Does Navmansh Kundli really work?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Does Navmansh Kundli really work?

Post by revribhav » 01 Dec 2018

It does not work like a real birth chart.

Example:- I have been born on a 5th day of waning moon, my moon is full,further my moon is lord of ascendent in the 10 house.

If I take a look into navamsa it is combust.

In the birth chart I have moon gaining strength because of presence in the last quarter;

My simple experience of more than two decades into practical astrology is not to fall into the trap of interpreting the navamsa as if it was a birth chart.

Our ancient seers never ever taught that; do not interpret this divisional chart into isolation; the foundation is the natal chart.

joyd

Re: Does Navmansh Kundli really work?

Post by joyd » 01 Dec 2018

Good observations by you vaibhav ji.

sperm-ova[natal chart] and DNA-RNA are genetic materials[navamsa chart].Hope you like to say that ,the genetic materials won't work.If the navamsa has no role in interpretation/predictions,why then sage parashara has given 5 points of vimsopaka bala for D9 chart ?[natal vb is 6].so what i feel is,D9 has its own role.

JOYD.

revribhav
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by revribhav » 01 Dec 2018

I am saying that navamsa need not be read as if it were a natal chart; a planet having vargottama or own house,exalation, debilitation does hold a distinct status in navamsa; however to interpret in isolation the house system of navamsa, the combust planet in a navamsa shall give erroneous results.
In isolation I have tenth lord exalted in tenth house in virgo rasi in navamsa theoritically I may have an excellent career, in real life I was never promoted during my two decades services without stigma; this situation is verified from rasi chart only when I find that mercury exalted (in isolated navamsa) does not work for my (natal) cancer ascendent though in the second house with second lord sun in leo rasi in rasi chart assures me a fair amount of wealth.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 04 Dec 2018

Navamsa is mostly read together with the natal chart in all these years in India. Just like it is mainly the 9th bhava that supports the Lagna (out of all the other bhavas).

However, if one's dharma is strong, the 9th bhava gives a lot of clues about the native's station in life including career, which is actually 10th house matter, gains, which is actually 11th house matters etc. So similarly with Navamsa. But the clues given, no matter how strong (it may be even stronger than the clues offered by the normally used specific chart in question like the 10th for career), the contribution is only from the dharma point of view. Karma which a large portion comes the 10th, its contribution for the viewpoint of career for the individual is still there. The natal chart on the actual experience of the native (this is 100% ie. the experience can be seen here fully), also contributes some percentage on various matters from the viewpoint of freewill of the native.

Thus people usually think natal chart says all, in a way it does, on the outcome and freewill part with outcome being the most important (after all that is why we study predictive astrology), but we want to know how how much dharma is contributing to each issue too, and for that we look at Navamsa and what to do to rectify the dharma if it fall short by looking at the Navamsa intently. That means remedial measures have a part to play in Navamsa and all other divisional charts too.

But the unique thing about dharma is that it has the capacity to triumph all other factors, and that is why the Navamsa triumphs all other divisional charts. As for the natal sometimes seemingly triumphing the Navamsa, it is because freewill can overcome dharma (that is why some odf us suffer a loss of dharma in this current life due to our foolish actions and behaviour), and also the other reason being the natal registers the outcome which is the effect and not the cause.

A person who follows dharma closely and do not rely on freewill, or someone held hostage (live there if it is taken in a figurative sense or it can be taken in a literal sense) to a totalitarian regime, the Navamsa becomes more important to carry him through.

Mac Khoo Hock Leong

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

To see how important freewill is....

Sadhguru once mentioned astrologers only predict, why don't they get up from their seat and do some action?

Well astrologers analyse charts to give remedial measures. Even electional astrology when predicting catastrophes, we also suggest certain actions to be taken AT THE APPROPRIATE TIME AND PLACE (that is why it can be considered electional astrology like consecrating a statue at a certain place in a certain time) to prevent the calimity from occurring. For individual astrology, it is for the individual to the remedial measures himself. For the latter, it is for the regional leader (whether mayor or town council head etc.) to perform the remedial measure as it is their karma (job function) to perform the task (apply the remedial measure).

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sadhguru says.....if you don't do anything, that is the best, not even chanting mantras. This means let dharma take its course.

As soon as we do something significant to alter our course of dhatma, the fruits of the Navamsa transfer back to the natal by degree depending on how significant our actions are.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Then there is the past lives karma operating through the mind. Here we taking the Moon as the Ascendant operating through the Saptiamsa.

Most of us not that enlightened to tap into the Saptiamsa.

Instead we operate via the freewill in the natal, with the past lives karma operating through our mind giving us direction. BThat is why the Shastiamsa become very important and accorded a higher weightage by Saptiamsa.

We reference the Navamsa when studying the natal to see whether dharma is on our side so that our lives become easier. But we tend tose our mind based on past lives karma more often rather than the dharma allocated to us.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Sorry some typing mistakes above.

All reference to Saptiamsa above should instead be Shashtiamsa.

The 3rd paragraph above should read as :

"...........accorded a higher weightage by Parasara".

Now using the 16 chart system by Parasara, besides the natal chart, the Navamsa chart and the Shashtiamsa chart (the major ones anyway) can be read as overall charts.

So if if we base our actions and behaviour mostly on :

(1) Dharma including things like looking after father, proper actions and conduct etc. look to the Navamsa for outcome.

(2) Past life karmas generated by the mind, look to the Shashtiamsa for outcome.

(3) Freewill then look to the natal chart for outcome.

(4) From all sources INCLUDING from parents' genes (D12) and our innate capacity to reflect on the other (D7), then also look to the natal chart for outcome.

Rgds
Khoo