Maandi / Mandi / Gulika

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Re: Maandi / Mandi / Gulika

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » 28 Feb 2011

by astroboy » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:16 am
You are in luck . She has just filed for divorce . :wink: :wink: :wink:
:D :D :D

see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

karmatrix
Contributor
Contributor

Post by karmatrix » 09 Mar 2011

Good day Astroboy,

I went through the entire thread, and found it very informative. Thank you for the link!

Now interestingly in the chart, I tried discussing with you, the native has Gulika conjoined Sun in the 12th house (Aquarius)) in Navamsa. (In Rasi, both the Mandi & Gulika are in the 4th house of Taurus) The native lost her father at 26!

I also have a chart, where the native has Mandi is conjoined Sun in Navamsa (1st house Saggitarius) - the father passed away very young, within a year after the native was born! :( [This one's natal has Gulika conjoined a waning Moon in 11th house (Saggitarius) - but the mother's all hale & hearty!]

Though, I would like to bring to your notice that in both the charts, 9th (libra) lord Venus is deposited in the 12th house (capricorn).

Regards,
Karmatrix
"Now look here.
I did not say I was a millionaire.
But I said I have spent more money than a millionaire!
Cause if I had kept all of the money I had already spent,
I woulda been a millionaire a long time ago!"

- Going Down Slow (Howling Wolf)

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 11 Mar 2011

Date : March 11 2011
Time 2 46 PM / 14 46
Sendai
Japan 38.32 N / 142.36 E
Lagna@ 22.38 Cancer

Note Maandi's position . :(
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 11 Mar 2011

Phalit and Samhita are two different branches of astrology.Phalit siddants are applicable on the chart of the country. To explain this we should use chart of the country along with dasha and see the different yogas of earth quake. Some people use Kurma Chakra to pinpoint the event. Late Sh Kelker Ji of Pune was an expert in predicting the earth quake. I have also heard about two scientist from chennai did the research in astrology and got very good results in the prediction of earth quake. Most astrologers give good prediction but fail in predicting the intensity of the quake and exact timing of the event. Even one life time is less to learn by doing the constant research on this subject and this should be the constant en devour of every serious astrologer on this forum to find the real methods to know this in advance, and save the precious human life. Regards
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

sunny70

Post by sunny70 » 15 Mar 2011

I have maandi and gulika in 11th house by themselves,no luck yet with the crores :roll: I guess I dont have the other planetary combinations :?:

anilesh47
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anilesh47 » 15 Mar 2011

Dear sunny,

Personally i dont believe in upagrahas. I have seen those persons who have mandi/gulika in 12th house and they are crorepati. See there is no matter whereever mandi/gulika placed. Just stick with what classic astrology. There are millions billions people who have taken birth with mandi gulika in 11th house, i dont think every one would be billionaire or millionaire.

Regards
Nilesh
All People laugh on me because I am Different but I laugh on them because They all are Same. This is my attitude. So "Think Different, Do Different and Be Different"!

kabir
Contributor
Contributor

Post by kabir » 18 Mar 2011

Dear astroboy and all the learned astrologers,

In my birth chart by taking, gulika rises at the beginning and mandi rises at the middle portion of saturn,
i get Gulika- 13' 52.80 in Mool nakshatra, in 11th house (sagitarrius) in conjunction with jupiter
and Mandi- 17' 39.15 in Psha nakshatra, in 11th house (sagitarrius) in conjunction with jupiter

But by taking gulika rises at beginning and mandi rises at the end portion of saturn.
i get gulika -13' 52.80 in Mool nakshatra, in 11th house (sagitarrius) in conjunction with jupiter
and mandi- 52' 38.63 in Usha nakshatra, in 12th house (capricon)

From Bphs gulika in 11th house
enjoy women of class,
be a leader of men,
be helpful to his relatives,
be short in stature,
and be an emperor

But is not the case with me, what could be the reason is it due to conjunction with the jupiter or else.

Please tell me.
thanks
kind regards
kabir chintan

Dob: 29th april 1984,Time: 02:29 AM, Place: Amreli, Gujarat, India

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 20 Mar 2011

Good day Kabir,

VarahaMihira says " people born with Shani in Mesha will be "fools" , "decietful", and "always be on their legs" . I have seen many people with Shani in Mesha, and they are far from being "fools" and "decietful" .

The dictums in any classics only serve as indicators . It's not to be taken literally and applied in toto . In some cases these rules come alarmingly true , and in some cases they fall flat . You have to look at the over all scenario before you attempt to apply a rule.

One rule I have been taught is that Gulika / Maandi have to be alone in the 11th . I am not saying that Gulika / Maandi in the 11th alone makes every one a crore pati . There are other factors to support this placement . Its unrealistic to assume that the other 9 planets become defunct and its only Maandi who is doing all the work .

And By the way , You are just 29 ? Am i correct . Do not be in a hurry . :) You have a good horoscope . Things will work out for you .

Best regard's
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 20 Mar 2011

Hello Deepak,

Could you analyse this w.r.t mandi/gulika and wealth for this Leo Ascendant?
Saturn and Gulika in 2nd house Virgo.
Mandi in Chandra Rashi Libra with Mars and Jupiter.

Date: July 28, 1982
Time: 9:30 pm
Time Zone: 5:30:00 (East of GMT)
Place: 72 E 50' 00", 18 N 58' 00"
Mumbai, India

Regards,
Anushree
A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong...

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 21 Mar 2011

by anushree44 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:26 pm
Could you analyse this w.r.t mandi/gulika and wealth for this Leo Ascendant?
Saturn and Gulika in 2nd house Virgo.
Mandi in Chandra Rashi Libra with Mars and Jupiter.
Date: July 28, 1982
Time: 9:30 pm
Time Zone: 5:30:00 (East of GMT)
Place: 72 E 50' 00", 18 N 58' 00"
Mumbai, India

Anu, Deu boro dis dium thuka :)

Now the time given is 9.30 PM . Description is of 9.30 AM . What shall I take ??

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 21 Mar 2011

9:30 am... please :-)
A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong...

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 21 Mar 2011

Anu,

As a general rule, Shani in the 2nd by itself for a Leo asc is not desired . Gulika acts like Shani and so the effect is double . Shani in the 2nd generally indicates a disrupted family life , or rather a tumultuous family life . Gulika only amplifies it .

Maandi in the 3rd is thought to be good by some texts . You can read specific effects above in the previous posts . What is distruptive is the close conjunction of Maandi and the Moon . Its akin tohaving a Shani + Chandra Combination . Having said that , Guru's association will curb the malefic tendency to some extent . Notice that Moon is in Swati and so is Maandi . Guru also joins the two there . This is good in some ways because , no matter what happens , Guru will extend some protection . Its like a push Pull effect .

The symbol of swati is a young sprout quivering in the wind . And just like that young sprout quivering in the wind, The mind though rooted and controlled , has a sense of restlessness and instability . No matter where they roam , They always come back to the starting point . This is something difficult for the other people associated with him swallow . Guru's conjunction with the Moon controls that restlessness and instability to a great extent . Do not forget Kuja there . Kuja also induces sudden upheavels in the thinking process . Guru again comes to the rescue . All in all , With effective use of free will and good advice , Life can be lead with ease .

Trust this help's

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 21 Mar 2011

astroboy wrote:Anu,

As a general rule, Shani in the 2nd by itself for a Leo asc is not desired . Gulika acts like Shani and so the effect is double . Shani in the 2nd generally indicates a disrupted family life , or rather a tumultuous family life . Gulika only amplifies it .

2nd house- is face, this guy was very much popular for his looks in his college days.. Pretty Handsome...
but its shocking to see him now...his looks are not the same anymore..Changed significantly....

This person has always been against his father and the family has been against him ..He has arrogantly gone against the decisions of his father ..
His mother is a nice lady...
three siblings.. one of them a doctor..He's Unmarried so only time will tell whats in store for his marital life..

Maandi in the 3rd is thought to be good by some texts . You can read specific effects above in the previous posts . What is distruptive is the close conjunction of Maandi and the Moon . Its akin tohaving a Shani + Chandra Combination . Having said that , Guru's association will curb the malefic tendency to some extent . Notice that Moon is in Swati and so is Maandi . Guru also joins the two there . This is good in some ways because , no matter what happens , Guru will extend some protection . Its like a push Pull effect .

Yeah guru is the protector here, Mars is strong though and Yogakarak.

The symbol of swati is a young sprout quivering in the wind . And just like that young sprout quivering in the wind, The mind though rooted and controlled , has a sense of restlessness and instability . No matter where they roam , They always come back to the starting point . This is something difficult for the other people associated with him swallow . Guru's conjunction with the Moon controls that restlessness and instability to a great extent . Do not forget Kuja there . Kuja also induces sudden upheavels in the thinking process . Guru again comes to the rescue . All in all , With effective use of free will and good advice , Life can be lead with ease .

This guy is quite controlled (may be there is this tornado running in his head) but he doesnt show it.
He is calm and composed (like a thought process continuosly going in his head)
But when he gets angry..Its pretty much like a Volcano...a dormant one though :-)

suniti

Post by suniti » 22 Mar 2011

confused_rocky wrote:arey deepu bhai,,
dear confused rocky-ji
see i'm not an astrologer but i am trying to learn something
maybe you already know astrology or dont see these topics worth addressing
however is it necessary for you to interrupt in discussions with what seems to be childish nonsense?

this is just my opinion

please correct me if im wrong and you indeed have something of value/substance to add.

regards
suniti

Nitin21

Post by Nitin21 » 22 Mar 2011

suniti wrote:
confused_rocky wrote:arey deepu bhai,,
dear confused rocky-ji
see i'm not an astrologer but i am trying to learn something
maybe you already know astrology or dont see these topics worth addressing
however is it necessary for you to interrupt in discussions with what seems to be childish nonsense?

this is just my opinion

please correct me if im wrong and you indeed have something of value/substance to add.

regards
suniti
Dear Sunitiji,

I just finished reading Rocky-Kshaya Upanishad :mrgreen: . It is written that when 5100 approx years in kaliyuga would have passed, there would be a human born with a brain of a fish+Frog+turtle :mrgreen: who would be 17-19 years of age, would type into his keyboard with lights off in the room and make spelling mikshtakes, would be an expert in Ungli Shastra :mrgreen: , and whose sole objective of birth would be to kill the momentum of jyotish on LOVA, will have a hughe dhakanlike fanbase, will make expert commentaries on Siddhantas just like the way our MPs run the states :mrgreen: , and would be pay no heed to advises and will continue to shamelessly come back and make moronic arguments in the disinterest of the forum members :mrgreen: . He shall alone form a 4th vedanta apart from Dwaita, Advaita and VishishtAdvaita. It will be known as UngliVaita :mrgreen: . the principle by which such philosophy works is that Kali the daitya resides permanently in the Ungli of Shri rocky maharaj and one should only meditate on such ungli to gain Confused Loka :mrgreen:

Please note this is just the tatparya of one shloka, written by rocky devaru. :D :D . there is also a rocky sahasranamavali if you are interested. Just type Rocky-Kshya Upanishad brahmaSutras by Confused Publishers :mrgreen: from PataalLoka. :mrgreen: in google.

Trust this helps your cause.

Please note all mistakes are purely mine. Guru Rocky is Akhanda Gyani.

Regards
Sonu

Abhijit Muhurta !!!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Abhijit Muhurta !!! » 22 Mar 2011

astrosonu wrote:Dear Sunitiji,

I just finished reading Rocky-Kshaya Upanishad . It is written that when 5100 approx years in kaliyuga would have passed, there would be a human born with a brain of a fish+Frog+turtle who would be 17-19 years of age, would type into his keyboard with lights off in the room and make spelling mikshtakes, would be an expert in Ungli Shastra , and whose sole objective of birth would be to kill the momentum of jyotish on LOVA, will have a hughe dhakanlike fanbase, will make expert commentaries on Siddhantas just like the way our MPs run the states , and would be pay no heed to advises and will continue to shamelessly come back and make moronic arguments in the disinterest of the forum members . He shall alone form a 4th vedanta apart from Dwaita, Advaita and VishishtAdvaita. It will be known as UngliVaita . the principle by which such philosophy works is that Kali the daitya resides permanently in the Ungli of Shri rocky maharaj and one should only meditate on such ungli to gain Confused Loka

Please note this is just the tatparya of one shloka, written by rocky devaru. . there is also a rocky sahasranamavali if you are interested. Just type Rocky-Kshya Upanishad brahmaSutras by Confused Publishers from PataalLoka. in google.

Regards
Sonu
Sonu Bhai ....... Tussi great ho ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nitin21

Abhijit Muhurta !!! wrote: Sonu Bhai ....... Tussi great ho ! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nothing great bhai.. today i did 1 lakh japas of Rocky Guru by meditating on his Ungli.. :mrgreen: Sab Rockyguru ka prasad hai :mrgreen:

Abhijit Muhurta !!!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sonu Bhai Check this out......
Our newest member confused_rockky
We have a double K rockky....!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Must be from Ekta Kapoor serial..... :wink: :mrgreen:

Rocky devaru has got "wind" :x of our posts..... there is going to be tsunami on LOVA :shock: Kiski mut poocho :oops: :oops:

Nitin21

Abhijit Muhurta !!! wrote:Sonu Bhai Check this out......
Our newest member confused_rockky
We have a double K rockky....!!!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Rocky devaru has got
Bhai he must have created another ID to just keep quiet.. because he cannot do that with his first id :mrgreen:

Abhijit Muhurta !!!
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

astrosonu wrote:Bhai he must have created another ID to just keep quiet.. because he cannot do that with his first id
Oh no Sonu sir....the double k has already posted and talking to the single k....... :roll: :twisted:
Pralay ka time aagaya..... :shock:
Vaughn Paulji will lock the whole LOVA and throw the key in the Pacific :lol: :lol:

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » 22 Mar 2011

by astrosonu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm
Dear Sunitiji,

I just finished reading Rocky-Kshaya Upanishad . It is written that when 5100 approx years in kaliyuga would have passed, there would be a human born with a brain of a fish+Frog+turtle who would be 17-19 years of age, would type into his keyboard with lights off in the room and make spelling mikshtakes, would be an expert in Ungli Shastra , and whose sole objective of birth would be to kill the momentum of jyotish on LOVA, will have a hughe dhakanlike fanbase, will make expert commentaries on Siddhantas just like the way our MPs run the states , and would be pay no heed to advises and will continue to shamelessly come back and make moronic arguments in the disinterest of the forum members . He shall alone form a 4th vedanta apart from Dwaita, Advaita and VishishtAdvaita. It will be known as UngliVaita . the principle by which such philosophy works is that Kali the daitya resides permanently in the Ungli of Shri rocky maharaj and one should only meditate on such ungli to gain Confused Loka

Please note this is just the tatparya of one shloka, written by rocky devaru. . there is also a rocky sahasranamavali if you are interested. Just type Rocky-Kshya Upanishad brahmaSutras by Confused Publishers from PataalLoka. in google.

Regards
Sonu
Awesome....LMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by kunalbhardwaj27 on 22 Mar 2011, edited 1 time in total.
see in forest mummy duck is going to water pond for swimming means - daddy duck and baby ducks is going in the backside of mummy duck and jumping in water. Not looking this side not looking that side. Simply jumping.

-- Howzat

kunalbhardwaj27
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by kunalbhardwaj27 » 22 Mar 2011

by astrosonu » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:45 pm
Nothing great bhai.. today i did 1 lakh japas of Rocky Guru by meditating on his Ungli.. Sab Rockyguru ka prasad hai
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

-- Howzat

astroKid_84

Post by astroKid_84 » 05 Dec 2011

shilpa wrote:Dear Anilesh...that is a very informativee link on Gulika.
It answers the question we had on the Dasha / period when Gulika affects will be prononuced:

Dasha-timed Gulika effects

Gulika's sluggish, retarding effects are most pronounced during the dasha period of Grahayuti Gulika.

The native feels a tremendous frustration of being 'held back' against their will. They sense restraint by Shani-like forces of social rigidity or caste, depending on the domain occupied by Gulika.

Although muted slightly when Gulika occupies domain-3, -6, -10, or -11, the long-term, deep-seated but largely invisible environmental restraint is always felt during the dasha of a graha yuti Gulika.

Traditionally, the dasha period of any graha that is yuti Gulika in the navamsha or dashamsha vargas will also deliver Gulika's effects. Naturally the Gulika slowdown will impact relationship behaviors if coming from the navamsha, and career/public respect behaviors if coming from dashamsha.

Dear Anilesh,

Thanks for the above link on Mandi. This best describes my current Surya Dasha. Surya is conjunct Maandi in 12th house (Pisces). Tremendous frustration (of being held back by fated events) would be an euphemism to describe my experiences in my current Surya MD.

However, Sun is afflicted on other counts too, apart from being with Maandi.

From my current Surya MD experience, I can certainly say that Maandi is aggravating the already afflicted placement of Sun.

However, Maandi's lord, Jupiter is very strong in the chart and placed in own 9th house. Maandi's D9 lord Saturn is again exalted in Rasi chart in 7th Kendra house.

Regards,

AstroKid_84
Last edited by astroKid_84 on 24 Jan 2012, edited 1 time in total.

Vel
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Vel » 10 Dec 2011

What happens if Gulika is in the 7th house with MA.
By the way Ma is in Scorpio in its own house. (it is Mahapurusha Yoga)
Thanks in advance.
Vel

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 19 Dec 2011

Hi all
In kerala it is considered that gulika does good always in the 11th house ,and does bad in all other houses.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.