What happens when a planet is in the same house in D1 and D9?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
taehan
What happens when a planet is in the same house in D1 and D9?

Post by taehan » 24 Jan 2017

Hi! This is a doubt ive been having for a while. I know to be vargottam planet should be in same sign, but is there something as Vargottam house ? What happens if a planet is, for instance, debilitated in debilitated house in D1, and exalted but still in debilitated house in D9?
I hope i made myself clear! Thank you and i appreciate all insights!! ^^

Astroboyprakuchan
Contributor
Contributor

Re: What happens when a planet is in the same house in D1 and D9?

Post by Astroboyprakuchan » 27 Jan 2017

Hi members,

Now I am curious too.. What he means is SUN(example) is libra and 7th house as well in D1 and same planet in Aries(exalted) but in 7th house again in D9.

Debilitation Bhava Vargothamma.

Hope.. the experts shed some light on this.

rgrds,
Prakusenpai

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 27 Jan 2017

The scenario is not possible because 'Bhava Vargottam' is not a real concept. Houses only exist in the Rashi chart. Divisions are just for strengths, dignity and also help form some D1 yogas.

For Sun to be in Libra in D1 and Aries navamsa, it is in good dignity. If Mars is also strong, is in a good relationship to Sun and Sun has strength too then Sun's dasha is likely to be a good one.

Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 30 Jan 2017

Yes , it is possible.

For any position in Rasi chart, whether the planet or the spanning space of the bhava in heaven, there is a corresponding position within us just like it is mmentioned in scriptures Tat Tvam Asi.

Bhavam Vargottam is supposed to give benefits regardless of sign placement. This is because the planet has its own natural significations energy and is directing it towards the same area of life of the individual acting (D1) in consort with God's divine will (D9).

ash2016
Contributor
Contributor

Post by ash2016 » 30 Jan 2017

Respected Khoo,
Can you guide me on my D-1 and D9. It would really help me to gain a valuable insight about life.
If you feel right; then also guide some remedial measures.
DOB:20-10-1973
Birth Time:18: 23
Birth Place: Delhi, India
With warm regards,
Yours,
Ash

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 31 Jan 2017

taehan wrote:
24 Jan 2017
Hi! This is a doubt ive been having for a while. I know to be vargottam planet should be in same sign, but is there something as Vargottam house ? What happens if a planet is, for instance, debilitated in debilitated house in D1, and exalted but still in debilitated house in D9?
I hope i made myself clear! Thank you and i appreciate all insights!! ^^
For this you have to understand Surya Siddhanta mode and Drik, mathematical calculations. Most of the printed Almanac or Panchang will follow astronomical calculations of SSS, whereas astrology software aided , the calculations based upon Drik, which researchers believe scientifically correct.

Our Sages narrated yoga-phala based upon SSS mode, or rather Yoga/doshas etc to be ascertained from SSS mode, you will find in this website all yogas quoted and posted based upon Drik calculations, how far true will the yoga produce in a chart is a question mark. Neverthless, you will find many queriests writing to and forth saying yogas in their chart doesn't work. You can also review The current President of U.S.Trump post in this website, a replier to your post has to bite the dust by predicting through Yoga etc, while my predictions never based upon yoga /dosha. To practice and Predict through Yoga, only to be done with ancient SS mode, not through Drik calculation, which will go for touch. You will find handful of talented SS mode astrologer practicing, and I had conversation with one of the knowledgeable SS astrologer cum teacher in a professional astrology group, where he presented through SS mode analysis of India's Prime Minister victory in 2014, while I had presented the same through K.P.System

Quoting from SS Teacher of BHU
Vargottama means a planet sitting in same sign in more than two vargas, while bhavottama means a planet sitting in same bhava of more than two vargas.
Vargottama is based on signs, hence its fruits apply to dashas based on signs, such as Jaimini system, Chara Dasha etc, while bhavottama applies to dashas applied to bhava-phala, such as Vimshottari dasha

I recall, a moksha attained Dharma-Guru's chart, Chandra in Vrischika, in both Rasi and Navamsa, His Holiness was an avatar of Lord Siva.

taehan

Post by taehan » 31 Jan 2017

Astroboyprakuchan wrote:
27 Jan 2017
Hi members,

Now I am curious too.. What he means is SUN(example) is libra and 7th house as well in D1 and same planet in Aries(exalted) but in 7th house again in D9.

Debilitation Bhava Vargothamma.

Hope.. the experts shed some light on this.

rgrds,
Prakusenpai
Hehe this is exactly what i meant :D
Last edited by Helios on 31 Jan 2017, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: enabling BBCode.

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 02 Feb 2017

Lex, please enlighten with sources of the following statements:

1. Yog phal is based on SSS not Drik.
2. The term 'Bhavottama' from a real Astrological text. Citing CS Patel won't count because he said its for research.

With the Trump thread, one may also view the Jayalalitha ECMO worry and related threads.

Lex
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Lex » 03 Feb 2017

Readers, this is what happens, when folk thinks and mustered all traditional concept and doesn't know what is Bhavattoma. A replier, says in reality this is not applicable and some one's name quoted by the replier. Fundamentally, when Using our Ancient Sages methods ( SSS mode, which is trigonometric astronomical calculations set by our Sages, remember our forefathers millions of years ago in poetic verses said the exact distance between our Planet and Baby Star Sun, NASA few years back calculated and found our correct, what was said by our Sages), reality etc doesn't count.
Drik calculations was also available to them, but anyone read SS skanda, Narada Puranas, Sage Vashistar's bhasya puranas ( hope people know about the Purana, Sage Vashistar requested Dasarat to go to Shanidev.....), can recall why they stressed to use SS mode and where to Use Drik mode. SS mode used in deriving and postulating Yogas.
Take an e.g, in line with Bhava ( refer to previous posts)..., how modern traditional astrologers( playing a reality T20 cricket match against Traditional coaching manual of MCC in cricket, 5 day test match), with invention of Software in astrologers. Entire Sages principles been ambushed during analysis of horoscope.

BPHS says and I quote( with quotes and courtesy/ excerpts from SSS teacher cum astrologer connected to BHU)
"राशि-द्वय-गते भावे तद्-राशि-अधिपतेः क्रिया ।"

It means, If a bhava extends two rashis, action has to be taken with reference to both lords

It is unanimously accepted by all Indian classics of Jyotisha that astrological fruits depend on Bhavaphala plus Bhaveshaphala, they do not talk of Rashi-phala in this context. The latter is a Western concept popularized by media in recent decades. In traditional astrology, Rashi-phala is restricted to Moon's gochara fruits only. Both Bhavaphala and Bhaveshaphala require correct dilineation of Bhāva Chart. But there are three alternative methods of casting Bhava Chart in India. One is treating Rasi Chart as Bhava Chart, the rasi of Lagna taken as first house, and completely ignoring the Bhavachalita. This is the most popular method because it saves time and serves maximum number of clients in short time ( T20 Cricket v/s Traditional MCC 5 day match). But it has no classical backing, because rasi-middle is rarely Lagna or Dashama or any other house-mid. Generally, a bhava extends into two rashis .Hence, this crude method should not be used.
Second method is actually an extension of the first method, but with addition of a Bhavachalita which is treated as an insignificant tool used occassionally only for finding planets in Bhava-sandhis. It treats each house to be of 30 degrees exactly, which is mentioned in a handful of Phalita texts, but no ancient Siddhanta-Ganita text of Jyotisha approves it, all of them support unequal house division. But astrologers read only Phalita texts and have no interest in Siddhanta-Jyotisha texts.
The third method is treating the Bhavachalita as the Lagna Chart (first divisional or Varga). Most ancient texts of India show that unequal house division was the mainstay. Planets do not own Bhavas directly, they own Rasis, and the majority rasi inside a house crudely determines the bhava-ownership. But it is a crude rule. Suppose some house contains 60% Leo occupying it, and 40% Cancer. Then, house middle will fall in Leo and Sun will predominate as lord of that house. But Moon will dominate the Cancer part of that house. Shatrugrihi, mitragrihi, svagrihi, etc are all determined by rasi-ownership. Bhaavachalita is not used for computing any other element. All elements are computed from Rasi Chart. Rasi Chart is the Basic chart. The only use of Bhaavachalita is Bhaavaphala (and Bhaaveshaphala)
Suryasiddhanta was eulogised or acclaimed by Varahamihira to be the best siddhanta originating from the Vedic god Savita. In Suryasiddhanta, the equations for computing Lagna are described in detail, than SSS also asks to compute Madhya lagna or the karma house or 10th house, separately. Thus it is established 10th house or dasama is not exactly 270 degrees after Lagna, again it proves Unequal division ( refer above BPHS). WHAT WE SEE TODAY FROM TRADITIONAL FOLKS CONSIDERING EQUAL HOUSES ACROSS, HOW YOGA PHALA CAN BE ASCERTAINED?

As we move away from the equator, more and more charts will be wrong. In North India, sometimes we find charts having one house of 35 degrees and another house of 25 degrees. When one draws both rashi-chart and bhava-chart on each other, rashis are spaces at equal intervals of 30 degrees each, but some bhavas are shorter and some are longer than 30 degrees. Sometimes, a rasi has some particular bhava-madhya at its beginning and next bhava-madhya just before the end of that rashi due to shortening of that bhava. Then, two successive bhava-middles may fall in one rashi. Thus, Sun or Moon or the nodes may each become lords of two bhavas. Planets like Mercury to Saturn may become lords of three of sometimes four houses . But when bhavas are larger, one rashi may start after a bhava-madhya and that rashi may end up before the next bhava-madhya. In such a case, the lord of that rashi will lose lordship of any of those two bhava-madhyas. Owner of a bhava-madhya is regarded as owner of a house because it occupies majority of that house (but the lord of minority rashi does not lose ownership of its rashi .Thus bhavachalita is a very complicated system baffling most astrologers). Sun, Moon, Rahu and Ketu may be devoid of ownership of any bhava. Then, they become bhavaheena planets which function as most malefic planets. Similarly, a rashi not occupying any bhava-madhya loses becomes relatively phala-heena or nishphala and therefore bad during dashas depending on rashis.
I am not getting into mathematical astronomical Trignometric equations of SS and Drik, the person who posed the query will not understand such equations ,anyway we never read replier's any SS mathematical anlysis or Drik based analysis in this website, nor cannot even understand K.P. System , since for K.P. system to understand, one has to understand first Traditional and Practiced traditional astrology

P.S.... I don't know who CS Patel , replier to my post, assumed and concluded that I am quoting. That's the problem, assuming everything and talking about reality.... which is always unreal
Trump prediction was Triumphant, so also JJ's Prediction too

rathore
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by rathore » 06 Feb 2017

Please cite real Astrological texts that talk about "Yog phal based on SSS & about Bhavottama". Stay on the topic if its possible for you.

Equal / unequal divisions, KP and Duck tales are separate from the topics above.

Sorry I thought you would know about CS Patel because he mentioned Bhavottama (as cited earlier) and was a voracious researcher on the Nadi side. Since you don't even know the name, so its alright.

JJ's prediction and results are documented here on the forum, so its not up for debate.

Veen
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Veen » 15 Apr 2018

Lex Ji
Saturn and Mars in Bhav Vargottam in D1and D9and in below chart.
I am running Saturn MD Capricorn Ascendant.
Kindly shed some lights on his life.?

My details are 21st Oct 1988
13:18
Gaya ( Bihar)