Does debilitation depend on the degree the house the planet is in.

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
apota
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Does debilitation depend on the degree the house the planet is in.

Post by apota » 02 Dec 2018

Jupiter is debilitated in Capricorn, but I also read if the degree is less than 12 degrees?. I've jupiter in Capricorn but it is retrograde with 18 degrees and with the third highest shadbala (114% strength - Jagannath Hora software). So I'm not sure if Ju is debilitated?. I ask because I'm running Ju Mahadasha.

DOB: 09/23/1997
Time: 13:00 hrs.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Does debilitation depend on the degree the house the planet is in.

Post by astrostar » 06 Dec 2018

apota wrote:
02 Dec 2018
Jupiter is debilitated in Capricorn, but I also read if the degree is less than 12 degrees?. I've jupiter in Capricorn but it is retrograde with 18 degrees and with the third highest shadbala (114% strength - Jagannath Hora software). So I'm not sure if Ju is debilitated?.
When complete qualities differ between a zodiac sign and a planet, must say, that planet debilitates in that specific sign without regard to degrees.

When qualities differ, a planet doesn't like the sign's place/area/region and feels uncomfortable/awkward.

So, when Jupiter is in Capricorn, we say, Jupiter is in debilitation, is weak, loses beneficent (good) qualities, cannot give auspicious results in a great level, without regard to degrees.

Next thing -
Shadbala strength, retrogression state, etc. are plus points to a planet, and they definitely enhance the planet's internal health (strength) and the planet fights against the situations/places/circumstances. Retro enables a planet to turn inward and gain a robust internal mind (activity).

But they (shadbala, retro, etc.) can not cancel/undo the debilitation state/situation, and they cannot get back all beneficence significations of debilitated planets.

Cancellation of debilitation usually happens with the help of other planets. This enables a debilitated planet to slowly gain some (or all) of its beneficence qualities. The extent of gain depends on other planets' strengths/qualities.

I do not use 'equal house' system or 'whole sign' system for bhava chart.

I do use 'Placidus house' system for bhava chart.
According to this -
Jupiter is in 2nd house; Ketu in 3rd; Saturn in 4th; Moon in 7th;
Merc, Rahu, Sun in 9th; Mars, Venus in 11th house.
empty houses - 1,5,6,8,10,12.

Saturn is in 4th from ascendant and in 10th from Moon.
So, Saturn partially cancels the Jupiter's debilitation.
For full cancellation, there must be some good connections (conjunctions/aspects)
from other benefic planets.
Luminous Omnipotent Valley of Astrology