Mixed blessing: Upapada and Exalted Planets

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
asaboveurania
Mixed blessing: Upapada and Exalted Planets

Post by asaboveurania » 09 Sep 2017

Namaste, fellow students and Masters of Jyotish!

I have recently begun studying Jyotish with its vast wealth of techniques, and I am grateful for the opportunity to learn here. I have some questions about my relationships using Upapada. Although I am blessed with three exalted planets, I find it interesting that my life has been a bit chaotic, where relationships are concerned.

Sometimes I seem to be caught between the immovable object and the irresistible force!

For example, after separating from a sixteen-year oppressive marriage, I learned that a man from previous relationship was avid to start a relationship back up again. This was awkward, as my husband had threatened to kill him. I tried to avoid him for three years, and then he suddenly died in a car accident. I do have Lord of the Eighth aspecting Lord of the Ninth.

In the following article, the author makes it clear that an exalted planet posited in, or ruling the second-from Upapada will create a relationship of unbreakable strength:

http://shrifreedom.org/vedic-astrology/upapada-lagna/

The author recommends the use of eighth house for a new relationship after the old one has ended. However, he uses the sixth from the Upapada to find simultaneous relationships, as in polygamous marriages. I am not sure what to do when the first Upapada is unbreakable. In my example, Upapada #1 is Cancer, where Jupiter is posited. Second-from is Leo, empty of planets, ruled by Sun in Aries.

My question follows: Where do I find the next Upapada, when the first is thought to be unbreakable?

Thank you for your assistance,
Asaboveurania

joyd

Re: Mixed blessing: Upapada and Exalted Planets

Post by joyd » 09 Sep 2017

please give your birth details

regards/joyd

asaboveurania

Post by asaboveurania » 09 Sep 2017

Thanks, Joyd

Me:

April 30, 1956
Pittsburgh, Pa (USA)
7:52 am, Eastern Time

The fellow who died in a car accident:

October 21, 1955
Richmond, In (USA)
9:28 am. Eastern Time

joyd

Post by joyd » 09 Sep 2017

pl s write uour birth place full form,wether it was panama/palau/papua/paraguay

regards/joyd

asaboveurania

Post by asaboveurania » 10 Sep 2017

Sorry, that's Pennsylvania, USA
My friend's chart is Indiana, USA

asaboveurania

Sorry, Joyd. My birthplace is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
My friend's is Richmond, Indiana USA

Grateful for your help,
asaboveurania

asaboveurania

Sorry, Joyd. My birthplace is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
My friend's is Richmond, Indiana, United States of America

Grateful for your help,
asaboveurania

asaboveurania

Dear Joyd,

Please accept my apologies for the error. My birth place is: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
My friend's birth place is: Richmond, Indiana, United States of America

Both birth times have been rectified by a professional astrologer.

Gratefully,

Asaboveurania

ash2016
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ash2016 » 11 Sep 2017

joyd wrote:
09 Sep 2017

regards/joyd
Joy D
May I also request you do an analysis of my career chart and health as your answers are genuinely right !
Birth date: 20-10-1973
Birth Time: 18: 23 PM
Birth Place: Delhi, India
Hopefully, you will guide me too
Regards
Yours
Ash
India

joyd

Post by joyd » 11 Sep 2017

[quote=asaboveurania post_id=243443 time=1505086194 user_id=18305]
Dear Joyd,

Please accept my apologies for the error. My birth place is: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States of America
My friend's birth place is: Richmond, Indiana, United States of America

Both birth times have been rectified by a professional astrologer.

Gratefully,

Asaboveurania
[/quote]
--------------------------------------------------------
yours natal ascendant--Gemini.
jaimini's pitri ascendant is--Taurus.
jaimini's Agrachara sign is--Gemini.
Jaiminis pracheena upapada sign is--Aries.
Pracheena upapada lord is--Mars.

whenever the pracheena upapada lord or his sign gets jaiminis aspects from ketu ,such combination gives Break in marriage[like divorce or separation from life partner].Here in your chart,the pracheena upapada lord Mars[aries]placed in a movable sign-capricorn and getting aspect from Taurus sign posited ketu.

your natal UL [cancer]is also under the aspect of such ketu from taurus sign.so your 16 years married relationship broken abruptly.Natal UL's second house Leo under the aspect of Mars from capricorn.Being the 6th lord of accidents and violence Mars killed your first proposed gentleman. your natal 6th house with saturn-Rahu who are under the aspect the same Mars from capricorn sign.Mars aspect on UL's second house[leo]gives disharmony in relationship.it means you or your partner must be in some kind of compromised life.

All your written incidents are perfectly matching in your horoscope.so i am not taking your died friends analysis here madam.wish you all good luck..

joyd

Post by joyd » 11 Sep 2017

Dear Asaboveurania

In your chart the upapada's second house lord is sun who is exalted in aries sign.From aries he is aspecting his upapada house Leo.It means your husband comes from a pious family tradition.UL's second only denotes the family values of your husband and also his values.Aspects of ketu on upapada or its lord or conjunct with such lord leads to either separation or divorce.As far as my jaiminis knowledge is concerned there are no such 2nd upapada or 3rd upapada's in charts.As your UL is with exalted 7th-lord jupiter aspected by Mercury,saturn,Rahu may leads to multiple relationships.

Exalted planets if not under the aspect of pracheena upapada lord and ketu,then only they can give unbreakable married life.so here the question is not an exalted planet but ketu and upapada lords conjunction-aspects-positions are key factors..

regards/joyd

asaboveurania

Post by asaboveurania » 12 Sep 2017

Greetings, Joyd!

I am grateful for the time you have spent, and your expertise in explaining these techniques.I hope you don't mind if I ask a few questions to clarify the meaning of your analysis in my mind. Chronologically, the man I met first, the first relationship I had, was with the man who died young. His family background might have been described as pious. He came from a long line of Quakers on his mother's side--seekers of the light. He was a songwriter and I considered our relationship to be a spiritual one. We had a spiritual friendship for ten years. He seemed to need to love from a distance, as I sensed his spirit. It turns out he has a twelfth house Venus, so I wasn't far off!

The next man I had a relationship with was the one I married. He did not come from a pious home. Here in America, our family backgrounds tend to be one extreme or the other--either religious, or criminals. Historically, about half of us immigrated to pursue religious freedom, and the other half were forced to come here because they had been convicted of a crime. My husband's family was other than pious. His mother was a butcher, and his father was on the fringes of organized crime. If I had to find his family on my chart, Saturn-Rahu in Scorpio would fit. My husband described a decade of his life spent as a con artist.

So my question is, does the chronology mean anything? Or is the Cancer upapada automatically the man I married?

I don't mean to judge my husband's entire family. His paternal grandmother was pious, but she's was one of a kind in his family.

Thank you for your consideration once again,

Asaboveurania

joyd

Post by joyd » 12 Sep 2017

Look at your chart once deeply and write to me what you observed from your charts planetary placements.Try this homework first.Most possibly you will get the answers for your posed question from this home work madam.In case you failed to notice,then i will explain you.ok.have a nice day.

regards/joyd

joyd

Post by joyd » 12 Sep 2017

[quote=ash2016 post_id=243505 time=1505140316 user_id=16630]
[quote=joyd post_id=243377 time=1504977344 user_id=18243]

regards/joyd
[/quote]

Joy D
May I also request you do an analysis of my career chart and health as your answers are genuinely right !
Regards
Yours
Ash
----------------------------
from natal ascendant saturn in 3rd showing creative job fields.jupiter in D10-D9 occupied his own houses,hence admin type of jobs are also suitable to you.saturn in swamsa gives earth related professions.From moon ascendant-mars in gemini again showing creative jobs.From sun ascendant -moon indicating food industry related jobs. moon in aquarius amsa also denoting horticultural related professions.Any one of the above mentioned fields gives good success and gains.presently in which field you are working now?If you already in the above mentioned fields don't try to change your profession.you also flourish in exports and imports and aqua marine related professions too.

specify your sex first based on it we can say which body part will be affected in near future.Hope you will be already suffering with a chronic disease which started in your venus maha dasa.

joyd.

asaboveurania

Post by asaboveurania » 13 Sep 2017

Thank you for being willing to instruct me, Joyd.

I am still pondering the effect of the three dainya parivartanas in my chart, so I will set them aside to focus on the primary planetary aspects here. If you have any remarks on those, I'm happy to hear them. They create quite a tangle in my mind.

I find my ascendant to be 14 Taurus 25. Ketu conjuncts the ascendant by less than one degree. In the whole sign system Budha falls in the first house, although he rises above the ascendant by seven degrees. Budha sits in a close mutual aspect with Shani-Rahu in the seventh. The one-seven axis for Rahu-Ketu is difficult, causing a drive toward, a longing for, and dissatisfaction with relationships. Saturn and Mercury are both considered benefics in the Taurus ascendant chart, but the aspects from Rahu-Ketu are likely to be difficult on the houses Budha and Shani disposit, (Budha 2 and 5) and Shani (9 and 10). I am still trying on the idea of Ketu and Rahu aspects, as I am new to Jyotish astrology and am trying it in layers to see which systems are most useful. So, depending on who you read, Rahu/Ketu either has no aspect, has the aspects of Guru, or the aspects of Mangala.

I am very new at this, if you are willing to correct my errors, I will be grateful!

Let's try Ketu's aspects as though they were like Guru's:

Ketu aspects the fifth, seventh, and ninth from itself. On the chart, this translates to detachment around children, marriage and karma or religion. This makes sense to me, as I had to leave my marriage because my three children were all suicidal. I had been the "good wife," not leaving my husband for the sake of a false sense of religion, and not sensitive to the difficult position my children were in. I thought they understood I was protecting them from my spouse's verbal attacks, but young children do not know the difference between attacks on their mother and attacks to themselves. They are adults and fine now, thank God!

If we use the aspects of Mangala for Ketu, we are looking at third, seventh and eighth. Detached communication, partnership and sudden transformation. Also true, but does not ring as strongly for me as the previous aspects. The third house aspect is significant, though, because it represents the UL: dissatisfaction/disillusion with the relationship.

Perhaps it all applies to me, because Ketu sits on my lagna and has a pervasive influence on my life!

Shukra, Lord of the Ascendant, is posited in the second house in mutual aspect with Chandra in the eighth.
As Taurus rises, Shukra is both L1 and L6, making him a functional malefic.

Guru exalted sits in the third, in mutual aspect with exalted Mangala. They are separated by twelve degrees, thus cancellation of exaltation is probably not complete. Guru aspects the seventh, ninth, and eleventh houses of partnership, religion and gain from action. The aspect to the seventh, I am told, tells of sexual faithfulness in marriage. I can't speak for my husband, but I know I was. Here's my question: does Guru exalted in the UL tell a different story of his faithfulness/mine/both? The aspect to the ninth tells of respect for religion. My husband and I met in a religious setting, but by the end of the marriage he objected to me going to church due to his jealousy, so that fell apart. The aspect to the eleventh allows profit from action.

I do not mean to take up all your time. I will close for now and hope to continue with the other houses soon. Shukra on my sixth cusp is calling me to have lunch on schedule--necessary for my diabetic condition.

Gratefully,

Pam

asaboveurania

Post by asaboveurania » 13 Sep 2017

Thank you for being willing to instruct me, Joyd.

I am still pondering the effect of the three dainya parivartanas in my chart, so I will set them aside to focus on the primary planetary aspects here. If you have any remarks on those, I'm happy to hear them. They create quite a tangle in my mind.

I find my ascendant to be 14 Taurus 25. Ketu conjuncts the ascendant by less than one degree. In the whole sign system Budha falls in the first house, although he rises above the ascendant by seven degrees. Budha sits in a close mutual aspect with Shani-Rahu in the seventh. The one-seven axis for Rahu-Ketu is difficult, causing a drive toward, a longing for, and dissatisfaction with relationships. Saturn and Mercury are both considered benefics in the Taurus ascendant chart, but the aspects from Rahu-Ketu are likely to be difficult on the houses Budha and Shani disposit, (Budha 2 and 5) and Shani (9 and 10). I am still trying on the idea of Ketu and Rahu aspects, as I am new to Jyotish astrology and am trying it in layers to see which systems are most useful. So, depending on who you read, Rahu/Ketu either has no aspect, has the aspects of Guru, or the aspects of Mangala.

I am very new at this, if you are willing to correct my errors, I will be grateful!

Let's try Ketu's aspects as though they were like Guru's:

Ketu aspects the fifth, seventh, and ninth from itself. On the chart, this translates to detachment around children, marriage and karma or religion. This makes sense to me, as I had to leave my marriage because my three children were all suicidal. I had been the "good wife," not leaving my husband for the sake of a false sense of religion, and not sensitive to the difficult position my children were in. I thought they understood I was protecting them from my spouse's verbal attacks, but young children do not know the difference between attacks on their mother and attacks to themselves. They are adults and fine now, thank God!

If we use the aspects of Mangala for Ketu, we are looking at third, seventh and eighth. Detached communication, partnership and sudden transformation. Also true, but does not ring as strongly for me as the previous aspects. The third house aspect is significant, though, because it represents the UL: dissatisfaction/disillusion with the relationship.

Perhaps it all applies to me, because Ketu sits on my lagna and has a pervasive influence on my life!

Shukra, Lord of the Ascendant, is posited in the second house in mutual aspect with Chandra in the eighth.
As Taurus rises, Shukra is both L1 and L6, making him a functional malefic.

Guru exalted sits in the third, in mutual aspect with exalted Mangala. They are separated by twelve degrees, thus cancellation of exaltation is probably not complete. Guru aspects the seventh, ninth, and eleventh houses of partnership, religion and gain from action. The aspect to the seventh, I am told, tells of sexual faithfulness in marriage. I can't speak for my husband, but I know I was. Here's my question: does Guru exalted in the UL tell a different story of his faithfulness/mine/both? The aspect to the ninth tells of respect for religion. My husband and I met in a religious setting, but by the end of the marriage he objected to me going to church due to his jealousy, so that fell apart. The aspect to the eleventh allows profit from action.

I do not mean to take up all your time. I will close for now and hope to continue with the other houses soon. Shukra on my sixth cusp is calling me to have lunch on schedule--necessary for my diabetic condition.

Gratefully,

Asaboveurania

joyd

Post by joyd » 13 Sep 2017

Dear Asabove..

Here i have to mention one key point.I given a reply using jaiminis school of astrology and not Parashara.why bcz upa pada-and its 2nd house results are better explained by jaimini sage.To be precise,your query comes under jaiminis system.so pl.use aspects given by jaiminis school and not parashara.Any how that you admitted that you are new to astrology.so pl wait and i will explain my reply in detail using jaimini's syatem that i followed.

regards/joyd

joyd

Post by joyd » 14 Sep 2017

In jaimini system the movable aspects fixed /fixed aspects the movable/and dual signs aspect the other dual signs.This is the rule of aspects.Now you see your chart with these aspects and notive the things that was already happend in your life.
one come from pious family means,i am speaking about family values not the individuals professions.Here the word pious exclusively belongs to ones forefathers.In parashara school it was denoted by D12 chart of Dwadasamsa.
coming to your second gentlemans fathers-mothers point.The profession deities of D10 decides ones profession.Family values are entirely different from ones nature and their professions.The D7 chart of your father-in-law decides the nature of your husband.

COMING TO YOUR 1ST GENTLEMANS NATURE AND SECOND GENTLEMANS NATURE

The man who died in accident[came from seekers of light as you described]-an exalted sun aspecting UL's second leo from aries.so it tallied it with your description of your first person[.sun is the light]..Here mercury is gnati karaka[accidents-disease-relatives].so he passed away in an accident by aspecting the UL's cancer sign.[break in relationship].

Reg second breakage of relationship,rahu aspecting UL sign cancer from scorpio.It spoiled the 2nd relationship after 16 years.why?

the reason as follows-saturn as pitri karaka[father] and mars as matri karaka[mother] guarded your marriage relationship till such a long period.It means,your parents blessings only guarded your married life.

The second gentleman has a different nature bcz of Mars aspect.It exactly matching with your descriptions.why? mars has a very skilled communicator in deceiving others.[ a con artist.]

what i sincerely[friendly] advising you is.pl.don't raise this kind of high knowledged questions without proper understanding of jyothish basics.Don't attract to the style of words in jyothish like dainya parivartana and pushkaramsa kind madam.

I thought you know the basics in jaimini school,that's why i attended your 1st question.sorry to say this but i dont like to waste my prime time in answering such type of questions here after.

Try to raise your questions on basics first to understand better.

regards/joyd

ash2016
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ash2016 » 14 Sep 2017

joyd wrote:
12 Sep 2017
ash2016 wrote:
11 Sep 2017
joyd wrote:
09 Sep 2017

regards/joyd
Joy D
Regards
Yours
Ash
----------------------------
from natal ascendant saturn in 3rd showing creative job fields.jupiter in D10-D9 occupied his own houses,hence admin type of jobs are also suitable to you.saturn in swamsa gives earth related professions.From moon ascendant-mars in gemini again showing creative jobs.From sun ascendant -moon indicating food industry related jobs. moon in aquarius amsa also denoting horticultural related professions.Any one of the above mentioned fields gives good success and gains.presently in which field you are working now?If you already in the above mentioned fields don't try to change your profession.you also flourish in exports and imports and aqua marine related professions too.

specify your sex first based on it we can say which body part will be affected in near future.Hope you will be already suffering with a chronic disease which started in your venus maha dasa.

joyd.
Joy D
I am a male !
I am a very struggling writer trying hard to make two ends meet
Kindly guide- should I take up teaching or consultancy career as suggested by many
Regards
Yours
Ash

joyd

Post by joyd » 15 Sep 2017

dont switch over now,your present job is also come under creative one.Hence change is not advisable..

joyd

asaboveurania

Post by asaboveurania » 15 Sep 2017

Many thanks for your time and patience, Joyd.

It is my prayer that you will be blessed because of your efforts to shed light in my life.

I am new to Jyotish as a stranger in a new land, but I am drawn to the light like a moth to a flame. Now in my Jupiter-Ketu dasa bhukti, a system that is unfamiliar to the land of my birth seems as though it may hold answers to my spiritual quest for light. I hope you understand that no disrespect to your traditions is intended by my query, although I can see there are vast gaps in my knowledge.

Sadly, I share the same failing as other humans: I do not know what I do not know, so I err.

Your insights have given me several areas of focus for further study. I am grateful for your patience in sharing the depth of your understanding.

Namaste,

Asaboveurania

asaboveurania

Post by asaboveurania » 15 Sep 2017

Many thanks for your time and patience, Joyd.

It is my prayer that you will be blessed because of your efforts to shed light in my life.

I am new to Jyotish as a stranger in a new land, but I am drawn to the light like a moth to a flame. Now in my Jupiter-Ketu dasa bhukti, a system that is unfamiliar to the land of my birth seems as though it may hold answers to my spiritual quest for light. I hope you understand that no disrespect to your traditions is intended by my query, although I can see there are vast gaps in my knowledge.

Sadly, I share the same failing as other humans: I do not know what I do not know, so I err.

Your insights have given me several areas of focus for further study. I am grateful for your patience in sharing the depth of your understanding.

Namaste,

Asaboveurania

joyd

Post by joyd » 15 Sep 2017

welcome madam

joyd

ash2016
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ash2016 » 16 Sep 2017

joyd wrote:
15 Sep 2017
dont switch over now,your present job is also come under creative one.Hence change is not advisable..

joyd
Joy D
I am a freelancing writer; but very struggling one ! Thus I doubt on my communication skills !
I wish to achieve international fame and be financially strong as I have gone through many set backs
Kindly also guide about my health (I am a male)
Guide me in a proper manner as you always do to all
Yours
Ash