ( PVR rao, Larsen, Rath etal)
Various books and commentaries
One accomplished astrologer/ member from the forum who didn't wish to be named...but I can state without naming that he is a red office bearer :D
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Example of Shastyamsa interpretation:

--a couple with a discordant, quarrelsome married life, having to work very hard to stay together and make the marriage survive.

spouse 1: 3 sep, 1970, 15:15; 72N37; 23E02; GMT+5:30.......shani debilitated aspects the 7th in rasi
spouse 2: 9 jun 1972; 11:55 hrs; 80N55; 26E51; GMT+5:30...7th Lord shani combust

Now look at the 7th from Moon in spouse-1 in D60....shows Rahu in the 7th indicating excessive materialistic behaviour over the Dharma in previous married lives...and Ket afflicst the moon

and Look at the 7th from the moon in D60 for spouse-2 ...shows Rahu in the 7th indicating excessive materialistic behaviour over the Dharma in previous married lives...and Ket+Saturn afflicst the moon. This spouse is menatlyl more affected by the discirdanace and figths in marriage.

This is a sheer coincidence that both spouses have exactly the same WHY...karmik interpretation. It could be diffrent
But I have noticed when assessing a pair of reationships you may see the same / similar reflection in the pair of relationship holder.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Here is a simple BT rectification example.
the native complained of delays in having marriage......and a quick look showed Ma+Sa in the 7th house of Rasi.
the shastyamsa from the Asc shows the 7th house lord Ve well placed with the Asc....but JHORA shows that the Asc moves back one place by changing the time by merely 5 seconds.

and doing that 5 second change puts the shashtymsa on the 1-7 axis of Ket-Rahu with sahni also sitting in the first house further afflicting the Asc...and now the afflicting is corelated between D1 and D60
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aganapa2 » 29 Aug 2011

Thanks for bringing up this post Shilpa. You are a great teacher.Sometimes when reading your articles and from the style of your communication, i get the image of a teacher with a stick in hand :lol: (though not in literal sense,but at least with the ownership of getting through your point and conviction) like when u say "You just can't ignore 25 % of weight....."

And profound thanks to the red tagged office bearer for making this happen.

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by 2002diksha » 30 Aug 2011

madam,
thanks for putting the points of D60 so well.i had read somewhere in this website that venus and ketu conjunction is not good for relationships especially if found in navamsa. in the chart of my friends daughter this combination is found in both D9 and D60. what is your opinion. kindly shed light.
regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Aug 2011

2002diksha wrote:madam,
thanks for putting the points of D60 so well.i had read somewhere in this website that venus and ketu conjunction is not good for relationships especially if found in navamsa. in the chart of my friends daughter this combination is found in both D9 and D60. what is your opinion. kindly shed light.
regards
Dear Diksha,

The Navmasa is the chart of happiness, creativity, satisfaction....and not directly linked with material existence....except matters pertaining to marriage.

However an affliction in Rasi or D60 is 2 to 3 times more severe in it's consequences than one found in Navamsa.
Thats said we have to see how Ve-Ket are placed before necessarily declaring it afflicted.
If you have D.T.P of birth......we can have a look.

Also give details/ background of the native...her problems and goods in life.
thx

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 30 Aug 2011

Dear Shilpa,

My shashtyamsa does shows an affliction having ketu in the 1st house and Jupiter, rahu and mars in the 7th, Venus is in 10th from As. However, 7th from the moon has Sun. In my husband's chart, 7th from moon is Jupiter. Can u please tell me what significations they would hold for me regarding past and present life.

Regards,
Shreya

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

Post by thirthachengappa » 30 Aug 2011

by shilpa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:17 pm
The Navmasa is the chart of happiness, creativity, satisfaction....and not directly linked with material existence....except matters pertaining to marriage

Shilpa good topic. I have gone through these charts thoroughly. Can you please tell me how you have rectified the D60 before you rectified the D9? Even if you did, you used your own Bias and knowledge at this point in time to rectify these charts. You did that based on a 5 second +/- span.Yet you did not bother to rectify the D9 Chart, which by your own admission is seen for matters pertaining to marriage.

The lagna in the D9 is 1 minute away from a change in both charts. The topic on this thread is the D60 and marriage. Marriage is mainly seen from D9 (as admitted by you) apart from other matters. Can you show me a text that emphasises that the D60 can be seen for marriage?

When it comes to matters relating to marriage its very important to assess the significator of marriage in the chart. Let us try to decipher the D9 first. who is the male and female in the given examples? As we all know, the significator for a male chart is Shukra, while for a woman its Guru/- Kuja(by some schools of thought).

Please enlighten.
thirtha

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

madam,
the chart which i am referring to is seen by you before. its the same chart that you had seen few days back. the birth details are 10 sep 2002,9:10am,(80E59,26N44) lucknow.kindly give your inputs.
regards

badsaah
Contributor
Contributor

Post by badsaah » 30 Aug 2011

Hi mam,

My friend was born on 13 Aug 1990, at 1508hrs at Nellore, India. She wants to know few details about her future. It would be very helpful if you could spend few minutes and provide your valuable predictions...

1) How will be her career? which kind of work would be very suitable for her?
2) when will her marriage take place? how would the marriage life be?

Regards,
Badsaah

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

thirthachengappa wrote:
The Navmasa is the chart of happiness, creativity, satisfaction....and not directly linked with material existence....except matters pertaining to marriage

Shilpa good topic. I have gone through these charts thoroughly. Can you please tell me how you have rectified the D60 before you rectified the D9? Even if you did, you used your own Bias and knowledge at this point in time to rectify these charts. You did that based on a 5 second +/- span.Yet you did not bother to rectify the D9 Chart, which by your own admission is seen for matters pertaining to marriage.

The lagna in the D9 is 1 minute away from a change in both charts. The topic on this thread is the D60 and marriage. Marriage is mainly seen from D9 (as admitted by you) apart from other matters. Can you show me a text that emphasises that the D60 can be seen for marriage?

This topic and the technique listed here is about using D1 and D60 recommended to be used together as a pair...and that between them carry 8 out of 20 points in Dasavarga analysis of Parashar.
Together they carry about 6 times more weightage than Navamsa alone does in the dasa-varga weightage system and sages have recommnded D60 to be used for EVERYTHING.

Navamasa and marriage karaks are good topics, but off topic here....as Navamsa analysis is not being discussed here
Also please edit and remove language underlined "your own bias". It is off-topic.
regards

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

The Navmasa is the chart of happiness, creativity, satisfaction....and not directly linked with material existence....except matters pertaining to marriage.
However an affliction in Rasi or D60 is 2 to 3 times more severe in it's consequences than one found in Navamsa.
Shilpa, pls note the underlined highlighted statement. Except for the Dashavarga scheme, which you have chosen to highlight maximum points for D60, you have ignored the Shadvarga scheme.

In Dasha varga scheme I agree that D9 gets less points than the D60, but please remember that a default screen, or any horoscope made anywhere where vedic astrology is applied, always uses the D1/D9 combo, and not D1/D60.

Can you please provide a classical dicta and substantiate your statement where you can show and say that the an affliction found in the Rashi or the Navamsha is 2-3 times more severe in its consequence than one found in the Navamsha? Specially in matters relating to marriage ?

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

by shilpa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 pm
Navamasa and marriage karaks are good topics, but off topic here....as Navamsa analysis is not being discussed here
Also please edit and remove language underlined "your own bias". It is off-topic.
please understand the true spirit of the term " Your own Bias" .Its not off topic and is in line with the context. Marriage is been the core context of this subject because the charts for discussion is about struggle in marriage. Please reply to my questions and dont deviate from the topic.

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

by shilpa » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:04 pm
Dear shilpa, the entire post is about marriage and how the D 60 can be used in a horoscope. I at the onset said that you have a good topic going. No personal attack has been done against you. please note. When the D9 is a primary chart for marriage, its only right that I ask you, why you have ignored that chart?

I understand that you are moderating this forum too. But I will not edit nor remove my line "Your own Bias". Its not offensive, nor abusive. Its in line with my question, I repeat, " Your BTR of the D 60 is done in a span of 5 seconds, and yet you did not bother to rectify the D9 which is off by 1 minute even though the D9 is the primary chart for matters related to marriage. Please answer to my queries if you can, and if not say openly that you dont want to be engaged in a healthy discussion. I shall stop pronto

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

thirthachengappa wrote:
Shilpa, pls note the underlined highlighted statement. Except for the Dashavarga scheme, which you have chosen to highlight maximum points for D60, you have ignored the Shadvarga scheme.

In Dasha varga scheme I agree that D9 gets less points than the D60, but please remember that a default screen, or any horoscope made anywhere where vedic astrology is applied, always uses the D1/D9 combo, and not D1/D60.

Can you please provide a classical dicta and substantiate your statement where you can show and say that the an affliction found in the Rashi or the Navamsha is 2-3 times more severe in its consequence than one found in the Navamsha? Specially in matters relating to marriage ?
Dear Tirtha,

--I have explained upfront that Shada varga and Sapta varga are traditonally used in Muhurat and Horary....for Manushya Jatak it is THE Dasavarga.

--If you read BPHS sections on varga charts of their simplified extracts in various SJC / PVR Rao articles or simply do some work on Google you will find innumerable orginal quotes and translation Shashtyamsa is for EVERYTHING ( and everything means literally everything)
and that D1 and D60 are recommend to be used as a pair.
I can provide the refrence...but I prefer that you do some effort to research before throwing disruptive queries.

--Finally when you do read a bit about divisional chart groupings on the net and in refernce books.....or re-read my original article, you will understand that this is not about Navamsa.
Even if you don't......well take my word I am not disrupting the orginal subject and discussing Navamsa here.

regards

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

fair enough - You do not want to have a healthy discussion. You have not answered a single question of mine. If you read my questions you will understand everything is connected to what you have been writing. Shilpa i was born in a family where astrology holds great importance. I dont google. If you cannot give answers and term everything as off topic, then all i can say is please go on. Thanks for your time.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Shreya wrote:Dear Shilpa,

My shashtyamsa does shows an affliction having ketu in the 1st house and Jupiter, rahu and mars in the 7th, Venus is in 10th from As. However, 7th from the moon has Sun. In my husband's chart, 7th from moon is Jupiter. Can u please tell me what significations they would hold for me regarding past and present life.

Regards,
Shreya
well it would be better if you give me your D.T.P of births.
Thx

Shreya
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Shreya » 30 Aug 2011

---
Last edited by Shreya on 08 Nov 2012, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

2002diksha wrote:madam,
the chart which i am referring to is seen by you before. its the same chart that you had seen few days back. the birth details are 10 sep 2002,9:10am,(80E59,26N44) lucknow.kindly give your inputs.
regards
Dear Diksha,

1) Ke-Ve are cojunct in the 4th house from Moon lagna of D60

2) Let's see the fourth house in Rasi first.....Lord shani is in friendly house of Mercury in the 9th.
Indicating a strong traditional, dharmik and good caretaking, mother and home environment....very good basic eductaion.

3) Shashtyamsa for the kid is very good indicating a lot of Positive Karma.....Moon is in Vargottama.....4th and 5th Lords from Moon ( shani) is in Swakshetra( own house), 9th and 12th Lord Me is exalted.

Look at the synergy of Moon and Me between the pair of D1 and D60......when such synergy occurs at the D60 level...it is an indicator of very powerful positive Karma.

Now let us see WHY 4th house is like it is:

5)the 4th from the Moon in D60 is the same 4th house from Asc ( and Moon ) in Rasi i.e capricorn.
Venus sitting in the friendly house of shani. Lord shani is in own house in 5th.
By rules of conjunction of Ra-Ket.....ketu is also friendly as it conjuncts friendly Venus, providing rationale/balance to karkatwas of Venus...making it a strong 4th house in D60.

At the Karmik level this indicates native had valued the principles of hard-work, discipline, dharmik traditons, respect for mother in past lives...as indicated by placement of 4th lord shani.
And valued the usage of vehicles / comforts....with respect and responsibilities towards spouse signified by Venus.
Placement of Ket, the karak for D60 in the kendra 4th confirms the overall good Karma from past lives....was concentrated around matters relating to home, mother, Vehicles education and spouse ( venus)

She will reap good material benefits of her strong residual Karma in this life form.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

thirthachengappa wrote:fair enough - You do not want to have a healthy discussion. You have not answered a single question of mine. If you read my questions you will understand everything is connected to what you have been writing. Shilpa i was born in a family where astrology holds great importance. I dont google. If you cannot give answers and term everything as off topic, then all i can say is please go on. Thanks for your time.
In that case my friend I think (and my thoughts are concurred by some seniors here)........that *ignoring* the disruptions and moving on to serious posters in the only course you leave for me.

regards

2002diksha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

madam,
thanks a million times for the analysis.
regards

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

Shilpa I am appalled at this kind of a response from you. Disruptive? I am trying to engage you in a healthy debate. Please talk for yourself and dont bring in what the seniors have to say. If you dont have the answers absolutely no problem. Like i said please continue writing.

Dear All,

To my knowledge the lagna is a very important component of a horoscope to differentiate between two individuals born in a 24 hr span (ie D1).

The shashtyamsa/D60 is no doubt an important chart, but that is provided the time of birth is absolutely accurate.

It is a known fact that in the case of twin births, the D60 is a key indicator for us to understand why two twins are different from each other(in the case of natural birth). In the case of twins through caesarean births it is the 150th division - the nadiamsa which gives us a window into how caesarean birth twins act differently.
The time for the lagna to shift in the 150th division of a chart depending on the rasi is an average of 5 secs.

Please note that it is the lagna which is the biggest differentiating factor between two individuals who are born in different places but at the same time.

I appreciate what Shilpa is trying to say and i do not mean any disrespect towards her research. But the fact remains that BTR is limited to the knowledge of the astrologer and understanding/bias of the planets in question. The key factor to consider is that the moon in the shashtyamsa remains in the same rasi for an average of 45 mins +/- 6 mins depending on the rasi. Are all people born in the 46 minute +/-6 Min span going to share the same Karma? what about twins then?

If we cannot rationalize the next important chart after the D1 i.e., the Navamsha whose lagna shifts on an average of 14 mins +/- 3 mins, and the moon on an average of 7 hrs +/- 45 mins then on what basis do we delve upon D60?

Note,There is no software which shows the D60 next to the D1 as a default. Down load J hora and you will find that the default open screen is the D1/D9 combo. No horoscope is ever written by hand where you will find D1/D60 combo.

I once again stress that Shilpa has brought out an excellent topic for research. But I am afraid that unless we have the birth time accurately down to +/- 1 min, this will remain merely as a hypothesis and nothing more than that.

IMO and POV if a Birth time Rectification is every attempted, then the D1/ ( If Necessary) and the D9 has to be first rectified before any attempt is made to rectify other charts. Unless the lagna of all divisional charts are accurate it’s merely the imagination/knowledge and conjuncture of the astrologer whose attempting a rectification.

shiranffs
Contributor
Contributor

Post by shiranffs » 30 Aug 2011

Hi Shilpa,

Birth time details are given below.

Father:
DOB: 30/09/1938
Time: 20:20
Place:Colombo,SL

Mother:
DOB: 13/10/1944
Time: 04:50
Place: Colombo,SL

Thanks
Shiran

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Shreya wrote:Dear Shilpa,

Regards,
Shreya

i have your charts...but would need to know some more details:

1) when did you get married
2) How has been your married life
3) How has been your sun mahadasa i.e period from March 2009 onwards.

regards