Stones Gleaned from the Rig Veda

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Khoo Hock Leong
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor
Stones Gleaned from the Rig Veda

Post by Khoo Hock Leong » 14 Jan 2017

Hi Learned Members

I am now going through a translated version of the Rig Veda. From there I glean several useful stones tied to that era, pre-Vedic times.

Varuna - Aquamarine helps us to tie up with Varuna, the God of the Sea. Aquamarine thus helps us to steer clear of evil and is a protective stone against disasters as well. It is the king of stones in pre-Vedic times and now is still a highly energised protective stone.

Agni - The Fire God and red argate is representative of it. Red Argate enable us to be properly nourished and not go without food just like Agni was worshipped in pre-Vedic times to grant prosperity to the household.

Aryanamba (spelling? the God of Hospitality) - The stone is Fluorite to create a friendly ambience in the house. Fluorite helps to avert quarrels and strife in the household too. Estrangements of all kinds are healed with this stone.

Mitra (the God of Friendship and Love) - I would say offhand Jade. Jade is for love and compassion. Jade is a Venus stone.

Open Up communication through the whole Universe especially the sky, earth and the middle space between them, in pre-Vedic times it was through rituals, in modern times it can simply be our own personal meditation. The stone is Turquoise, which is also a Venus stone.

For Indra I would say Lapis Lazuli. This stone gives wisdom and returns negative energies back to their source just like Indra send back the negative energies which is preventing the rain waters from falling down on Earth. The stone gives total awareness (just like Indra) that connects the wearer to a higher truth (Indra is forever seeking knowledge). It also connects us to our spiritual guardians (Indra always seek Vishnu, Shiva etc. for help although Vishnu and Shiva comes in during Vedic times - but as I said, the Vedas is the mother of all knowledge of the world).

And of course Rig Veda always touches on Soma, which is the elixir of life. When one is inebriated with it, evil is kept at bay because of several reasons :

(1) Indra is always around where Soma is
(2) The process of extracting Soma, involves an arduous process of yoking animals turning the mortar stones which is actually a simulation of parting the earth and sky creating the middle space. The middle space is for the movement of the Sun.

So whether animal spirits or deities around or Indra around, evil is kept at bay.

Fresh Water Pearls is from the rivers etc. and Saraswati comes in as well besides Mother Gayatri. It gives light (Usa, the dawn), beauty (the Moon) and love (all the nymphs). Pearls are linked with innocence and see with eyes of compassion just like the dawn where all animals are only just waking up.

Mother of Pearls is from the sea and denotes purity. (Oceanic water in the deepest depths are usually very pure because of a large volume of water and less salty). It promotes prosperity and luck and to see the beauty of everything (Varuna has its effects here as well for prosperity besides Gayatri for beauty).

Rgds
Khoo

tejomaya
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Stones Gleaned from the Rig Veda

Post by tejomaya » 10 Sep 2017

Khoo, Unless you quote the specific Rk and also how you have come to your conclusions we cannot really see if there is any truth in what you say.