Combustion - The Role of Sun

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
aquarian.sun
Contributor
Contributor
Re: Combustion - The Role of Sun

Post by aquarian.sun » 16 Oct 2019

@iladevi19 My Venus is exalted and unnaflicted by malefics and i have a slight contempt for woman and,of course,no good relationship.

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 16 Oct 2019

ilaDevi19
How can you pass such a derogatory statement with your limited knowledge & experience? How many charts have you seen for coming to this conclusion? Refrain from such acts. Would you say the same for women with such Combust Venus as well? What if Venus is well placed in own house or exalted? What if Sarvashtakvarga score of Shukra is high (6,7,8) in sign at time of birth? What if it is well aspected by Benefics? What if Vaisheshikamsa score or DashVarga/Shodashvarga is high?
This ludicrous statement of Combust Venus leads to hatred for women is absolutely unacceptable to me.
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 17 Oct 2019

combust Venus gives contempt for women though such native cleverly conceals it.
Rajaji was denied marriage due to combust venus,
combust mercury makes one poor in studies.
These statements are all wrong.
Rajaji was married and had children. He lost his wife but was a perfect gentleman and had no weakness for women. Combust venus does not make one have contempt for women. They respect in fact.

Many known to me both male and female with venus combust within a degree are married and have children too.

Mercury deep combust for a person, he was very good in studies, almost a topper.
Also combust mercury or venus has nothing to do with love towards mother. They do love and respect their mother very much.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 17 Oct 2019

@Dev

Thank you for correcting. I registered wrongly the views given in the url.
My apologies to all for passing on a wrong information unintentionally. I don’t understand how this happened.

The actual lines in that url:
“Venus combust took away the wife of this renowned statesman, rather early in life, though the native lived upto 94 years. The 7th house also rules partners in trade, occupation etc. Rajaji always differed from the views held by his compatriots in public and political life and separated rather frequently from his friends.”
What I wrote:
“The main point here is that a 1 degree combustion of Venus has denied marriage to Rajaji, the first Governor General. His UL was placed better.UL Lord in debilitation with Rahu in 3rd. 7th lord in lagna and 9th lord exalted in 7th. Lone Moon receives aspects from lone Satutn. But additional aspects of Rahu Jupiter and Mars are there on 7th house and Moon. 2,3,4,5 parivartana. But Jupiter is in debilitation.”

I regret this blunder . Sorry again.

But I stand by my views that combustion within 1 degree and 10 degrees will bring different results and Mercury’s 1 degree combustion is a myth.

https://blog.indianastrologysoftware.co ... pretation/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C._Rajagopalachari
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 17 Oct 2019

Left eye

No problem.
In fact, Rajaji was so honest that when one of his sons who was jobless asked him help, he refused to help asking him to try on his own, in fact his son committed suicide.
Jupiter in debilitation but must be having neechabhanga-he wrote Ramayana, Mahabharata - his own simple versions.

Combustion within 1 degree and 10 degrees will bring different results and this would apply to all planets that get combust.

However my relative has Mercury’s less than 1 degree (in fact less than 30 min) combust but he was good at studies, he respects and loves his mother. But he is not that wise though very good at studies. One is practical may be that needs jupiter, other is theory, may be that is mercury.
But why mercury alone is myth? Because he is always close to sun and friendly?

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 17 Oct 2019

Dev,
Thanks.
A planet in close combustion is supposed to lose its effect in native's life. The 1 degree range proximity is termed as eclipse by some classics. Burnt Venus or Mercury or other planets will do have its effect in one or another form in restricting the native from enjoying its subha karakatwa. In case of Rajaji's chart, it deprived him of his spouse and forced him to a life of vanaprastha though had exaltant Moon in 7th . But the effects are not visible in case of Mercury combustion. I have seen cases of both side extremities-as far as academic brilliance is concerned. But their intelligence is a cut above than the rest in all those cases.

Rajaji was a wise leader . He had controversial ideas too.
I learnt Mahabharat from his writings. He is one of those few leaders I always wonder about.
Let me narrate something here which shows his ahead of time nature.

In the beginning of 20th century there was a great saint living nearby Lalgudi , Trichy. He was a Brahmin by birth. He was an expert in Atharva Veda prayog and a Rajarajeswari upasaka. Sri Garuda was his ishta devata. He was able to cure snakebites by mantra chanting. People from any part of this country were advised to contact Lalgudi Railway station by phone and convey the details of victim of snake bites. The message would be conveyed to him and he carried out the remedy by mantra even without seeing the person’s face. The victim got cured immediately.

Government of TN released a gazette notification to Railways about this Sage.
I was taught this story by the seniors and I didn’t believe. After some 10 years,oneday I came across a blog describing snakes. The writer was a son of a retired Station Master. He mentioned a casual remark that Lalgudi Station master was good at curing snake bites as he heard from his father.
That is how truths surface out to concerned people who are in need. The great Guru was expelled from his community as he accommodated two disciples of different religions. But these two disciples have become some celebrities later. They have samadhis in Madurai. A veteran mantrika from a Nambudhri clan had a clash with one of them (Sri Ambalavana Desika)and was shown the power of Sri Ambalavana Desika. He and his family became followers of this Saint. Though the mantrika is not alive now, his family visits Madurai every year during Gurupuja.

I said here that Government of TN released a gazette notification to Railways about this Sage. Sri Venkatrama is the sage.

Rajaji was the Chief Minister then when he released this gazette.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 20 Oct 2019

Lefteye,

true, Rajaji indeed thought beyond his time, was very intelligent and honest.
A planet in close combustion is supposed to lose its effect in native's life. The 1 degree range proximity is termed as eclipse by some classics. Burnt Venus or Mercury or other planets will do have its effect in one or another form in restricting the native from enjoying its subha karakatwa.
May be, but not exactly true. With combust venus withing 3 degree, for men, I found many of them getting married, have children boy or girl and most having some problems, many divorced but with girls with the same venus, they are married have children and dont have problems.

With mercury I dont know exactly what the effect would be, I found the person was very good at studies but could not apply himself practically when it came to jobs. He was not wise but also has debilitated jupiter.
Can you comment what you feel would be the effect for combust mercury(deep)?

Very interesting information about the saint. Nice piece of information.

Dev

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 20 Oct 2019

Dev
I will look for data on Mercury combustion and revert on this subject. Moon and Mercury in mutual kendras tend to make persons eccentric. Mercury is regarded as the only planet other than Sun capable of removing all doshas in a chart.

Venus combustion can't deny marriage as there are other dictums that allow marriage. Venus is truly love and life force but all of us use it in place of libido. Bhrigu rishi allows people with blessings of Venus alone to chant Amrita sanjivana mantra. Persons with combust Venus may not be enterprising or happy. A good Venus gives a good taste of life. It makes the native to choose options of good quality.

I could not remember dictums for denial of marriage in classics. All points talk about the nature of spouse.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 20 Oct 2019

Lefteye
I will look for data on Mercury combustion and revert on this subject. Moon and Mercury in mutual kendras tend to make persons eccentric. Mercury is regarded as the only planet other than Sun capable of removing all doshas in a chart.
I have seen no eccentricity in two Moon and Mercury in mutual kendras horoscopes. It is interesting statement you made about Mercury and Sun capable of removing all doshas in a chart. Is there evidence for that? Is it not jupiter who is 100% benefic who removes doshas?
What about sun when all planets with him are combust, does he get additional strength and become over powerful?
Venus combustion can't deny marriage as there are other dictums that allow marriage. Venus is truly love and life force but all of us use it in place of libido. Bhrigu rishi allows people with blessings of Venus alone to chant Amrita sanjivana mantra. Persons with combust Venus may not be enterprising or happy. A good Venus gives a good taste of life. It makes the native to choose options of good quality.
True, I have noticed this but depending on the venus conjunction, it can give not only worldly pleasures but also spiritual happiness and growth.
I could not remember dictums for denial of marriage in classics. All points talk about the nature of spouse.
OK

Dev

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 21 Oct 2019

Dev

I have come across many times about these quotes.

Now the reason appears to me after seeing your question:

Sun- Rigveda Gayatri is the mantra that worships Sun basically. Almost all remedies in Karma vipaka recommends this Gayatri chanting. Savita is none other than the Sun.

If you look into the ati , pratyati devata mantras of Sun
Rishi Medhatithi , Gayatri Chanda: Agni: Devata
अ॒ग्निं दू॒तं वृ॑णीमहे॒ होता॑रं वि॒श्ववे॑दसम् ।
अ॒स्य य॒ज्ञस्य॑ सु॒क्रतुम ॥

Vama Deva Rishi, Trishtup chanda: Rudro Devata
येषा॒मीशे॑ पशु॒पतिः॑ पशू॒नां चतु॑ष्पदामु॒त च॑ द्वि॒पदाम् ।
निष्क्री॑तो॒ऽयं य॒ज्ञियं॑ भा॒गमे॑तु रा॒यस्पोषा॒ यज॑मानस्य सन्तु ॥

Sun is Shiva.

Suryashtakam is very important.It removed the curse of Krishna-Samba. The Bhavishya Purana, the Skanda Purana and the Varaha Purana narrate that some of Krishna's junior wives were infatuated with Samba. One wife Nandini disguised herself as Samba's wife and embraced him. For this incest, Krishna cursed Samba to be inflicted with leprosy and his wives to be kidnapped by Abhira robbers after his death. He got relieved by worshiping Sun.

Mercury- If you look at the ati,pratyati devata mantras,
Dheerkatama rishi Trishtup Chanda: Vishnu: Devata

इ॒दं विष्णु॒र्विच॑क्रमे त्रे॒धा निद॑धे प॒दम्। समू॑ढमस्यपासु॒रे।
विष्णो॑ र॒राट॑मसि॒ विष्णोः पृ॒ष्ठम॑सि॒ विष्णो॒श्श्नप्त्रेस्थो॒॥

Vama deva Rishi Pankti chanda: Trivikramo devata
विष्णो॒स्स्यूर॑सि॒ विष्णोर्ध्रु॒वम॑सि वैष्ण॒वम॑सि॒ विष्ण॑वे त्वा।
ॐ अधिदेवता प्रत्यधिदेवता सहिताय बुधा॑य॒ नमः॑ ॥

Mercury is Vishnu.

Other graha mantras have other deities. As these two planets have the supreme deities or two reflections of Parabrahman they may be considered very auspicious in driving away doshas. Particularly Sun in 11th house in a chart has been mentioned as sarva dosha nivarana.

This may be the reason.

What about sun when all planets with him are combust, does he get additional strength and become over powerful?
The energy is not absorbed by the planets and the Sun. It is dissipated into the space nearby. Planets involved in the combustion become weak. The house where this happens becomes almost extinct for its karakatwa if even one combustion happens within one degree. Sun will not become weak if it is not involved in graha yuddha.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 21 Oct 2019

Lefteye:
very nice sankrit slokas. They are vedic statements and need no further proof.
Are these informations available in yajur, sama or atharvana vedas as well?
I was of the opinion that jupiter being a brahmin and 100% benefic is supreme. Sun is very fond of him and jupiter in fact is positioned opposite sun in Suryanar koil.

I am happy to note these since my navamsa lagna is kanya where mercury is placed alone and he is also my atmakaraka.

Savita is Sun. Importance of sun is seen in Gayatri mantra(Suryashcha mamanyashcha and so on).
Vasihnavites also have Suryanarayana koil as one of the divyadesams and there Sun is worshipped as Narayana.
Adityahrudayam was chanted by Rama.

Suryashtakam has 8 easy slokas for those to chant who would like to strengthen their sun (apart from Gayatri japa, Adityahrudayam, Suryanamaskar etc).
त्रैगुण्यं च महाशूरं ब्रह्मविष्णुमहेश्वरम् ।
महापापहरं देवं तं सूर्यं प्रणमाम्यहम् ॥४॥

In the above sloka, he is said to have the Three Gunas of Brahma, Vishnu and Maheswara (i.e. Qualities of Creation, Sustenance and Dissolution).

Nice information from the Bhavishya Purana, the Skanda Purana and the Varaha Purana. You seem to have lot of information.

Yes, Mercury is Vishnu. At many places in Chennai, Vishnu Sahasranamam is chanted on wednesdays specifically for this reason.

Sun in 11th house in a chart during gochara should also be good, right?

I thought that Sun takes away energy from the planets when he is conjuct with other planets.
Planets involved in the combustion become weak. The house where this happens becomes almost extinct for its karakatwa if even one combustion happens within one degree. Sun will not become weak if it is not involved in graha yuddha.
This I would not agree since in my own case, I have planets in the 3rd house and 3rd house indicated shorter travels and I always have such travels.
Venus is conjunct within one degree and I have classical music skills and give concerts too.
One person known to me has mercury combustion within 30 minutes and it is in 5th house from rasi, 4th from lagna. He has all luxuries, was good at studies and is very fond of his mother and other family members.

Dev

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 22 Oct 2019

Dev
These are from Navagraha Sukta. Rig Vedic mantras.

The combustion problem has two sides. Inferior and superior conjunctions.Planet in between Earth and Sun-is inferior. Here rays are not blocked. Sun in between Earth and planet-superior conjunction.Rays are blocked here.
I checked with the 2 cases of 4 and they do match.Mercury is in inferior conjunction there.
I try to attach the image.
You can refer the URL which gives the diagrams - you have to alter the date in this url as per your choice.
https://takemeback.to/astronomy/26-Augu ... a8bpeYzbIW

Also, you can get the details of conjunction dates from another url.
https://in-the-sky.org/news.php?id=20170826_11_100
https://in-the-sky.org/news.php?id=20190130_11_100
This I would not agree since in my own case, I have planets in the 3rd house and 3rd house indicated shorter travels and I always have such travels.
I agree with this. As all planets are located, few may support the bhava karakatwa also.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 23 Oct 2019

where to enter the values? It is asking for money to print the figure.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 24 Oct 2019

CORRECTED.JPG
I am attaching an image.
I have checked few times but found no issues.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

abhi8492i

Post by abhi8492i » 24 Oct 2019

Isn't the close combustion of mercury would mean Nipun/Budhaditya yoga? I mean the experience that you people are describing are just confirming this.

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 25 Oct 2019

That yoga is not working for all as described in books. It works in case of inferior conjunctions. It is not giving good results in superior conjunctions. But there is another theory of conjunction within 17 minutes to yield very good results.Cazimi. It is applicable to new Moon also. One rule is over ruled by another rule. For example Sun and Mars are friends and royal planets. But if Mars occupies a star,23rd counted from Sun's star that destroys the native-vainasika.

The planet in combustion will perform well in one area. With Jupiter, you might get rich, or famous, but not both (extreme example, most people don't do either to any great degree). You could become a cardinal or the equivalent in an organised religion if that was your goal with a combust Jupiter, or a renowned scholar in some secular matter. Those kinds of things. But as a rule, you'll have great luck in one Jupiterian pursuit. The rest - not so much, or not at all. Combust planets for women (any planet) seem to be bad for marriage as a rule, though it doesn't seem to hold true quite so much for men, though it depends on the planet, and it should be still looked at it- for compliance.

Normalcy is the very aspect that is missing in case of combustion. In combustion Merc/Sun combust is often the sign of a very good writer, for example, but one can get awfully caught up in one's own opinions to the point of not listening to others, Venus combust in Taurus can make one to deeply involve in affairs or art but can't establish a permanent relationship or livelyhood out of that art as a permanent source of income. Venus combust in Libra is often a gorgeous woman trapped in a miserable marriage, and so forth.

The energy absorption concept given by some astro scholars doesn't comply with the basic laws of thermodynamics. Energy can flow from a higher source to lower source and not the otherway. So when the planets get their energy from Sun, the energy released during combustion will not be absorbed by Sun again.It must be dissipated into near by houses where the combustion takes place. Most probably 2nd and 12th from the house of combustion. Those houses have to be checked for damages. The zodiac is ust space through which rays are passed. If that zone gets afflicted it can have a say on results.

In case of births during, or -2 weeks before, or -2 weeks after eclipses, the sign where the node and the luminaries are positioned, this effect happens.This point is not checked by many astrologers. Eclipses repeat in cycles for thousands of years. Westerners have studied this from the times of Ptolemy taking lead from Hipparchus and recorded them all in various series following different calendars/days system. Most popular is Saro's cycle which gives repetition every 18 years. Pt.Sanjay Rath has given two articles on this.

We can find lot of literature about eclipses and their grouping in western astrological blogs. I follow this aspect to check eclipse in all charts. Every year we have 4 eclipses average.The time span is not equally divided between two eclipses. In such cases,even if the birth date happens to be after 4 weeks after an eclipse, there would be problems in those houses. Any planet in a chart within 3 degrees within the nodes will be a trouble maker in normal cases. With eclipse happening in natal chart, the damage will be more in 3 degree range. If it is 9 degrees, the damages will be minimum.

Combustion is spoiling the zodiac in the same way but not to the degree of eclipse. Except Venus all other planets are considered to give 50% life span in longevity calculations. (Reason: Venus has 180 degree tilt whereas Earth has 23.5 degrees tilt only.But I could not understand this reason.)
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Shivoham
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Shivoham » 25 Oct 2019

"Except Venus all other planets are considered to give 50% life span in longevity calculations." I think Saturn & Venus both are not affected due to Combustion for longevity calculation so 50% lifespan shouldn't apply on Jeevan Karaka Shani as well. Saturn & Venus give full lifespan irrespective of Combustion
I am without any form & variation. I am present everywhere as the underlying substratum of everything & always in equilibrium Neither do I get attached to anything, nor get freed from anything. I am Ever Pure Blissful Consciousness Soham Shivoham

lefteye
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by lefteye » 26 Oct 2019

I forgot this and could not recall the other planet as I am not doing this. Thank you for pointing out. Fresh references reveal one more exception has been given for Mercury combustion in retro:

Astangata Harana
When a graha is located near to Surya, this Harana is applied.
This does not apply to Śukra and Śani
1/2 is reduced. This is equivalent to multiplying 1/2 to the Base figure.
Orbs of Combustion of Direct Grahas
Chandra: 12º
Mangal: 17º
Budha: 14º
Guru: 11º
Shukra: 10º (Not applicable in this Harana)
Shani: 15º (Not applicable in this Harana)

Orbs of Combustion of Retrograde Grahas
Budha: 12º
Shukra: 8º (Not applicable in this Harana)
Only Budha and Shukra can be placed to Surya during their retrogression. The other grahas (Mangal, Guru and Shani) are far from Surya during their retrogression.
भव शंकर देशिक मे शरणम्

Dashas
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Dashas » 22 Nov 2019

I know someone who has combust mercury (less than 4 deg), in virgo along with sun (sagittarius ascendant). That person is as successful as one can get. Even with combust 7th and 10th lord mercury, he's a multi millionaire and married for over 20 years. So, not sure if combustion of mercury really counts.

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 24 Nov 2019

Some astrologers say combustion takes away the power but where it goes, the power goes to the sun and he shows the power in his dasa/ bhukti or through any planet he is associated with.

justchill
Contributor
Contributor

Post by justchill » 05 Dec 2019

Shivoham wrote:
> @justchill
> Mars is your Atmakaraka & you are expecting it to go well? If a Malefic
> planet like Mars is AK then it is highly likely that the Mahadasha will
> lead to sufferings. Anger & violence in any form whether it's thought,
> speech, emotions & action increases manifold. The best way to deal in
> that situation is to keep calm & practice non violence in all forms.
> Taking care & protection of family, animals & even plants will
> pacify your Mars.

Grateful for your reply shivoham sir.

I was born dumb ,Immature, innocent anger prone and neglect of mother or any elderly care made it worse. Meddling and immature elder brothers during childhood. They used to be considered better than me by my mother. She hardly ever had a proper conversation during my childhood. Never had the time. I am dim witted as saturn is in 4th aspecting morning 10th and moon debilitated in Navamsa.

My late father once told me mars may be foolish and given to temper outburst but is a straight forward person. My father has mars in Lagna in Virgo. Yes given to anger but he had a very clean heart. During my mars Dasha I did grow plants along with my father. We had a tulsi garden and planted a garden of sorrel leaves plants we used to harvest together. I used to help my mother by carrying groceries and walking hone from market to save rickshaw and bus money. Would draw water from well buckets and buckets that my elder brother would dump. I was studying degree and attempting for medical entrance all attempts failed as we are forward caste. I could only get to 2500 th place at another time got 3000. My mars is in pushkaramsa though in the sixth house.

sun is in 6th in his own house so I had a very unconditionally affectionate father. He has been the single most positive influence in my childhood.

Best regards

iladevi19
Contributor
Contributor

Post by iladevi19 » 10 Dec 2019

In one case I had seen combust Jupiter and combust Venus have denied marriage , as well as family . At the age of 40 he is still unmarried . Jupiter is 7th lord from lagna and Venus is 7 lord from Moon . He is highly educated , rich with good health & good looks .

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Dec 2019

I have seen a combust venus and combust ju male very well qualified and employed and very good looking and married too ended up soon in divorce.

vedam33
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by vedam33 » 11 Dec 2019

iladevi19 wrote:
10 Dec 2019
In one case I had seen combust Jupiter and combust Venus have denied marriage , as well as family . At the age of 40 he is still unmarried . Jupiter is 7th lord from lagna and Venus is 7 lord from Moon . He is highly educated , rich with good health & good looks .
Can you share the birth details if no objection

Dev
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Dev » 11 Dec 2019

Will try