Lord of two child houses sitting together

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Dashas
Contributor
Contributor
Lord of two child houses sitting together

Post by Dashas » 25 Aug 2019

I just came across this excerpt taken from sanjay rath -

If two lords of the child are placed together, then one of the children shall survive. For e.g., if the lords of 5th and 9th are placed in the same sign, then one among the children shown by them shall survive. However, it is difficult to determine who among them shall survive and can only be determined from practical events. In the present case, if there is a miscarriage of the first child, the 3rd child shown by the 9th lord shall survive and vice-versa.

Source: http://varahamihira.[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE].com/2005/0 ... f.html?m=1

I just wanted to know what the learned astrologers here think about it? Is it really that if lords of two child houses sit together, one child may not survive? Is it too general to say that?

Thank you for your valuable insights.

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Lord of two child houses sitting together

Post by Dashas » 02 Sep 2019

Can anyone pls tell their views on this?

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 21 Sep 2019

If the two houses are strong and aspected by good Jupiter , I think the calamity does not take place . One interesting fact I observed is we can refer this point from children's chart . The first child 's chart is connected to the 5th house , second child's chart is connected to the 7th house and third child's chart to the 9th house . we can find the rasi , nakhathra , the lord of 5th house , the aspects to 5th house all have connection to the 1st house . If 5TH LORD is sATURN , 5TH is aspected by mars , 5th is tenanted by sun , the first child's lagna or Moon falls in Saturn rasi , aspected by Mars and nakshathra is Sun's . The same way the second child's lagna , moon , have connection with 7th house , lord , and nakshathra of the 7th house . Thus it is a simple rule to know which house is strong by superimposing the details with those of that particular child and fairly conclude the loss of that particular child .

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 23 Sep 2019

Thank you iladevi19 for your insights. It's quite interesting what you have written. I happen to have 5th and 7th lords together in 11th, both aspecting my 5th house. I have one child and my child seems to have both influence of mars and mercury (precisely, has mercury lagna lord and mars rashi lord).

That dictum was the only place I have ever read it so was looking for more insights on that. Could you pls give some example charts to elaborate on this point? If you'd like you could use my chart (if it's appropriate) or any other.

Thank you again.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 29 Sep 2019

This is just an observation and you can cross check it in as many charts as possible , with many changes in times many dictums have undergone some modifications . So the best is to cross check to verify the results .