Chart Spoilers

For discussion on aspects, retrograde, combustion, planetary war, vargottama, kuja dosha, alternate lagnas etc.
Forum rules
READ Forum-Wide Rules and Guidelines NOTICE: OFFENSIVE POSTS WILL BE DELETED, AND OFFENDERS WILL HAVE ALL POSTS MODERATED.
shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Re: Chart Spoilers

Post by shilpa » 15 Apr 2014

Crystalpages wrote:Interestingly, the Boston Marathon bomb blast (April 15, 2013, 14:50, Boston, MA, USA: Source Astrodienst) has #3 and the chart has mars (in 9th) as the common final dispositor and a few other features.

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
that was exactly one year back.....and even today...sun is back in Aries and Sat still in Libra....... Sun-Sat are in Uchha-Bhanga Yoga until Sun exits Aries in a week or 10 days

regards

1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 15 Apr 2014

Rohiniranjan
OUCH!! The coincidence (timing, etc.) did attract my attention, hence the earlier posting, but did not think about the additional and potential effect of the lunar eclipse! I wonder if someone more knowledgeable in eclipses can provide us with their thoughts...?

This is probably not astrologically important but yesterday sometime, though I noticed only at about 8 PM that my thermostat was blank! Ultimately it got figured out that it did use batteries (I had completely forgotten about it requiring batteries) and it turned out that that was the problem. The batteries were kind of generic (KIRKLAND) brand and were last replaced some 8-9 years ago! So, folks, sometimes generic products surpass the BIG NAMES costing a lot more!!
Regards,

Rohiniranjan
What has batteries got to do with the topic at hand? Can you please try and stick to astrology? Do you remember what you wrote in your now-deleted thread called "simply stated" ?
Rohiniranjan

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 15 Apr 2014

fluid2finance wrote:Hi Shilpa

There is a decently well written book by an individual - Trivedi on saturn. I read it a few years back. He did research on 300 or so horoscopes and tried to ascertain generic rules for the planet saturn, its placements and transits.

I remember one of his conclusions was that when saturn is directly opposite of sun (like right now) and the closer it is to direct opposition which we should be in about 3 weeks from now, he observes that such a saturn gave very good results in most areas it ruled functionally and generically in the horoscope

as an example if saturn is exalted in 7th (obviously directionally strong too in this example) and sun is exalted in aries...saturn gives extremely good results related to career/ business and gains but delays marriage as late as in 40s and sometimes denies marriage completely....

anyways just thought was apt....

Dear F2F,
Thanks for sharing.
what's not clear is if the underlined part means.....generally when sun-saturn are opposite..... or the specific case when they are opposite each other and exalted ( that we are discussing here).....

--generally speaking I have observed in reply to one of the posters on this thread and written else-where on the forum also that Sun-Sa association ( conjunction or mutual aspect) produces responsible leaders....and although stressful it's a good combination to have.

--specific case when they are both in exaltation ( and hence in mutual aspect) is a spoiler ( item no.3) from the charts I have seen with this combo.

--what is also not clear is how many of the 300 case studies done by Sri Trivedi on Saturn .......are of Sun-Saturn opposite?........ and how many of those are actually Sun-Sa in exaltation? ......and what are the specific findings on this smallest sub-group ???....because that is the one in the preview of our discussions on this thread?

regards
1हनुमान2अंजनीसुत3वायुपुत्र4महाबल5रामेष्ट6फाल्गुनसखा7पिंगाक्ष8अमितविक्रम9उदधिक्रमण10सीताशोकविनाशन 11लक्षमणप्राणदाता12दशग्रीवदर्पहा

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 16 Apr 2014

Dear f2f,

Is it:
Title: Secrets of Saturn
Author(s): Mridula Trivedi, T. P. Trivedi
ISBN: 9788174766892
Year of Publication: 2010
Format: Soft Cover
Language: English

captured this from the Vedic-net site, to save you some time.

Cheers!

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

Crystalpages
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by Crystalpages » 17 Apr 2014

Dear f2f,

Thanks!

When we stop, the path never does?

The BOOKS remain? Like Psyche and Cosmos by R.T.??

A good READ!

Regards,

Rohiniranjan
Rohiniranjan

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 24 Apr 2014

Dear members,

How to mitigate negative effects of Vish Yoga, if it is there in the chart?

What are the general implications if someone is having this yoga?
I am letting go of the thoughts that do not make me strong.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 25 Apr 2014

manya wrote:Dear members,

dear manya,

pray to Lord shiva.....chant "Om namah shivay" 108 times daily....listen to or play gently shiv stutis in your home.....offer milk on shivlings as often as you can especially on Mondays and fast wholly or partially on Mondays

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 25 Apr 2014

Dear Manya,
further to the above which is more a general remdy for appeasing moon....here is a specific remdy for Vish yoga.....being shared .courtesy one of the knoweledegable admins of the forum.

..So Chandra kavach is one of the best remedies for vish yoga...http://stotraratna.sathyasaibababrother ... g/n11.htm..

this is written by Gautama rishi and is one of the best remedies for vish yoga along with archana to moon god for 3 consecutive poornimas..

vsvs

Post by vsvs » 26 Apr 2014

Last edited by vsvs on 15 Oct 2014, edited 1 time in total.

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 28 Apr 2014

Dear vsvs,

--well you have debilitated shani and debilitated Moon....some kind of limited neech bhanga might apply here as Mars is in own house.

--and for libra lagna surya is badhakesh and is in conjunction with Ve the 8th lord ...so a milder version abchichaar affliction is also a possibility-

--and you are running Moon-Shani period natural enemies...both in debility ..and Rahu has been transiting over the Lagna for the last 15 months or so...another stress point.

--sun is ecölipsed by a naegative Rahu also here.

--so my friend there are spoilers in the chart and unfortunately you are running throuhg a very very tough period in life with many negative elements acting simultaneously....and they do not just add up but rather multiply.

---what you could do is find and idol or picture of panchmukhi hanuman and pray to him daily chanting or playing panch mukhi hanumna stotra...that will ease a lot of stress

---and also to strengthen moon pray to lord shiva visit shiv temples...play shiv stuti in the house.

--shani will transit over your debilitated Moon from Nov 2014.......and peak of sade sati will start.
so you have to have faith, patience ,surrender yourself to the divine instead of fighting and feeling bad.....and you will have strength to see through the bad periods.

regards

vsvs

Post by vsvs » 28 Apr 2014

Namaste Shilpaji
In all humility, let me thank you with folded hands for your kindness in identifying the spoilers in my chart.Through an initial period of acrimony, this March onwards I am at peace with myself .Prayers & connect with God & the soul have been helpful , also an understanding that bloom in work-life will happen when planetary positions change for better.

---To reduce illeffects of one-or-more of the spoilers , will a combination of CHARITY + prayers help better ?
Do different vedic-texts/astrological streams have any tested remedies for the spoilers ?
---I recite the Hanuman chalisa , should the PanchmukhiStotra be recited instead of the chalisa?
---One important question. I have pulled the last 17 years of my work reasonably well . Do you forsee broadly the remaining
part of my career-life sliding and going Down-the-Hill ? Is it over ..
Regards
vsvs

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 28 Apr 2014

dear vsvs,

--you can do the panchmukhi hanuman stotra in place of chalisa...that's OK.

--sade sati peak will finish at the end of 2017 sometime.....and Moon MD will finish at the end of 2019...this will be a period where you should aim to hold on to the position you have in career....there will be stresses and hurdles...

--But by setting your expectations realistically, and immersing yourself in prayers, good karma ( yes charitable work will help), and a spiritual approach ....you will pass this phase with relatively less difficulty.

regards

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 29 Apr 2014

shilpa wrote:
manya wrote:Dear members,

dear manya,

pray to Lord shiva.....chant "Om namah shivay" 108 times daily....listen to or play gently shiv stutis in your home.....offer milk on shivlings as often as you can especially on Mondays and fast wholly or partially on Mondays

regards
Thank you Shilpa ji,

I also wanted to know, what exactly does it mean when you say chart spoilers....i mean how does it effect the chart, in what sense, does they effect the person's growth materialistically/spiritualistic/wealth/health?

In case Sat is 4th lord and Moon is 9th lord, then being a kendra lord and kona lord, will this conjunction still give bad effects?If yes then what?

manya
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Post by manya » 29 Apr 2014

Shilpa ji,

Please repost the link that you have given, I am unable to open....

vsvs

Post by vsvs » 29 Apr 2014

Namaste Shilpaji
Thanks for your kind reply . I didnt understand the hurdle period mentioned in your post .
In between 2017-19 ....or....Is it period after Moon MD finishes ?
vsvs

REFERENCE YOUR POST : sade sati peak will finish at the end of 2017 sometime.....and Moon MD will finish at the end of 2019...this will be a period where you should aim to hold on to the position you have in career....there will be stresses and hurdles...
Thanks

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 01 May 2014

vsvs wrote:Namaste Shilpaji
Thanks for your kind reply . I didnt understand the hurdle period mentioned in your post .
In between 2017-19 ....or....Is it period after Moon MD finishes ?
vsvs

REFERENCE YOUR POST : sade sati peak will finish at the end of 2017 sometime.....and Moon MD will finish at the end of 2019...this will be a period where you should aim to hold on to the position you have in career....there will be stresses and hurdles...
Thanks
you will see a step-down reduction in end of 2017 and further relief at the end of 2019 when Moon MD ends

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 01 May 2014

manya wrote:Shilpa ji,

Please repost the link that you have given, I am unable to open....
http://varahamihira.[NO EXTERNAL LINKS PLEASE].ch/2004/10 ... akesh.html

i checked and it works
regards

verma071
Contributor
Contributor

Post by verma071 » 01 May 2014

Deleted
Last edited by verma071 on 10 May 2014, edited 1 time in total.

vsvs

Post by vsvs » 01 May 2014

Namaste Shilpaji
Thanks for the clarity , I understand the same now.
I stoppped wearing Gemstones as a remedy for spoliers few months back , putting focus on prayers FIRST
Hope this is right according to you .
Thanks
vsvs

sayu

Post by sayu » 02 Jun 2014

Dear Shilpa ji
I would appreciate your views whether the native's chart is having chart spoilers as her life has come in utter state of confusion. She is divorced, suffering with serious sickness mentally and physically both and she is without any support. Whether she would get some one to stand along with and whether and when her condition will improve relation wise, financially and professionally?
Details
3/5/1983
3:15 PM
Varanasi
Regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by shilpa » 05 Jun 2014

Dear sayu,

--the chart does have a spoiler.....exlated Sa and Su......aspecting each other on the 2-8 axis and 8th house has Mars seated there ...manglik yoga althoug mitigated by Mangal being swakshetra..

--Moon the karak for mind is afflicted by Ketu and under the aspect of natal Rahu and transitory shani.

she has a tough chart.....and should chant Om namah shivay , pray to lord shiva and listen to shiv stutis.

regards

sayu

Post by sayu » 05 Jun 2014

Dear Shilpa ji
Thank you so much for your reply. Please let me know when do you foresee improvement in her life quality, physically and financially. I will be very thankful for your response.
Best regards
Sayu

DhoomDhoom
Contributor
Contributor

Post by DhoomDhoom » 05 Jun 2014

shilpa wrote:Chart Spoilers

There are combinations in a chart that in my view and from several cases I have seen are real chart spoilers…..that if present can minimize the fructification of Good Yogas or alternatively add miseries / hurdles / troubles to the chart.

These are like the “Elephant in the Room” Syndrome and too big to be missed.
Let’s go through the list starting with the worst cases. There are many discussions on each of these cases so I will not go into the details of “how and wha”t each of these combinations does in this thread

1) Gandanta: If the Lagna or Moon is in Gandanta…it can nullify greatly if not entirely the material and happiness yogas otherwise very obviously promised in the chart.
This is the zone 0.5 degree on either side of the fire-water Rashi boundary.
Books / scriptures might lay out a greater degree but in my experience it's a smaller zone where it's really critical and validated by our experienced board admin Shrikanth...... the critical Gandanta degree is 0.5 degrees.
Further if a planet is in Gandanta then the karkatawas of that planet are greatly nullified for the chart.
So when we see lagna on the cusp Gandanta should definitely be checked.

The remedial solutions although listed in plenty do not work. In my view and only an acceptance and karmic payback is the remedy…and that takes time….plenty of years at best and a life-time at worst.

2) Abhichaar: i.e affliction by evil spirits is in it’s severest form when 6th lord and badhakesh are fully associated. There are other variants also.
Like item-1 this is easy to miss and invokes miseries and troubles in another wise good looking chart.
But unlike item-1 it is easier to overcome through mantras.

3) Cancellation of Exaltation: when two exalted planets are in mutual aspect ( Su, sat) and ( Ma, Jup, ) I have found more often then not that exaltation of both is lost.
I have not found the reference to this in any classic...... BV Raman is the only one who has mentioned of this as an " Ucchha-Bhanga Yoga"
It is a spoiler defnitely in most charts showing this configuration.
And I am not a 100% certain but based on the feedback from the few native’s case-studies….not only the exaltation benefits are lost......worse the planetary karkatwas are greatly nullified too for both those planets.

Most unfortunate this case….it’s highly desired to get even one exalted planet…….here you have two….and both lost and rendered below average.

4) Debilitated Planet: We all know debilitation…and inspite of the various neech-bhangs listed…….it’s not easily cancelled.
Two debilitated planets in mutual aspect( Su-Sat or Ma-Jup) or in mutual Kendra ( debilitated Ma and Sat) are the scenarios where indeed I have found debility to cancel and actually the planets involved become above average planets. This is exactly the reverse of item-3

Readers would note that neither 3 nor 4 can apply to Me-Ve although they exalt and debilitate 7 houses apart because they are so close to each other in Zodiac…and never 7 houses apart.

5) Shani-Mangal conjunction: This conjunction and in a slightly milder form the association of these planets (such as mutual aspect) is never good in the chart. Indicative of carried forward curses……Violence, illness more physical / material in nature are indicated .
Though unlike the top-4 spoilers this does not nullify the good in the chart…but rather adds problems on top of what is already promised by the chart.

6) Shani-Chandra conjunction: This conjunction and in a slightly milder form the association of these planets (such as mutual aspect) is never good in the chart. It’s called the Vish-yoga…and contrary to item-5, this one affects the mind……lack of focus, anxiety, nervousness, stress, mental trauma and symptoms of insanity depending on severity of the yoga. Life long “Sade sati” as I read it somewhere and found it very apt. Though unlike the top-4 spoilers this does not nullify the good in the chart…but rather adds problems on top of what is already promised by the chart.

7) Buddha-Chandra conjunction: This conjunction and in a slightly milder form the association of these planets (such as mutual aspect) is never good in the chart. This one hits the intellect/ intelligence / learning capabilities. Though unlike the top-4 spoilers this does not nullify the good in the chart…but rather adds problems on top of what is already promised by the chart.

8) Node-Conjunction with Shani / Mangal: Can be as potent spoiler as the ones listed above but not always and not necessarily. Nodes act like the plant they conjunct and if shani / Mangal is OK or positive then that is how this conjunction works.
Only if shani/ mangal are rank malefics for the chart…then this become a potently bad combo and a real spoiler.

There are some other spoiler cases also that I would add to the list as time permits.

regards
Isn't 'Kendradhipati Dosh' another chart-spoiler? Like Jupiter for Gemini and Virgo ascendants and Mercury for Sagittarius and Pisces ascendants? How much does Kendradhipati Dosh spoil a chart and karatwakas of the planet?

Regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

sayu wrote:Dear Shilpa ji
Thank you so much for your reply. Please let me know when do you foresee improvement in her life quality, physically and financially. I will be very thankful for your response.
Best regards
Sayu

there will be improvements......please ask her to pray as suggested above.
and further it is suggested she takes on some kind of social work / community service ...such as working in an orphanage or old age home or becoming a foster parent of a poor child.....or anything that benefits humanity and stretches her time and convenience.

regards

shilpa
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

DhoomDhoom wrote:

Isn't 'Kendradhipati Dosh' another chart-spoiler? Like Jupiter for Gemini and Virgo ascendants and Mercury for Sagittarius and Pisces ascendants? How much does Kendradhipati Dosh spoil a chart and karatwakas of the planet?

Regards

Dear DhoomDhoom,
Kendradhipati although talked about as a Dosha at a number of places......is not a problem or a real dosha in the charts I have seen.

regards