DRIK VS SRI SURYA SIDDHANTA .

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vic DiCara
Contributor
Contributor
Re: DRIK VS SRI SURYA SIDDHANTA .

Post by Vic DiCara » 07 Jul 2011

rishirahul wrote:'Drik', nor 'drig'. I speak of the spelling.

RishiRahul
The spelling is दृक्

The root is दृ

This root "dR" ("dri") refers to vision, sight, etc. This root is in the word दृष्टि ("driZhTi" - or "drishti") - which means "aspect" - the way planets have a "line of sight" to one another.

In the context under discussion the word "dR" in dRk ("drik") means "visible" - in other words, observable positions.

The type of consonant at the end of the word is flexible according to rules of sandhi. So there is no need to obsess over drik or drig. In fact there is no need to obsess about spelling at all, since all these words are spelled in Devanagari alphabet, and engligh renditions are approximations. If we are going to obsess over spellings (which actually I would probably be pretty happy with) we should go to use diacritical marks, or since that is difficult with modern keyboards, the Harvard-Kyoto style.

Your servant,
Vic DiCara / व्रज किशोर दास
~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~ ~・~

Vic DiCara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vic DiCara » 07 Jul 2011

krishnagopal1968 wrote:Dear Vic,

In my experience all of my improvements in understanding and utilizing astrology always came and come when I dive DEEPER into the basic, fundamental things.

Thanks for providing this nice insight.
Thanks! I was pretty self-satisfied with this quote too, in my usual self-approving way! :) Glad to see that you also liked it.
Your servant,

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

Post by thirthachengappa » 07 Jul 2011

http://vicdicara.com/vic_dicara-vraja_kishor.php

Vic ji, There is no need for a BTR. Let me tell you why.
At about 20 or 21 years old, I left that band to live in the brahmacari ashrama. I joined a band composed of other brahmacaris and we released a record and toured the United States and Europe several times. The name of this band was Shelter.
Also at this time I visited Vrindavana, India for the first time. During my extended period of time there I lived with my guru, Dhanurdhara Swami - who introduced me to Vedic Astrology. On my next visit I was initiated with the name Vraja Kishor das and given by my guru an extremely deep and thorough education in Bhagavad Gita, Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu, Upadeshamrta, and Sri Isa-Upanishad.

Hart DeFouw and Robert Svoboda on Capricorn ascendent
"We have also observed that people who have a interest in India often have major placements in Capricorn, Particularly because its lord Saturn represents conservative, old things like tradition, and because Saturn enables people to plod towards their goals patiently."
The bhavas ( Houses ) page 171 - Light on life.

You came to India in Rahu Dasha. Rahu is in Saturn's sign and is in the Navamsha Lagna in Capricorn. D9 is also the house of Dharma. You just came back to your roots. :)
Last edited by thirthachengappa on 07 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 07 Jul 2011

Good point.

An interesting Freudian slip, too? :-D
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

And kindly guide me it my dear sir ........

rishirahul
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rishirahul » 07 Jul 2011

Vic DiCara wrote:

RishiRahul
The spelling is दृक्

The root is दृ

This root "dR" ("dri") refers to vision, sight, etc. This root is in the word दृष्टि ("driZhTi" - or "drishti") - which means "aspect" - the way planets have a "line of sight" to one another.

In the context under discussion the word "dR" in dRk ("drik") means "visible" - in other words, observable positions.

The type of consonant at the end of the word is flexible according to rules of sandhi. So there is no need to obsess over drik or drig. In fact there is no need to obsess about spelling at all, since all these words are spelled in Devanagari alphabet, and engligh renditions are approximations. If we are going to obsess over spellings (which actually I would probably be pretty happy with) we should go to use diacritical marks, or since that is difficult with modern keyboards, the Harvard-Kyoto style.

Hi Vic,

I am not obssessed by the spelling of it. but just mentioned (more casually/less seriously) it.

Vedic forums such as this has a lot of serious discussions and also there is a room for some lightness, as you must have observed while going through the earlier posts. :)

Spellings are no doubt important when the case arises in respect to translating.

Many vedic books were translated either by very good astrologers or very good translators; rarely very good astrologers & translators both, leadings to gaps in understanding the ACTUAL literature.... for which research needs to be strong to understand senses better.

RishiRahul
Astrologer, Palmist and Numerologist
For Serious Astrological Consultations, Accurate Time Predictions and Decisions

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 07 Jul 2011

thirthachengappa wrote:And kindly guide me it my dear sir ........
Its gone, Tirtha!

It was originally Dhrama which is Dharma + Drama; but has since been edited to the correct spelling!

Hey, not nitpicking...keep posting !
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

:( . Normally use word as default to type msgs. Slipped this one time. Thanks for pointing that out. I saw it and corrected it though. Thanks.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kandhan » 07 Jul 2011

Vic DiCara wrote:
kandhan wrote:Hi Mr.Vic

am just giving one example in your chart. when these two systems are applied to your chart, three planets change positions in D-9. given the importance of D-9 will this not make the predictions completley different when using these two systems?
Dear Kandhan, May I trouble you for a more complete explanation of what three planets these are and what change there is?
Mr. Vic

Rahu and ketu move one bhav ahead(from 12-6 to 1-7) and Chandra moves one Bhav back from 5-4 in SSS.
Nothing is free except God's Grace.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

thirthachengappa wrote:http://vicdicara.com/vic_dicara-vraja_kishor.php

At about 20 or 21 years old, I left that band to live in the brahmacari ashrama. I joined a band composed of other brahmacaris and we released a record and toured the United States and Europe several times. The name of this band was Shelter.
Also at this time I visited Vrindavana, India for the first time. During my extended period of time there I lived with my guru, Dhanurdhara Swami - who introduced me to Vedic Astrology. On my next visit I was initiated with the name Vraja Kishor das and given by my guru an extremely deep and thorough education in Bhagavad Gita, Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu, Upadeshamrta, and Sri Isa-Upanishad.

"We have also observed that people who have a interest in India often have major placements in Capricorn, Particularly because its lord Saturn represents conservative, old things like tradition, and because Saturn enables people to plod towards their goals patiently."

You came to India in Rahu Dasha. Rahu is in Saturn's sign and is in the Navamsha Lagna in Capricorn. This placement happens when SSS is used. D9 is also the house of Dharma. You just came back to your roots. :) [/i][/b]

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

Sir I dont see Rahu and Ketu Move. Chandra moves from Mesha to Meena in D9. Have I missed something?

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

thirthaji

i got two Bay Shore, New york. am using 73W14 and 40N43.
Last edited by kandhan on 07 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

Correct. lagna is Makara. Rahu is in Kumbha @ 10.49 as per drik - Mean nodes.
D9 - Rahu @7.25 in Makara
S.S.S.
Rahu @ 13.06 in Makara - Mean Nodes.
Data = 27 07 1970 19 38 Bay Shores.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

same thing happens with Bay Shore, New York 76W16 and 42N51. am using Jhora 7.52Beta. is this wrong?
Last edited by kandhan on 07 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

thirthachengappa
Donor
Donor

Sir, you are getting it wrong.

kandhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

OK.

rishirahul
Contributor
Contributor

Post by rishirahul » 07 Jul 2011

kandhan wrote:same thing happens with Bay Shore, New York 76W16 and 42N51. am using Jhora 7.52Beta. is this wrong?

Hi Tirthachengappaji,

Considering its Bay shores, Long island, New York; the google search shows=The latitude of Bay Shore is 40.725N. The longitude is -73.245W. :?:

In jhora this is closest to

http://www.longislandexchange.com/towns/bayshore.html

RishiRahul
Astrologer, Palmist and Numerologist
For Serious Astrological Consultations, Accurate Time Predictions and Decisions

Vic DiCara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vic DiCara » 10 Jul 2011

thirthachengappa wrote:http://vicdicara.com/vic_dicara-vraja_kishor.php

You came to India in Rahu Dasha. Rahu is in Saturn's sign and is in the Navamsha Lagna in Capricorn. D9 is also the house of Dharma. You just came back to your roots. :)
Dear Tirtha,

I am sorry - I don't understand the meaning of your post. :( Maybe if I understood what BTR meant? Would you clarify?

OH OH OH - Birth Time Rectification!!!!

I am always interested to move it around a few seconds or minutes here and there in the course of investigations. But I agree, there is no need to significantly doubt what is printed on my Birth Certificate. Everything fits very well.
Your servant,

suniti
Donor
Donor

Post by suniti » 11 Jul 2011

Vic DiCara wrote:

RishiRahul
The spelling is दृक्

The root is दृ

hi Vic Sir

sorry to interrupt here
but remember the root as दृश्

by the way, i was born in long island too :D :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0TZZZcC9l4

thanks
suniti
"From the houses of the holy, we can watch the white doves go ..."

Vic DiCara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vic DiCara » 11 Jul 2011

Thanks suniti. Is Drik not a dhatu?
Your servant,

suniti
Donor
Donor

Post by suniti » 11 Jul 2011

hi Vic Sir
i believe it is from the root दृश्

i dont know much sanskrit but i do have an interest in it, wish i could learn some day

thanks
suniti
Last edited by suniti on 15 Jul 2011, edited 1 time in total.

Vic DiCara
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vic DiCara » 12 Jul 2011

wonderful!!!! Thank you Suniti. I hope to converse more with you.
Your servant,

suniti
Donor
Donor

Post by suniti » 12 Jul 2011

hi Vic sir

i read your website about you writing lyrics with zach de la rocha... i couldnt help but
like rage, the raw sound was great, like "killing in the name of"... even though im more of a pavement kinda gal :D my old friend stevie went to high school with him also...
wonderful!!!! Thank you Suniti. I hope to converse more with you.
:D :D me too

Vic sir i think you'll enjoy interacting with every member of this forum, each one of them has a depth of
knowledge that i cannot begin to fathom with strengths all across the board i have so much respect for each one of them and its so nice that you've also joined :D i also look forward to reading more from you,

hey thanks for the shloka :D in return i give you this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deCtGPo0hco

pranaams
suniti

Rirakkuma is really really cute :D actually my favorite is a tie between pochacco and my melody but hello kitty in the classic so she has a special place for me

birthtimes

Post by birthtimes » 02 Dec 2011

Has anyone had any experience with Yukteswar ayanamsa? I am curious as to how accurate people think it is, since Yukteswar was Yogananda's guru...

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 06 Dec 2011

astroboy wrote:There is another analogy which says " If the D1 is a Radio , The Navamsha is the Signal from the Radio station " A bang and olufsen is as good as dead if the quality of the signal is bad . A strong signal can make a 100 Rupee chinese radio sound really good . This is why the D9 becomes so important when we analyse a horoscope . SSS has changed the dimensions of the D9 and this needs some introspection .
I always thought the navamsa cannot deliver anything the D1 does not promise..
But when you put it like that, it feels right :)