Planets in MKS

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
bali1938
Donor
Donor
Planets in MKS

Post by bali1938 » 12 Feb 2010

1)I read in one of the docs that I downloaded that MKS gets cancelled if it is not present in D-3 chart. I dont know whether I understood it correctly but is this true?

2)What happens if Jup(R) is in MKS for Libra Lagna but is vargottama(3rd + 12th). MKS as I understand is death like state for a planet. So does it lose all its powers? If yes, then can it protect houses 7,9 & 11 through its drishti?

Thanks.

bali1938
Donor
Donor

Re: Planets in MKS

Post by bali1938 » 08 Mar 2010

Hi Nina,
I was not able to attach the pdf file- I found this when I type MKS in google.
http://rohinaa.com/om/attachments/083_R ... aka....pdf

Actually I wanted to know more about MKS in a known child's chart.
DOB-21.5.08
TOB-4.32PM
Place-Madras,India
Thanks.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 09 Mar 2010

Sir, Ganghiji, G.w bush, Toney Blair, G.Brown,Bill Clinton,Madona, Dr Rajendra Prasad have Sun in the twelth house. Please guide. Anuradha
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

lovacrs
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lovacrs » 10 Mar 2010

Shrikanth ji,

Thanks for the nice explanation. I notice that except for Me and Su, the other MKS positions correspond to either
the debilitation points or the 7th from MoolTrikon in the natural zodiac. Is this so by design or is it just a
coincidence?

CRS
CRS

Satya
Donor
Donor

Post by Satya » 17 Mar 2010

Nina,

I have another chart I was reading just now and noticed she has Ju in 3rd house although in its own house. Do you think it will strengthen it some what? If Jupiter can't work in 3rd house, what is the big deal? I mean which areas will the native suffer most? 3rd house is rather ambiguous to pin point anything significant other than immediate environment, communication or such things.

25th Dec, 1984; 01:54 AM; Hyderabad

I have read about MKS but never paid any attention since none of the planets are in that state in any of my own charts. Till now, I saw very few apart from mine :)

- Satya

Satya
Donor
Donor

Post by Satya » 17 Mar 2010

Thanks, Shrikanth.

You said in your earlier post MKS planet would not be able to perform in that particular bhava because it is out of scope area for that planet.

Is my understanding right, if I suppose:
1. It will not affect the other bhava it may be ruling (Ju rules 3rd and 6th house, but only 3rd house suffers, not the 6th)
2. Not much affect on its beneficence or malefence (of the planet)
3. No positive or negative affect on its aspect - say on 9th house here - a strong Ju aspecting 9H does good to native, being MKS will not reduce its benefic affect

- Satya

neelkumar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by neelkumar » 23 Apr 2017

Shrikanth wrote:
09 Mar 2010
Dear Bali1938,

Marana Karaka Sthana position for a planet is the bhava where the planet feels uncomfortable due to the significations of the Bhava.
The planet is uncomfortable about what the house stands for - The significations seem to be opposite to what the planets' abilities and capacities are.
The planet becomes incapable of discharging his duties, working in that house.

Here's the list of where planets have MKS
Sun - 12th
Moon - 8th
Mercury - 7th.
Venus - 6th
Mars - 7th
Jupiter - 3rd
Saturn - lagna
Rahu - 9th.

Let's take Sun for example - Sun signifies soul, father, knowledge and wisdom and also signifies ego and pride. It naturally likes to be associated with the lagna in bestowing good health, knowledge, wisdom, charitable qualities, and also strengthens the ego and pride, self reliance, independence.
But once Sun is placed in the 12th all these qualities go down the drain - its a house of loss, giving up, sacrifice.
Very difficult proposition for Sun!

Take Venus for example signifies all the best things in life luxuries, comforts, enjoyments, sexuality, company of the opposite sex etc.,
6th house is the house of celibacy, brahmacharya - Obvious Venus is finds it uncomfortable there.
Its like a Playboy placed in a monastery!

Take Mars for example - he's a warrior, fighter, believe in confrontation, impulsive - attack first and then ask questions.
He's given charge of making relationships, contacts, Public relations and improving good will - its such a bad portfolio for this planet.
He'd rather be in the 6th house of celibacy, away on battlefields, cutting down his enemies - but 7th is a misfit for him.
An army general handed the charge of being a public relations manager.

Hope this explains the concept clearly
Shrikanth
Aww..my Mars and Mercury are in 7th House.
But what's worse is my Venus in 6th :-(
Any cancellations?
मैँ सुरज हुँ - अँधेरा चीड़ के हर रोज़ निकलूँगा,
मुझें क्यॉ रोंक पाओगे, ऊँजला रोंकने वालोँ।