A basic question on aspect of planets

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
A basic question on aspect of planets

Post by Nora » 08 Jul 2018

Hi astro Gurus

I have a rather silly doubt. Pardon me!

Let's say Saturn is placed in a certain house of an enemy where it becomes debilitated. Now, let's say that it is aspected by Jupiter.

Now, Saturn will aspect the 3, 5, 7, 10th house from itself. Right?

So, what I'd like to know is that whether the aspect of Saturn on these houses will be harsh and malefic or will it's aspect on these houses become good (I.e. Will it's malefic aspect be reduced) because of the jupiter's aspect on it?

What I'm trying to understand is due to Jupiter's aspect whether saturn loses its maleficity only on the particular house where it is posited or whether the aspect of Jupiter on it means that it also reduces the malefic aspect of Saturn on 3,5,7,10th houses from itself?

Secondly, does the aspect of Jupiter completely remove saturn's malefic effects or is it only 50 - 80% ?

Kind regards

Nora

joyd

Re: A basic question on aspect of planets

Post by joyd » 09 Jul 2018

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35937

joyd.

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 09 Jul 2018

Dear Nora
This is an important question and there can be several views on this.
My take is that nothing cancels in astrology. So while Sat's aspect has their own meaning, Jup's aspect will have its own. While talking of Sat's results, certainly Jup's aspect will soothe it but Sat's aspect results will not be totally shadowed by Jup.
God bless you

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 09 Jul 2018

Neeraj Ji

Thank you.

Ok so let's say Saturn is placed in 5th house of lagna, jupiter's aspect will cancel the ill effects of it's placement in the 5th alone and Saturn will still have its full malefic aspect on 7th, 9th 11th and 2nd house of the chart. Am I correct?

Kind regards

Nora

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 09 Jul 2018

Thanks Joyd Ji and Neeraj Ji

I will check out the link you shared @joydji
What about Rahu and ketu. Do they aspect 5.7.9 houses from where they are placed? There seems to be lack of consensus regarding Rahu Ketu aspects. Some say they have no aspects. Some say they aspect only 7th house from themselves and some say 5,7,9 houses from their location.

Which is true? Joydji is there a link to previous discussion on this in this forum?

Kind regards

Nora

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 10 Jul 2018

Dear Nora
Yes, you can correct in your understanding. Jup can soothe Sat but not its aspects.
About the aspect of Rahu Ketu, Some believe only Rahu has aspect, Not Ketu.
Actually, nothing is final in astrology. Whatever works for a person is correct. This is the beauty that everyone has their own combinations which he/she has seen working, hence use them.
God bless you

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 14 Jul 2018

Dear Dr. Neeraj
Thanks for the clarification.
I'm a bit confused about something. If Saturn is in 5th house in rasi chart but in bhava chalit chart it's position shifted to the 6th then in its Mahadasha or antardasha or transit do we expect to give results of 5th or the 6th house?

Kind regards

Nora

[quote="Dr Neeraj" post_id=263856 time=1531228340 user_id=6002]
Dear Nora
Yes, you can correct in your understanding. Jup can soothe Sat but not its aspects.
About the aspect of Rahu Ketu, Some believe only Rahu has aspect, Not Ketu.
Actually, nothing is final in astrology. Whatever works for a person is correct. This is the beauty that everyone has their own combinations which he/she has seen working, hence use them.
God bless you
[/quote]

Spirit Seeker
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Spirit Seeker » 16 Jul 2018

Nora If Saturn is in 5th house in Rashi, Saturn will give the effects of 5th house only! If you choose equal house system & choosing Ascendant degree as middle of the 1st house you'll get Saturn in 6th house (In Bhaava Chalit chart) So, you might get confused whether Saturn gives 5th house results or 6th house results.
Now, I'd ask in your horoscope your Ascendant degree is more than 16 degrees from your Ascendant lord Jupiter. Now, you should tell me will you read 1st / 4th lord Jupiter in 1st house or in 12th house?! I'm pretty sure that Jupiter as Ascendant lord gave you 1st house results itself! Even with your 9th lord Sun too! It'll give you 1st house results.
Similarly in your Guru's chart also Saturn would definitely give the effects of 5th house but not 6th house.

Hope you got it! :)

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 20 Jul 2018

Ok spirit I agree and I get your point but then what's the whole idea behind bhava chalit then? Why at all look for if planets get shifted ? If it gives only results as per original placement as per rashi chart....

Racing

Post by Racing » 20 Jul 2018

Chalit chart is generally used to predict the results of dashas. In general, a planet gives results of the house it occupies, owns, and aspects. But during dashas, jyotishis look at chalit chakra to see if a planet gives benefic or malefic results.

K.N. Rao advises against using chalit chart. And the reason is simple.

A planet doesn't only give the result of where its placed in the rashi chart. You also have to look at its placement in Navamsha and in the relevant divisional chart (D-10 for career, D-20 for spirituality, etc.).

In Parashari system, one rashi is one house and that's how we should interpret it. The art of corroborating chalit chart with rashi chart hasn't yet established any consistent result.

joyd

Post by joyd » 20 Jul 2018

Nora-you have to 1st decide the planet aspect by aspects evaluation mode.It was given in JH with percentage values.so take a chart that fulfilling your raised question conditions.Go and judge the strength of the aspect.If your mentioned palnets are in retro-debilitation or retro-exaltation,extreme results[either positive or negitive]can be experienced by such planet aspects.so it is not that simple as you stated it as "silly doubt".it contains lot of ground work before one has to conclude the final out come of such aspects.

joyd.

Nora
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Nora » 20 Jul 2018

Thank you Joyd Ji and racing for your msgs...I shall study this more closely and take your input into consideration

Kind regards

Nora

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 21 Jul 2018

Taking that Chalit Point forward & significance of Ascendant degree. As per Rashi chart my
Retrograde Stationary Saturn is in 6th house in Capricorn as per Rashi Chart but in Chalit it moves to 7th house. The main emphasis should be on DIG BAL which turns out to be 59/60. Now, As per PVRji, Shani will give results of Shasha Mahapurush Yoga & not Harsha Vipreet Raj Yoga. When I look at planetary aspect as per JHora Saturn is aspecting 9th, 1st & 4th house at 95% , 93% & 94% respectively. This completely negates Joyd prediction that he once made on my chart because he never considered bhav chalit ever.

joyd

Post by joyd » 22 Jul 2018

shiv/-looking and judgining any yoga from bhav chalith is not a correct way. PVR is "experimenting" on so many things.Give a trail on some newthing is his passion and you should not take it as a rule or dictum in astrology.

racing-/Bhav chalith used if your birth time has error only and not for dasa judgements. Dasa judgement should be from D3 chart only.

joyd.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 23 Jul 2018

Modern Astrologers have confused me a lot with regard to their views on Bhav Chalit.

So According to PVR, the creator of Jhora software.. The yoga's, aspects changes due to Bhav Chalit

As per KN RAO, Bhav Chalit is not given any significance.

As per Sanjay Rath, Bhav Chalit is native's perception only

As per others planets gives mixed results of the house in which it's sitting in D-1 & Bhav Chalit house.

As per another perspective, Rashi should be seen from D-1 & house position from Bhav Chalit.

Another point is... While considering a particular house, the planet position is seen as per chalit.

Would love to know Joyd's perspective on bhav chalit

Dr Neeraj
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dr Neeraj » 26 Jul 2018

Dear Shivoham
In the list of confusions, add one more opinion from Mr Nitin Kashyap
Refer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCNjxYF43MA&t=152s
Regards