Rahu and placement of other planets - how to count?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Rahu and placement of other planets - how to count?

Post by Hina » 15 Dec 2018

Hi,

A basic question but feeling so doubtful after bad result-

If in a chart- Rahu is placed in 5th house and Mangal is placed in own house in scorpio in 10th, is Mangal in 6th from Rahu or 8th from Rahu? Which is worse and what results?

This is kumbh lagna. Mangal is 3rd and 10th lord placed in 10th house. It has excellent digbal, is exalted in capricorn in navamsha. Running Dasha is Rahu- Mangal.

I expected great results after the 6th lord - chandra AD. While things improved a bit but the results are less much less than expected.

Also what remedies do you suggest?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Rahu and placement of other planets - how to count?

Post by astrostar » 15 Dec 2018

Hina wrote:
15 Dec 2018
If in a chart- Rahu is placed in 5th house and Mangal is placed in own house in scorpio in 10th, is Mangal in 6th from Rahu or 8th from Rahu? Which is worse and what results?
Mars is in 6th from Rahu.
Count-direction does not change for retro planets.
Hina wrote:
15 Dec 2018
This is kumbh lagna. Mangal is 3rd and 10th lord placed in 10th house. It has excellent digbal, is exalted in capricorn in navamsha. Running Dasha is Rahu- Mangal.
Digbala, exaltation, own sign, etc are used to measure the strength of a planet.
So, Mars having good strength.
Hina wrote:
15 Dec 2018
I expected great results after the 6th lord - chandra AD. While things improved a bit but the results are less much less than expected.
Signification differs from strength.
Both are different features of a planet.

Good significations give good results.
Strength may or may not give good results.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 16 Dec 2018

Thank you @Astrostar for your reply!

Does not the 10th Lord carry good significations? 10L in 10th house should be able to provide auspicious results?
Could shani's 7th aspect from 4th aspect delay results?

I am still not able to understand the lack lustre results during this AD.

Thanks you!

murthys68
Contributor
Contributor

Post by murthys68 » 16 Dec 2018

Hina I strictly recommend you to follow significations which are mentioned in scriptures like BPHS. Not other significations.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 16 Dec 2018

Hina wrote:
16 Dec 2018
Does not the 10th Lord carry good significations? 10L in 10th house should be able to provide auspicious results?
The answer should be 100% Yes.
But things are not working, according to the signification of 10L in 10H.

It means....
Mars also holding some other negative significations.
Hina wrote:
16 Dec 2018
Could shani's 7th aspect from 4th aspect delay results?
Yes. Shani's aspect delays results.

Bhishma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Bhishma » 16 Dec 2018

@astrostar Ji, as per the below fact given above, if Saturn's aspect is on 2nd, 7th and 10th bhavas with Saturn placed in 5th then all the significance of the above bhavas gets delayed... am I right ?. Whether the 5H placement also gets impacted severely ? :(

" Shani's aspect delays results. "

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 16 Dec 2018

Bhishma wrote:
16 Dec 2018
@astrostar Ji, as per the below fact given above, if Saturn's aspect is on 2nd, 7th and 10th bhavas with Saturn placed in 5th then all the significance of the above bhavas gets delayed... am I right ?. Whether the 5H placement also gets impacted severely ? :(
" Shani's aspect delays results. "
When Saturn is placed in 5th, aspects 7,11,2 houses; and
yes, those house results get delayed.

Automatically 5H also gets the impact of Saturn.

Saturn's vision is a twisting type vision.
So, Saturn's vision differs from other planets's vision.
Whichever planet/house gets Saturn's twisted vision, that planet/house behaves as if it is in retrogression. This rule applies to even Sun and Moon.

Hina
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Hina » 16 Dec 2018

Dear all,

Lagna Lord Shani is placed in 4th house in Virishabh with house lord Venus.

Shani aspects 6th house 10th house and the Lagna.

I am going back to origins as suggested by @murthys68 and reading BPHS again to find out what I missed. The other thing that I was thinking was that currently Rahu is transiting cancer which is the 6th house in this horoscope. Mars is in kumbha in lagna- enemy house So, maybe the transit placement right now is not conductive to good results.

Currently, Saturn in 11th house of dhanu, aspecting 10th lord Mangal transit in lagna and its own house kumbh- there was great connection between jupiter, 10th lord- Mangal and Shani and the time was correct for thr promise in the chart. But, alas not correct.

Maybe wait a few months for the current transits to change and see if change happens.