Combustion - The Role of Sun

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Uca1is
Re: Combustion - The Role of Sun

Post by Uca1is » 24 Aug 2019

@Shivoham

Though you haven't asked me for suggestions and I do not know much but for Kaalchakra dasha you could check out Lunar Astro channel on YouTube. There are a couple of videos about it and in those videos, a book on Kaalchakra dasha has been mentioned numerous times which has been written by Mr Shakti Mohan Singh.
Hope it helps.

tenko
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by tenko » 28 Aug 2019

Different planets represent different areas of consciousness. Sun represents will. Venus represents romantic relations, Mars righteous anger, Rahu sinister tendencies and so on. Combustion means in the past lives, the native has used his will to destroy/overshadow some other aspects of his consciousness. For eg, if Venus is combust with sun, it means in the previous life, because of his overbearing nature, he destroyed his married/love life. If Mercury is combust, it means he has lost his reasoning because of his will power etc.

In one chart I studied, Venus and Mercury were both combust.His marriage did not last long. That person's Atma Karaka is Mercury. His core nature is intelligence but in this life, because of his past karma, he is not able to fully exercise his intellect. He had some health issues, he tried to play doctor, researched online and self medicated for many years. His condition grew worse. When he visited the doctor, he was told that his analysis was wrong and he had been taking wrong medication. His core mercury nature was trying to exhibit itself but because the blessing is not there in this life, it went horribly wrong.

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 28 Aug 2019

Very interesting observation. I'd normally have attributed this situation to an affliction to the 11th from Lagna lord. Is it possible to share the chart of this person?
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 29 Aug 2019

combustion robs of the potentiality of a benefic planet because the planet becomes weak . If the same logic is applied to a malefic whether natural or functional , does it reduce the power to do bad . Then again does a combust planet gives the results of karakathwa or ownership or both . where does the power of combust planet go . what happens to the results given by SUN when a planet gets combust . In one case I had seen venus as 9th lord was combust with sun and he lost the father during sun dasa but not in venus dasa .

tenko
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by tenko » 31 Aug 2019

@ChandraLagna

I can give it to you privately. Does this forum have any PM feature ?

ChandraLagna
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by ChandraLagna » 01 Sep 2019

Yes, the forum does have PM facility but as a new member is not yet available to you. You can click on my name and see an option to email me.

However, considering that this is a section for technical discussion, I'd welcome if you can (also) place your analysis of the chart, whether or not the 11th from Lagna lord is afflicted since you already have done some analysis of the chart.

For affliction, some possibilities as you'd know would be conjunction of the lord with a malefic,or malefic aspecting it, or being combust, in a griha yuddh, being neecha-sthan, in bad amsas, the 11th house or lord aspected by malefics, tenanted by malefics, same applies to depositors...the usual methods of assessing the affliction.

If there is indeed affliction to the 11th, then in my opinion that would be the prime reason for his self-medication going wrong.
--भज गोविन्दं... भज गोविन्दं...गोविन्दं भज, मूढमते --

With Regards,
ChandraLagna

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 02 Sep 2019

The essence that Shri Sanjay Rath focussed upon Combustion in his Atri series is...
That the person needs to become spiritual in order to get the best out of Combust Planets. Without being spiritual a person can't reap rewards from Combusted planets so Spirituality is a key word he gave.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 14 Oct 2019

When a planet gets combust, then what exactly is the role played by sun as the cause of it ? Is it the karakatwa i.e. the father combusts the planet OR the Lordship for e.g. 4th house factor mother ?
Combust condition is an indication of Shiva's wrath. Paternal afflictions are related to 9th lord and bhava.
Also can anyone shed some light on why do we get combust planets in this life ? The root cause of past lives karma..
Karma w.r.to that planet causes such inauspicious conditions.

Combustion effects are adverse. The level of affliction is proportional to the proximity with Sun. Thus the effect of a planet in combustion when it is in 2 degree proximity will be quite different from the one where the proximity is some 10 degrees. These are not comparable without longitude considerations.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 14 Oct 2019

Where one area and aspect of life was misused due to excesses the planet that rules that particular bhava and karakathwa gets combust in this life .combust Venus shows that the native ill treated the partner utterly in the past birth . Jupiter combust shows that the native ill treated and humiliated , father , teacher or venerable elders in the past life . In some cases the argument holds good in case of lordship also depending on the strength . Where the lord and karaka of a particular bhava is combust all the indications of that particular bhava gets negated . For example a combust Venus as 7th lord , completely demies marriage . In such case no amount of propitiation would give marriage .The same happens with JUPITER COMBUST AS 9TH LORD where the native faces loss of father very early in life , in fact as an infant also . Surprisingly the results could happen during Sun dasa .

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 14 Oct 2019

@lefteye
I don't agree to the term wrath of Shiva. Combustion can be a cause of purification & high spiritual upliftement. I agree that person suffers materially with regard to significations of ast planets but non material significations do not suffer at all
What if such sun has very high Shadbal, Digbal, high ishta phal, Vargottama & In Pushkar Navamsa?
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aquarian.sun » 14 Oct 2019

I've seen charts with combust Venus and the person didn't have a problem getting married or having relationships.My Lagna lord is combust badly (4 degrees) and i've never been ill or sick in 26 years.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 14 Oct 2019

@Shivoham,Iladevi & aquarian.sun

When the planet is close to Sun by 1 or 2 degrees the condition of the planet is more or less like a burnt piece of charcoal. When it is around at 10 degree distance, combustion has some effects on that planet leaving significant portion unaffected. (Also, the type of panchanga/siddantha/mean or true positions of planets/ayanamsa will have variations in the longitudes. We have to standardize this base parameter. )

We have other indications for the bad karma committed in past births. Curses ,Avesthas, Shadbala, badakesh, Saturn and nodes are the main parameters of the karmic continuity. We have divisional charts like D30,D40 and D45. So there is no need to indicate a bad karma second time using combustion.

Sun represents Shiva. Any affliction to a planet by combustion is logically due to their association with Sun.

As I have mentioned, combustion is not a benefic aspect in a chart. It shows a negative point. The spiritual upliftment is to be supported with other placements also. Getting a combust planet as Atmakaraka would give a faster spiritual development. That is what Pt.Sanjay Rath says. He doesn't imply any subha amsa for combust planets. Renunciation is the key for spiritual development. This renunciation follows an excess indulgence. That is the point.

Venus with Sun in 7th house is described in one word by Dr BV Raman. Quirk. He has not mentioned the degrees. The effects here will be adverse and capable of ruining the native by his own libido. In such placements the proximity, benefic's aspects, condition of Mars assume significance to decide the net result. I remember Mukesh Ambani's Venus is combust within some 9 degrees. He pays 1.5 lakhs per month as salaries to his drivers.Think about the ideal luxury blessed by Venus. :roll: .Taking this as a standard,we can understand the effect of longitude/proximity in case of combustion analysis.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aquarian.sun » 14 Oct 2019

My lagna lord is Saturn and is in Capricorn 1st house...combusted by Sun from the 2nd house by 4 degrees.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 15 Oct 2019

yes . Agreed that combustion alone DOES not cause a particular result . There could be other factors which could counter feat . But it is an important contributor . Venus combust might have given marriage but the quality of marital happiness could have been unsatisfactory . It is too personal matter which usually does not get openly admitted .Then again as is pointed out by another member it could contribute to spiritual upliftment . A real curse for the normal life is combustion of Jupiter and Saturn . Saturn is a manda and like any other result he is slow in giving results . In cases where he is lagnalord he tries to postpone the matter as much as possible .

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 15 Oct 2019

For example a combust Venus as 7th lord , completely demies marriage . In such case no amount of propitiation would give marriage .
This is not true, I have seen with combust venus as close as one degree or less as 7th lord, the person got married.

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 15 Oct 2019

Can exalted Venus counter the effects of close combustion?

I mean we often define planetary results according to what the said planet 'feels' in a certain house/Rashi.

I read that combust planets feel 'irritated/mischievous/agitated' whereas exalted planets feel 'jubiliant/at their favourite picnic spot'.

So does the close proximity with sun ruins any planet's picnic? Sticking to Venus - because the current discussion is focused on it - how does an exalted but combust Venus behaves?

aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aquarian.sun » 15 Oct 2019

@iladevi19 Hi ! What kind of results delays Saturn as the Lagna Lord? And how much in case of combustion?'Till '40 ?

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Venus and Mercury were both combust.His marriage did not last long.
This is also not true. There are cases where the marriage lasts long with these conditions.
Health is also good.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@iladevi19 Hi ! What kind of results delays Saturn as the Lagna Lord? And how much in case of combustion?'Till '40 ?
Saturn generally acts slowly in giving results in general for everything - education, marriage, health issues and so on. Combustion need not cause delay at all.

aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor

Post by aquarian.sun » 15 Oct 2019

@Dev In case of combustion Saturn can deny?

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 15 Oct 2019

Lot of discussions about combustion are available in this link. Eight charts have been discussed here for analysing the effects of combustion of various planets. Some are from Dr.BV Raman's book-300 combinations. It also gives net result of each planet in combustion.

https://blog.indianastrologysoftware.co ... pretation/

The main point here is that a 1 degree combustion of Venus has denied marriage to Rajaji, the first Governor General. His UL was placed better.UL Lord in debilitation with Rahu in 3rd. 7th lord in lagna and 9th lord exalted in 7th. Lone Moon receives aspects from lone Satutn. But additional aspects of Rahu Jupiter and Mars are there on 7th house and Moon. 2,3,4,5 parivartana. But Jupiter is in debilitation.

This article states that " In the Ayurdaya method of computing the life-span by assessing the number of years contributed by each planet towards longevity, combustion takes away half of the longevity contributed by a planet which is in the combination. Combustion is therefore malefic and capable of cutting short the power of a planet. The exceptions to this rule are Venus and Saturn, who if combined with the Sun,contribute the full span of life". I missed this aspect.

Mercury combustion within 1 degree is a myth. I have seen this combination in many charts. Natives are weak in studies. But they are intelligent and determined. This article registers a different view on this.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 15 Oct 2019

"Mercury combustion within 1 degree is a myth. I have seen this combination in many charts. Natives are weak in studies."
That's not True. It's in my chart. I was a school Topper & College Ranker in DU, Cleared all papers of ICSI along with College except one & that too because I didn't bothered to study due to my other inclinations. If you would have said that such natives do not have an inclination towards bookish craming then I would have agreed. But whenever I studied I used to be amongst toppers. I had no inclination from begining of Rahu MD in 2nd semester of college in start of 2012, I just used to pick a book day before exam & used to clear it convincingly. I grasp theory very fast. Believe it or not, I even topped in some of the papers with a day of study. This made me overconfident & complacent which I would consider as the main mistake. The one CS paper I didn't clear on time & took 2 years from 2014 to 2016 was a practical paper which required good understanding of Financial Management, Accounting & Formulae which one can't develop overnight & it requires practice. All the theory papers, I cleared with flying colors, my low scores were in papers that required practical implementation. Papers like Accountancy, Macro Economics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology can't be cleared with one day of study & even if you do then scores would be low. That's why I quit science in 11th & took Commerce as it has a lot of Theory Based Papers.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 16 Oct 2019

You have quoted one part of my statement. Natives are weaker in studies. ok. But are intelligent and determined. I have 4 such cases in my family and friend circle-all failed to taste the result of education.

One boy scored top marks in plus 2. But wasted one year to join college.Then he was sent to overseas for higher studies PG. He decided to come back before completion ending up with a diploma. T.he other 3 cases-one didn't complete schooling;one completed degree with Herculean tasks and the last one finished PG but didn't know anything on that subject. But all are intelligent.

I have another case where the native finished Engineering with top rank , getting first job in campus with debilitated Mercury and Sun in Mrityu bhaga-both placed at 8th house. Mercury in 8th house-8th is an ideal placement for Mercury both in D1 and D24.

Mercury represents a good scholar. A scholar is identified by proper inputs with true dedication and then getting the results.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 16 Oct 2019

So What you actually meant by weaker in studies is that the native will get hindrances & obstacles in his academic education like dropping an year or not appearing or failing in exams although the native will be intelligent & generally scores well but will not obtain the results that one is expected to get from such a person consistently. As you said 'failed to taste the result of education.' Well said. One will not be able to get fruits of his academic endeavours due to combust, negative or weak Budh? He's also the karaka for money which I haven't started earning yet & at the same time, karaka of buddhi which is not working in the right direction+ speech too because of which I have suffered the most in my life.

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 16 Oct 2019

One more thing I observed is combust Venus gives contempt for women though such native cleverly conceals it Even he does not have respect for mother . He can not get manthra siddhi if he worships a female deity due to his inherent contempt for women in general . People do not come out openly on this point and only very close people like mother , sister , wife know this attribute of that person .