Combustion in adjacent houses?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
raghunandan
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Combustion in adjacent houses?

Post by raghunandan » 21 May 2019

Hello,

I have a doubt regarding Combustion.

Let us assume that the Sun is in a watery sign like Cancer at 28 degrees (Ashlesha 4th).
And Jupiter is at 1 degree in Leo (Magha 1st).
Is Jupiter combust in this case?

Generally a planet is combust when it comes close to the Sun. But here, Jupiter is in a different sign and also in a different star.

Also, Nadi astrology says that a planet is combust only when it is in the same Nakshatra Pada as that of the Sun.

Any insights on this?

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Combustion in adjacent houses?

Post by ChandraLagna » 21 May 2019

Radhunandan,

The rules of combustion do not make an exception when the planet is in another house. It is the proximity that matters. If you think about it, the definition of house is a astrological construct & does not even remotely imply there are any walls or separations in space delineating houses to prevent combustion.

So to answer your query, yes, Jupiter is combust. What is more important is whether sun is ahead, or behind the said planet and this difference matters in a chart. In one case native runs into issues in initial phase and generally struggles to overcome the effects whereas the other case is when the issue caused by combustion is overcome more easily. Your case is the latter.

I am not so certain that Nadi methods requires the condition of being in same nakshatra - can you please quote the exact source?
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Kathy

Post by Kathy » 22 May 2019

Hello,
I had this doubt as well for combustions and i placed a question regarding it but i can't find the thread for some reason.
Venus in Cancer 29d56" and Sun in Leo 0deg46" in 3rd and 4th house respectively for taurus lagna 28deg16". According to Jagannatha Hora is classified as plannetary war where sun wins and not as combustion. However this doesn't exist in d9 where both planets are getting exalted in 7th and 8th house. I'm confused about how to interpret it, although i believe that is an obvious combustion since i have faced endocrinological and weighty problems at 18 and father is quite repressive/domineering in nature towards me...:/ Any opinion is welcomed:)

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 22 May 2019

Hi Kathy,

You are right, it meets the definition of combustion. Mercury and Venus being always close to sun often get into combustion and its not something I'd worry too much about. The effects of combustion are more pronounced when the planet involved is Jupiter, Saturn and Mars.

Do understand that combustion/conjuction/aspects etc in D9, or indeed in any Divisional is meaningless and there are no houses in any divisional either, as I have explained in different threads across the forum and you can search and read about them.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Kathy

Post by Kathy » 26 May 2019

Thanks for your answer! Unfortunately i have faced the results of this combustion and they weren't so pleasant. At the age of maturation of venus meaning age 25 will the results diminish or at least be innactivated? Or what can i do practically in order to diminish the results? Thanks

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 27 May 2019

I think you need to consider also the effect of Gandaanth rather than combustion. Gandaanth is when a planet is at border of Water/FIre sign within 0.5 degrees generally speaking for simplicity and this is the case for your venus. Despite being a great product, Jagannath Hora sometimes throws up conclusions that are puzzling and at variance with classical texts. Your mention of the planet being in war and not being combusted is an instance of such a puzzle. Your Venus is in Gandaath and is also combusted.

Remedy for this would be to stop any form of cruelty towards cow ( including eating beef, if you do) and feeding grass to cows on fridays.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Kathy

Post by Kathy » 27 May 2019

Thanks again for your answer! Gandanta point and planets in gandanta are still ill-defined, and are being given vague interpretations on the web, so I don't know what should i believe. Since venus is ak has been said that maximum karma has been accumulated and now it's time to be burnt. Can you provide more details regarding planets in gandanta? Plus i have given up meat consumption since march, exclusively only chicken meat and that happens only once or twice per month. I'm trying to stop it gradually. I don't know if i should stop cow's milk and cheese consumption as well.:)

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 30 May 2019

@chandralagna sir,

By the same law, if Mercury gets combust in a different adjacent sign, in D-1; should we still consider budhaditya yoga to be in effect? If yes, then the result would be according to what? Sun's occupied house or mercury's?

Thanks

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 30 May 2019

@Kathy: cow's milk and cheese are OK per traditional views, however today, it depends on the degree of cruelty behind those dairy products. In case you are not aware of such cruelty, please see this video ( warning: Graphic images): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RNFFRGz1Q

Given your skepticism on content found on internet regarding Gandaanth, I will not add further to it, since this post and forum is as well part of the same internet!

@abhi8492i: As I said before, mercury hovering around sun & getting combusted is not a very uncommon occurrence. Sun and merc could be in different signs and yet be in same house and you can read about such bhava definition on this forum in different sections. The signs are important too. As an example, one of them placed in earthy and another in fiery sign could mean use of one's wealth and intelligence for righteous and larger purpose if sun is ahead of mercury.

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Kathy

Post by Kathy » 01 Jun 2019

@ChandraLanga- Thanks again for your answer! Video doesn't exist on YouTube but i've got the picture on what do mean...The problem is that dairy products and especially milk are produced after violation of cows mainly hormonally as far as I have heard. Although i have given up meat consumption and milk the past few months, still I haven't seen any result regarding relationships (friendship, love, even parental relationships). Only appearance has been changed. In my opinion the problem is actually the 3rd house and i totally agree with kapiel's raj video regarding venus in 3rd house. Constant ups and downs in all type of relationships is story of my life and people with similar placements with me seem to agree. So if you know any practical remedy regarding this and how to activate dormant love life (venus) i would be super grateful and eager to read. 🙏☺️

Agog
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Agog » 22 Sep 2020

Dear chandralagna sir

Reviving an old topic as @abhi8492i stated on sun Mercury being in different houses but degree wise close will the dictum of budhaditya apply for them being in different bhavas but degree wise close.

If it will what will such budhaditya bestow for native?

Regards

KMD
Contributor
Contributor

Post by KMD » 19 Feb 2021

Hi,

IMHO there is no yoga if Sun and Mercury are in different houses (bhava) even if they are close degree-wise. This is because by the very definition of the yoga, they should be in the same bhava.

Regards,
KMD