Maandi / Mandi / Gulika

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
ashbunty
Dev and Anxious.

Post by ashbunty » 15 Aug 2012

Well thank you both for talking about Sri Ram and me but now please solve my gulika problem and other queries too.

If Its Up To Me, Its Up To Be..!

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Maandi / Mandi / Gulika

Post by Dev » 15 Aug 2012

Well I know very little about gulika, it is in kerala that they give too much importance to gulika and mandi, so they may be consulted. Also Astroboy has also talked about it in this forum.

Dev

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 22 Oct 2012

Hi Astoboy,
Mine is Capricorn Lagna and in the 1st house i have exalted Mars , moon , Gulika, Mandi. What are its effects???

karthik1984
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by karthik1984 » 22 Oct 2012

Hi Astroboy,
Mine is Capricorn Lagna and in the 1st house i have exalted Mars , moon , Gulika, Mandi. What are its effects???

mgprasad
Contributor
Contributor

Post by mgprasad » 07 Nov 2012

I know of an astrologer who lost his daughter and was telling me that maandi caused death to his daughter at very young age. I dont know where was mandi in his daughter's horoscope though.

bowly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bowly » 11 Jul 2013

have seen few queries on this forum about gulika and mandi being in two diff houses but no response about its effects;;
I have gullika in 11th house cancer and mandi in 12 house leo..does it mean that gullika is beneficial and maandi will cause problems..if yes then would mandi cause loss by aspecting or if when planets cross paths with mandi..

hiimnotcool
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by hiimnotcool » 11 Jul 2013

may someone please inform me where my gulika and mandi are? my laptop with Jhora software broke down and i am only able to use my phone while it is in the shop being fixed.

aug 29, 1985
10:33 pm
sacramento, california

R V RAMANAN
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by R V RAMANAN » 11 Jul 2013

Dear himnotcool,

Gulika is in the third house in Gemini in punarvasu nakshatra and maandi in cancer in the fourth house in the same nakshatra.

Regards
ramanan

bowly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bowly » 15 Jul 2013

gullika in cancer in ashlesha nakshtra in 11th house and maandi in leo in magha nakshtra 12th house...I have read that gulika is most happy in 11th house but how would maandi be for the 12th house ..

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 16 Jul 2013

nn
Last edited by subramanianp on 16 Jul 2013, edited 1 time in total.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

bowly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bowly » 16 Jul 2013

thanks Subramanian but did I say something wrong,,i said that gullika is happy in 11th house and you are saying its good to have gullika in 11th house..same thing

also what abt maandi in 12th house

[quote="subramanianp"]Dear bowly
what you have read is wrong.
It is very good to have GULIKA in the 11th house.[/quote]

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 16 Jul 2013

Dear bowly
I am sorry about that.
In fact I wrongly read your post.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

bowly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bowly » 16 Jul 2013

I am sorry about that.
In fact I wrongly read your post.[/quote]

no worries Subramanian..do u know about mandi in 12th house n its effects

subramanianp
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by subramanianp » 17 Jul 2013

Dear bowly
The KERALA astrologers consider GULIKA and MANDI as one and the same.
The calculation is done for GULIKA as given in the book BHALADEEPIKA by Saint Manthreswara.
And I belong to the KERALA school.
So to me only GULIKA is to be considered in a chart.
And if GULIKA in the 12th the result is as under.
1.Less interested in material world.
2.More expenditure than the income.
3.Always having a depressed mood. etc:
This is as per Chapter 25,sloka14 of BHALADEEPIKA.
सर्वे भवन्तु सुखिनः।
सर्वे सन्तु निरामयाः।

Astrologically yours.
Subramanian Pandath.

bowly
Contributor
Contributor

Post by bowly » 17 Jul 2013

thanks subramaniam

seems like gullika in 12th does not apply to me

what would be the results of gullika in 11th.

The calculation is done for GULIKA as given in the book BHALADEEPIKA by Saint Manthreswara.
And I belong to the KERALA school.
So to me only GULIKA is to be considered in a chart.
And if GULIKA in the 12th the result is as under.
1.Less interested in material world.
2.More expenditure than the income.
3.Always having a depressed mood. etc:
This is as per Chapter 25,sloka14 of BHALADEEPIKA.[/quote]

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 14 May 2015

swamykool wrote:Dear Shilpa ji,

In B V Raman's book '300 Important Combinations' there is a yoga with Gulika as the prime component. It is called the 'Vanchana Chora Bheeti yoga', it says that if a Kendra or a Kona Lord is conjunct with Gulika the person suffers from acute mental fear of getting cheated or burgled or robbed and has a very suspicious nature. If the Lords are strong the person is mentally very alert, extremely cunning, suspicious and can actucally smell a rat a mile away. Intuition in worldly matters becomes very high. (actually a very good yoga to have for men of the world) but if the conjunct Lords are weak or severely afflicted then suspicion and fear of deprivation becomes like a mental phobia and in extreme cases can develope psychological imbalance.

In about 10-12 cases in my experience I've seen this yoga work out very well. Many Politicians, businessmen and High Govt. Officers have this yoga.

swamykool
I have gulika conjunct moon(10th lord) in 10th and the above described yoga fits 100% to me.I don't use any of the above qualities to cheat/misuse others, but use only to protect myself and my belongings 8)

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 15 May 2015

I have gulika conjunct moon(10th lord) in 10th and the above described yoga fits 100% to me.I don't use any of the above qualities to cheat/misuse others, but use only to protect myself and my belongings 8)
So this Yoga is working 100% in your case :)
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 15 May 2015

anuradha wrote:
So this Yoga is working 100% in your case :)
Yes Anu madam, my mind is very alert , have this good intuition to know something beforehand and I don't beleive anyone soon( call it suspicious :mrgreen: ) .And I don't put any effort to stay alert because that is in my nature.
But cunning doesnt seem a perfect word because cunningness is when you use it on somebody to gain something but I dont expect anything from anybody( even if they are my parents) .All I do is safegaurd mine. So yes, this yoga works 100% in my case.

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 18 Jun 2015

Dear Learned Astrologers,

Can someone please tell the effect of Gulika in my 8th house Saggi ? Does it meet Gandanta point?
Is Gulika making conjunction with either of these 3 planets: Jupiter, Sun or Mercury?
If yes then can you please tell its effect as well?
Dec-24-83, 16:20, 21:46 N, 72:11 E
Thank you!

SoulLight
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SoulLight » 25 Jun 2015

Hello!
Please someone shed some light...
Thank you!

odin100thor

Post by odin100thor » 18 Jul 2016

Hi

I see that in a native's chart, Lagna is Tula and 10th house has exalted Jupiter, Lagnadipathi Venus and Gulika - all in the same Nakshatra of Ashlesha and same Pada 3rd pada. There is no planetary war between Jupiter and Venus, as they are 3 degree apart. What is Gulika conjunction with Jupiter and Venus mean? Please enlighten me.

Questions:
1. Since Gulika is very very closely conjunct two best natural benefics, will the benefic attributes of Venus are Jupiter are completely destroyed?
2. Venus is lord of lagna and conjunct 6th lord as well as Gulika- odes that show any health issues?
3. Exalted Jupiter is conjunct Gulika - will exalted jupiter be able to reduce negative effects of Gulika?
4. Gulika is in 10th house, but Mandi is in 11th house? So what will be the effects?
5. The native will go through Jupiter Mahadasha starting age 22 - so what will be the effects. Jupiter is already 3rd and 6th lord and now even conjunct Gulika.

aspiringjyotish

Post by aspiringjyotish » 19 Jul 2016

Gulika and Mandi are one and the same....different names for Shani putra....
Connection of Jupiter to Gulika will definitely reduce the maleficence of Gulika but in turn Gulika will instill some poison in Jupiter.....

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 19 Jul 2016

But except for keralaites not many astrologers take gulika or mandi into consideration. Still some of their predictions are perfect. Now how important is gulika and how long does he take from transit from one rasi to the other?

odin100thor

Post by odin100thor » 20 Jul 2016

Hi

The reason I mentioned Gulika and Mandi as separate is because I am using (like many others) Jagannatha Hora software. According to Shri Narasimha Sir (creator of Jagannatha Hora), Gulika is the starting point of Sani's Bhaga and Mandi is the middle point of Sani's bhaga. And in the native's chart as mentioned in the post above, Gulika is in 3rd pads of Ashlesha Nakshatra in Cancer i.e. last degrees of Cancer and Mandi (center point) goes to next raasi which is Leo raasi.

@aspiringJyotish, if you consider both Gulika and Mandi as same (according to what you have learnt), then do you take Gulika as the starting point of Sani's bhaga or the middle point. Please let us know.

Thanks

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 21 Jul 2016

subramanianp wrote:Dear bowly
The calculation is done for GULIKA as given in the book BHALADEEPIKA by Saint Manthreswara...
Pardon my curiosity but how did "bhala" (bala = strength) originating in the south become 'phala' (fruit, product, outcome) in the north? :?:
Rohiniranjan