Kalathra Dosha

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
moon111
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User
Kalathra Dosha

Post by moon111 » 07 Jul 2016

Dear Learned members,

I have read about Kalathra Dosha yesterday, and I have some question about it. Unfortunately,I have this in my chart because my Sun, Mercury and Mars are in my 7th house.

Some articles say that it's only in male's chart - some say that it can be exist female's charts too.

Some articles say that you can cancel it, if you marry a person who has the same Dosha as you; but I have read the opposite as well, you should marry a person who doesn't have this to cancel the Dosha.

I read about if your Jupiter make an aspect to your 8th or 7th house, it's also cancel the Dosha.

What's the truth about it? What's your experience? All my relationship will be ruined because of this position, there is no remedy to it?

Regards, Moon.

astrovedic
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Kalathra Dosha

Post by astrovedic » 09 Aug 2016

What is your ascendant ? mere presence of Sun & Mars is not enough to make the dosha significant, their lordships matter and Kalatra dosham does have reduction factors. The female equivalent is called Mangalya dosham.

AstroDrAnjna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by AstroDrAnjna » 12 Sep 2016

Venus is the kalathra karaka
7th house is the kalthra sthana
Any malefic planet like sun, mars, saturn, rahu, ketu in 7th house creates kalathra dosha.
Also, If the 7th lord and venus is afflicted in the birth chart it also creates kalathra dosha.

Kalathra dosha may creates problem in marriage like delaying marriage or not getting suitable match.
If marriage happened there may be misunderstanding between the couple or can say there may be ideological differences which may end up in seperation. In some cases problems may be more like health issues to spouse etc.

But there are exceptions on Kalathra dosha also. Like if strong benefic jupiter making aspects on 7th house or if 7th lord is strong. There are many other exceptions which depends on individual horoscope. It depends on the planets involve in this dosha, there sign and lordships etc.

Better to put your birth details here for study.

Priyasr21
Newly Registered User
Newly Registered User

Post by Priyasr21 » 28 May 2019

Please check kalathra Dosha is there or not
Date of birth : 22/12/1986
Birth time: 04.20 am
Birth place Mumbai