Chart Spoilers

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Chart Spoilers

Post by shilpa » 10 Apr 2014

Chart Spoilers

There are combinations in a chart that in my view and from several cases I have seen are real chart spoilers…..that if present can minimize the fructification of Good Yogas or alternatively add miseries / hurdles / troubles to the chart.

These are like the “Elephant in the Room” Syndrome and too big to be missed.
Let’s go through the list starting with the worst cases. There are many discussions on each of these cases so I will not go into the details of “how and wha”t each of these combinations does in this thread

1) Gandanta: If the Lagna or Moon is in Gandanta…it can nullify greatly if not entirely the material and happiness yogas otherwise very obviously promised in the chart.
This is the zone 0.5 degree on either side of the fire-water Rashi boundary.
Books / scriptures might lay out a greater degree but in my experience it's a smaller zone where it's really critical and validated by our experienced board admin Shrikanth...... the critical Gandanta degree is 0.5 degrees.
Further if a planet is in Gandanta then the karkatawas of that planet are greatly nullified for the chart.
So when we see lagna on the cusp Gandanta should definitely be checked.

The remedial solutions although listed in plenty do not work. In my view and only an acceptance and karmic payback is the remedy…and that takes time….plenty of years at best and a life-time at worst.

2) Abhichaar: i.e affliction by evil spirits is in it’s severest form when 6th lord and badhakesh are fully associated. There are other variants also.
Like item-1 this is easy to miss and invokes miseries and troubles in another wise good looking chart.
But unlike item-1 it is easier to overcome through mantras.

3) Cancellation of Exaltation: when two exalted planets are in mutual aspect ( Su, sat) and ( Ma, Jup, ) I have found more often then not that exaltation of both is lost.
I have not found the reference to this in any classic...... BV Raman is the only one who has mentioned of this as an " Ucchha-Bhanga Yoga"
It is a spoiler defnitely in most charts showing this configuration.
And I am not a 100% certain but based on the feedback from the few native’s case-studies….not only the exaltation benefits are lost......worse the planetary karkatwas are greatly nullified too for both those planets.

Most unfortunate this case….it’s highly desired to get even one exalted planet…….here you have two….and both lost and rendered below average.

4) Debilitated Planet: We all know debilitation…and inspite of the various neech-bhangs listed…….it’s not easily cancelled.
Two debilitated planets in mutual aspect( Su-Sat or Ma-Jup) or in mutual Kendra ( debilitated Ma and Sat) are the scenarios where indeed I have found debility to cancel and actually the planets involved become above average planets. This is exactly the reverse of item-3

Readers would note that neither 3 nor 4 can apply to Me-Ve although they exalt and debilitate 7 houses apart because they are so close to each other in Zodiac…and never 7 houses apart.

5) Shani-Mangal conjunction: This conjunction and in a slightly milder form the association of these planets (such as mutual aspect) is never good in the chart. Indicative of carried forward curses……Violence, illness more physical / material in nature are indicated .
Though unlike the top-4 spoilers this does not nullify the good in the chart…but rather adds problems on top of what is already promised by the chart.

6) Shani-Chandra conjunction: This conjunction and in a slightly milder form the association of these planets (such as mutual aspect) is never good in the chart. It’s called the Vish-yoga…and contrary to item-5, this one affects the mind……lack of focus, anxiety, nervousness, stress, mental trauma and symptoms of insanity depending on severity of the yoga. Life long “Sade sati” as I read it somewhere and found it very apt. Though unlike the top-4 spoilers this does not nullify the good in the chart…but rather adds problems on top of what is already promised by the chart.

7) Buddha-Chandra conjunction: This conjunction and in a slightly milder form the association of these planets (such as mutual aspect) is never good in the chart. This one hits the intellect/ intelligence / learning capabilities. Though unlike the top-4 spoilers this does not nullify the good in the chart…but rather adds problems on top of what is already promised by the chart.

8) Node-Conjunction with Shani / Mangal: Can be as potent spoiler as the ones listed above but not always and not necessarily. Nodes act like the plant they conjunct and if shani / Mangal is OK or positive then that is how this conjunction works.
Only if shani/ mangal are rank malefics for the chart…then this become a potently bad combo and a real spoiler.

There are some other spoiler cases also that I would add to the list as time permits.

regards

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

jcb
Donor
Donor

Re: Chart Spoilers

Post by jcb » 10 Apr 2014

Shilpa ji,

Good article about chart spoilers.
I gues Node conjunction with Moon is also a chart spoiler in my opinion as it gives mental distress, anxiety, tension etc.

Regards,
JCB

SuryaLagna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SuryaLagna » 10 Apr 2014

Dear Shilpa Madam,

How far can the following be spoilers:

1) Sun Saturn conjunction
2) Node conjunction with Moon
3)Exchange of Nk's between Mars and Saturn
4) One way aspect. e.g Saturn aspecting Mars but not vice versa

Regards
SL
'Successful people dont have friends, they only have competitors and enemies'

SM1983
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by SM1983 » 10 Apr 2014

Dear Shilpaji

I am having Mercury-Moon conjunction at 7th house. I was a quite good student at my school, college and university. I have completed my masters in chemistry from a reputed university. But, yes rather than my intelligence I achieved things by hard work. At work, I realize I am having good grasping power and learn things quickly.

I am not aware what my chart promises about intellect, learning capability etc..So will not be able to comment whether it got spoiled or not.I will be running Moon-MD from next month, so waiting to see what it will offer.

Regards

SM1983

My birth details:-
Male
DOB: 07-06-1983 (DD/MM/YYYY)
Time:- 16:10
Place: Durgapur (23.48 N,87.32 E), West Bengal

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Dear All,
--nodes with luminaries is intuitively considered to be bad.

However it's not an automatic bad and I have seen so many cases.....

-Nodes take the character of the planet they conjunct so for eg. if Rahu conjuncts and exalted Moon....it will act like an exalted moon....so the native will have 2 times exalted Moon in his chart...2 exalted Moon's is not bad...although 2 moons will have Rahuvian flavor...clever/ shrewd/ upwardly mobiled

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

SM1983 wrote:Dear Shilpaji

I am having Mercury-Moon conjunction at 7th house. I was a quite good student at my school, college and university. I have completed my masters in chemistry from a reputed university. But, yes rather than my intelligence I achieved things by hard work. At work, I realize I am having good grasping power and learn things quickly.

I am not aware what my chart promises about intellect, learning capability etc..So will not be able to comment whether it got spoiled or not.I will be running Moon-MD from next month, so waiting to see what it will offer.

Regards

SM1983

My birth details:-
Male
DOB: 07-06-1983 (DD/MM/YYYY)
Time:- 16:10
Place: Durgapur (23.48 N,87.32 E), West Bengal

dear sm,

I would advise you as I have all readers in my previous thread...never jump to a conclusion with only one indicator.
the conjunction is mitigated if it occurs in kendra / kona and if either of Me-Mo is exalted / swakshetra in Rasi and / or navamsa.
Offocurse the chart would be even better if Me/ Mo was exalted / swakshtra and the two were not conjunct.
but if one or both planets gain strength in Rasi /( navamsa the native will feel the hit lesser.

regards

SuryaLagna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

shilpa wrote:Dear All,
--nodes with luminaries is intuitively considered to be bad.

However it's not an automatic bad and I have seen so many cases.....

-Nodes take the character of the planet they conjunct so for eg. if Rahu conjuncts and exalted Moon....it will act like an exalted moon....so the native will have 2 times exalted Moon in his chart...2 exalted Moon's is not bad...although 2 moons will have Rahuvian flavor...clever/ shrewd/ upwardly mobiled

regards
Dear Madam,

I have Moon Ketu in 5th. Does that mean my Ketu is acting like Moon. I am under Moon MD and it happens to be the lord of 12th. Ketu is exalted in the rashi while moon is exalted in the navamsha.

What about Sun-Saturn conjunction and exchange of Nk's between Mars and Saturn? Can they be considered chart spoilers?

Regards
SL

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Sun-Saturn is not a spoiler....it's the two opposite natured karm-karaks coming together.......one is shram-karak and the other raj-karak.......but both standing for work related virtues.

this combination imparts one outstanding defining character...RESPONSIBILITY.......because of the opposite and innimical relations between Su and Sa.....the native might be stressed / uneasy, worried regarding the significations of the house that this conjunction occurs but he is responsible nevertheless.

This combination when occurring in a good house creates responsible and leashed leaders.....as opposed to for example an exalted Sun...that can create autocracy.

mutual aspect and mutual kendra planets are about 2/3rd the strength of a conjunction...... and house exchange about 1/2 strength as...other means of association.

Nakshtra exchange.....I don't know...I don't work with nakshatras much...other than keeping an eye out for nodes' Nk when standalone.....so I can't really comment.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Dear SL,
I don't think exlattaion / debility of Nodes is really verifiable.
They really aren't much on their own......but rather influenced by the planet they conjunct or if standalone the character of the planet in whose Nk they sit.

In your chart......Moon is well placed in friendly Jup and 3 houses away from Jup...and in the trinal 5th house.....so it's a well placed Moon.
and Ket conjuncts acts like anotehr well placed Moon...imparting spirituality/ Mystique/ intuitive abilities interest in and ability to excel in arts like atsrology.

regards

SuryaLagna
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Thanks a lot Madam!!

Regards
SL

prateak.desai
Contributor
Contributor

Post by prateak.desai » 10 Apr 2014

dear mam
In my chart rahu is with YK saturn. Is it a spoiler.now running Gu-mars not good. rahu AD will be better or worst
18\5\1990 : 17:53 : hubli

Thank you

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 11 Apr 2014

prateak.desai wrote:dear mam
In my chart rahu is with YK saturn. Is it a spoiler.now running Gu-mars not good. rahu AD will be better or worst
18\5\1990 : 17:53 : hubli

Thank you

shani is in own house in the 4th and ruling 5th also.
so Rahu conjunct with shani acts like a swakshetra shani and further empowering shani.
Ra AD will be good.
regards

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 11 Apr 2014

Great post, thank you.

I noticed the chart of the new "James Bond" Daniel Craig has Rahu+mars conjunct and Mars+Saturn conjunct by very close degree's. In Pisces.
too bad his birthtime is unknown....but no matter what time, he has these conjunctions.
March 2, 1968, Chester(United Kingdom)

Should we look for these spoilers in Navamsa too?
(only thing is if so, it'll be hard for many people to not have at least 1..)

Kunal
Contributor
Contributor

Post by Kunal » 11 Apr 2014

shilpa wrote:Chart Spoilers

2) Abhichaar: i.e affliction by evil spirits is in it’s severest form when 6th lord and badhakesh are fully associated.
Like itme-1 this is easy to miss and invokes miseries and troubles in another wise good looking chart.
But unlike item-1 it is easier to overcome through mantras.

regards
This is a good topic. Firstly, thanks for this information Shilpa ji,

Could you please elaborate on Abhichar a bit more when you've time? Perhaps with examples or case studies?
By full association, do you mean conjunction of 6th lord and badhkesh? If that is the most severe form, could you also please tell us about other degrees then to which we may call it an affliction?

I understand that you don't work with nakshatras except in certain cases like you mentioned above, but I just have this question regarding abhichar. If I may ask with an example, considering Dhanu Lagna, I believe Budh is a badhakesh and 6th lord is Venus. Now, if retrograde Shukra is in an evil house (6th,8th.12th) in the nakshatra of Mercury then would it be an association by position? This retrograde Venus is atmakaraka and is also under aspect from retrograde Saturn from the second house. So a mutual aspect. Would it be a case of affliction or are there any exceptions to what you've mentioned? I'm asking cause applying verbatim has never paid me off, hence I thought I could ask for more elaboration and clarity on this with an example. This example is from my own chart and if there are any things that needed to be checked for or against or real life events that needed to be examined or cross checked to come to a conclusion then I can do it. I'd really appreciate an insight on this. I'm mentioning the details below
DOB - 11th September 1991
Time - 13:54
Place - Mumbai, India

Thank you for this topic and hope I get to learn more from this topic.

EDIT - The same doubt as the person above. Do these combinations have to be looked for in the divisional charts too? And what if the positions change in bhav chalit charts? In this example that I used, Venus get exalted in Navamsa conjunct with Saturn in 11 H and Mercury is in own house Gemini in 2 H. How would you evaluate it?

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

here is a note I wrote on another thread about ABHICHAAR and Badhakesh...you might find useful:

1) Every Lagna has a badhakstahn and it's lord is called Badhakesh see the list of badhakstahns for every lagna here http://varahamihira.[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE].ch/2004/10 ... akesh.html

2) Badhsakesh is NOT a malefic on it's own.

3)but rather badhakesh when associated with other bad planets ( such as especially dusthan lords) indicates "Badhaas" ( transliterated stands for hurdles and problems). These are troubles manifesting in life due to past life karmas or bad deeds in current life.
Often time the instant Karmik payback appears as Badhaas

4) On it's own Badhakesh could be benefic or highly positive for the chart and general rules of judgement for planets apply..for example Mars is Badhakesh as well as Yogakark for Leo Lagna and shani for Taurus Lagna. More on this in item 6)

5)
a)when in association with the 6th lord is the severest form of Baadhaas.....are indicated..such as abhichaar.....which means evil spirits are bothering the native causing delays / denials and sickness.
This can be natural affliction by astral bodies floating around or in many cases black-magic type usage of darker forces by other human beings.

b)association with 8th lord can cause severe health issues.....and with 12th lord can cause severe losses.

c) Other associations such as 7th house is reportedly indicative of drishti badhaas ( i.e evil eye). Some say such people have a an evil eye...and others say they are more susceptible to being affected by evil eye...other say such people are susceptible to be afflicted by the drishti of evil women..........others say such people are controlled by strong women........readers can verify themselves. I have found the underlined one most verifiable.

d) Other asociations such as 3/11/ natural malefics manifest in milder forms of Badhas also.

6) It's important to know that Badhakesh can be extremely benefic and positive also if well placed. For example if placed in own house or exalted he will bring a lot of success per the house and planetary karaktwaas.
if however associated with 6th lord for example it will invoke Badhaas in parallel to the positive significations.

Mars and shani do not lose their Yogakarak karkatwaas in cases when they are badhakesh also.
The positive and badhakesh significations run in parallel if the badhaas are being invoked through associations.

7) The associations can be complete such as conjunction or mutual aspect or house exchange......or partial also such as 6th lord sitting in badhaksthan or vice-versa. Further bad aspects in addition to associations may magnify the Badhaas and benefic aspects are mitigators.

9) Much as they cause troubles with severity like fires .....they are rather quickly and easily doused( compared to other doshas in charts) through prayers because often times evils spirits / astral bodies i.e forces of darker world are involved that are warded off rather quickly through divine prayers and mantras.

^When time permits I will turn this into a full article sharing some scripture / texts that surprisingly originated from gods teaching humans and / asuras this "abchichaar vidya"
I am also grateful to Ramanan and Sonu who made their valuable inputs when I was researching this subject several months back.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

GNE wrote:Great post, thank you.

I noticed the chart of the new "James Bond" Daniel Craig has Rahu+mars conjunct and Mars+Saturn conjunct by very close degree's. In Pisces.
too bad his birthtime is unknown....but no matter what time, he has these conjunctions.
March 2, 1968, Chester(United Kingdom)

Should we look for these spoilers in Navamsa too?
(only thing is if so, it'll be hard for many people to not have at least 1..)
dear GNE,

--the chart does have Sa-Ma conjunction, Sa-Mo conjunction and all of that amplified by Rahu in Pisces.

--and while there are defnitely spoilers .......depending on what the lagna is so many planets conjunct might be giving rise to Raj/ Dhana yoga.....and the negativity might be mitigated if Pisces is a trinal / kendar house.

--strangely the Sa-Ma conjunction repeats in most of the D-charts in dasavarga.

---if not mitigated it might show up as a major health issue and a lesser one if mitigated combined with some psychological / drug usage type issues

again that's very generic and broad view.....lagna will help us narrow down.

---yes many of these spoilers are applicable in navamsa also ( actually from No.3 downwards)

regards

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 11 Apr 2014

Thank you for that reply Shilpa,

Yes I do wonder what Daniel Craigs birthtime is.
Since we don't know him personally and only see the results of his movie success, who knows what personal / psychological issues he may have that aren't made public.

Only from No.3 downwards you say are applicable to Navamsa?
Good, as I have the #2 one in my D9. (Gemini lagna, 6th lord mars is in 7th the badhakesh sign+aspecting Jupiter in lagna)

Could you give any more info on Moon conjunct Mercury? If not, that's okay. Just I have a friend who has this - Moon conjunct merc by only 1 degree difference, Cancer lagna so merc isn't the best planet. (conjunct in 4th).
And the conjunction repeats in navamsa in the 3rd house of Sagittarius. Then again in most all other Divisional charts.
And well...yes, his mind is well, not to sharp. And no education past only half of high school.

ashtalakshmi
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by ashtalakshmi » 11 Apr 2014

shilpa wrote:here is a note I wrote on another thread...you might find useful:

c) Other associations such as 7th house is reportedly indicative of drishti badhaas ( i.e evil eye). Some say such people have a an evil eye...and others say they are more susceptible to being affected by evil eye...other say such people are susceptible to be afflicted by the drishti of evil women..........others say such people are controlled by strong women........readers can verify themselves. I have found the underlined one most verifiable.

regards

Shilpa ji, mine is a perfect example of drishti badhaas.I get much affected by evil eye.I have numerous experiences with this and even my mom used to say that since young age, I use to experience this.My badhakesh is sitting in 7th house.

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 12 Apr 2014

7) Buddha-Chandra conjunction: This conjunction and in a slightly milder form the association of these planets (such as mutual aspect) is never good in the chart. This one hits the intellect/ intelligence / learning capabilities. Though unlike the top-4 spoilers this does not nullify the good in the chart…but rather adds problems on top of what is already promised by the chart
http://lightonvedicastrology.com/articl ... 11th-house

Now she is in a Mercury mahadasha, with Mercury exalted in the 3rd house. She is now spending a good deal of her time writing. If you look at Mercury from the Moon, Sun, or dasha lord Mercury then Mercury is the 1st and 10th lord exalted, conjunct the 11th lord Moon. This again shows the continued pattern of status and recognition that she has enjoyed since the late 60's.
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

GNE
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by GNE » 12 Apr 2014

I came across actor (and recent oscar winner) matthew mcconaughey's chart, and noticed it has 3 deb. planets, and 2 are in mutual kendra'a, aspecting one another. Could be a neat chart to study.
I notice saturn's depositor mars is exalted and aspcts it, so cancellation of debilitation?

anyway:
http://www.astrosage.com/celebrity-horo ... -chart.asp

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 12 Apr 2014

Dear GNE,
thanks for sharing.....it's a good " case in point " chart

regards

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 12 Apr 2014

Kemadruma is another one, at least as a problematic flag!
Rohiniranjan

anuradha
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by anuradha » 12 Apr 2014

Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy ex chief minister of A.P, Mercury-Moon aspecting each other. 8th July,1949, 22.42 ,Pulivendla{A.P].
A person should not be too honest. Straight trees are cut first and honest people are screwed first.
“Reasoning with a drunkard is like
Going under water with a torch to seek for a drowning man.”

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 13 Apr 2014

Dear anuradha,
It appears from your posts and the PM...that you are uncomfortable with No.8 on the list.
See some more notes from me:

--As I said in my article that the list goes from worst( No.1) to the least ( No.8 and Me-Mo is No. 8
--Further i explained to member SM that readers should not jump up with simply one indicator.......there may be mitigators as explained in that post.

--Further the commonsense, wit, intellect, practical sharp mindedness are traits that can be judged by in person interaction with the native or if he is a public figure through his interviews and media comments.

Getting degrees and having a successful career /professional lives..of natives we do not know personally or closely.... does not confirm having or lacking those traits in italics.

For example Obama, Shashi Tharoor, Amir Khan exhibit that intellect / wit/ sharpness of mind through their words in media..........Joe Biden, Dan Qualye, Bush Jr., Rahul Gandhi, Salman Khan clearly do not.
I haven't see their charts nor am I trying to guess what planetary configurations these guys have....but rather making the point that :
a) you need to interact in person or monitor a lot of his public interviews / comments to judge the traits in italics
b) Not having these traits does not make a lesser human ( as you can see the list of celebrities lacking these traits)

regards

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 15 Apr 2014

Interestingly, the Boston Marathon bomb blast (April 15, 2013, 14:50, Boston, MA, USA: Source Astrodienst) has #3 and the chart has mars (in 9th) as the common final dispositor and a few other features.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan