Curse on all born in a certain time period?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
radiance
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Curse on all born in a certain time period?

Post by radiance » 15 Mar 2018

SAV does work actually. See KRS(KapielRaj) videos on youtube on ashtakavarga. Good explanattion on why the way we see 11th from lagna is not correct.We have to check 11th from AL, 11th from biggest benefic Jupiter and also 11th from the MD one is under. With this method, bill gates, Big B charts greatness can be seen. Even then the values can be different at times for some. Because the SAV values are not a promise. They are just additional support for the dhana yoga etc. already in the chart. There are 3-4 videos of 1 hour duration each around this topic and I have seen only the first one as of now.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 15 Mar 2018

You are missing the point completely. The reason why it doesn't work is that its all based on theories of some modern astros, not on ancient texts. None of these modern calculations were tested on millions or even thousands of charts. hence they cannot produce data to support or negate any work.

Same is true of astrology in general, each chart is unique not because of signs, symbols, placements, etc. but because the INDIVIDUAL representing the chart is unique in every way. And what worked for someone may not work for someone else. Always study the native and his circumstances, not just the chart.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 15 Mar 2018

Suresh_Chauhan wrote:
15 Mar 2018
Same is true of astrology in general, each chart is unique not because of signs, symbols, placements, etc. but because the INDIVIDUAL representing the chart is unique in every way. And what worked for someone may not work for someone else. Always study the native and his circumstances, not just the chart.
Namah Shivaaya,
Could you please elaborate your statement!?
Thanks!
वागर्थाविव संपृक्तौ वागर्थप्रतिपत्तये।
जगतः पितरौ वन्दे पार्वतीपरमेश्वरौ॥ 🙏
By महा कवि कालिदास in रघुवंशम्

श्रुति स्मृति पुराणाणां आलयं करुणालयं |
नमामि भगवत्पादम् शङ्करं लोकशङ्करं ||🙏

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 16 Mar 2018

It means you must first look at native's condition, then analyze the chart suitably. COnsider desh, kaal and patra before pronouncing results. For e.g. if native lives in Norway or Iceland, sun is always weak even in their summer months, doesn't mean natives will have diseases or have less ego etc. etc. If native is from today's Kenya, Syria or yemen, no matter how good yogas JHORA is showing, ignore it. Nothing at all will fructify in the native's life because of prevailing conditions where he lives.

If native is from poor family and chart says multiple dhan and raja yogas, what do you think will happen?? It only means that native has "above average chances" of doing well in life, with luck favouring him. Does not mean that all obstacles will be removed and all of a sudden in few short years, native will be a king or a prime minister or head of a company. His odds will be better but because of his circumstances , struggle and sacrifices will be high. If that same native, came from a rich or even a middle clase family, then the path is somewhat less difficult.

It is quite simple, but in our internet age we try to bypass reality and go straight to results. Similarly, I can show you 20 people born in same area as Bill Gates, around same time/date as him... why they are not all billionaires? You answer that. If you show Bil Gates chart to 20 astros, without telling them whose chart it is, you will get 20 different explanations for ALL the bad things that will go wrong for the native. You see, astrologers are pessimists by nature, and like to dish out dismay. Chances are less that even 1 out of 20, will decode it correctly. That is the keyword - decoding it correctly, because it is human interpretation and thus always subjective, coloured by biases and assumptions of the astrologer as well.

joyd

Post by joyd » 16 Mar 2018

radi- my reply on your questions was already posted so wait till was published by them.

joyd.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 16 Mar 2018

Totally agree Suresh. All important questions raised which puzzle all of us and add to the debate around this mystic subject. I am didiving this post into two sections -the puzzling bits and those in favour.

THE CONFUSION -
- At the core of astrology is time, which never stops and is always moving. Nobody escapes time not even the gods. The planets move along with time - some fast, some slow. In the beginning of doordarshan's Mahabharat time(kaal) always used to observe things silently- be it some evil the Kaurav's are doing, Krishna's deceptions or anything else. It's only job was to keep moving nothing else.
Now, we always do birth time rectification, changes of a few minutes affecting horoscope etc. D-60(Shashtyamsha) lagna changes every minute so exact time has to be known.
Well when was the first clock(note first clock, not the first accurate clock) developed. Google tells me around 14th century in Europe. What did the Indians possibly do during or before this time to keep track of time? Look at the sun, sundials, hourglass etc perhaps? Astrology was developed many centuries earlier before this? So the big question is HOW DID THEY KNOW & KEEP TRACK ABOUT THE EXACT TIME?? Here I am assuming that somehow the fathers of astrology managed to factor in the 8 minutes it takes for sunlight to reach earth. But even then, for something like the D-60 to be made, how would they know about the accurate birth time upto the minute or seconds. Someone enlighten me please.
This doesn't end here. In Europe and U.S, they have the concept of daylight saving to get more daylight working hours, where clocks are advanced 1 hour every year and then back. Does this make sense in terms of astrology? Going back to the kaal in Mahabharat, time is the one changes/evolves a man and here man is changing time itself to suit his/her needs. Doesn't this screw all rules up? What is the true time then? Before daylight saving, after that or something else altogether?
Navamsha lagna is changed to suit the gender of the child. male/female rashis. Even if we have the exact birth time, still the time is changed to suit the rule. In some thread of this forum I read that all astrologers are aware of this necessary manipulation. Isn't this questionable as well?

- Not to put anyone down but if you tell me few of your life events and give hitler's or swami vivekananda's horoscope as yours without me realising, then am sure will somehow manage to tell how the events are reflected exactly in the horoscope. Other's do not have to agree with me. It is my own belief and conviction and I could also say that whenever X transits over Y or Mars is in house so and so, in hundreds of horoscopes I have seen this to happen. Sometimes the most learned astrologers can differ with each other as well. So no consistency here.

I would say asking for events from personal life is not recommended because it gives hints to the life curve followed(desh, kaal as you mentioned) and there is a tendency to get biased.It becomes very easy to justify then since the past is already known. Past reality can then be used to foretell the future probability.

IN SUPPORT -
It is not that I am only full of questions. One astrologer I visited back in my village did not even want me to talk about anything when I visited him first.. he saw my chart, started scribbling away in a piece of paper silently and gave it to me to read after 10 minutes..as simple as that. And whatever he wrote blew my mind. Although in my second visit when I asked about ashtakavarga, I realized he too made the mistake of seeing the 11th points from lagna:)

- At times I feel it is not just the individual horoscope that needs to be checked but of family members as well. For example, I had heard of a point(not sure if it a rule anywhere) that if anyone is born in Krishna Paksha of Purvashada nakshatra then it can be deadly for his mothers brother(mama). I don't know of the specifics here but if this were to be taken into account, no matter how strongly planets are in his mama's horoscope is, wouldn't there be something to alter the results at times? Sometimes in not so trustworthy websites we see rules such as elder brother would be lucky, father would be placed in high position, mother's health would be affected. So it can be interrelated and affecting positively or negatively the relatives chart. Keep in mind that already reading a chart is difficult, to add to the complexity family charts are coming in.

- To some extent the above can be explained by the dictum that the soul chooses the body to be born in and chooses its father, mother, brother, sister etc to help it fulfill its karma through appropriate lessons and experiences, get another opportunity to burn past sins and to help move towards moksha.

- Much of the historical texts and learning around this subject are lost forever. Ravana was considered to be the ultimate master of astrology. His Ravana samhita could have had several answers to these questions of ours but it is nowhere to be seen in original form. Similarly jaimini sutras I hear are not a complete list compared to BPHS. So we don't have all the bricks to make a house here. When it rains, we can still get wet(just an analogy):).

-People born on the same time as Bill gates or others.. true difficult to explain but what if someone in his family had an alignment which could have helped him as stated before. There could be blessings(purva punya) and curses coming in from different places as well which might affect a chart and differentiate results of two exactly same horoscopes.
Last edited by radiance on 16 Mar 2018, edited 1 time in total.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 16 Mar 2018

How else can one explain first generation billionaire businessmen(those who made billions on their own when their own parents were average). Dhirubai Ambani, Yusuf Ali (Lulu malls owner), Narendra Modi(politics) all are a small set of interesting cases. If the native doesn't live long enough to experience the purva punya results, then it is carried forward to next birth. Nothing ever gets lost. As I heard from someone the concept of Shishta Dasha/Dasha balance at birth is itself a carry forward from previous births.

PNC Menon, founder chairman of Shobha builders is a first generation billionaire businessman. In an interview for CNBC(available in youtube), he says his astrologer told him his luck will rise after marriage. A firm believer in astrology he says how else can one explain someone from humble beginnings becoming a billionaire. A believer in god, he did his own thulabharam in gold and donated 70 gold biscuits of 1 kg each to Guruvayur Krishna temple few years back when his vow came true. Blind follower or true believer - upto us to decide.

In the end belief in the supreme creator and confidence in yourself can help ease our burden and defeat any bad planetary position. Do good. Think good. Be good. That's all there is to it. Else it may feel as if all the planets are stationary and the individual is transiting over them(going in circles) instead of the other way round.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 15 May 2018

Ladies and ladaas:)

Please ignore the title question in this thread ALTOGETHER. Why I say this is because It has dawned on me that the astrologer I met in hometown is a complete fake. There is no curse. I got taken in by the words of the common friend who had only words of praise for this guy. The problem is something else which I will explain below. Here I would like to EXPOSE this astrologer because there are several out there who will try to take advantage of clients in their times of distress. So people must be aware of such tactics.

When I was told to visit Rameswaram(at that time I had not met this astrologer), I asked my common friend to check with this guy whether he knows any shastri there. He had explicity mentioned to see a vishist(expert) shastri in his note(which included yathashakti gow moolya danam, umamaheshwari pratima daanam etc etc) so I wanted to make sure I was visiting the right person. Surely, he gave me a contact. I had to plan twice to visit Rameshwaram - at first cyclone Okhi came and I had to cancel trip. Second time the common friend fell ill - so I had go alone after much difficulty. When I met the shastrikals at their residence - 2-3 adjacent rooms with several homams going on in parallel - I was filled with devotion and repentance - as to what I would have done in the previous birth to go through this. After negotiating the amount for the pooja (From 5000 bought it down to 2000), I was casually looking around the room when among the dozens of portraits of gods, I saw one human photograph. And that was none other than of this astrologer!!! I was taken back immediately realizing it is similar to the nexus between doctors and scanning (MRI etc) centres where the doctor refers you to a particular scanning centre instead of their own hospital. They have tie-up/ownership whatever with the scanning centre so would probably earn commission etc.. Something similar happened here. The shastri also asked who gave their address to me. I told them about this astrologer. Link complete. It worked very nicely though.. The astrologer did not give the shastri's name at the very first instance rather waited for me to get back to him (it is highly unlikely that anyone from Kerala would know of a good Shastri in Rameswaram-which is in Tamil Nadu)... So 'I' asked for and went to the place which he gave me - he morally comes out clean in this. How wonderful.

Now, I was digging deep into Ketu in 9th which was a problem per him searching for better understanding of the nodes. Looked at ketu from moon, arudha etc.. absolutely nothing related to past sins on the net. Perhaps this guy had some super powers based on his ashtamangal prashnams etc which others do not see.

2 weeks back I was talking to an elder friend about my unemployment. He has decent knowledge in astrology himself. His first question was whether it is my ashtam shani. I said no. Then he asked my Lagna which is Taurus and asked where is Saturn now. I said it is sagittarius. Well it is ashtam shani then!! But Saturn is Yoga karaka for Taurus why would it do harm? This is what I understood from couple of youtube videos as well as on Saturns sagittarius transit. I had ignored ashtam shani completely. He said doesn't matter. That is the problem.

Not fully convinced I digged further into transits.
Around Feb 2015, my previous firm made me redundant and gave me 3 months time. Around May 1 -10 2015, I got a much better paying job at a post which was almost like a double promotion. Now, when I check the transit around May 1 for Taurus lagna I am not surprised. (I did not know much about transits back then)
- Ascendant lord Venus in own house
- 10th lord in 7th (10th from itself - bhavat bhavam career dignity and up-hierarchy promotions as per barbarapijan)
- Sun exalted
- 11th lord Jupiter exalted

Now, Saturn entered my astham-sthan from Taurus in 3rd week of January 2017. EXACTLY the same week the problems started at work. To make it worse since Sep 2017, 11th lord Jupiter is in 6th(8th from itself).From August 2017, I have not earned a single penny.

Having understood the transits better I know why I got a very nice job and how circumstances made me lose it again in 2 years! And that astrologer not only did not care to notice saturn transit, he casually threw in a line of getting a job by mid april(before that it was end of January when my friend enquired in december). They just keep giving time 2 months ahead knowing fully that the client will come back in distress saying nothing happened and give him repeat business - the ultimate goal.

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 15 May 2018

Why all the noise in this thread earlier then - you may ask. Well, I am still looking for answers on -

1) How time was tracked upto the seconds say in the 13th or 14th century - can sundials help with that? not sure.. Charts like D-60 & others change every second so accurate time is needed.
2) how daylight saving - when clocks are moved for people born in Europe/USA- is taken into account in astrology as this time change is done by humans(not natural) every year.
3) Navamsha lagna rectification based on male/female gender is an intriguing concept. Is it a tried and tested technique with no other alternative to correct navamsha lagna? Ideally one should not know anything about the birth except date time details to fix the navamsha - why gender is needed?
4) How Saturn sagittarius transit affects different charts with Taurus lagna? Surely not all the natives will lose jobs - but guaranteed they will have problems with earnings as 11th lord is in 8th from self.

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 16 May 2018

radiance wrote:
15 May 2018
Ladies and ladaas:)

They just keep giving time 2 months ahead knowing fully that the client will come back in distress saying nothing happened and give him repeat business - the ultimate goal.
Now you're getting somewhere. Repeat business = customer hooked for life. After all astro has to make his money somehow, fill his stomach. Same for doctor = needs patients who keep falling sick repeataedly even better if they remain sick and never get well. Otherwise how will he pay for all the expensive equipments, loans for home and office, foreign cars, childrens college, abroad trips, etc. etc.

Have to make a living somehow, kaliyug is too competitive. Need new bakras every day :roll:

radiance
Contributor
Contributor

Post by radiance » 16 May 2018

Suresh_Chauhan wrote:
16 May 2018
Have to make a living somehow, kaliyug is too competitive. Need new bakras every day :roll:
Yes Sir.. And this is unfortunately also the reason 90%+ people slam Jyotish because their experiences are with the wrong jyotishi who is random at best when it comes to predictions. When in trouble people cannot think properly and start looking for solutions in every nook and corner. Others take advantage of this.

Have a feeling everyone (more importantly astrologers) think that doing something shady is self-justification for them to survive in kaliyug. They(not referring to everyone here, just that section) find cunning ways to deceive people and also manage to absolve themselves of all sins(in their mind) at the same time. I think it is chandrakala nadi which says a single exalted planet without any debilitated planet to accompany it in the chart can lead to losses in kaliyuga. Elsewhere, we read malefics do very well in upachayas ex mars in 11th (but why? Is it because of kaliyuga?).. Final explanation of michael jordan's chart was that debilitated planets do very well in Kaliyuga... You see Sir, everything is reverse(ulta) in kaliyuga..
My 9th lord Saturn is transiting 8th so I am spending much time thinking about these things :mrgreen: , geting attracted towards religion/mysticism and at the same time analysing and moving onto another when I feel something is fishy.