Maandi / Mandi / Gulika

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Vel
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Maandi / Mandi / Gulika

Post by Vel » 20 Dec 2011

OK, what happens if you have Gulika in 11 house and Mandi in 12th house with SA and KU. :D
Thanks
Vel

Humannature

Post by Humannature » 22 Jan 2012

astroboy wrote:Good day to you Shilpa ji ,

here is something that might interest you .

When the lord of the house, in which Gulika is posited, is strong and occupies an Angle or Trine, his own, his exaltation sign or a friendly house the native have chariots, elephants and horses, will be handsome like cupid; enjoying great respect and widely renowned and will dominate over the world. (Phaladeepika chapter 25 sloka 30

Hello AB,
I read 5/7 pages of this post today..
May be I missed it somehow and it might seem silly to have this Q even after reading such exhaustive post but I will ask anyway..
I understand we should look at the lord of the house in which GK is placed but if Gulika and Mandi are shown in different houses (which happens in some charts, though could be in the same house in some other charts) then which house lord am I looking at to determine the strength?

if lord of house in which GK is placed is weak but the lord of house in which Md is placed is strong, then which one should we look at?

Thank you

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 29 Jun 2012

astroboy wrote:April 21 2007
14 : 35 PM
Mangalore

Phaladeepika Chapter 25 Sloka 15 Should Gulika be associated with the Sun, it would prove killer of the father of the native.

1. Lagna is Leo
2. Lagna Lord is exalted
3. Ravi is the Significator for Father
4. Significator is exalted
5. 9th house Stands for Father
6. Ravi is exalted in the 9th house

Now note the Above sloka . Gulika is at 6Deg36 while Ravi is at 6Deg56 . Both are in the Nakshatra of Ketu . The child lost the father in Kuja Dasha Ravi Bukthi . I rest my case .
Check in my chart, Sun and Gulika are within half a degree, lost my father at 6.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Jun 2012

anxious2711 wrote:
astroboy wrote:April 21 2007
14 : 35 PM
Mangalore

Phaladeepika Chapter 25 Sloka 15 Should Gulika be associated with the Sun, it would prove killer of the father of the native.

1. Lagna is Leo
2. Lagna Lord is exalted
3. Ravi is the Significator for Father
4. Significator is exalted
5. 9th house Stands for Father
6. Ravi is exalted in the 9th house

Now note the Above sloka . Gulika is at 6Deg36 while Ravi is at 6Deg56 . Both are in the Nakshatra of Ketu . The child lost the father in Kuja Dasha Ravi Bukthi . I rest my case .
Check in my chart, Sun and Gulika are within half a degree, lost my father at 6.

Dear Anxious,
sorry to hear about your childhood loss, and thanks for sharing.

--it is not just sun-Gk conjunction.....as a single parameter responsible for your loss.
There are many other conditions that i listed......that get satisfied for Gk to unleash it's maximum havoc in your case.

-- Gk is no doubt afflicting Sun the karak for father....
however Me is the Lord of 9th house ruling father that is the host that Gk is using to cause havoc.
--Me is badly combust and hence malefic for the chart.
--Gk is conjunct with malefc Me,
--You were running the dasa of Me.....hence the effect of Gk is exaggerated.
--you were runnin 12th lord of losses.....Jup's AD.....which is also conjunct with Gk.....there fore exaggerating the Gk affects...which are like mutiplied by an order of magnitude.... as he is conjunctung with dasa and antara naths.

--if the age is 6 Me.....malefic for this chart is transitting over natal Me-Gk conjunction in the same period. Me may have even been combust wgeb in transit also.

--Transits of fast moving planets are sharp and potent when it's periods are running.
And that satisfied the last condition of a malefic transitting over, the natal malefic-gk conjunction......and here the transittory malefic is same as one in natal chart......multiplying the malefic impact further.

--Loss of a father is a HUGE tragedy....and cannot happen by a single adverse parameter....many malefic conditions have to converge and multiply, for such a catostrophe.

--alternative schools of analysis and D CHARTS should also show this major event predominantly.

Regards

PS*Ironically at other times in life, Gk may do you some good it's in the 11th house
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 30 Jun 2012

Hi Shilpaji,

He actually passed away on 02/05/89, and in terms of transit my 11th house was empty at that time.

Point to notice though is that Gulika is conjunct the Sun in almost all charts up to D45, and furthermore, Sun the karaka for father is debilitated both in D9 and D10.

What do you think?

Thanks,

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 30 Jun 2012

anxious2711 wrote:Hi Shilpaji,

He actually passed away on 02/05/89, and in terms of transit my 11th house was empty at that time.

Point to notice though is that Gulika is conjunct the Sun in almost all charts up to D45, and furthermore, Sun the karaka for father is debilitated both in D9 and D10.

What do you think?

Thanks,
Dear anxious...thanks for the exact date.

Even without the transits the dasa and antara nath conjunctions with GK were big exaggerations.

But on second look I see Me was on your given date was transitting directly opposte your 11th house in Taurus and in full aspect of the natal Me-GK conjunction.
In transits the direct aspects are almost as strong...if not exactly so as crossing the same house.

Yes D-Charts will show a lot of repeat patterns towards major life events.

D-30 Trimsamsa the chart for miseries and misfortunes is another one to look out for.....for reflection of major misfortunes.
....in transit Me was aspecting the Trimsamsa Lagna and Gk is also conjunct with Sun in D30 also.

the point being....major catsotrophies will require multiple unfortunate parameters applying at the same time........their foot prints all over the dasavarga charts....and no matter what system / paddathi / karak / alternate lagna based approachh one uses....it will be clearly seen.

Thanks again for opening up a sad part of your life.

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 01 Jul 2012

Thank you for the feedback, I thought Budh being a Kona lord in my chart was a benefic for me. I guess not. But then using the same logic even Venus should be considered a malefic, being combust and conjunct Gulika, shouldn't it?
I have one question though, I read that Jupiter being conjunct Gulika takes its maleficence away.
Thanks a lot,

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 01 Jul 2012

anxious2711 wrote:Thank you for the feedback, I thought Budh being a Kona lord in my chart was a benefic for me. I guess not. But then using the same logic even Venus should be considered a malefic, being combust and conjunct Gulika, shouldn't it?
I have one question though, I read that Jupiter being conjunct Gulika takes its maleficence away.
Thanks a lot,
Dear anxious,

--I believe Venus period will be mixed for you .....and much better thahn Me for following reasons:

a) Venus is ruling 5th and 10th and seated in the 11th..i.e a trinal and Kendra houses....and unlike Me that rules 9th(trinal) and 6th( dusthan).....so no dusthan association for Venus.

b) Venus is YK for shani LL...whihc in itself is listed a a Raj Yoga

c) Venus has an amsabala of 4 in Dasvarga charts...whihc is pretty strong...compared to an amasabla of zero for Mercury.

so Venus should be more good than bad, in my read for those reasons. Contributing to professional growth and earnings....Maybe the relationship part is the one that suffers a bit more due to combustion but there is enough compensation for Venus because of reasons a) throuhg c)

Regards

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anxious2711 » 01 Jul 2012

Thank you,

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 05 Jul 2012

hi astroboy and shilpa.

I have mandi and gulika in scorpio with mars and saturn.
Just curious ....What will be the effects for me....considering the below. :twisted: .?

Chap 25 : Phaladeepika
9. When Gulika occupies the 2nd House, the native will not talk in a pleasant way, will be quarrelsome,will have little wealth, or corn and be living in foreign land. He will not be true to his word, nor could take part in any discussion intelligently.

Regards,
Anushree
A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong...

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 07 Jul 2012

Dear anushree44
At first glance, when you say Mars plus Saturn plus Gulika is a bad disposition.
However with respect to Lagna OR Moon the the effect may not be that bad.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 11 Jul 2012

Dear Subramanian Pandath,

I read the effects of combinations of gulika+sat,Gulika +Mars, Mars+ Sat in phaldeepika and other internet sources.
Im a libra lagna with moon and ketu.
So its more easier to interpret since lagna and moon are same one point of reference but the combination of planets,how much weight to which planet makes it confusing :)

regards,
Anushree
A strong woman knows she has strength enough for the journey, but a woman of strength knows it is in the journey where she will become strong...

astroboy
Donor
Donor

Post by astroboy » 11 Jul 2012

by anushree44 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:58 am
hi astroboy and shilpa.
I have mandi and gulika in scorpio with mars and saturn.
Just curious ....What will be the effects for me....considering the below. .?
Chap 25 : Phaladeepika
9. When Gulika occupies the 2nd House, the native will not talk in a pleasant way, will be quarrelsome,will have little wealth, or corn and be living in foreign land. He will not be true to his word, nor could take part in any discussion intelligently.
Good day Anushree,

I saw your post the day you wrote it. I did not reply because i wanted to reconfirm the correct placement of Gulika and maandi in a Horosocope.

I have realised that though these two Upagrahas are of prime importance in a horoscope, there is absolute chaos in the world of Jyotishya as to the placement of the two upagrahas. The confusion is so much that there is scope for debate between Guru and Shishya(Sanjay Rath ji and P.V.N.Rao ji). Both have differed opinions.

Anyway, its safe to assume that Gulika is indeed in your 2nd house. Please do me a favour, There are several results ascribed by Phaladeepika when Gulika is in the 2nd house. You make an honest self assessment and come to a conclusion if that sloka can be applied in your case or not. I know one thing is true, That you are living in a foreign land. the rest i dont think is applicable to you, But you can make a honest self assessment. :)

Best regards,
deepak,
Through hard work and spiritual practices, a person gets honor and dignity. The lazy one who puts in no efforts is like a fool who allows salt to be spilled on the wounds of his misfortunes. The idler depending only on fate, achieves nothing. - K.N.Rao ji

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 12 Jul 2012

Dear anushree44

Under normal circumstances if Gulika is in 2nd, Then the house of the native where he was born (ie; house of parents) will ruin. That may get demolished/caught fire/sold out/not possessed presently due to some reason etc: or something like that.If that happened then you can assume that your Gulika in 2nd is working.
Under normal circumstances means ,
1.there should not be the aspect of a strong Jupiter.
2.the navamsa lord of Gulika is not a shuba graha. etc:

Further can I have your birth details please.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 12 Jul 2012

subramanianp wrote:Dear anushree44

Under normal circumstances if Gulika is in 2nd, Then the house of the native where he was born (ie; house of parents) will ruin. That may get demolished/caught fire/sold out/not possessed presently due to some reason etc: or something like that.If that happened then you can assume that your Gulika in 2nd is working.
Under normal circumstances means ,
1.there should not be the aspect of a strong Jupiter.
2.the navamsa lord of Gulika is not a shuba graha. etc:

Further can I have your birth details please.
Hello Subramaniap,

Thanks for the comments.
Birth details:
28/02/1986 ,22:42 IST,Ribandar,Goa.
libra lagna,libra rashi.

At the time of my birth my parents stayed in a rented house in the city (dont know if it still exists)
Our ancestral paternal home is an old portuguese mansion in the village.I was not born there but it is my fathers house but post my fathers death,my uncle took over gradually,everything,land property and house.
As an infant I lived at my maternal uncles place under the supervision of my granny and aunts till i could start school.By the time I started school,my parents moved in our own apartment(purchased by parents).
the same is my current home till date and my mom lives there,mom built another home recently all by herself which is not possessed as it is new..
So i dont feel that what you mentioned above has happened

Out of my curiosity and interest,I did a lot of internet search as i do not have any astrology books.
I read that "Gulika becomes even more malefic with Saturn."and right now with Saturn transiting my libra ascendant where moon is conjunct ketu.I was wondering how evil and bad it would be...?

Regards,
Anushree

anushree44
Contributor
Contributor

Post by anushree44 » 12 Jul 2012

astroboy wrote: Good day Anushree,

I saw your post the day you wrote it. I did not reply because i wanted to reconfirm the correct placement of Gulika and maandi in a Horosocope.

I have realised that though these two Upagrahas are of prime importance in a horoscope, there is absolute chaos in the world of Jyotishya as to the placement of the two upagrahas. The confusion is so much that there is scope for debate between Guru and Shishya(Sanjay Rath ji and P.V.N.Rao ji). Both have differed opinions.

Anyway, its safe to assume that Gulika is indeed in your 2nd house. Please do me a favour, There are several results ascribed by Phaladeepika when Gulika is in the 2nd house. You make an honest self assessment and come to a conclusion if that sloka can be applied in your case or not. I know one thing is true, That you are living in a foreign land. the rest i dont think is applicable to you, But you can make a honest self assessment. :)

Best regards,
deepak,
Hello Deepak :)

Good to hear from you.
Yeah starting to apply the traits and assess oneself is the 1st thing we do.However not all traits I can relate to myself so I am assesing whether I am becoming evil and worse :twisted:

Gulika,mandi,mars,saturn!!! well small & big but all Super powerful planets.Already feeling the blows of Saturn!! Wondering whether I would gradually incorporate all of mentioned traits in reality with passing time? I have read somewhere that malefic effects get activated during a particular/related planets transit.currently under sade sati,Saturn MD commencing 2016 and then will have mars MD also in some years:?: If this is true then,Gulika in scorpio is such a scary combination that I feel it shall sting throughout my life. :cry:

I tried to search the extracts below and now i start to think if my birth time is really correct?
Since some of the below traits can be given by mars alone or sat and mars combo and not gulika alone.

Regards,
Anushree
Phaladeepika:
Ch.25 Shl.9 When Gulika occupies the 2nd House, the native will not talk in a pleasant way, will be
quarrelsome,will have little wealth, or corn and be living in foreign land. He will not be true to his
word, nor could take part in any discussion intelligently.
In Second House - Speaks ill of others. Involve himself in domestic troubles. Face financial hardship.
Effect of gulika with
Mars - Adverse family relations with co-borns and suffer from their early death.
Saturn - Suffer from skin and allergy diseases.
BPHS :
Ch.25 Shl.63 If Gulika is in Dhana Bhava, the native will be unsightly in appearance, miserable, mean, given to vices, shameless, and penniless.
Jataka Parijata:
Ch.9 Shl.1 If Gulika be in the 2nd bhava, the person born will have a craving for sensual enjoyment, be of
wandering habits and indulge in scurrilous language.
Prashna Marga 9-41 says,
The below (a) group can confer difficulties &(b) group can even cause death or such situations
a) Natural malefics Sun, Mars &Saturn, weak moon and mercury associated with malefics. Rahu/Ketu 6/8/12 lords,
(b) Maraka planets, 22nd drekana lord, 64th navamsa lord are malefic and inimical to the native.

By the above statement, Gulika is far more malefic than all of them inaggravating the negative properties or even turning the positive to nil ornegative. (reducing their benefic nature)
This is more so when it is associated with Saturn who is karaka for 8th & 12th bhava and also Karaka for roga / sapa (illness/curse etc)
Gulika spoils the benefic significations of most of the houses by occupying them. Thus, all troubles ensue when Gulika occupies the lagna.In the second house, it curtails family comforts and financial savings.
According to Prashna Anushtana Padhathy,a much older treatise of Astrology from Kerala. Here the author, by referring to Gulika specifically indicates its importance in determining the life span of the individual, his
health and illness.This is the foremost of factors.
As per Other references
effect of gulika in 2nd: Shabbily dressed; used to vulgar or impolite talk
Effects of Gulika in conjunction with
SATURN - Leprosy
MARS - Separation/bitterness with brothers

ashbunty

Gulika in Pushya Nakshatra

Post by ashbunty » 13 Aug 2012

Hello, Am Ashish Sharma born on
30th January 1979 at 22:40 Hrs. Raipur (CG).
I have Virgo Ascendant.
I have Venus in 4th house.
I have Sun, Mars & Mercury in 5th house.
I have Moon & Ketu in 6th house.
I have Jupiter in 11th house.
I have Shani & Rahu in 12th house.
I have Exalted Jupiter & Mars.
What Boons & Banes Has been Destined for me.
Kindly help.
My Questions are:
1. Do I have Pitr Dosh?
2. Does My Venus help in Property & Land?
3. When will I be stable financially?
4. Will I get Glory & Recognition in life and in which Field of Work?
5. Why Am I Here?

Thank You All.
Regards.

Ashish Sharma.

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 14 Aug 2012

Dear Ashish Sharma.
I noticed that you have posted the same details and same questions in another topic in the LOVA ie;
Under Which planets makes you Miser
I have Exalted Retrogade Jupiiter in 11th House.
Rahu Conjunct with Saturn in 12th House Leo.
Destined for Greatness?
Jupiter & Mars Exalted or Not?

Please see that any astrologer will get confused by doing like this and you may not get the proper reading.
If it is to test the knowledge of this forum members then I don't have anything to say.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Gulika in Pushya Nakshatra

Post by anxious2711 » 14 Aug 2012

ashbunty wrote: I have Exalted Jupiter & Mars.
Dear Ashish Sharma,

Unfortunately, if two exalted planet aspect each other it is considered as "Uccha Bhanga". They won't give you the benefits of if only one of them was exalted.

Regards,

map
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by map » 14 Aug 2012

anxious ji,
Uccha bhanga is really surprising to me. It is like if two good people come together they do bad.
regards
map

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

map wrote:anxious ji,
Uccha bhanga is really surprising to me. It is like if two good people come together they do bad.
regards
map
Check this out:

http://www.astrologytree.net/2009/08/uc ... -yoga.html

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 14 Aug 2012

I dont think that works, Lord Rama had sun and saturn exalted and aspecting each other and then I think another pair aspecting each other, may be mars and jupiter.
Dev

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yes Devji,

You are right. Shri Rama had Moon and Jupiter in lagna in Karaka, Retro Saturn in 4th, exalted Mars in 7th and Sun in 10th.
I just read that post today so it stuck to me when I read Ashish ji's post. But then again, despite being such a great king, lord Ram has has his share of trials in life too, starting with the exile and then the separation with Sitaji...

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 14 Aug 2012

Yes anxious, but then it was due to some other aspect, saturn or so, I dont remember, but not due to these planets, that is why we are asked to draw his horoscope at home. Except for the separation, everything was fine with him, he had to be separated because of the boon granted by his father and that was again a result of his own karma in the past. I am sure everyone would be anxious to discuss his horoscope from this point of view ie mutual aspects between uchcha planets

anxious2711
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Yeah i don't buy it either. At least not in Shree Rama's case.