Retrograde and Exalted = Debilitated?

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
Shiv
Re: Retrograde and Exalted = Debilitated?

Post by Shiv » 16 Jan 2018

Hi,

What if a planet is retro, exalted and combust? Venus in PI. I have chart with 2 combust, 2 debilitated and 2 retro planets. Does the retro exalted combust Venus creat neecha banga for debilitated Mercury due to conjunction?

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 16 Jan 2018

I disagree that a natural benefic under retro turns bad. I follow the "planet just gets 'stronger'...if good then a bit more good, if bad, then more bad" retrograde concept, as that seems to be what works on charts I test.

Also I have Mercury+Venus+Saturn retrograde, and in my experience I have received only good things from mercury/venus based on houses they rule + had great times during their dasha periods.
(Plus I excel in many things they represent... such as writing/reading(speed reading+memory), computer+creative computer works(editing+video), self taught, design/visual arts / painting,etc.. humor, communication with people, getting along well with females easily, also my cousins (mercury), good skin/hair, fashion, etc.) No way the planets are weaker due to retrograde.
I thrive in mercury/venus area's of life more than friends of mine who have direct mercury/venus in signs like Libra even.
I am saying this so readers don't get scared that they have some benefic retrograde in their chart and think that means it's now a malefic to them.

For the record, I am Gemini rising. mercury+venus in 10th retrograde. (no other planet with or aspects them)

joyd

Post by joyd » 16 Jan 2018

GNE- self[ chart] judging always hides key things.so what i am saying is ,revisit your chart on this retro issue again and again till you got that hidden and actual key behind their dasa's good results.

joyd.

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 17 Jan 2018

Joyd, I have been...been judging and researching my chart on the retro issue since 2013.

But I wasn't just talking about the good dasha results, as I know many factors go in to giving certain results in dasha. I was just replying regarding the general statement that retrograde benefic = bad. I don't think we need to wait for the dasha only to get the results... I mean like if someone has retrograde 4th lord, for example. The planet is doing/did something to shape their life somewhat, even when the person is not in that 4th lord dasha.

Also friends charts who have retro benefics. I know someone born 1 day after me (from school), same 3 planets retrograde, and not much negative result at all from them. Infact he is even more blessed by venus (does art and design career + was married early and still happy in marriage, etc.)

MyHead
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by MyHead » 17 Jan 2018

I know a person with 3 retrograde planets in his chart. 2 of them Venus and Mercury are in the 9th house and Saturn in 4th house. He is doing very fine. Especially in Venus/mercury matters. He is 30 yrs old and I agree with you

tylorechandra
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by tylorechandra » 17 Jan 2018

I also subscribe to the view that retrograde and exalted planets do NOT behave like a debilitated planet. Their behaviour, to some extent at least, appears to depend on their speed in retro motion. But nothing conclusive can be said so far within the realms of my experience. But again, definitely not as debilitated.

TKC

Suresh_Chauhan
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Suresh_Chauhan » 17 Jan 2018

GNE wrote:
16 Jan 2018
I disagree that a natural benefic under retro turns bad. I follow the "planet just gets 'stronger'...if good then a bit more good, if bad, then more bad" retrograde concept, as that seems to be what works on charts I test.
That is correct. Benefic or malefic nature of the planet does NOT change because it is retrograde for some amount of time during its orbiting motion around sun.

Lot of astros just push any stuff with no logic whatsoever. Retrograde literally means "SLOWED DOWN" in speed from earlier speed relative to earth. So from earth, just appears that the planet is moving backward while in reality it is not! Its like any other optical illusion - original speed went down and observer on earth who was seeing it going at 5000 Kmph now sees it going at only 4500 Kmph. it is as simple as that.

I have explained this hundreds of times on this site, yet people are asking the same thing. Saturn does not become good or "beneficial" for a chart just because it went retrograde. E.g. for Leo, Saturn is Functional malefic (which is an ADDITIONAL attribute to natural malefic status) and if this Saturn is retro in the chart , its negative signification does not magically disappear - it increases if placed in Libra (exalted malefic) or decreases if its in Aries (debilitated malefic). Functional and natural malefic nature remains the same, only the degree of negativity goes up or down. Similar principle for Benefic planet.

So the argument is closed.

Aquarian kumar
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Aquarian kumar » 11 Mar 2018

Sir I m Virgo ascendant Jupiter exalted retrograde in 11th house cancer with Ketu ..but degree jupiter hold 15° and Ketu hold 4° ..I just wanna know about my Jupiter placed in 11th house with exalted retrogration will good or bad as my Saturn in Capricorn sign with Rahu and ascendant but Saturn Rahu in uttarashada nakshatra..also I have 6 planet in saturn sign as Saturn lord of my 5th and 6th house . I know it's give me moderate results both house energy good bad also.

astrolearner15
Contributor
Contributor

Post by astrolearner15 » 25 Jul 2018

sathis wrote:
26 Dec 2017
Helius wrote:
30 Oct 2017
1: Will the same "Retrograde and Exalted = Debilitated" policy apply on the following chart or is there an exclusion as Mercuty is not only Retro and Exalted, he is also close to the sun by just 2 degrees?

2: Also Saturn who is the lagna and 2nd house lord is in his 29th degree in virgo, will he act as being in Libra the house where he gets exalted? And is this considered as a good placement considering him being the lagna lord?

astr-deg.jpg

Thanks.
Do you have better mathematical skills,intellect and communicative skills which mercury gives?
I have retro Mercury in Virgo, and have always done well in Maths and studied Finance and Accounting. And now sometimes teach Maths as well.
Communication skills- well, I talk too fast and don't always speak clearly.
And the biggest issue is- I have problems with attention to detail. Tend to make mistakes because I don't check what I've written or distracted, etc.

wanderingSteps
Contributor
Contributor

Post by wanderingSteps » 24 Aug 2018

Will a debilitated Sun give good results if the native, who does the right thing (exaltation) but values himself less for all things done (retrogade), starts to act as if he is valuing himself in front of the world as an exercise?

From the mind, the person over here has very little ego, close to none for anything built, anything done, and does good always. But yet, there is an inner knowingness within the person of his/her righteousness, only lack of display according to the outer world.

sammyho148
Contributor
Contributor

Post by sammyho148 » 28 Nov 2018

I have exalted and retro mercury in 7th house at 22 deg.

All natural significations of Mercury like communication, logic, education have been excellent so far. However significations of 7th house have been delayed, am single at the age of 36 and never been married. My seventh house also has Saturn at 28 deg with Sun at 7 deg.

ataneja17

Post by ataneja17 » 30 Nov 2018

I have Saturn retrograde in 5th house in Aquarius. I am libra ascendant and saturn is yogakaraka. I have debilitated Ketu and its Dasha was like really tough. But in that dasha, antardasha of Saturn was the best.
I am currently in my Venus dasha and Saturn antardasha starts in 2021. Lets hope for the best!

gansub
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gansub » 30 Nov 2018

I have seen so many charts and I can tell you categorically from experience that this rule is (for the majority of charts I have seen) not true. If you got a debilitated planet it is better to be humble and acknowledge the mistakes of the past lives and move on. Rather than saying -"oh look my debilitated planet is retrograde therefore it is exalted. Let me proceed to enjoy my life". In one case of a Cancer ascendant this person had his Saturn debilitated and I can tell you he had the worst experience in the marriage realm and business relationships. After a while he was advised to ignore that part of his life and move on.

gansub
Contributor
Contributor

Post by gansub » 30 Nov 2018

[quote=gansub post_id=273423 time=1543645853 user_id=17721]
I have seen so many charts and I can tell you categorically from experience that this rule is (for the majority of charts I have seen) not true. If you got a debilitated retrograde planet it is better to be humble and acknowledge the mistakes of the past lives and move on. Rather than saying -"oh look my debilitated planet is retrograde therefore it is exalted. Let me proceed to enjoy my life". In one case of a Cancer ascendant this person had his Saturn debilitated and retrograde and I can tell you he had the worst experience in the marriage realm and business relationships. After a while he was advised to ignore that part of his life and move on.
[/quote]