Do retrograde planet(s) make the native confused?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Do retrograde planet(s) make the native confused?

Post by revribhav » 06 Feb 2019

quote from a learned person:-Too many retrograde planets in horoscope is sure sign of CONFUSED CHARACTER.

my observation:-No the dilemma has nothing to do with a retrograde planet, I have a retrograde saturn in 8th house.
A retrograde planet has something out of ordinary, I usually find the natives having several retrograde planets living unusual life when the effect of retrograde planet is most intense.

I faced an almost fatal accident during the age of 36th year; saturn in the 8th may have triggered the event.

A planet in 8th house indicates dangers, however it is upto the native’s attitude to feel like a victim or a survivor.

aganapa2
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Do retrograde planet(s) make the native confused?

Post by aganapa2 » 06 Feb 2019

What are the characteristics of retro planets? What do they signify? Is it unfinished business,delay or negativity of that particular function or should they be treated as normal planetary motion when it comes to results.

For eg. retro saturn in Rohini nakshatra in Taurus lagna vargotama. Saturn is a yogakaraka,bhadaka for this lagna.How do we read the significations,characteristics and functional aspects of this Saturn (i.e 9th,10th and lagna where he is sitting and the places he aspects 3rd & 7th as well).

-AG

joyd

Post by joyd » 06 Feb 2019

A retro planet makes one as deep thinker.It delays the events related to him[including placemental house significations too].Normally they will assess the things in very fast way in their first glance.After that they will look or think back on it.people thought that this is confusing element of a retro planet but it surely not.Mars-venus retrogression is said to be more dangerous than other planets.why bcz they beheave either in extreme or of frozen.Any retro planet surely delays but not denies their result.In the other sense,they are sure shot indicators of the event that they want to give to native.

joyd.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 06 Feb 2019

aganapa2 , It is a good idea that the house of occupation of retrograde planet be treated as one house prior to its house too; e.g. saturn in 7th house retrograde shall be treated as occupying the 6th house too, in addition to original house ; the aspects of aforesaid planet is not backward.

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lala1234 » 08 Feb 2019

I HV three planets retrograde...but I guess beneficial planets being retrograde is good...I have Venus, Mercury and Jupiter all three retrograde...with Venus and mercury in the ascendent and Jupiter in the 6th house

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 08 Feb 2019

My Lagna lord Jupiter is retrograde in 12th house. Pisces ascendant. Situations do a lot of unnecessary back and forth of what happened.

Jai Shri ram

joyd

Post by joyd » 08 Feb 2019

Lala-No astrologer cant predict correctly what your retro venus will going to give and it is an herculean task to so many expert astros too.Here veus denotes either a curse from woman or a gift from woman.Mercury retro denotes some pending karmas towards your maternal side relatives in your previous birth.And also you may escaped a loan amount to one of your friends too.jupiter denotes that you are indebted to your sons an gurus, & priests..

joyd.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 08 Feb 2019

I endorese your views, a planets effects are intensified due to status of retrogression; I feel that the positive rebels against the system have usually a planet in a trika house,e.g. 8th house,retrograde.

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lala1234 » 09 Feb 2019

Respected Joyd, Revribhav sir,

I am naive in astrology...but I have observed a lot of delay in getting things done in my life. Everything I initiate requires tremendous efforts and multiple setbacks.

Just to exemplify the aforementioned, I m currently located in Toronto as a permanent resident holder, but I tell you it you, it took me a couple tourist visa rejections , one study visa rejection and then finally made it through the PR. Many a times it is depressing to see how easy it is for people in comparison to me, but I just pray to the Almighty and leave the rest to him.

But sir it is strange that the retrograde mercury 9th lord and Venus 5th lord has not effected my education, one of the tough licences of Project Management was cleared in the first go when I was amature to the subject area.

My details
Female
DOB - 31/12/1989 ddmmyy
POB - Mumbai, Mahashtra, India
TOB - 10 am IST

Sir mercury is also my darakaraka, so this implies I have to struggle to get my hubby and also it will be a struggle to keep the relationship peaceful?

Thanks and regards

joyd

Post by joyd » 09 Feb 2019

@Lal-wrote-/ it is strange that the retrograde mercury 9th lord and Venus 5th lord has not affected my education, one of the first go when I was amature to the subject area....the tough licences of Project Management was cleared in the first go when I was amature to the subject area.

provide your educational[all from 10th standard to pg.you just mention 10th standard starting year and pg ending year.[if you dont have any breaks from starting to end of pg].If breaks mention those break years info too.the tough licences of Project Management was cleared in which year? also needed for cross checking purpose.Hope you are female by gender..if not mention it too..

joyd.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 09 Feb 2019

[quote=revribhav post_id=278258 time=1549686894 user_id=1178]
I endorese your views, a planets effects are intensified due to status of retrogression; I feel that the positive rebels against the system have usually a planet in a trika house,e.g. 8th house,retrograde.
[/quote]

When we drag a philosophy that is beyond reason we have to be circumspect.
I do not endorse view that retrograde planet has a connection to past life.Our present life itself is enough to watch the retrograde planet's effects.
My aforesaid reply was addressed to querent lala, she has, apparently ,three auspicious planets retrograde.
Last edited by revribhav on 09 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Respected Revribhav sir,

Thanks for your reply.

Regards,

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Respected Joyd sir,

Sir to answer your queries....my starting year for 10th grade was June 2004 and without break...cleared my post graduation in the year May 2012.
The project management license was cleared in the year Nov 2016. It was my first and only attempt.

Yes sir I m a female by gender..

Hope this helps..if you need any further information do let me know.

Regards

joyd

Post by joyd » 10 Feb 2019

@lal-as i mentioned about venus retro peculiarity,her status in your chart surely affects your married life.venus in your chart ,gives the results of 4-8-12-5-1 houses.venus is natural karaka for marriage.when you considers mercury as your jaimini DK, He gives ,4-8-9-1-12-houses.so venus -mercury commonly indicating some kind of negitive results to 4[gruhastha]-8[mangalya]-12[bed pleasures]1[self/health] house significations.your 7th house is with ketu.All leads to some delay in your marriage.7th lord moon under nodes influence. is also contributing for your marriage delay.

Now at present you are under retro jupiter mahadasha.He is 12th lord of bed pleasures placed in 6th house and aspecting the 12th house.As both mer-venus are in retro,moon under nodes,your marriage event may happens @ Your 37-38th Years juncture.THis is the actual role of retro benefics.why they have to behave like this is your question.

Here is the answer for your question-

we all think retro benfics are always good but in my experience retro malefics are more positive and gentle.A malefic in retro means a lot astrologically.Natural benefics improve live significations and malefics material significations.so that a retro benific means,it acts in reverse way.Instead of improving live significations, they improve material significations like education/job/properties.In your case and mentioned incidents[clearing licence test of management/smooth educational graph without any breaks like] falls under retro planets mer-venus & also ketu which is under their aspect.

so all your 3- retro benfics are not at all benefics for live significations like your health/relations/husband/kids etc..but surely they are benefics in terms of material things and gains..It means, you will equipped with cars,bunglows,huge bank balances,landed properties but you dont have mental peace and support from your near and dears.can we call them as real benefics ?[the best example is late CM of tamilnadu ,j.jayalalitha.she has 2 retro benefics in her chart but you know well about her personal life tragedies.even she left her own daughter..]

There are so many misconceptions about retro benefics that they are always do good for the native but they are not true.Astrologers judge the chart based on their experiences on retro benifics.THis is not my imaginary reply to you but my experience[@revribhav When we drag a philosophy that is beyond reason we have to be circumspect.]

@lal-pl update the events that are going to happens in the following pereoids.so that other astro students will learn from your inputs on retro benifics...
1-jup/mer-18-8-2020 to 24-11-2022..
2-jup-ven-31-10-2023 to 29-6-2026..
3-jup-ketu-24-11-2022 to 31-10-2023..why i included ketu here is ,he is under the influence of 2-benific retro planets..All these periods will give only material gains but not any kind of mental satisfaction and peace to native..

Hope lal is cleared her doubt with my reply..one more clarification is-your retro mercury is 6[pending past life karmas]- 9th lord[which can be forwarded to your coming births too] so he is attached to your past life pending karmas...your 12th lord retro jupiter is aspecting your 12th house of karma reservoir.so again he is hinting some karmas of your past life too..your retro venus is the 5th lord of poorva punya and papa too conjucted with your 6-9th lord mercury,also hinting the same.Any body can clear certain amount of past karmas in our present life.SO we cant come to a decession/conclusions that retro planets dont have any connections with our past life karmas.If we think so, our astrological learning process stops at this point blindly.The discussion of karmas journey from birth to birth is a big ocean and it never dries.so i am leaving this karma clarifications bcz of space and my time..

wish you all the best lal..
joyd..

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lala1234 » 10 Feb 2019

Respected Joyd,

Thanks for taking your valuable time to pay heed to my query and answer the same in a detailed manner. Sure I will certainly update you about what is going on in my life in the aforementioned years. One is for sure by April or August 2020 I will be completing my degree from the University. Yes health wise I was really sick...had a near death experience so to say. Money and wealth is concerned yes I m happy in my family as dad still provides for me, having a big house and great lifestyle in Mumbai. All I desire now is a good soulmate who will stand by me in thick and thin. Sir a close friend who is also into astrology predicted that I may meet my better half in this year of 2019...how far it is true? Any idea about his occupation and whereabouts.

Thanks in advance

joyd

Post by joyd » 10 Feb 2019

lal-it is a different thread question.so place it in marriage section..

joyd.

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lala1234 » 10 Feb 2019

Respected Joyd sir,

Thanks a lot for your guidance. I will surely place the question in its proper section. Apologies for the inconvenience caused from my end

Thanks & Regards.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 11 Feb 2019

The classical texts of Indian astrology do not condemn retrograde planets or suggest a connection to so called previous birth; the philosophy of attributing negative implications may have been borrowed from western astrology.
So far as my experience reveals, it(retrogression or stationary status) motivates to repeatedly doing the same thing, until the native succeeds.

A retrograde Saturn suggests we seek our own rules instead of following other people’s opinion.
Had there not retrograde saturn in my 8th house (mooltrikona, in the house of occult,hidden world) I would not have been gifted as an astrologer by destiny.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 11 Feb 2019

My Mercury is exalted and retro in Virgo at 22 deg influenced by Sat at 28 degree and Sun at 7 deg in the same sign. Ra/Ke in angles to Mercury at 15 degree in Gemini and Sagittarius resp

If I had to describe my thinking it would be - iterative thinking till I have considered most of the perspectives. I have the ability to self regulate and second guess myself every now and then. This finally leads to clarity of thought, I am rarely confused about things once I've spent time thinking things through. I become very deeply involved in things analytically and have the tendency to turn even an innocuous question into a case study. Can get very irritating for other people but no one would describe me as confused

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lala1234 » 11 Feb 2019

Respected Revribhav sir,

You are correct as Jupiter us the 12th lord retrograde in my chart, in the mahadasha of Jupiter itself I relocated here in Toronto..but that is also correct that Jupiter bring retrograde made me put multiple efforts and look for multiple avenues and finally made it successfully through PR..but never gave up.

Thanks & regards

joyd

Post by joyd » 13 Feb 2019

@lal/revr ji...

Direct motion is kriya-creative [work] shakthi.., stationary-gnana [clarity] shakthi, and Retro motion-ichha [desire] shakthi.In retro their aspects play a key role..revr ji well aware of this point..Now let me dig a layer more on Lals retro benifics..

@lal-Fate and destiny are very powerful and unavoidable traps of almighty. Let me explain the plan of your retro planets under the guidance of destiny or fate in a detailed way[layer by layer].

1-Mercury[r]is your 6th lord of job/subordination/competitive spirit/practicality. He is also the lord of 9th of long distance travels/abroad. He is in lagna of - "self”. His dispositor Saturn is in 12th.THe pattern of "r"- mercury follows as like this. He will drive you towards all his significations mentioned above as 6-9th lord. It means you like to settle @ abroad, in a good job, to get that you struggle, competent to get such PR,and you got it,traveled to Toronto[relocated].Finally that you proved[self] and said "aa-ha".But don’t be eager to ask the question-why mercury pre-intelligently designed this trap for you and that is a different layer. When that time comes, i will discuss it leisurely. your retro mercury aspecting the 7th.so its denoting a foreign life partner or that kind of relationship that is going to be developed. So here your mercury influencing 1-6-7-9 house significations.

2-Mahadasha of R-Jupiter is running now. He is the 3-12th lord of your lagna.12th is your bed-pleasures/abroad. he is placed in 3rd house of communications[natural zodiac-gemini] and lord of 9-12th lord again[abroad-sex-foreign relationship-life partner kind of things.].Coming to lagna wise, he is in 6th house aspecting the 12th house. so your Jupiter strongly desiring /dreaming about these significations. As 12Th-3rd lord he pushed you for PR. Here your Jupiter desires a good job and a good life partner as per his benificiency attributed under retro motion.

3- Now let me examine that how your [so said benific by Raghav ji] retro Jupiter in his dasa going to play his negative role during mer-venus sub periods..
Your Jupiter is in mercury sign gemini.so he materialises all mercury’s signification/influencing house 1-6-7-9 results like we discussed in the above paragraphs..Why bcz mercury is Jupiter’s house placed dispositor [like a house owner]..As you keenly observe, jup-sat/mer/ketu/venus sub periods coming in a serial row [one after another]manner.

Saturn initiates a new relationship @ abroad. Mercury strengthens it. Ketu weakens it. Finally Venus breaks it. Sometimes Mercury himself can take the role of Venus too.

Every planet has 2 house lordships except the luminaries. Among this one is good and other one is negative. Here the positive side of your retro Jupiter make you move to abroad, offered g good job and also PR status too. Your retro mercury fully assisted to your Jupiter in this trap.

Due to 3-12 and 6-9 lordships, Jupiter in 6th gives losses, change of jobs, break/misunderstandings in relationship. Whereas mercury in lagna placement gives the same due to Kendra position with nodal influence.

A benific in reto always shows its smiling face first and then kicks the native in a negative way. It is just like a graphic magic in fantasy, fiction movies. This is the actual reason for confusion on retro planets behaviour. This is why i told that such retro benifics acts in a reverse way and gives all material comforts except mental peace, near and dear ones. so decide yourself on it.

joyd.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 15 Feb 2019

There is more negativity in our surroundings than we need; Joyd, you have your freedom of expression,I keep dissent to your views.

joyd

Post by joyd » 15 Feb 2019

welcome Rev ji..

joyd.

Lala1234
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Lala1234 » 16 Feb 2019

Respected Joyd sir, revribhav sir,

Thank you Joyd sir for your detailed analysis on my query, I am sure it must have costed you a lot of your personal time. I am really grateful to you for the same.

Revribhav sir, thank you so much for discussing your point of view on the same query.

God Bless both of you.

Thanks & regards 🙏