"Sanyas" because of combustion

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor
"Sanyas" because of combustion

Post by wanderingSteps » 17 Sep 2018

Recently, during a discussion in a separate thread it came out as a new insight, (to me), that combustion can lead to sanyas. I have not heard of this, conceptually before. Could those who know and want to share throw more light on this.

(Please do not confuse this with the separate thread and separate question of having 4 or more planets in one single house in natal leading to "sanyas").

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: "Sanyas" because of combustion

Post by Dev » 02 Oct 2018

I heard, in fact, for sanyas combustion should not be there.
Extreme combustion can lead to too many bad lucks and can make the person frustrated, he going on to become a sanyasi would not work. Such a tendancy should come naturally. One can be a partial sanyasi though.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 03 Oct 2018

Dev ji

You are a scientist, and you should write with logic and with scientific mind. "Kuch bhi" extreme combustion, moderate Combustion, Soft combustion, light combustion, low combustion... There is only one combustion.

Partial Sanyasi :D :D It is not astrology says like in Delhi, Kejri's theory Odd day Even day Vehicle restrictions, or Morning Sanyasi and Evening Grihasta, spend night at residence in a Airconditioned bedroom. :lol:

I can understand, Sanyasi can become a Sanyasi post marriage after discharging all the responsibilities respect to family and seeking consent from Legitimate spouse that he/she would take sanyasa marga ( but here there is nothing like Partial Sanyasi... )

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 03 Oct 2018

Thanks Lex.
What I meant was I have seen some people giving up most of the desires and having just one or two. Then they may not be called a name but they are partially sanyasi, people can trust them still.

snsharma
Contributor
Contributor

Post by snsharma » 04 Oct 2018

Partial Sanyasis are always dangerous.. :wink: I am one among them... :wink:
Lex , Could you please have a glimpse of my question on combustion in section 'Planets, Houses, Signs, etc.'?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 04 Oct 2018

Partial sanyas is not at all dangerous, it is in fact good. When you have too many aspirations, you are far away from realisation, every one would pass through these phases to eventually never have any aspiration, so it is one of the in between stages of self realisation and everyone would pass through it in one janma or the other.
Partial refers only when you have and you dont want to use.
For example I dont want to blow my own trumpet but for the sake of clarifying, I say.
I dont own car, sleep not on bed, dont use washing machine, fridge though I have money to own more than 5 cars. People even make fun, some clerks at office also buy cars and use them and feed proud about it. I only use two wheeler. Similarly people have told in my college days that I am handsome but do not concentrate on my dresses or dont have dress sense at all. I used to be happy but never really changed. So all these aspirations are not strong in me. Also I can get sleep anywhere any place in the world provided no mosquito bite is there. So my mind is not tuned to particular comforts.
Some even comment outside I did not get because I am stingy. No that is not the reason.
I am a singer, so I dont want to use fridge and spoil my voice. I think healthwise, sleeping on mat is good. Washing machine makes one lazy, so I wash my own clothes. Also still you have to apply soap at collars and so on with washing machine. I know driving but many do not follow rules, so I did not buy car. I dont have aspiration too but may buy sometime.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 04 Oct 2018

Partial sanyas is not at all dangerous, it is in fact good. When you have too many aspirations, you are far away from realisation, every one would pass through these phases to eventually never have any aspiration, so it is one of the in between stages of self realisation and everyone would pass through it in one janma or the other.
Partial refers only when you have and you dont want to use.
For example I dont want to blow my own trumpet but for the sake of clarifying, I say.
I dont own car, sleep not on bed, dont use washing machine, fridge though I have money to own more than 5 cars. People even make fun, some clerks at office also buy cars and use them and feed proud about it. I only use two wheeler. Similarly people have told in my college days that I am handsome but do not concentrate on my dresses or dont have dress sense at all. I used to be happy but never really changed. So all these aspirations are not strong in me. Also I can get sleep anywhere any place in the world provided no mosquito bite is there. So my mind is not tuned to particular comforts.

Some even comment outside I did not get because I am stingy. No that is not the reason.
I am a singer, so I dont want to use fridge and spoil my voice. I think healthwise, sleeping on mat is good. Washing machine makes one lazy, so I wash my own clothes. Also still you have to apply soap at collars and so on with washing machine. I know driving but many do not follow rules, so I did not buy car. I dont have aspiration too but may buy sometime.
Having lived and living in north as well as south, I can eat only roti for 365 days without a day of rice, eat only rice no roti for 365 days, live eating only fruits the whole day for several days. So I am not tuned to a particular food habit, so it doesnot bother me when I go to any place.
For eg at one place, they offered me lunch, instead I took 7 or 8 juices.
Only condition is that I am a strict vegetarian and in vegetarian diet I like almost everything
except smell of garlic. So foodwise too I am comfortable like bitterguard, brinjal and every other vegetable.
I have three golden rings but I wear one mostly, others are inside. I see some people coming with 10 rings on 10 fingers and also show it to others, they enjoy. Very rarely I feel I should wear, sometimes during house cleaning, when I see, I wear then for few hours.
Initially I did not wear because in the Lab in contact with mercury they would form amalgam.
So when you have all desires, you cannot concentrate on anything at all, if you go to new place, if you think, oh this place is different, you will never get sleep. I dont think and so get sleep anywhere.
SImilarly when colleagues and friends tease you for not owning car, you may buy in case you did not buy on your own but I am unaffected by their comments. SImilarly if you go to new place and have to sleep on floor, wash your own clothes, if you search for bed and washing machine, you are in trouble.
So lesser desires means lesser expectations, that is good.

May be there are few like me I dont know but I do it because I am like that, it is not for others or for getting praises from others.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 05 Oct 2018

Folks, I want to stress, that i started this thread to discuss the effect of being a 'sanyasi' because of combustion. Why does combustion lead to one taking the 'sanyas' path, the technicalities and relevant examples for same. Thank You.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 08 Oct 2018

In D-20, my Jupoter, Mercyry, Venus are all combusted by the Sun.

Yes, this configuration does give some degree of Saanyasi.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 09 Oct 2018

Yes, this configuration does give some degree of Saanyasi.
You mean partial sanyasi?

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Oct 2018

Yes.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 09 Oct 2018

Thank you, so as I said partial sanyas exists though we dont call it that way.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 09 Oct 2018

Correct.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 10 Oct 2018

Let's see the Shashtiamsas these 4 planets Sun, Mercury, Venus and Jupiter are in in D-1, the non-planetary lords. Notice the combusted planets are only the natural benefics which is actually a higher order of renunciation and with less pain.

Saturn is needed actually, though, in so far as it helps the renunciator to be more pure and clearer in his thinking. In my D-20, Saturn is in the 4th retrogading, so it actually cast a 10th aspect to the stellium of planets above (retrogade planets cast all aspects backwards, the other way round). So we will look at the Shashtiamsa Saturn is in as well.

Sun is in Vayu Shashtiamsa.

Sun is the soul and being in Vayu it permeates throughout the body. It helps in renunciation. That is why Saturn, the son of Sun, whose element in the air, helps in the realisation of the soul.

Mercury is in Vishnu Shashtiamsa.

With logic and knowledge, I get to revere Krishna and Vishnu.

Jupiter is in Full Moon Chandra Shashtiamsa. After a while it retrogades (you can seet it from the progressed charts) going towards the previous Shashtamsa of Vishnu.

Both the desires for wealth and spirituality are satisfied by Jupiter. Spirituality towards the end of life.

Venus in Feet Pricked by Thorns Shashtiamsa.

Venus, as usual, likes to satisfy fully his material desires, but at the same time keeping a foothold on spirituality. He is actually well placed in this Shashtiamsa. The thorns on his feet (Venus exalted in Pisces) gives him a constant reminder that spirituality is more important.

Saturn is in Ardra Shashtiamsa.

Saturn moistens the whole renunciation process.