The Navamsha - A introspection

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor
Re: The Navamsha - A introspection

Post by thirthachengappa » 29 Aug 2011

@ Shilpa - I am glad you think there could be two perspectives :)

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 29 Aug 2011

Big thanks to Sine Curve Ji, for this piece of information,

Male,
September 13 1973,
00 : 20
Chhindwara
78 E 56 - 22 N 04

Sine curve ji, had a discussion with me claimed that Guru AD in Budha MD was the worst period of his life. He was falsely accused of a criminal act, was arrested, jailed, granted Bail, and is fighting this false case. In the mean time, his Bank accounts containing huge sums of Money are frozen, he cannot leave India because of the case, and to top it, is have problems finding a job which suits his acadamic Qualifications. All this in Guru's AD. Guru is the 4th and the 7th lord in the 8th, debilitated and Retrograde.

But he is in Pushkaraamsha

So why has it failed to Nourish and Protect ?

Some frantic digging later, I found the answer to the Mystery. This needs to be re interpreted again because the sloka is not clear.
Deva Keralam, - Chandra Kala Nadi Book 2 page 85 Verse 77 Jupiter In Kendra or in a Kona house attaining Pushkara Navamsha makes the Native born very lucky and wealthy. But if the sign where the Pushkara Navamsha occurs falls in the 6th, the 8th or the 12th in the Rashi, or if the Pushkaraamsha sign in the Navamsha is the 6th, 8th, or the 12th, in the Rashi chart, then native in addition to being wealthy will suffer and grieve.
Looking at Sine curve's chart, two points emerge

1. A Retrograde planet in his debilitated Sign does not give exalted results.

2.Guru in a dustana / Retrograde and debilitated, even though in Pusharaamsha does not yield any results promised by Pushkara.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 31 Aug 2011

Hi Astroboy

Great thread!

With regards to your second point, if Sine Curve Jupiter had been Bhavam Vargottam, then even if Jupiter is placed in Dusthanas in both Rasi and Navamsa, the results would have been different. This is from Prashna Magra according to G K Goel. I have Jupiter in Pushkara Navamsa in the 8th Bhava like Sine Curve but in Bhavam Vargottam, my Jupiter always manage to provide me with a soft landing in regards to everyday affairs.

As for your 1st point, as brought up by Ghrishneswar who got the idea from Visti Larsen (via research), a natural benefic if retrogading in a Dusthana actually brings out the worse of that planet. So if anything to test the dictum that retrogade planets in debilitation do not get exalted, one has to look at a chart who has a natural malefic retrogading in Dusthana and not a natural benefic. Natural malefic retrogading in a Dusthana is supposed to bring out the better part of that planet.

Warmest Regards
Hock Leong

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Dec 2011

This is the horoscope of a mechanic who works for a Hyundai dealership in Mangalore. His salary is 7,000 Rs a month and if he is lucky, he makes around 50 - 75 Rs as Tips from customers. He got married in Jan 2009. The marriage was over in april 2009. The couple have seperated and now contemplating divorce. Take a look at his horoscope,
5 planets exalted.jpg
A excellent Malavya Yoga,
Hamsa Yoga,
Sasa Yoga from the Moon,
2 Vipareeta Raja yogas,
10th lord is in the 10th aspecting the 2nd and the 4th,
The 4th and the 11th lord is in the 2nd
the 2nd and 9th lord is in the 9th aspecting the 4th house,
the 11th lord aspects the 10th house,
Shukra is exalted,
Ravi is exalted in his deep degree of exaltation,
Rahu is exalted,
Ketu is exalted,
Shani is exalted in his deep degree of exaltation,

Yet, at 27 years of age, he is still taking home not more than 10,000 Rs a month. I always say that the period from 15 - 30 is extremely crucial for a man. This period can determine the quality of an entire life time. A man with 5 exalted planets is just a mechanic at a workshop. what went wrong ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by astroboy on 16 Dec 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 16 Dec 2011

Take a look at the Navamsha, There ends the matter.
5 planets exalted - D9.jpg
Shani the 12th and the 11th lord is debilitated in the Navamsha. In the D1, He aspects the 10th house from the 8th and also the 2nd and the 5th house from the 8th.

Kuja the 2nd and the 9th lord is debilitated in the Navamsha and aspects the 4th house from the 9th.

There are other factors that have contributed to the downfall, but I am only highlighting the situation of the planets in the Navamsha since this thread is all about the Navamsha
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 02 May 2012

Dear Astroboy-Ji,

In the above chart of the mechanic, isnt't Rahu in Pushkar Navamsa?

Since the native was running Rahu MD from 1992 to 2010, why did this not give him favourable results? Pls correct me if this does not make sense.

I am perplexed by this chart frankly. I know quite a few 1984 April born natives with similair charts and they are doing just fine. This leads to an interesting question-should we also look at the native's chart keeping in light the family into which he was born into? Now-a-days, it is very much possible that more than 1 baby will be born in the same hospital at the exact same second to 2 different families.

Apologize if I have digressed slightly from the topic-but this is crucial for understanding the principles of Astrology as well.

Many Thanks :) !

AstroKid_84

Anirudh
Donor
Donor

Post by Anirudh » 17 Jul 2012

I read This article Astroboy Ji, So nice,

can you help me understand which planets in my Navamsha are in Pushkar Bhaga...

Please help me understand my planets
8 feb 1985
15:28 pm
bangalore

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 17 Jul 2012

Guru and Rahu, along with the Lagna, (Provided time is right) are in Pushkara Navamsha.

jegdis5
Donor
Donor

Post by jegdis5 » 23 Aug 2012

AB ji,

Can you confirm my understanding if my venus in pushkaramsha?

Thanks,
Jegadis

Vinith

Post by Vinith » 28 Oct 2017

hi astroboy,

May be i am a little late for this post.. but i would like to know when does the planet which belongs to Pushkar navamsha fructify? I have three planets in Pushkar Navamsha - Ketu, CHandra and Sun and i have been struggling for ages. Sun is also in Pushkar bhaga.

I am currently runnng Ketu Mahadasha which began in 2016. As Ketu is in Pushkar navamsha when do u think i will get the result ? Also Ketu is in the 5th house in Rasi in the Nakshatra of exalted jupiter which is the 2L and 5L. I am a scorpio ascendant? My details : 26-09-78, 11.49am, Mumbai

krithik

Post by krithik » 06 Nov 2017

In Natal Char(d-1):
No exalted and debilitated planets in D-1
In Navamsa Chart(D-9):
1) I have moon in own house(Cancer) in Navamsa Lagna. Saturn in own house, Moola trikona(Aquarius) i.e 8th house. Rahu exalted in Gemini in 12th house, Ketu exalted in Sagittarius (6th house). Mercury exalted.
2)Venus debilitated
3) But Mercury and Venus occupy the same house in Kanya(Virgo) i.e Exalted and Debilitated planets.
4) Jupiter in Vargottama
5) Mars in Pushkaramsa

So for my horoscope, Is it the debilitation of Venus causing the career-related problems (No stable job).