Sun Mercury Jupiter conjunction

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Shunyam9
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Sun Mercury Jupiter conjunction

Post by Shunyam9 » 16 Jan 2019

Can someone tell me what effect will it have in different houses in a chart ? Thanks.

joyd

Re: Sun Mercury Jupiter conjunction

Post by joyd » 16 Jan 2019

@shu-Better you read the text -saravali of kalyana varma.why i am suggesting like this is, your question may be in one line but for an answering astrologer it tooks pages to explain such tri-graha conjunction in each zodiac sign.so first exercise to read basic classics before placing this kind of questions.we wont get knowledge in a fast food way.suppose if someone offers you such kind of knowledge,it gives the same negitive effect f such fastfood[junk].pl start your homework now.

joyd.

Shunyam9
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Shunyam9 » 17 Jan 2019

@joyd ok thanks for suggesting me this. Any other suggestions for books or other resources ?

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 18 Jan 2019

Joyd,
I have gone through Saravalli..especially the chapter 16 conjunction of 3 planets...that talks about this conjunction but without anything particular about sign.I would appreciate if you could comment on this conjunction in Gemini.

joyd

Post by joyd » 18 Jan 2019

@sns-the versions[editions]that are circulating in the market are quite new ones.you better to look for the much older editions available with some libraries.i will answer your question by to night..MOre than 2 planet conjunctions applies a sandwich rule which is very peculiar in giving their final results.i will give that also to you.

joyd.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 18 Jan 2019

Thanx Joyd,
I will try to get the older version.I will also enquire some used- book sellers.

joyd

Post by joyd » 18 Jan 2019

@sna-you have given the sign but i need the house position from lagna too..

joyd.

joyd

Post by joyd » 19 Jan 2019

@sns--Assume that such conjunction in gemini[sign]and 7th house[gemini] from sagittarius lagna native.Jupiter is more natural benific,sun is malefic,mercury is neutral.Why mer is neutral is bcz of close conjunction with a more benific planet jupiter.so here mercury is in between a malefic and highly benific jupiter & sun.so here , two[jupiter-sun] planets are against one planet [mercury]Now come to saravali interpretation about this combo-

"If Jupiter, Mercury and the Sun be together at birth, the native will be subjected to eye-diseases,
be very wealthy, be interested in Shastras, fables, poetry, meetings and stonework and will
become a good writer"

Now apply the sandwich rule given above[mercury under attack of jupiter and sun].Now this mercury takes the one of the significations of sun and also from jupiters and harms them.Being a neutral judge,mercury neither favours sun or to jupiter and pass his impartial judgement.In the same way both jupiter and sun harms one of the significations of such mercury.Let we see them and judge whether saravali sloka is correct or not in practical applications..

Before passing my analysis to you , you please verify what traits you have and what not from the saravalis sloka interpretation.[see 2nd para of saravalis text interpretation about such 3 planet conjunction] and post back here..

joyd.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 19 Jan 2019

Joyd,
I do not have any eye diseases and I am not wealthy. I have all other traits mentioned in that sloka.

Note:
Assuming you are considering the natural significances of the planets here, I understand Ju as highly benefic,sun as malefic and Me as neutral,as you mention.I heard that Me is fickle planet and it needs associations with other planet to be grounded.My question is if it is near to highly benefic planet Ju,should it behave as benefic? I was just thinking about it.Do i miss something here? Sorry If this question is too trivial.( I am just a beginner)

joyd

Post by joyd » 20 Jan 2019

In dwi-graha yoga, what you said is right about mercury's thing but in 3-graha yoga [in sandwich]mercury takes more from malefic sun[even though not in close conjunction degree].you have to consider the order of benificiency of planets to decide whether mer becomes benific or malefic in tri-graha yogas[jup-ven-mer-sun and so on Is the order.In that sense mercury is close to first malefic planet sun.THis is the reason that mer is said to be neutral] so Mer is neutral and able to grasps what those jupiter and sun gives to him.He is just like an empty clean bottle.In other words ,mercury acts as a saint to pass his impartial judgement against those two planets.

Now coming to your wealth and eye disease issues-

When sastrakara mentioned the result of such 3 planet combo with utmost confidence.Here in your case ,mercury hamper the wealth significance of jupiter.As you are just young man of 40years age,you have to wait to crosss verify for the 2nd one,i.e eye disease issues.It is related to sun.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 20 Jan 2019

I have experienced contradictory views with regard to many planet conjunctions from different learned astrologers. This topic is something which should be covered in depth. I beg to differ with JoyD in this while deciding the order of beneficence. If we look at natural order of beneficence then it is Jupiter Venus Mercury Moon Sun Mars Ketu Rahu Saturn in descending order. Now in this particular case where we are considering Jupiter, Mercury & Sun in Gemini... Mercury becomes most beneficial by virtue of being in own sign followed by Jupiter & Sun respectively. Now the one in between Jupiter is sandwiched & it's going to suffer the most. The Dwi Grah Yoga of Mercury+Sun will fructify. Here, Mercury is blessing Sun so Sun MD will give results of Mercury MD & vice versa.

joyd

Post by joyd » 21 Jan 2019

@ shivo- /Natural order not considerd in this kind of yogas.THe order of beneficence stops at mercury.From sun the order of maleficence starts and it will ends with saturn.It means mercury is least benific and sun is least malefic.saturn is more malefic.your said thing about in dwi graha yoga is not a correct one n practical application.you are mixing parivarthana kind of results with reference to their dasas and it is not true.parivartana kind of results possible only if they are placed in their mutual exchange signs like sun in gemini and mercury in Leo or they must exchange their stars like mercury in suns and sun is in mercury's stars.If mer+sun conjucts , only sun gives the best results and mercury becomes neutral.

joyd.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 21 Jan 2019

Joyd,

Is it applicable to all signs? will result vary according to sign?

While applying sandwich rule, if one of the adjacent planets is malefic,the centre planet becomes neutral;if both adjacent planets are malefic,the centre planet becomes malefic;if both adjacent planets are benefic,the centre planet becomes benefic.Also we should only consider natural significances not functional significances here. Have I got that right?

Note:
Classics consider Sun as half-benefic.Still it is malefic to some extent.It is beneficial if it attains digbal rather than exaltation.If the same triplanet conjunction occurs at 10th house virgo,sun gets digbal here.Still can we expect the same result? Please explain.For ther signs I could understand.But for Virgo I got this doubt.

joyd

Post by joyd » 22 Jan 2019

jup-ven-mer[least] are 1-2-3 grade benefits and from sun-mars-ketu-rahu-saturn[most]are 4-5-3-2-1 grade malefics.only mercury applicable to your said rule of 2 malefics/2 benefics.In more than 2 planet conjunctions say as you quoted 3 benefits like jup-ven-mer.Here mercury is nor benific at all.why ? post your answer..

joyd.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 27 Jan 2019

Joyd I contemplated on your question.here is my guess
In Ju ,Su and Me conjunction there is a friendly link among them.Me is friendly to Su.Su is friendly to Ju.Me gets Ju's knowledge through Su.
But in Ju,Me and Ve conjunction, Ju and Ve are opposite planets.Here Me is friendly only to Ve.Common link is missing. Me without support behaves like malefic.I do not know whether I am right.Please clarify.

Note:
You have placed Ju ahead of Ve in benefic order.But I heard that classics place Ve ahead of Ju in order of precedence.Please correct me if I am wrong.