Kendrathipathi dosha

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
sathis
Contributor
Contributor
Kendrathipathi dosha

Post by sathis » 26 Dec 2017

What are the placements that mitigate the bad effects of kendrathipathi dosha for the natural benefics?

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Kendrathipathi dosha

Post by astrostar » 27 Dec 2017

Dear Sathis,
The kendrathipathi (lord of kendra) should become a strong significator of either Ascendant and/or 5th house. Otherwise one must face its bad effects.
e.g.
For Gemini and/or Virgo ascendant, Jupiter must become a strong significator for ascendant and/or 5th house.
For Saggi and/or Pisces ascendant, Mercury must become a strong significator for ascendant and/or 5th house.

sathis
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sathis » 27 Dec 2017

astrostar wrote:
27 Dec 2017
Dear Sathis,
The kendrathipathi (lord of kendra) should become a strong significator of either Ascendant and/or 5th house. Otherwise one must face its bad effects.
e.g.
For Gemini and/or Virgo ascendant, Jupiter must become a strong significator for ascendant and/or 5th house.
For Saggi and/or Pisces ascendant, Mercury must become a strong significator for ascendant and/or 5th house.
Thanks for the reply significance means association with the lord of the lagna and 5th lord and presence in the 1 st or 5th or aspecting both these houses?what about the 9th.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 27 Dec 2017

Namah Shivaaya,
@Astrostar, I born in Sagittarius Ascendant, Do I've Kendraadhipati dosham?
In my birth chart 7th/10th lord is with 5th/12th lord Mars, 6th/11th lord Venus in 2nd house, Jupiter is in Ascendant & it doesn't have any relation with 2nd house, So what does it mean?

Right now I'm in Mercury (Budha) Mahaadasha, he's baadhaka as well for my Ascendant. What should i infer from this?
Thanks & regards

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 27 Dec 2017

A planet's signification for a house is evaluated in the order of strength as given here -

Level 1. Planet in the star of occupants of a house (very strong)
Level 2. Planet in a house (strong)
Level 3. Planet in the star of owners of a house (moderate/medium)
Level 4. Owner of a house (weak)
Level 5. Association with lords, aspect on cusp (house) (very weak significance).

Sigificators are mentioned in the order of strength. It means that the significators at level 1 is more powerful than the significators at level 2. Significators at level 2 are more powerful than significators at level 3 and so on.

Lords or owners of houses are like kings. Always these kings want to delegate and assign their work to other planets. If a house lord cannot find any assistants, then the house lord itself becomes ready to give its house results or the house lord becomes the strong significator of its houses. Also, if no planets are found as assistants, then only, the house lord shares its work with (very weak significators such as) the other planets with whom it (house lord) conjoins and/or who aspect its house. These weak significators may come in dasha system as sub-sub or sub-sub-sub periods. So don't consider weak ones without looking at higher level ones.

Yes. 9th house is also good - but only for movable and dual signs. For ascendant of fixed signs - 9th house becomes badhaka house. So avoid 9th only for fixed signs.
For Gemini, Virgo, saggi, pisces, 9th house is a good house. can include this with 1st and 5th.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 28 Dec 2017

Namah Shivaaya,
I'm interested to know why a natural beneficial graha turns into Malefic when that particular graha rules 2 Kendra Sthaanaas, What're the reasons for it turning to be a Malefic & Why Jupiter is a neutral for Sagittarius Ascendant people instead of being a Yogakaaraka, since he own's Ascendant which is both Kendra as well as Trikona.

According to the definition of yogakaaraka, it's a graha which should owe a Kendra & a Trikona right?

Could you please make me understand the flaws if I'm wrong.

I think from the above words Mercury is a big Malefic, isn't it?
My Date of Birth: January 7th 1996
Time of Birth: 6:33 AM
Place of Birth: Warangal Andhra Pradesh.

Thanks & regards Astrostar

sathis
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sathis » 28 Dec 2017

Thanks for the reply.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 28 Dec 2017

Namah Shivaaya,
Two nice questions. Here we go.

First Question :
why a natural beneficial graha turns into Malefic when that particular graha rules 2 Kendra Sthaanaas, What're the reasons for it turning to be a Malefic?
Answer :
THE MATTER IS NOT ABOUT ruling 2 Kendra Sthaanaas. The actual reason and fact is one of the Kendra Sthaanaas - 7th House - is both - 1) a death inflicting house and 2) baadhaka house. (only for common signs)

2nd Question :
Why Jupiter is a neutral for Sagittarius Ascendant people instead of being a Yogakaaraka, since he own's Ascendant which is both Kendra as well as Trikona?
Answer :
Jupiter is not a neutral. No doubt, 100% a big yogakaaraka for both Sagittarius and Pisces. Because it owns a Trikona and 2 Kendras -- Ascendant (Kendra+TriKona) and 4th house.

This knowledge is not enough or nowhere useful for studying one's chart. Should go to next stage - Leave off owners or house lords and study all significations of all planets.

As I said earlier, any planet (including Jupiter) can become a significator for any house including baadhaka house. When this happens in the chart, then, even Jupiter can become a chart spoiler for a Sagittarius ascendant. In other words, Jupiter should not become a significator for baadhaka house according to the above given rules.

Apply the above said signification rules in your chart and find out mercury significations.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 28 Dec 2017

Namah Sivaaya,
Vaikunttha Ekaadashi wishes!
What do you mean by the term significator? Kaaranam in Samskrutam means reason. Karraka means that which makes or causes an event, for example Yogakaaraka, you know what does this mean, it's a graha which rules a Kendra Sthaanam & a Trikona sthaanam. So, it's creating an auspicious Yoga, like that usage had come. people say's Jupiter is a natural Kaaraka for 2nd 5th 9th, 11th, I understood like this, Jupiter is a cause for children, So he's a 5th house Kaaraka, Similarly 9th for Guru, 2nd for family (don't know why, 11th house also (don't know why), Now 1st hose is self (Ego) so Sun is a Kaaraka for 1st house.
Now, how come Jupiter be a Significator of other houses when he's a Kaaraka for above said (2nd, 5th, 9th ,11th) houses?

What do you mean by any planet (including Jupiter) can become a significator for any house including baadhaka house. Explain with an example

Thanks & regards

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 29 Dec 2017

Namah Sivaaya,
Vaikunttha Ekaadashi wishes!

What you mentioned are only natural karakas.
Significator means obtaining additional karakas in the chart thru - placement in a house, star lord, ownership, etc.
E.g. If Jupiter is situated in 12th house, may give salvation to a soul.
If Jupiter is situated in 8th house, then Jupiter becomes a significator of 8th house, and may give death in his dasha, bhukti, anthra periods.

Thus occupation of a house is one type of signification. Similarly, the same planet gets other significations thru its "house ownership" and its "star lord ownership and placement".

Jupiter denotes expansion. 2nd house denotes all possessions and hence family. So Jupiter is a natural
karaka for family (which expands).
11th house denotes fulfilment of desires. Jupiter also denotes the same thing. If a house and a planet's qualities are matched, then automatically that planet becomes a natural karaka for that house.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 29 Dec 2017

Namah Sivaaya,
Thanks a lot Astrostar :)

joyd

Post by joyd » 30 Dec 2017

If a house and a planet's qualities are matched, then automatically that planet becomes a natural karaka for that house.???

can you give an example please /

joyd.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 30 Dec 2017

E.g.
Venus is the karaka for love and romance. 7th house denotes the same thing.
So venus is the natural karaka for 7th house.

Mars denotes knife and operation. 6th house denotes ill health and very small operations. So Mars is a natural karaka for 6th house. 8th house denotes seriousness. 12th house denotes hospitalization. Unless 8th house and 12th house operate, one cannot join in hospital for operation.
Similarly Saturn is the karaka for disease. 6th house also for disease. So Saturn is also the natural karaka
for 6th house.

8th house denotes accidents. Mars also indicates the same. So Mars is a natural karaka for 8th house.
8th house denotes life span. Saturn also indicates the same. So Saturn is a natural karaka for 8th house.

joyd

Post by joyd » 31 Dec 2017

Here my question is-what are house qualities? ii it in terms of nature of the sign ? or something else ? i think you are talking more about significations of the house and not qualities.Am i right astrostar ? if my understanding about your post is not correct, try to brief me more and correct my views.I think your way of karaks fixing is not a correct one.Once i hear from you on my above question,then i will express how karakas are fixed both natural and functional too.

joyd.

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 31 Dec 2017

The question and post is only about natural house karaka. Here I have not talked about sign qualities. The answer is given for this question - "why jupiter is the natural karaka for 2nd (5th, 11th) house?".
Pl. correct me If I am wrong. Thank you.

joyd

Post by joyd » 31 Dec 2017

ok if you are not talked about house or sign qualities then what is the true meaning of your statement in your previous reply[ If a house and a planet's qualities are matched, then automatically that planet becomes a natural karaka for that house.].I think you are in confusion.Pl re-read your replies ones.If you still believe your version of natural karakas pl don't hesitate to follow that only.DESIRES-PASSION both are attributed to Mars-venus and not for jupiter.Mars represents serious and long duration surgeries not small or minor surgeries.Minor surgeries are come under only mercury.so it is better to review what you mentioned in your replies.IF you agree with me,then i will tell you why and hoe karatwas are attribute to planets in a more scientific way .Wish you happy learning.

joyd.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 31 Dec 2017

Namah Shivaaya,
I would like to know from you Joyd bhaiyya.
Thanks

astrostar
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by astrostar » 31 Dec 2017

Yes.
1) 6th house without any link with 8th and 12th, gives short operations (not serious).
2) 6th and 8th both give some average large serious operations, but native don't need to join hospital.
3) 6th,8th, with 12th connection gives large operations which force the native to join in hospital (ICU).
Now, for any type of operation 1 or 2 or 3 Mars connection is required.
Mars does not decide the seriousness. But his connection with houses determines the seriousness.

House significations are different from sign significations. I am talking about only house significations.

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 01 Jan 2018

Namah Shivaaya,
@Astrostar you've aforementioned that Venus is a kaaraka for Love & romance 7th house denoting the same, but 5th house speaks about Love & romance, 7th denotes kalatra sthaanam which speaks about relationships, physical intimacy, right? Correct me if I'm wrong.
Thanks

Vivek Surya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Vivek Surya » 01 Jan 2018

Namah Shivaaya,
Joyd bhaiyya, kindly teach me how & why kaarakatwaas are attributed to grahaas
Thanks