Vargottam planet query

For discussion on divisional charts: navamsha, drekkana, saptamsha, dashamsha, etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
vivekb
Contributor
Contributor
Vargottam planet query

Post by vivekb » 14 Jun 2009

hi everyone..

Suppose a planet is vargottam in a person's janma kundli and the planet is a malefic for the Rasi chart and Navamsa Chart both..

for eg. say Saturn is vargottam in scorpio. In the rasi chart, lagna is leo and in the navamsa chart the lagna is scorpio.

Now according to BPHS, a vargottam planet will bestow good results.

What results will this planet show in its dasa/antar dasa?

In the same case if saturn becomes retro, then how will the results differ from the previous?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 19 Jun 2009

Hi Gold

Just to add the further strength of a Vargottam planet can be seen from its Shadbala.

Thanks.

Hock Leong

vivekb
Contributor
Contributor

Post by vivekb » 19 Jun 2009

dear shrikanth ji,
thank u for posting a reply there..

wat i interpreted from ur reply was that a vargottam planet, will bestow good results only when its a natural benefic or benefic for that lagna and will give malefic results if its a natural malefic or malefic for that lagna..

but if a planet is a natural malefic and vargottam, and a benefic for that particular lagna, then how to analyze it??

if the vargottam planet is malefic for the lagna, but a benefic from chandra lagna, then how to analyze it?

sir, also i wanted to ask whether u can post any good links related to retrogression of planets so that one can have a better understanding of retro planets and their nature..

thank u

Satya
Donor
Donor

Post by Satya » 19 Aug 2009

Hello Shrikant,

What about a Vargottama Mars but for a Leo lagna - it is yogakaraka. So will that do good to the native?

And what if two planets are in same signs in both Lagna and Navamsa, can both be called as vargottama?

I have Moon in Cap and Mars in Libra in both D1 and D9 charts (Leo lagna). While Moon waxing is benefic, I think it is malefic for Leo being 12L. So will Moon act as a malefic - vargottam planet and Mars as benefic - vargottama?

I am sorry if my mail is confusing. But the whole idea is a little confusing to me :)

Regards,
Satya

Edit: And to complicate it further - Mars is also badhak for Leo, is n't it? So how will that manifest overall when it is vargottam?

Thanks

PV1993
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Vargottam planet query

Post by PV1993 » 12 Nov 2014

I have the same question as Satya ji. What about a Vargottama Yogakarak Badhakesh Mars in Libra for a Leo Ascendant?

In my chart (22/09/1993, 03:16:28 a.m, Asansol India) Mars attains this position in 6 charts (D-1, D-3, D-4, D-7, D-9, D-10, D-24).

Given that I am running Venus/Mars Dasha and about to complete my graduation in June 2015, does it fare well for me?

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 11 Apr 2019

I watched a video on YouTube by SJC - Sanjay rathji. The video is titled Navamsa chart but here he talks about vargottama. Here I am quoting him.

General auspicious significations of the planet will manifest in the individual.

Saturn - will give ability to bear immense duhkha and pain.
I have found this to be true. In the case of two people very close to me.

Venus - will give beauty and he used the word ojas and will power.

Sun - Will make a very good leader.

Mars - immense physical strength

Rahu - crossing limits and boundaries in any area

Here’s the link to the video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0dSw3FDVzUs
Hope I helped.

Best regards

joyd

Post by joyd » 12 Apr 2019

@JC-If your saturn in retro and in vargottama means a lot.sage kashyapa blessing you and guides you in a positive way.I dont find any native with saturn retro and in vargottama in sufferings.They will flourish well always.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 13 Apr 2019

@justchill
IMO, It's all subjective.
Let's look at what Sanjay Ji says about planets being Varga-Uttama- The word itself tells everything but still...
Vargottama Planets & Keywords-
Sun - Leadership
Moon- Mental Strength
Mars- Physical Strength
Mercury- Communication & Learning
Jupiter- Wisdom & Intelligence
Venus- Will power
Saturn- Tolerance Power
Rahu- Transcendence
Ketu- Intuition
So let's see if I have personally felt any of its effects...
I have Sun & Mercury Vargottama in Taurus but I don't think my leadership, communication & understanding ability is something special. Not just Vargottama, they are in pushkar navamsha as well. Also, Taurus is Uccha Amsha for Mercury. So I personally feel Vargottama is blown out of proportion & it's not worth huge significance.
Personally, I feel exalted & mooltrikona planets in D9 are more significant in strength than Vargottam planets. I have Rahu, Ketu, Jupiter exalted & Saturn in Mooltrikon (Retro Leo- So Aquarius effect).
That's why I always say...
'You can't judge a picture from its trailer'

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 16 Feb 2021

Hi,

The deepest debilitation degree of Venus is 27deg Virgo. If Venus is in 27deg Virgo, it will be in Virgo navamsa. Which means Venus is Vargottama but debilitated in Rasi as well as navamsa chart!

The results of such a combination manifests during Venus dasha or antar-dasha. However, the auspicious results of vargottama do not cancel out the inauspicious result of debilitation.

When dasha lord Venus transits through its exaltation, own or friend's sign, it gives auspicious results to the houses it represents in its birth chart because of its vargottama condition. However, it gives inauspicious results in the house it transits because of its debilitation condition.

When antar-dasha lord Venus transits through its exaltation, own or friendly sign, or becomes retrograde, it gives auspicious results. When it transits through debilitation or enemy's sign or becomes combust, it gives inauspicious results.

Regards,
KMD

hamid

Post by hamid » 04 Jun 2021

A little confused over this query.[ I could not grasp this query.
As per my knowledge VARGOTHAM term is used when the natal ascendant n the navamsa ascendant is the same.
And SWA navamsa is used when the planet is placed in the same navamsa as its sign placement in the natal chart.